Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 272

Thread: 2010 U20 European Championship

  1. #1
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,055
    Country: Croatia

    Default 2010 U20 European Championship

    Croatia will host 2010. U-20 championship

    http://www.kosarka.hr/main.asp?dir=news&newsid=30077
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

    I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

  2. #2
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,321
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Weren't they one of the best European teams in the last U19 WC. EC U20seems like a lock for Croatia. Maybe the Greek youngsters can pull up a fight.
    Last edited by Victorious; 11-16-2009 at 03:01 AM.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  3. #3
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,055
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Weren't they one of the best European teams in the last U19 WC. EC U20seems like a lock for Croatia. Maybe the Greek youngsters can pull up of a fight.
    Yes, thats why our federation wannted this championship. It's our most talented generation in recent years. In U-16 they ben 4., U-18 3., and U-19 3.
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

    I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

  4. #4
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,055
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Oficial logo of U-20 EC selected. mix of croatia landscape, national and basketball symbols...blue cloud represent northern coratia, rim and net represent istra, ball represent northwestern croatia and cheseboard (like colors on our emblem) colored tie (tie was invented by croatians) represent rocky coast of dalmatia



    http://www.kosarka.hr/main.asp?dir=news&newsid=32856
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

    I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

  5. #5

    Default

    Preliminary Round will be played in Makarska (http://bit.ly/amRuhj) and Crkvenica. Final round and Placement games then in Visnjik Arena.

  6. #6
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    U20 Polish Group Named For Camp

    Poland have announced the 16 players and five reserves that will gather for their first training camp ahead of the U20 European Championship for Men.

    The camp will be staged in Ostrow Wielkopolski from June 7-14.

    Poland will be in Group A with Slovenia, Lithuania and Ukraine when the U20 European Championship is staged in Vilnius from July 22 to August 1.

    Preliminary Squad: Tomasz Maryniewski (Asseco Prkom Gdynia), Marek Szumełda (Korona Kraków), Mariusz Rapucha (Żubry Białystok), Piotr Pamuła, Jarosław Mokros, Krzysztof Sulima (all Polonia 2011 Warszawa) Marcin Dymała (Stal Ostrów Wlkp.), Sebastian Szymański (Turów Zgorzelec), Radosław Bojko (Wilki Morskie Szczecin), Mark Dąbrowski (Douglas Colledge), Hubert Wierzbicki (Sportino Inowrocław), Michał Bańczer (LF Academy Chicago), Jakub Parzeński (WKS Śląsk Wrocław), Aleksander Czyż (Nevada University), Tomasz Nowakowski (Olimpija Ljubljana), Jakub Wojciechowski (Benetton Treviso).

    Reserves: Karol Nowacki (Wilki Morskie Szczecin), Alan Czujkowski (Polonia Warszawa), Wojciech Fraś (Korona Kraków), Łukasz Bodych (Spójnia Stargard Szczeciński), Roman Szymański (Polonia 2011 Warszawa).
    http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_DvNbO...frontpage.html
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  7. #7
    albiongate
    Guest

    Default Michal Banczer (Poland)




  8. #8
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,055
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    lithuania gave wide list to

    Vardas, pavardė
    Gim. metai
    Klubas

    Eimantas Bendžius
    1990
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Gediminas Bertašius
    1990
    Marianapolio mok. (JAV)

    Gilvydas Biruta
    1991
    Rutgerso univ. (JAV)

    Paulius Dambrauskas
    1991
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Adomas Drungilas
    1990
    Kauno „Žalgiris-Sabonio mokykla“

    Edvinas Jezukevičius
    1990
    Vilniaus „Akademija“

    Mantas Kadzevičius
    1991
    Kauno „Aisčiai“

    Evaldas Kairys
    1990
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Saulius Kulvietis
    1991
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Osvaldas Matulionis
    1991
    Kauno „Aisčiai“

    Donatas Motiejūnas
    1990
    Trevizo „Benetton“ (ITA)

    Deividas Nazarovas
    1991
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Gediminas Orelikas
    1990
    Prienų „Rūdupis“

    Augustas Pečiukevičius
    1991
    Kauno „Aisčiai“

    Matas Sapiega
    1990
    Kauno „Erelita-KTU“

    Tautvydas Šležas
    1990
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Giedrius Staniulis
    1991
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Darius Tarvydas
    1991
    Vilniaus „KM-Magnus“

    Ovidijus Varanauskas
    1991
    Vilniaus „Sakalai“

    Marius Zimnickas
    1990
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    I guess Moteijunas won't be i Croatia as he said that last year
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

    I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    lithuania gave wide list to

    Vardas, pavardė
    Gim. metai
    Klubas

    Eimantas Bendžius
    1990
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Gediminas Bertašius
    1990
    Marianapolio mok. (JAV)

    Gilvydas Biruta
    1991
    Rutgerso univ. (JAV)

    Paulius Dambrauskas
    1991
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Adomas Drungilas
    1990
    Kauno „Žalgiris-Sabonio mokykla“

