Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Serbia can dominate European basketball once again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The job of the Serbian coaches is really remarkable. Getting silver with such a young team!

Serbia has the potential to be a top a top 3 team in the world over a long horizon. Their system of producing players, their coaching consistent mentality, all these quarantee the future.

Spain also seems to be working very well, has a good basketball economy, and has amazing defensive systems. USA will always be a global leader for all the reasons we know.

I dont see a reason why Serbia cannot dominate all the rest and fight with USA and Spain for world titles.

Comment

I think Serbia did extremely well with its team selection and I doubt that the team would have reached the final if their stars were there. I'm not even talking about about proven locker room cancers like Jaric, Radmanovic or ranting Darko. Would Teodosic or Velickovic have been allowed to take important shots with Rakocevic, Stojakovic or Vujanic around? Doubtful IMO.
      I like the current team very much. The have good offensive talent, defensive minded players like Markovic and Paunic and obviously good chemistry. When players like Tepic continue to play aggressive defense and eventually pick up their 5th foul, it shows that they have confidence in their teammates and are willing to sacrifice their egos for the greater good. The guys on the team also still have lots of upside (I REALLY like Bjelica), so stick to them. I'm sure it will pay off and make Serbia a medal contender every given time.
      Only Boris can judge me.

Comment

Gasol playing

Originally posted by Tutankamon View Post
        Gasol will lay in 2010 he just to say it! i read it , he will try to go there!
        And dont forget WC 2014 is in spain and it is as Olimpics games, the host country will do all for to have a medal team , son dont kill us so easy still , half team is so yong still and others are coming ! all coachs are changing year by year a old for a young for dont stop the cicle
        Do you really think that Gasol will play for Spain until 2014 world championship. I don't think so. He's been playing on all tournaments since 2001 (not in 2005 EC), but he will be under a lot of pressure from his NBA team not to play. He might come back to team for 2014, but he will most definitely skip a EURO 2011 and 2013, maybe even olympics 2012. Spain should, as a smart basketball nation start preparations for "post Pau Gasol" national team. They have a lot of talent and I am sure that they will be a contender for medals with or without him.

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
          2014 Pau will have 34 years,do u think he will still play for NT ? Especially at this level ? Spain without Gasol ? Not much really.
          Spain without Gasol beated a Serbia&Montenegro with Bodiroga, Milicic, Krstic, Rakocevic... Spain without Gasol won the final of the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Useless View Post
            Spain without Gasol beated a Serbia&Montenegro with Bodiroga, Milicic, Krstic, Rakocevic... Spain without Gasol won the final of the WC.
            U meen this :
            http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com...316-D-2-1.html ?

That SCG team had serious relationship problems between players.Besides we did beat u after that game.Take a look at the results of the first day of this EC.Spain almost lost to G.Britain in Poland.U could have ended EC in very early stage if they had a little bit better team.
            Originally posted by Stardusted
            It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

No. There are too many good teams and too many good players in Europe. Serbia winning a gold in 2001 EuroBasket and a gold in 2002 World Championship, Spain winning a gold in 2006 World Championship and 2009 EuroBasket and Greece winning a gold in 2005 EuroBasket and a silver in 2006 World Championship - is IMO about as close to "domination" as anyone will get in European basketball. There are just too many good teams and players for one team to "dominate".
              Last edited by FIBA Europe Basket; 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milic17 View Post
                U/16 FIBA EUROPE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Performances by nation

Gold Silver Bronze Total
                1 Serbia 10 1 5 16
                2 Russia 3 4 5 12
                3 Spain 2 6 4 12
                4 Greece 2 3 3 8
                5 Turkey 2 1 3 6
                6 Italy 1 4 2 7
                7 Lithuania 1 1 1 3
                8 France 1 1 0 2
                9 Croatia 1 0 0 1
                10 Czech Republic 0 1 0 1
                11 Germany 0 0 2 2
                12 Israel 0 0 1 1

