Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Women's Basketball team vs Men's basketball team in Phils

  1. #1

    Default Women's Basketball team vs Men's basketball team in Phils

    Has there been any instances when a women's basketball team in the philippines went head to head (no pun intended) with a men's basketball team? This has already been done in volleyball. But what about basketball?
    i tried searching the net but it seems that this is such a novel idea that i ended up empty-handed.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alien space bats View Post
    Has there been any instances when a women's basketball team in the philippines went head to head (no pun intended) with a men's basketball team? This has already been done in volleyball. But what about basketball?
    i tried searching the net but it seems that this is such a novel idea that i ended up empty-handed.
    Men vs women goin head to head? is that even posible?
    He is the FUTURE of Philippine Basketball.

    JAPETH AGUILAR
    6'10 PF/SF.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUCGC3AQsfo

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    I think our Women's NT trains against Highschool basketball teams of the UAAP Jrs.
    Last edited by b3lowzro; 09-04-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    you know why I am happy

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    4,853

    Default

    When I was a college freshman, we'd play in the covered courts every Monday. There was this one time, when we played against the Ateneo women's team. Cassie Tioseco, Erika Dy, and Carolyn Tan-Chi were not yet enrolled then, and they were coming off consecutive losing seasons. They were really tough customers, though. A lot of body banging. We won with the help of hot three-point shooting from a classmate who was a former LSGH shooting guard.
    Believe!



    Emman Monfort says you may kiss his PBA draftee's ass

  5. #5
    Senior Member kaiziken_pinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,071
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    WTF is this???!!!!

    I'm coaching the girl's team in our College 1st year department right now..... they act like..... GIRLS.....

    Like us on Facebook! The Interbasket Philippines-run Basketball Facebook page!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cammomile View Post
    Men vs women goin head to head? is that even posible?
    yes it is..as some people mentioned, our women's national team (led by cassie tioseco) played against some high school teams as part of their preparation as they don't have much competition against women teams here in the phils...

    those were exhibitions matches...of course, men vs women in a competitive match is nearly impossible...

    gays (still men) vs lesbians (still women), i have seen in some fiestas hehe..

  7. #7
    Senior Member dreamwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
    WTF is this???!!!!

    I'm coaching the girl's team in our College 1st year department right now..... they act like..... GIRLS.....
    Well, they're suppose to act like girls, do they not ? Do a quick research on South African teenage sensation, Caster Semenya. You'll probably get the right answers.

  8. #8
    Senior Member dreamwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonarSabilano View Post
    When I was a college freshman, we'd play in the covered courts every Monday. There was this one time, when we played against the Ateneo women's team. Cassie Tioseco, Erika Dy, and Carolyn Tan-Chi were not yet enrolled then, and they were coming off consecutive losing seasons. They were really tough customers, though. A lot of body banging. We won with the help of hot three-point shooting from a classmate who was a former LSGH shooting guard.
    I had the pleasure of playing with our women's national team of not so long ago while still in Brent (IS) upper school. Before the game, we were asked by their trainer to treat them as delicately as possible and avoid too much physical contacts that may harm them. Can't remember the players though but they also played against other secondary schools from the City of Pines, namely, University of Baguio and SLU Boys High.

    And quite true, they were tough customers and I had a couple of elbow hits at the rib section that made me smile......

  9. #9
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    5,129

    Default

    Is this going to be a mud wrestling event? the Men's versus the women's team?
    "Failing to Prepare is Preparing to Fail"

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    4,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    I had the pleasure of playing with our women's national team of not so long ago while still in Brent (IS) upper school. Before the game, we were asked by their trainer to treat them as delicately as possible and avoid too much physical contacts that may harm them. Can't remember the players though but they also played against other secondary schools from the City of Pines, namely, University of Baguio and SLU Boys High.

    And quite true, they were tough customers and I had a couple of elbow hits at the rib section that made me smile......
    You must make this clear, dreamwalker. Did you give or did you receive?
    Believe!



