Women's Basketball team vs Men's basketball team in Phils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Basketball team vs Men's basketball team in Phils

Has there been any instances when a women's basketball team in the philippines went head to head (no pun intended) with a men's basketball team? This has already been done in volleyball. But what about basketball?
    i tried searching the net but it seems that this is such a novel idea that i ended up empty-handed.

Originally posted by alien space bats View Post
    Has there been any instances when a women's basketball team in the philippines went head to head (no pun intended) with a men's basketball team? This has already been done in volleyball. But what about basketball?
    i tried searching the net but it seems that this is such a novel idea that i ended up empty-handed.
    Men vs women goin head to head? is that even posible?
    You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

Comment

I think our Women's NT trains against Highschool basketball teams of the UAAP Jrs.
      Last edited by b3lowzro; 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM.
      you know why I am happy

Comment

When I was a college freshman, we'd play in the covered courts every Monday. There was this one time, when we played against the Ateneo women's team. Cassie Tioseco, Erika Dy, and Carolyn Tan-Chi were not yet enrolled then, and they were coming off consecutive losing seasons. They were really tough customers, though. A lot of body banging. We won with the help of hot three-point shooting from a classmate who was a former LSGH shooting guard.
        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

WTF is this???!!!!

I'm coaching the girl's team in our College 1st year department right now..... they act like..... GIRLS.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cammomile View Post
            yes it is..as some people mentioned, our women's national team (led by cassie tioseco) played against some high school teams as part of their preparation as they don't have much competition against women teams here in the phils...

those were exhibitions matches...of course, men vs women in a competitive match is nearly impossible...

gays (still men) vs lesbians (still women), i have seen in some fiestas hehe..

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
              WTF is this???!!!!

I'm coaching the girl's team in our College 1st year department right now..... they act like..... GIRLS.....
              Well, they're suppose to act like girls, do they not ? Do a quick research on South African teenage sensation, Caster Semenya. You'll probably get the right answers.

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano View Post
                When I was a college freshman, we'd play in the covered courts every Monday. There was this one time, when we played against the Ateneo women's team. Cassie Tioseco, Erika Dy, and Carolyn Tan-Chi were not yet enrolled then, and they were coming off consecutive losing seasons. They were really tough customers, though. A lot of body banging. We won with the help of hot three-point shooting from a classmate who was a former LSGH shooting guard.
                I had the pleasure of playing with our women's national team of not so long ago while still in Brent (IS) upper school. Before the game, we were asked by their trainer to treat them as delicately as possible and avoid too much physical contacts that may harm them. Can't remember the players though but they also played against other secondary schools from the City of Pines, namely, University of Baguio and SLU Boys High.

And quite true, they were tough customers and I had a couple of elbow hits at the rib section that made me smile......

Comment

Is this going to be a mud wrestling event? the Men's versus the women's team?
                  "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwalker View Post
                    I had the pleasure of playing with our women's national team of not so long ago while still in Brent (IS) upper school. Before the game, we were asked by their trainer to treat them as delicately as possible and avoid too much physical contacts that may harm them. Can't remember the players though but they also played against other secondary schools from the City of Pines, namely, University of Baguio and SLU Boys High.

And quite true, they were tough customers and I had a couple of elbow hits at the rib section that made me smile......
                    You must make this clear, dreamwalker. Did you give or did you receive?
                    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

the DLSU Lady Archers with new recruit 6'6 Fretzie Oyao

SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

^^^

wow! 6'6"!!! i hope fretzie gets the right training. and with a naturalized player (from china right?), a couple of fil-ams, our women's team can become SEA champs, and may even become competitive in the asian level.
                        Dead Lizard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cammomile View Post
                          head to head?

what will happen in the low post?

hmmm
                          You've got to have it to win it

Comment

Actually just this summer in the 15th Fr. Martin Summer Basketball Cup the Philippine National women’s team were bracketed in Group B of the high school class as guest teams.

FMC Summer junior division is not only for High School students because the tournament allows players who are under 19 years of age to participate even if they are College students already.

Others in the Group RP Women's Team of Coach Haydee Ong competed in the junior division of the FMC as part of their summer workout regimen were the teams of Letran, Perpetual Help, FEU FERN, Ateneo De Manila, Montessori De Naga, St Jude Catholic School and San Beda Alabang.

I could only get the results of three of their games:
                            1) University of Perpetual Help System Dalta defeated guest team RP Women’s, 77-33.

2) RP women’s team downed St. Jude, 61-51.

3) FEU FERN hacked out a 73-57 victory over the he RP Women's Team.

And they did not qualify for the quarter-finals.

The Fr Martin's participation is in preparation for the 23rd FIBA-Asia Women's Championship scheduled Sept 17 to 24 this year at Chennai, India where they'll play at Level II against the teams of Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan. The top two from Level II will play off against the bottom two of Level I in an attempt to earn promotion for a place in next edition’s Level I.

The RP Discovery Women's National Team with Mayor Jejomar Binay.
                            To Binay's right is Haydee Ong, Head Coach and to his left is Cynthia Tiu,
                            Team Manager.
                            Last edited by nardy; 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM.
                            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

I wonder if 6-foot-3 Chinese Zheng Xiaojing, a Fujian native could make it to the Chennai tournament as there is no word yet if she already acquired Filipino Citizenship through naturalization?

Haydee Ong discovered Zheng in China during one of the training camps for the women's squad in 2004.
                              LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                              Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information