Five Golds since 1997 they won four in a row

FIBA U/18

Gold Silver Bronze Total
                1 Serbia 9 4 3 16
                1 Soviet U 8 3 1 12
                3 France 3 3 1 7
                5 Croatia 2 3 1 6
                6 Spain 2 1 4 7
                7 Italy 1 4 7 12
                8 Greece 1 2 3 6
                9 Lithuania 1 2 0 3
                10 Turkey 0 2 1 3
                11 Bulgaria 0 0 3 3
                12 Czechoslovakia 0 0 1 1

3 Golds since 2005

FIBA U/20

Gold Silver Bronze Total
                1 Serbia 4 0 2 6
                2 Slovenia 2 1 1 4
                3 Greece 2 1 0 3
                4 Lithuania 1 2 1 4
                5 Italy 1 1 1 3
                6 Russia 1 0 0 1
                7 Belarus 1 0 0 1
                8 Spain 0 3 4 7
                9 Israel 0 2 0 2
                10 France 0 1 2 3
                11 Turkey 0 1 1 2

All four golds Serbia won since 1996

it's hard to tell by that because things change from this ages.
                for example lets take Israel, we won 2 silver medals in the U20 eurobaskets in 2000 and 2004 which means this generation should be on the top of the european basketball or at least quarter finals right? well as i said things change so it's hard to tell by that but anyway, serbia can dominate european basketball because the do anything right with their younger players.

Comment

Maybe in a couple of years but we are already top European team
                  UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AirBall View Post
                    We just need Milicic(with normal head)
                    We were praying more that one time for the same reason with Fran "Nanny" Vazquez before we´ve realized that "things that aren´t and aren´t possible, never will be"

So, take it away from your mind, it´s only a piece of advice

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
                      U meen this :
                      http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com...316-D-2-1.html ?

That SCG team had serious relationship problems between players.Besides we did beat u after that game.Take a look at the results of the first day of this EC.Spain almost lost to G.Britain in Poland.U could have ended EC in very early stage if they had a little bit better team.
                      I know Serbia won Spain in the first game in this EC I meant that from 2002-2009 your NT hasnt even been close to beat Spain.
                      Who´s the european champion now? thats all matter and the rest are just tales.

Comment

We have

been close to beating u a couple of times. Take a look at the scores.Our NT fell apart after 2002.We r just coming together now. As for your WC gold u didnt play team USA in the finals (Did u thank the Greeks ?),EASILY could have lost to Argentina in the semis (74-75) (i cheered for u actually then ).So u weren't that dominating then,and on top of all u could have droped out of this EC too (GB leading 4 minutes to go).I wouldn't count on Spain basketball dominance if i were u.When u win the Olympics or the WC over USA then talk to me.

Take a look at this:

and this:

Comment

Originally Posted by mark123
                          2014 Pau will have 34 years,do u think he will still play for NT ? Especially at this level ? Spain without Gasol ? Not much really.
                          It's far too soon to say "not much really" about Spain in 2014 if Gasol doesn't play. That's 5 years away. Imagine 5 years ago if one were to say, "Serbia without Jaric, Rakocevic, Radmanovic, Pavlovic, and Milicic in 2009? Not much really." At the time that would've sounded perfectly logical, as an entire starting 5's worth could have deemed ineligible for play in the future. But plug those holes with Tepic, Velickovic, Krstic, Tripkovic and Teodosic and all of the sudden you're not missing these guys as much as you thought you would 5 years ago. Spain is Spain, and Gasol or no Gasol, they'll be formidable. There's a slew of 16 and 17-year-olds that have no idea they'll be playing for the Spanish NT in 5 years.
                          Euroleague Adventures

The Dotted Line Up: Ranking all the Euroleague Free Agents

Subscribe to the podcast for free on iTunes and follow ELA on Twitter: Euro_Adventures

Comment

Together with SFRJ and SCG we have won:
                            33 medals on all championships:EC,WC,Olympics.

5 WC titles ; 2 more then US

Spain:
                            12 medals overall

Comment

The main point is that we are waiting on more talented players to grow up...Musli, Miljenovic and Djekic are even bigger prospects than those guys which have finished on 2nd place yesterday...

Actually we are fighting against time...
                              https://twitter.com/AirAvangarda

Comment

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...-09E035005395}

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information