San Antonio Spurs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    It will be tough for the Spurs but they can manage. The South Western Division is a tough division, at one point last season, all of them we're at .500 on winning percentage.

It's not gonna be easy for them to win another title. Hopefully they can duplicate their success in late 1990's to mid 2000's. They've almost created a dynasty back then.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by obama2008 View Post
      It's not gonna be easy for them to win another title. Hopefully they can duplicate their success in late 1990's to mid 2000's. They've almost created a dynasty back then.
      Indeed, the main challenges are:

1. Finish the regular season convincingly and secure home-court advantage.

2. Stay Healthy going to the post-season
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Tiago Splitter had only incurred a minor muscle bruise on his left thigh according to the team press based on the medical findings of the MRI.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

San Antonio Spurs 2010-2011 Regular Season Schedule

San Antonio Spurs 2010-2011 Regular Season Schedule
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Spurs Announce 2010-11 Regular Season Schedule

SAN ANTONIO, August 10, 2010 - The San Antonio Spurs today announced their 82-game schedule for the 2010-11 regular season. The Silver and Black will tip-off the regular season at the AT&T Center on Wednesday, Oct. 27 vs. the Indiana Pacers at 7:30 p.m.
            The Spurs home schedule features 25 weekend games; including nine Saturday games and eight Friday and Sunday matchups.
            This season’s schedule is highlighted by a visit from LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and the revamped Miami Heat on Friday, March 4. The two-time defending NBA Champion L.A. Lakers will make two stops in the Alamo City, first on Tuesday, Dec. 28, and again on Sunday, March 6.
            The Silver and Black will get their first look at their two in-state rivals in November. The Houston Rockets make the trip down I-10 on Saturday, Nov. 6, and the Dallas Mavericks will make a Black Friday visit to the AT&T Center on Friday, Nov. 26.
            The month of December boasts 11 home games, the Spurs busiest month at the AT&T Center. San Antonio hosts the Phoenix Suns on Monday, Dec. 20 and on Wednesday, Dec. 22, its Western Conference rival Denver Nuggets make their first appearance this season. The month also features a Sunday, Dec. 26 match-up against No. 1 overall pick John Wall and the Washington Wizards.
            Other highlighted games include a New Year’s Day game vs. Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Mavericks will make their second trip to the AT&T Center on Friday, Jan. 14 and the Rockets are back in town in Saturday, Jan. 29, the Spurs final game before embarking on their annual rodeo road trip.
            The Spurs return home from the rodeo road trip on Wednesday, Feb. 23, to take on Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Shaquille O’Neal makes his AT&T Center debut as a member of the Boston Celtics, when the defending Eastern Conference Champions make their lone stop in the Alamo City on Thursday, March 31. San Antonio closes out its home schedule with a visit from Deron Williams and the Utah Jazz on Saturday, April 9.
            Individual tickets for the first-half of the season will go on sale Sunday, Oct. 3. Season tickets and game plans are on sale now and are the only way to guarantee tickets for games against the Heat, Lakers, Celtics and more. Season tickets and game plans start at $100 and are available by calling (210) 444-5050 or at spurs.com.
            Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

I hope the Spurs do well this year. I always like them as a team. I think everybody wants Splitter to do well and everybody would love to see Duncan and Ginobili continue to play well.
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                I hope the Spurs do well this year. I always like them as a team. I think everybody wants Splitter to do well and everybody would love to see Duncan and Ginobili continue to play well.
                I'd love to see them do well too since I respect the heck out of Duncan, Popovich and their organization as a whole. But if there is one statistic that is telling is that their regular season wins have decreased every year for something like the last 5 years going from 63 wins in 2005-2006 to 50 wins last season. Their pickups are nice- Splitter, Hill, etc. but their core three guys are all injury prone and/or older.
                I think they will be a 6 or 7 seed and will be out in the first round of the playoffs this year.

Comment

According to Eva Longoria, San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker wants to "relocate" to New York. That started a storm but I do not know if Tony and Eva will just be purchasing a house or a suite in New York. She did not make it clear by the way.

Thierry Henry, Tony Parker and Eva Longoria in attendance on the World Basketball Festival game between Team USA and Puerto Rico.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

According to Eva Longoria, San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker wants to "relocate" to New York. That started a storm but I do not know if Tony and Eva will just be purchasing a house or a suite in New York. She did not make it clear by the way.

Thierry Henry, Tony Parker and Eva Longoria in attendance on the World Basketball Festival game between Team USA and Puerto Rico.

What a lovely couple!

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

It seems the San Antonio Spurs are considering Danny Ferry for an administrative position within the Spurs organization.

Ferry won a championship with the Spurs on 2003 before departing for Cleveland to be the Cavalier's eventual GM.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Danny Ferry will be the next San Antonio Spurs Vice President of Basketball Operations after his predecessor, Dell Demps vacated the post for a General Manager position with the New Orleans Hornets.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

The San Antonio Spurs have been working out guard Thomas Gardner and Cleveland Cavaliers restricted free agent Jawad Williams.

If the San Antonio Spurs decide to invite Williams to training camp; they will have to make an offer sheet to the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Cavaliers to respond by matching it with a contract sheet.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

The San Antonio Spurs have been working out guard Thomas Gardner and Cleveland Cavaliers restricted free agent Jawad Williams.

If the San Antonio Spurs decide to invite Williams to training camp; they will have to make an offer sheet to the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Cavaliers to respond by matching it with a contract sheet.
                            When will the camp start?

Am so excited about Tiago..
                            Last edited by mvblair; 09-01-2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mab View Post

I will be happy to see Tiago finally make his debut as well. However, I truly think we will see the Spurs fall from grace this year. Splitter isn't talented enough to put them over the top, not with all of the injury issues for their main 3.
                              Plus, Splitter, like most players will likely take a season to acclimate himself to the NBA rules and its details

Comment

Originally posted by mab View Post

Training camp will start late in September for some teams or within the early weeks of October for some teams again.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information