    Edvinas Jezukevičius
    1990
    Vilniaus „Akademija“

    Mantas Kadzevičius
    1991
    Kauno „Aisčiai“

    Evaldas Kairys
    1990
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Saulius Kulvietis
    1991
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Osvaldas Matulionis
    1991
    Kauno „Aisčiai“

    Donatas Motiejūnas
    1990
    Trevizo „Benetton“ (ITA)

    Deividas Nazarovas
    1991
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Gediminas Orelikas
    1990
    Prienų „Rūdupis“

    Augustas Pečiukevičius
    1991
    Kauno „Aisčiai“

    Matas Sapiega
    1990
    Kauno „Erelita-KTU“

    Tautvydas Šležas
    1990
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Giedrius Staniulis
    1991
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    Darius Tarvydas
    1991
    Vilniaus „KM-Magnus“

    Ovidijus Varanauskas
    1991
    Vilniaus „Sakalai“

    Marius Zimnickas
    1990
    Vilniaus „Perlas“

    I guess Moteijunas won't be i Croatia as he said that last year
    Yeah, Motiejunas most likely won't play, I think he's about to go to NBA and senior NT team camps. On other hand, I think Valančiūnas might join this team, as it was with Motiejūnas when he played for both U18 and U20 one summer.
    Even without those two, this team might be pretty good.

    The flick from the future...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Spain will likely send the same team that played the u-19 world champs last year with the additions of Josep Franch, Alberto Jodar, Nacho Llovet, maybe Mirotic, and Ricky Rubio (just kidding)

  11. #11
    Senior Member Picek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbenga View Post
    Spain will likely send the same team that played the u-19 world champs last year with the additions of Josep Franch, Alberto Jodar, Nacho Llovet, maybe Mirotic, and Ricky Rubio (just kidding)
    Rubio will play this? with WC in Turkey coming up I somehow doubt he will play at this level..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

    heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "



    some of the people on the forum are allowed to do whatever they want as long as they have guys from upstairs holding their back. way to go interbasket!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbenga View Post
    Spain will likely send the same team that played the u-19 world champs last year with the additions of Josep Franch, Alberto Jodar, Nacho Llovet, maybe Mirotic, and Ricky Rubio (just kidding)
    Better like that?

  13. #13
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Orenga Appointed Coach Of Spain U20

    Former Spain international Juan Antonio Orenga will guide Spain at a U20 European Championship for Men for the second time.

    This year's tournament will be staged in Croatia from July 8-18, with Spain taking on Germany, Slovenia and the tournament hosts.

    Orenga, 43, has been a member of the FEB technical team for three years and has a wealth of experience.

    Having coached the under-20s to a silver medal in Slovenia three years ago, Orenga served as an assistant to Aito Garcia Reneses at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and also helped Sergio Scariolo last year at the EuroBasket in Poland when Spain captured a gold medal.

    Also last summer, he served as the head coach of Spain at the FIBA U19 World Championship in New Zealand.

    "It is a new challenge to guide these young talents of two generations that I know very well," he said.

    "There will be some selected that already competed at the U19 World Championship in New Zealand and others that are younger, but have an important experience having played at excellent level in the last junior EuroBasket.

    "These players are full of enthusiasm and willing to compete at a high level.

    "They have the experience of having competed in the ACB and in the Adecco League.

    "Moreover, from the quality and height that we have of exterior players last year at the U19 World Championship, we also have the interior play with the inclusion of other players."

    Orenga has replaced Gustavo Aranzana, who led the team to bronze medals at the U20 European Championship in Greece last year, and the year before in Latvia.

    He has experience coaching in the ACB, having held the reins of Estudiantes in the 2005-06 campaign.

    As a player, Orenga represented Spain for several years, with his last major tournament coming at the 1998 FIBA World Championship in Athens.

    He averaged more than eight points and four rebounds as Spain finished fifth.
    http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_GZOB8...frontpage.html
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  14. #14
    Senior Member Picek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbenga View Post
    Better like that?
    yes
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

    heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "



    some of the people on the forum are allowed to do whatever they want as long as they have guys from upstairs holding their back. way to go interbasket!

  15. #15
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,055
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Slovenia U-20

    Mirza Sarajlija (Bosna Sarajevo), Brane Lekic (Elektra Esotech), Uros Zadnik (Slovan), Maj Kovacevic (Krka), Jaka Zagorc (Litija), Dino Muric (Parklji), Aldin Delic (Parklji), Nejc Kobal (Parklji), Jakob Cebasek (Parklji), Edo Muric (Parklji), Davor Barovic (Maribor), Marko Vranjkovic (Maribor), Blaz Mahkovic (Maribor), Nejc Buda (Olimpija Ljubljana), Jure Pelko (Lasko), Simo Atanackovic (Lasko), Luka Dimec (Lasko

    Serbia

    Nemanja Nedović, Lazar Radosavljević (Crvena zvezda), Nikola Vukasović, Andreja Milutinović, Svetozar Stamenković, Bojan Subotić, Dušan Ognjenović, Dejan Musli (FMP), Aleksandar Vlahović, Bogdan Riznić, Aleksandar Mitrović, Branislav Đekić, Nemanja Jaramaz (Partizan), Milić Blagojević (Mega Vizura), Nemanja Arnautović (Budućnost), Danilo Anđušić, Uroš Petrović (Hemofarm Štada), Đorđe Majstorović (Majadahonda, Spain).
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