    Emman Monfort says you may kiss his PBA draftee's ass

  11. #11
    Senior Member bolabasket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    the DLSU Lady Archers with new recruit 6'6 Fretzie Oyao

    SMART GILAS: all the way

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    forum heaven
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    ^^^

    wow! 6'6"!!! i hope fretzie gets the right training. and with a naturalized player (from china right?), a couple of fil-ams, our women's team can become SEA champs, and may even become competitive in the asian level.
    If you see a short, chinoy guy with an abacus, crying in a corner, that must be one of our senior forum members trying to figure out the fiba ranking points system. LOL



  13. #13
    Senior Member bognut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    tribu88
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cammomile View Post
    Men vs women goin head to head? is that even posible?
    head to head?

    what will happen in the low post?

    hmmm
    You've got to have it to win it

  14. #14
    Senior Member nardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17,265

    Default

    Actually just this summer in the 15th Fr. Martin Summer Basketball Cup the Philippine National women’s team were bracketed in Group B of the high school class as guest teams.

    FMC Summer junior division is not only for High School students because the tournament allows players who are under 19 years of age to participate even if they are College students already.

    Others in the Group RP Women's Team of Coach Haydee Ong competed in the junior division of the FMC as part of their summer workout regimen were the teams of Letran, Perpetual Help, FEU FERN, Ateneo De Manila, Montessori De Naga, St Jude Catholic School and San Beda Alabang.

    I could only get the results of three of their games:

    1) University of Perpetual Help System Dalta defeated guest team RP Women’s, 77-33.

    2) RP women’s team downed St. Jude, 61-51.

    3) FEU FERN hacked out a 73-57 victory over the he RP Women's Team.

    And they did not qualify for the quarter-finals.

    The Fr Martin's participation is in preparation for the 23rd FIBA-Asia Women's Championship scheduled Sept 17 to 24 this year at Chennai, India where they'll play at Level II against the teams of Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan. The top two from Level II will play off against the bottom two of Level I in an attempt to earn promotion for a place in next edition’s Level I.


    The RP Discovery Women's National Team with Mayor Jejomar Binay.
    To Binay's right is Haydee Ong, Head Coach and to his left is Cynthia Tiu,
    Team Manager.
    Last edited by nardy; 09-09-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!


    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!


  15. #15
    Senior Member nardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17,265

    Default

    I wonder if 6-foot-3 Chinese Zheng Xiaojing, a Fujian native could make it to the Chennai tournament as there is no word yet if she already acquired Filipino Citizenship through naturalization?

    Haydee Ong discovered Zheng in China during one of the training camps for the women's squad in 2004.
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!


    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!


  16. #16
    Senior Member dreamwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonarSabilano View Post
    You must make this clear, dreamwalker. Did you give or did you receive?
    LOL, I was the beneficiary of those elbow hits and you have to believe me that I acted like a perfect gentleman all game throughout. Even got caught with a wayward elbow that left a small scar under my left eye and still visible until today. I had a very vivid memory of those soft delicate hands touching my face while pretending to be in great terrible pain.....you know.....hehehe

    Some of them were really very CUTE though and ingliseras (english speakers)......

  17. #17
    Senior Member dreamwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nardy View Post
    I wonder if 6-foot-3 Chinese Zheng Xiaojing, a Fujian native could make it to the Chennai tournament as there is no word yet if she already acquired Filipino Citizenship through naturalization?

    Haydee Ong discovered Zheng in China during one of the training camps for the women's squad in 2004.
    Sir Nardy, so it's also feasible to naturalize a chinese 7-footer guy rather than a european or an african, anything is possible right ?

    And does the chinese basketball federation have a hold on its local players and can demand compensation from the recruiting/hiring foreign ballclub for his/her release papers ?

  18. #18
    Senior Member dreamwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolabasket View Post
    the DLSU Lady Archers with new recruit 6'6 Fretzie Oyao

    We need to find her a much taller boyfriend....

  19. #19
    Senior Member nardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    We need to find her a much taller boyfriend....
    how about JunMar Fajardo? Hehehe
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!


    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!


  20. #20
    Senior Member bognut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    tribu88
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    LOL, I was the beneficiary of those elbow hits and you have to believe me that I acted like a perfect gentleman all game throughout. Even got caught with a wayward elbow that left a small scar under my left eye and still visible until today. I had a very vivid memory of those soft delicate hands touching my face while pretending to be in great terrible pain.....you know.....hehehe

    Some of them were really very CUTE though and ingliseras (english speakers)......
    so were there penetrations? in the game that is.
    You've got to have it to win it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •