Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Historic photo of 1st Israeli 1st Iranian to play in NBA: Omri Casspi & Hamed Haddadi

  1. #1
    Senior Member Dinamita's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    CaliPORNya
    Posts
    761

    Default Historic photo of 1st Israeli 1st Iranian to play in NBA: Omri Casspi & Hamed Haddadi

    This is how it should be.. Historic photo of 1st Israeli 1st Iranian to play in NBA: Omri Casspi & Hamed Haddadi


  2. #2
    Senior Member MaccabiTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,422
    Country: Israel

    Default

    I think it shows the sane majority of the Iranian and Israeli people. after all, this picture shouldn't be anything special in a normal world anyway.. but i sure think haddadi needed to have some gutts to do that, after all in every other sport the Iranian force their athletes to not show up in case hi's competitor is Israeli.

  3. #3
    Administrator stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    5,271
    Country: United States

    Default

    Another photo

    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    I think it shows the sane majority of the Iranian and Israeli people. after all, this picture shouldn't be anything special in a normal world anyway.. but i sure think haddadi needed to have some gutts to do that, after all in every other sport the Iranian government force their athletes to not show up in case hi's competitor is Israeli.
    you missed one word

    anyhow this is not important or historical because this is not a national event

  5. #5
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    you missed one word

    anyhow this is not important or historical because this is not a national event
    For the outside world it is. Too bad most people inside (each) country will forever have some issues (whatever that is) Clearly, i don't understand the history nor will i try to understand it but hey, we are trying to have peace here i don't know if the sentiment is true with people with issues. Too bad really. Again, i know this could be bigger than a game (specifically basketball) but hey can't everyone just live in peace and forget whatever issues there is altogether? Oh well. Maybe not.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  6. #6
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    It's much easier to get Iranians and Israelis together then their leaders.

    Wish them both luck in the L representin' the Middle (Near) East.

  7. #7
    Senior Member spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    450

    Default


  8. #8
    Senior Member melizei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kocaeli,Turkey
    Posts
    296
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Maybe Iran and Israel have bad relationship at politics, but this is sport and sports shouldn't be effected from politics.Congratulations for both players.
    Turkish National Team in 2016

    PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Özmızrak
    SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
    SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
    PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
    C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

  9. #9
    Senior Member Test's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    I wonder what those Clippers game commentators would tell about this event. I am sure they would make jokes about Iran and would tell lots of good things about Israeli player and Israel

  10. #10
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Test View Post
    I wonder what those Clippers game commentators would tell about this event. I am sure they would make jokes about Iran and would tell lots of good things about Israeli player and Israel
    Yes, and it will remain a joke. Too bad half the people in this world doesn't have a sense of humor.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  11. #11
    Senior Member MaccabiTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,422
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    For the outside world it is. Too bad most people inside (each) country will forever have some issues (whatever that is) Clearly, i don't understand the history nor will i try to understand it but hey, we are trying to have peace here i don't know if the sentiment is true with people with issues. Too bad really. Again, i know this could be bigger than a game (specifically basketball) but hey can't everyone just live in peace and forget whatever issues there is altogether? Oh well. Maybe not.
    there is no problem with the people in each country, actually Israel and Iran had great relations till the extremist islamic revolution. Israel even sold WEAPONS to Iran, but then, for no (logic) reason the Iranian revolution extremists decided they hate Israel, USA and actually almost the entire western world. but the people in both don't have any problem with each other.

    mohsena2631 you're right i did forget this word
    and i think you're wrong, it is important. i asume he is some kind of a role model in Iran after all he is the first Iranian in the NBA, it might show some people there is another way.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Test View Post
    I wonder what those Clippers game commentators would tell about this event. I am sure they would make jokes about Iran and would tell lots of good things about Israeli player and Israel
    Go to:
    fox-apologizes-for-nba-announcers-controversial-comments-about-iranian-player

    Fox Apologizes For NBA Announcers? Controversial Comments About Iranian Player:

    “We regret the remarks made by Clippers announcers Michael Smith and Ralph Lawler during Wednesday’s telecast. While we believe that Michael and Ralph did not intend their exchange to be offensive, in retrospect, the comments were inappropriate. We extend our apologies to Hamed Haddadi of the Memphis Grizzlies and to anyone who was offended. We have addressed this situation with Michael and Ralph and have taken appropriate action.”

    They compared him to Borat (who ironically is played by a Jew with connections to Israel) and made comments like, "I guess those Iranians can pass the ball!"

    To make you feel better, it's usually a Republican (in politics, non-basketball related) that would make a comment about a Jew (never Israelis though, they're the good ones - you know, not living in the U.S. and all).

  13. #13
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    there is no problem with the people in each country, actually Israel and Iran had great relations till the extremist islamic revolution. Israel even sold WEAPONS to Iran, but then, for no (logic) reason the Iranian revolution extremists decided they hate Israel, USA and actually almost the entire western world. but the people in both don't have any problem with each other.
    To be fair, the Iranian government before the Islamic extremists took over was basically a U.S. puppet regime, and Israel did still deal with Iran afterwords (Israel's part in Iran-Contra and all) illegally (for the U.S.).

  14. #14
    Senior Member Buran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shiraz
    Posts
    621
    Country: Iran

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    there is no problem with the people in each country, actually Israel and Iran had great relations till the extremist islamic revolution. Israel even sold WEAPONS to Iran, but then, for no (logic) reason the Iranian revolution extremists decided they hate Israel, USA and actually almost the entire western world.

    That is a very nice picture.


    Even during the Shah era, Iran and Israel's relations were a sensitive and contentious subject inside Iran. Iran's embassy in Israel was described as Bonn II embassy (Bonn being the capital of West Germany) inside Iran and El Al planes were not allowed to land at Tehran international Airport during daytime, to limit their visibility in public eye.

  15. #15
    Senior Member blacklight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    116

    Default

    government must be excluded about this issue since this is not an event that concerns nationality like Olympics, although their country has bad relationships to each other.

    they must give chance both of players to showcase their talents and show it to the world.
    Silicone bracelets are my favorite stuff when i play basketball.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •