No announcement yet.

France national team 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France looks great on paper, lots of solutions to every position. I wonder what it takes for them to be a serious medal candidate.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
      France looks great on paper, lots of solutions to every position. I wonder what it takes for them to be a serious medal candidate.
      Yes, their forward position is incredible. I love Tony Parker, but I'm not crazy about any of the other playmakers. Even without Noah, they've got some great centers, too.

But, like Rik said, the question is whether or not they can be effective on the court, much like Team USA.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post

That list looks fairly solid indeed. Where is Diawara?

Comment

@ Wu-Tang: Defense?
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Final 12 Roster, No?

Turiaf - Noah - Petro
            Diaw - F. Pietrus
            Batum - M. Pietrus
            De Colo - Beaubois
            Parker - Diot - Jeanneau

Comment

Originally posted by Wu-Tang View Post
              That list looks fairly solid indeed. Where is Diawara?
              Apparently, the staff didn't bother to call him because he ditched the team last year.

Comment

I see France pre squad very solid, lots of good talent there. I wonder if the coaching staff is good enough to take France to the medal contention.

Comment

So far, it's more a wish list than anything else as far as the NBAers are concerned.
                  Out of the 10 NBAers of the preselection, only Diaw and Batum have confirmed they would be able to come so far.

I think most want to go (bar maybe Petro who whined last year because he was kicked out of the team just before the european championship), but they will have to negotiate with their franchise.
                  Also, Parker is really confusing. One time he wants to go, the other he wants to take a break and thinks about what to do ... (meaning he doesn't want to go, but doesn't have the guts to say it straight)

Comment

He more than likely wants to play for the nt, that's something i won't deny him. The point being that he prolly wants to know what the spurs intend to do with him 1st. And he perfectly knows that claiming he will play with the NT considering his season (ankle injuries, knowing he re injured his ankle with the NT last year) would hurt his chance to get an extension with the spurs (gino accepted not to play for Argentina once he had his extension..)

Anyway we should not care so much about parker, we do have solutions (combo guards + pg's even if most are young). The most important by far is noah imo. Since we can't get moiso, he would be our only 'intimidator' in the paint (unless we can send petro a few weeks in partizan so that he understands what a center is supposed to bring)

Comment

FRA – Parker to meet with Spurs to discuss Turkey

SAN ANTONIO (FIBA World Championship) – France point guard Tony Parker will have a good idea of what his summer will be like once he has met with his San Antonio Spurs bosses this week.

Parker had believed he’d be getting ready for an NBA Western Conference finals showdown with the Los Angeles Lakers right now but instead, his season is over following the Phoenix Suns’ 4-0 sweep of the Spurs in the semi-finals.

“The national team will catch up with me quickly since the Spurs staff wants to meet me soon to talk about this summer,” he said on his official website, tp9.net.

“We’ll know more this week. I don’t know what the Spurs want to do. So I can’t tell what’s going to happen.”

France will be hoping to have Parker, one of their star guards, for the FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

A host of other outstanding French talents are champing at the bit to make a dream first appearance at the FIBA World Championship, including Dallas Mavericks rookie Rodrigue Beaubois, Power Electronics Valencia’s Nando De Colo and Le Mans’ Antoine Diot.

De Colo and Diot were excellent at last year’s EuroBasket in Poland and helped France book a place in Turkey.

Parker missed a lot of games this year with San Antonio because of injuries but he returned to fitness and played well late in the campaign and in the post-season.

“It has been a complicated season,” Parker said on his website, tp9.net.

“But I have to put things into perspective since I have had the chance to be successful since I arrived at the Spurs.

“I remain positive and will work hard to come back stronger next year.

“I’m going to take some rest in San Antonio. I need to cut (the load) to get back on my feet.

“We’ll go on vacation at the end of June and right after that, I’ll go to my summer camp in Fécamp.”

France will take on Spain, Lithuania, New Zealand, Canada and Lebanon in Group D Preliminary Round games.
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Wu-Tang View Post
                        Where is Diawara?
                        Not called, for different reasons: Like Aegis said, he turned out the invite last year. You can ad the fact he's not been playing for the pas year. And that we are loaded now at SF/SG position.

Well, for the moment, the ideal team would be something like that:

PG Tony Parker, Antoine Diot: Obvious reasons for first one, plus he added recently he would come finally. Diot is the choice for the future, and was good last year. If any PG needed then, the eternal back up is Aymeric Janneau, or Bokolo.

SG Nicolas Batum, Nando De Colo, Rodrigue Beaubois: Batum is not really a SG, but played at this place last summer, and was OK. He is quick enough to play there. De Colo and Beaubois are combos, and they both came out off some great seasons respectively. Batum had green light from McMillan, De Colo, will come, Beaubois's case seems going the right way. Yannick Bokolo seems the 4th option, or Edwin Jackson could be a great pick. I'd prefer Jackson personnally.

SF Mike Pietrus, Mike Gelabale: Pietrus has improved a lot, and is a great defensive player. Let's hope he could shoot better than 20% this time. Gelabale could make his come back as a top player, and show he is still on the map. Both Diaw or Batum could have some minutes ate the 3 too. Mike sad he wants to come, Gelabale after his season with Cholet will come.

PF Boris Diaw, Flo Pietrus: Well, not much to ad to those guys names in NT. Both will be there. The only serious option there is Moerman.

C Jooks Noah, Ronny Turiaf, Ali Traore: Well, it could be tall enough to survive in the paint. I'd question more the place of Turiaf after a difficult season with Golden State, but Petro and Ajinca? They are not ready yet to plya top level FIBA ball. Traore is a no brainer. He is one of the most efficient natural scorer at his place, and can fuel the offense any time any where(remember France-Latvia one year ago). We have behind them lots of potential pack ups, considering who would come or not. Back ups should be Mahinmi, like last year, and why not try to introduce Ludo Vaty at this level?
                        It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Parker "officially" out for the world championship in Turkey. Prolly the counterpart asked by the Spurs if he wants to remain in the team (and sign an extension)

Beaubois seemed optimistic about geting the approval from dallas on the other hand. He 's supposed to see them early june, we should be fixed by then.

Comment

Great

When the official news about Diaw, Noah and Turiaf (whom all I want to be at the NT) will be known?
                            My Youtube channel

Comment

I'd hope we shall be fixed before players are going to holidays. Noah is the biggest issue, hopefully we won't have another ping pong game from GM, owner and the player.

Comment

PARIS (AP)—Tony Parker(notes) says he won’t play at the world championship for France this summer, and will stay in the U.S. to prepare for next season with the San Antonio Spurs.

The 27-year-old point guard said on his website Thursday that the Spurs made it clear he should “only focus on the club.”

“This means that from the month of August, I will work in Los Angeles to prepare for next season,” Parker said. “They want to see me at my best during the recovery. For them, it is impossible that I play with the France team after all my health concerns this year.”

The world championship is Aug. 28-Sept. 12 in Turkey.

“My wish is to achieve a great season with San Antonio,” Parker said. “I have no desire to leave. My heart is here.

Parker, who has one year left on his contract, helped the Spurs win NBA titles in 2003, 2005 and 2007.

Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information