Women's Basketball team vs Men's basketball team in Phils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonarSabilano View Post
    You must make this clear, dreamwalker. Did you give or did you receive?
    LOL, I was the beneficiary of those elbow hits and you have to believe me that I acted like a perfect gentleman all game throughout. Even got caught with a wayward elbow that left a small scar under my left eye and still visible until today. I had a very vivid memory of those soft delicate hands touching my face while pretending to be in great terrible pain.....you know.....hehehe

Some of them were really very CUTE though and ingliseras (english speakers)......

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post
      I wonder if 6-foot-3 Chinese Zheng Xiaojing, a Fujian native could make it to the Chennai tournament as there is no word yet if she already acquired Filipino Citizenship through naturalization?

Haydee Ong discovered Zheng in China during one of the training camps for the women's squad in 2004.
      Sir Nardy, so it's also feasible to naturalize a chinese 7-footer guy rather than a european or an african, anything is possible right ?

And does the chinese basketball federation have a hold on its local players and can demand compensation from the recruiting/hiring foreign ballclub for his/her release papers ?

Comment

Originally posted by bolabasket View Post
        the DLSU Lady Archers with new recruit 6'6 Fretzie Oyao

We need to find her a much taller boyfriend....

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwalker View Post
          We need to find her a much taller boyfriend....
          how about JunMar Fajardo? Hehehe
          LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
          Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
          THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

LOL, I was the beneficiary of those elbow hits and you have to believe me that I acted like a perfect gentleman all game throughout. Even got caught with a wayward elbow that left a small scar under my left eye and still visible until today. I had a very vivid memory of those soft delicate hands touching my face while pretending to be in great terrible pain.....you know.....hehehe

Some of them were really very CUTE though and ingliseras (english speakers)......
            so were there penetrations? in the game that is.
            You've got to have it to win it

Comment

Originally posted by alien space bats
              so women do play against men in basketball. It's still possible then for my dream to happen- The Powerade Team versus the Best WNBA players. It's just a matter of will of the PBA to make this "first" happen. This will certainly put PBA in the world basketball map.
              this is not to put down our PBA players but what I think is that if we play the weaker WNBA teams, the Powerade team would beat them but if you are talking about the Best WNBA players or even the USA Women's Olympics Team, sorry to say our boys would get beat. The premier WNBA players do not play like ordinary girls.

But it would be nice to see Asi Taulava banging bodies with Cheryl Ford. Just make sure daddy Karl Malone does not watch the game as Asi might get intimidated with just a look in the eye by the Mailman as if saying don't you dare lay a finger on my baby girl. Hahaha

But going back to being serious, if it is going to be an ordinary PBA team, for publicity purposes I have no problem as it could be a great marketing ploy. But if you ask me if it's going to be the Powerade or a PBA All-star team, it might be a bad idea as it could ruin the image of the PBA or even the image of Philippine Basketball. It is because such teams like the Powerade National team or a PBA All-star team are supposed to be the best Filipino players .... if they beat the WNBA players, we could expect the usual reaction "what do you expect, they're girls" but if the best Filipino players got beat by these women, the Philippines could be the laughing stock all over. This is not good when our national basketball team is trying to regain respect internationally.
              Last edited by nardy; 09-10-2009, 01:09 AM.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Sir Nardy, so it's also feasible to naturalize a chinese 7-footer guy rather than a european or an african, anything is possible right ?

And does the chinese basketball federation have a hold on its local players and can demand compensation from the recruiting/hiring foreign ballclub for his/her release papers ?
                it is within FIBA rules that a team or basketball federation that developed a young player could demand for compensation if the player transfer teams more so to transfer countries. So if the team that nurtured that player asks to be paid and the team where the player is transfering does refuse to comply, the affected Basketball Federation would not give out the player's release papers.

It could be just like the deals they had with Yao Ming and the other Chinese NBA players, it is stipulated in the player's contract that the NBA team is to give a certain percentage (I think it's between 5 to 10%) of the player's salary to the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA).

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alien space bats
                  point taken.

still, it would have been a blast though- if you're cheering for the wnba like me!
                  How about a dunking exhibition between Candace Parker and Japeth Aguilar?
                  Or a one-on-one game between them. Hahaha Aside from being so talented, I find Candace one of the better looking players in the WNBA If a such a thing happens can't wait and also see how long a thread on that would become, it would also be a great exchange between Japeth believers vs detractors hehehe

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                  THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

OT:

It's gonna be a special day for Nardy on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post
                      How about a dunking exhibition between Candace Parker and Japeth Aguilar?
                      Or a one-on-one game between them. Hahaha Aside from being so talented, I find Candace one of the better looking players in the WNBA If a such a thing happens can't wait and also see how long a thread on that would become, it would also be a great exchange between Japeth believers vs detractors hehehe
                      Britney Griner trumps everyone.
                      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                        OT:

thanks bro

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano View Post
                          Britney Griner trumps everyone.

you are right this incoming Baylor University freshman is good !!!!

But Candace ...........

looks good after a shot

look good after a game

looks good when not playing

looks good when she's pregnant

looks good when she's even down

hehehe .... sorry na over ako.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                          THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

the pba selection will most certainly win. i have no professed bias against women but there's no way in hell that a wnba selection can win against a pba squad. i dismiss the assumptions of some posters here about a wnba team beating a pba team as downright stupid and unpatriotic.

Comment

Originally posted by brad pitt View Post
                              the pba selection will most certainly win. i have no professed bias against women but there's no way in hell that a wnba selection can win against a pba squad. i dismiss the assumptions of some posters here about a wnba team beating a pba team as downright stupid and unpatriotic.
                              it is not stupid or unpatriotic. Don't you know that the US Olympic Women's Team when they prepare they play teams from the CBA and USBL and on occassions beat them. I am just being realistic. With the way our PBA teams prepare it is not impossible. As I said the best of WNBA actually does not play like girls that we are used to because they had evolved. They might not beat a mens team with regularity but if the question is if they can do it, yes it is possible. And you have to remember those WNBA players are actually the best women's players in the whole world who have the benefit of getting the best training possible.

It's just like the old notion that it is impossible for a non-PBA teams to beat a PBA team. But look now at the M.Lhuillier-Cebu Niños.

what is unpatriotic is if ever a PBA team does lose to a WNBA team then you abandon the PBA team just because they lost to women.
                              Last edited by nardy; 09-10-2009, 07:23 AM.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                                OT:

is it your bday? happy bday sir nardy!

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information