    I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

  16. #16
    albiongate
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Slovenia U-20

    Mirza Sarajlija (Bosna Sarajevo), Brane Lekic (Elektra Esotech), Uros Zadnik (Slovan), Maj Kovacevic (Krka), Jaka Zagorc (Litija), Dino Muric (Parklji), Aldin Delic (Parklji), Nejc Kobal (Parklji), Jakob Cebasek (Parklji), Edo Muric (Parklji), Davor Barovic (Maribor), Marko Vranjkovic (Maribor), Blaz Mahkovic (Maribor), Nejc Buda (Olimpija Ljubljana), Jure Pelko (Lasko), Simo Atanackovic (Lasko), Luka Dimec (Lasko)
    Davor Barovic (211, 1990) is montenegrin, while Simo Atanackovic (205, 1990) is bosnian serb. Both were naturalized after their 18th birthday, so only one of them will be authorized to play for Slovenia at the U20 EC.

    Slovenian bball is in a deep crisis, their youth teams have never been worse than now. So they have to import more players than previously. Nothing new by the way. In the past, several Slovenian NT players were from other former Yougoslavian states (Jurkovic, Kraljevic, Alibegovic, Golemac, Capin, and many others).

    Slovenian bball federation is currently offering slovenian nationality to several talented players (especially tall ones) in order to make them play for their youth NT : Bojan Radulovic (210, '92), Alen Omic (213 ‘92), Jusuf Nurkic (‘95), Gezim Morina (204 ‘92) and Erjon Kastrati (198, 1994) are among them.

  17. #17
    albiongate
    Guest

    Default

    Nikola Mirotic will play for Spain at the U20 European Championships. Last year, he was very close to represent Serbia. At the time, Ranko Zeravica had even organized a meeting between Mirotic and serbian NT coach Duda Ivkovic.

    http://tubasket.com/noticiaDetail/ve.../croacia/79284

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    21

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by albiongate View Post
    Davor Barovic (211, 1990) is montenegrin, while Simo Atanackovic (205, 1990) is bosnian serb. Both were naturalized after their 18th birthday, so only one of them will be authorized to play for Slovenia at the U20 EC.

    Slovenian bball is in a deep crisis, their youth teams have never been worse than now. So they have to import more players than previously. Nothing new by the way. In the past, several Slovenian NT players were from other former Yougoslavian states (Jurkovic, Kraljevic, Alibegovic, Golemac, Capin, and many others).

    Slovenian bball federation is currently offering slovenian nationality to several talented players (especially tall ones) in order to make them play for their youth NT : Bojan Radulovic (210, '92), Alen Omic (213 ‘92), Jusuf Nurkic (‘95), Gezim Morina (204 ‘92) and Erjon Kastrati (198, 1994) are among them.


    Hi, thanx for info

    I heard that Davor Barovic is not true Slovene, but i never have guts to ask someone familiar in Maribor where is he from

    I don't know if Barovic played last season anywhere, last year he was member of Maribor Branik as junior player (Slovenian federation allowes two players without citizeship to play under selected circumstances in youth categories in every club), the club which in next season probalby will not participate with seniors - two interesting young players Marko Vranjkovic and Urban Gorjanc are already in Helios. I' ve seen Barovic play season before in both junior and senior categories and I have to say I wasn't impressed, but also not dissapointed with him.

    From the other side, Simo Atanackovic with Alen Omic were brought in Slovenia in the club called Kolpa (in Crnomelj) in 2. division. Both were quickly spotted by Lasko and signed there. Year before this season they played 1. slovenian league for juniors and last slovenian league for seniors in second Lasko team. This year both were awarded with presence in first Lasko team......Ales Pipan gave them some reasonable minutes in 1.A. league.

    Kobal, E. Muric, Cebasek, Sarajlija, Buda are all born in 1991. One very interesting player from Slovan Jaka Blazic is injured and will probably skip this championship.

    Edo Muric didn't play whole season, because he didn't want to resign long term contract with Parklji (sport director of that club is first class idiot)...... he was practicing with Krka Novo mesto under Aco Dzikic. Interesting will be in what form is he

  19. #19
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by albiongate View Post
    Nikola Mirotic will play for Spain at the U20 European Championships. Last year, he was very close to represent Serbia. At the time, Ranko Zeravica had even organized a meeting between Mirotic and serbian NT coach Duda Ivkovic.

    http://tubasket.com/noticiaDetail/ve.../croacia/79284
    I just noticed the strange way in which he pronounces most "r"'s, some kind of regionalism or speaking peculiarity?
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  20. #20
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,055
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    I just noticed the strange way in which he pronounces most "r"'s, some kind of regionalism or speaking peculiarity?
    regionalisam....speeks "r" typical for this region

    you can take him out of montenegro but you can't take montenegro out of him
    Romeo Travis @RomeTrav

    I said coach why we practice so much. He said God will bless us after all this hard work. How can I argue with that !
    Romeo Travis about Zadar coach Ante Nazor

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •