German talents in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
    From what I remember, our U18 beat the US U18 twice, and our U17 also beat them once. Yes, we are winning...actually!
    So you won the tournament, congratulations!

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by DeportGrahamLimMovement View Post
      So you won the tournament, congratulations!

Good job!
      just look at the thread for the tournament in here, or look up the tournament homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
        Filipinos here in the Forum tend to target everyone who's surname may sound Filipino and is proven to be able to hold a ball, particularly when he's above 6'0''.
        this is from christian stanhardinger on his face book:guys iam a proud half fillipino but i cant _effort_ the ticket of the flight yet trust me if i could i would love to meet the team !
        April 7 at 4:45amhttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...8508936&ref=ts

Check it here!!!! before you talk shit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
          Standhardinger is being heavily targeted by Filipinos given his ancestry, despite the fact he already played for German national teams.
          just like the germans wanted to play kaman to play in ther natl team

Comment

Originally posted by gilasfanatic View Post
            just like the germans wanted to play kaman to play in ther natl team
            Totally different situations: Kaman was born in the US and never played for USA. Standhardinger was born in Germany and already played for the country.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
              Totally different situations: Kaman was born in the US and never played for USA. Standhardinger was born in Germany and already played for the country.
              what im trying to say is that we want christian to play for our NT becoz we need him as much as the germans wanted to play kaman on their team.

Comment

We fans at Gonzaga are hoping that we'll be adding another young German talent to our roster this fall, Mathis Mönninghoff, pending receipt of satisfactory SAT test scores. He's said to be a very intelligent young man, so I have to believe he'll be on campus when school starts this fall. Fingers crossed, anyway.

In addition to Gonzaga mining Germany for talent, Niels Griffey has just verbally committed to UConn, traditional NCAA powerhouse. Gonzaga was also on Griffey's list of schools he was considering.

Just in case the stars align and Mönninghoff signs with Gonzaga, I have calendared the dates and places for all the German U18 games upcoming in coming weeks to cheer him on from across the pond.

I hope that Elias' maturity, discipline, work ethic, and talent is what we can expect to see if young Mr. Mönninghoff becomes a Zag.

This thread needs another photo, this one of Elias with point guard Demetri Goodson vs. Syracuse in the second round of the NCAA tournament. Unfortunately, Elias 24 points and 8 rebounds weren't enough to prevent a lopsided loss ...

Last edited by zagnative; 06-20-2010, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Nets select Tibor Pleiss at no.31 of the Second Round in the NBA 2010 Draft.
                  Sacramento Kings
                  HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Tibor Pleiss' draft rights was traded to the Thunder.
                    Sacramento Kings
                    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

The fact, that the Thunder payed 3 Million Dollars to the Hawks to get the rights to Pleiss into their hands indicates a strong interest by that team, to really plan with him in the future.

I'm really curious, how Harris and Benzing may do in next years draft. Particularly Benzing had a very strong showing in this years pre draftcamp in Treviso/Italy, and should be on quite a fiew teams lists.
                      Harris in my oppinion made a wise decision to spend another year at Gonzaga, despite being considered a sure 1st rounder in this years draft already. If he stays healthy and continues to develop his game, he should be a lock for next years 1st round, while my current guess would be, that Benzing will go at least early in the 2nd round.

Griffey at UConn next season will be just as interesting to watch, as Mönninghoffs development at Gonzaga. Both have very solid potential in my oppinion.

Comment

Martin Breunig signed with Maryland:
                        Originally posted by Fedfan
                        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                        Originally posted by GuTO
                        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Patrick Heckmann to attend Boston College

According to various online sources Patrick Heckmann (196-G/F-92) has committed to Boston College (NCAA1) and will enroll this fall. The 19-year-old Mainz native is a member of the German U10-National Team and received 2010-11 Eurobasket.com All-2. Bundesliga Pro B Newcomer of the Year honors just recently. In 28 games for TV Langen he averaged 11.8 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists per contest. He started his basketball career in his hometown Mainz with ASC Theresianum, spent the 2008-09 season at Cheyenne Mountain High School in Colorado Springs, Colorado and then returned to Mainz. He was named the Eurobasket.com All-Regionalliga South-West Newcomer of the Year in 2009-10. Heckmann represented his country internationally on several occassions, including the 2008 U16 European Championships (Division B), the 2010 Albert-Schweitzer-Tournament and the 2010 U18 European Championships.
                          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                            Rough day for this group of German talents
                            http://projects.washingtonpost.com/h...ol/2010/02/26/
                            Better showing for the Germans this year:

On this form they should dominate the French School and the British School!
                            Originally posted by Fedfan
                            Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                            Originally posted by GuTO
                            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Breunig, Giffey, Wolf, Reischel, Mönninghoff and others are only getting little to no playing time.
                              Elias Harris bulked up and is playing the 4 which ends his NBA dreams.

I from Wisconsin!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                                Breunig, Giffey, Wolf, Reischel, Mönninghoff and others are only getting little to no playing time.
                                Elias Harris bulked up and is playing the 4 which ends his NBA dreams.
                                Although just a freshman, Reischel has already become a starter at Rice, Mario Blessing a starter at USC Upstate, Patrick Heckmann throughout most of the season a starter at Boston College, Dennis Kramer a pretty solid starter at San Diego, Sebastian Koch starting at Elon and of course Elias Harris the top player at Gonzaga.
                                Many others are only in their 1st or 2nd year, where it's not that unusual to be only a backup player.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information