This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to WATCH EUROBASKET "legally" online

I remember that in previous tournaments you could buy the right to watch via Internet a specific match (or even the whole tournament), through the official site of the games.

But I was unable to find anything of the sort on eurobasket2009.org

I would gladly pay for the ability to watch the games - not only is it morally right, but it offers far superior image & sound quality

EDIT:
    I think the quotes in the title ("legally") are totally misplaced
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Originally posted by Gyroscope View Post
    I remember that in previous tournaments you could buy the right to watch via Internet a specific match (or even the whole tournament), through the official site of the games.

But I was unable to find anything of the sort on eurobasket2009.org

I would gladly pay for the ability to watch the games - not only is it morally right, but it offers far superior image & sound quality

EDIT:
    I think the quotes in the title ("legally") are totally misplaced
    fibatv.com
    I have paid around 30 British pounds for a year’s subscription (inclusive of all other fiba events)

Edit
    30 Euros
    But check this page if your country is eligible for live feed
    Looking for a place to stay when visiting your favorite basketball games? Check out the list of top basketball arenas and nearby hotels recommended by FIBA.TV.

Plus you get an archive of all games to watch any time you want afterwards
    Live and Video on Demand Coverage
    2009/2011 FIBA EuroBasket Championships (Men)
    No live or delayed streaming of any kind:
    Japan
    USA
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Israel
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Norway
    Poland
    Russia
    Sweden
    Turkey
    Pan-Arab Region

so no luck for you,i am affraid
    Last edited by auris1; 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
      so no luck for you,i am affraid
      Dear God...It's funny how you WANT to pay them and they don't let you

*whistles nonchalantly and has other plans in mind*

"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
        fibatv.com
        I have paid around 30 British pounds for a year’s subscription (inclusive of all other fiba events)
        I did the same, by mistake though..
        but it turned out to be my best investment this year..
        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

How do you pay by mistake?
          What did you think when they asked for your Visa number?

In Israel all the issue of sport broadcast rights is very annoying. From time to time another sport channel is established and starts to buy rights for some of the sport events that where supposed to be at the previous one (and of course they are not free). And the most annoying part is that they make TV-channel suppliers to block the foreign channels if they broadcast the same thing, and probably the same case is here.
          My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
            How do you pay by mistake?
            I thought I was paying 30 € only for U-19 world championship..
            it turned out to be a payment for the whole year ..

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
              I thought I was paying 30 € only for U-19 world championship..
              it turned out to be a payment for the whole year ..
              LOL.
              Btw, a Croatian guy who will be at Poznan (from facebook eurobasket group) promised me to bring me games of your young PG there... Toni something
              So I guess that he really worth watching...
              My Youtube channel

Comment

Toni something
                Prostran
                So I guess that he really worth watching...
                he is good... hopefully he will be given more minutes at his club this year..

Comment

So Greece is eligible?

Comment

sounds cool, so with 30 euros we can watch all eurobasket 2009 and world championship 2010!
                    A question for those who have used this service? is the reliable or it disconnects all the time? are all the matches available to watch live? lastly are the matches broadcasted with the natural sound from the stadium or there is someone commenting on the game?

edit: its actually 22 euros!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVlty4FsZo&
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PCpxV2Imw

Comment

fibatv

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfiss View Post
                        sounds cool, so with 30 euros we can watch all eurobasket 2009 and world championship 2010!
                        A question for those who have used this service? is the reliable or it disconnects all the time? are all the matches available to watch live? lastly are the matches broadcasted with the natural sound from the stadium or there is someone commenting on the game?

I watched the games of the EC 2005 & WC 2006 by this service and the quality was quite good.

Games in the group phase were without comments. but you could hear some trash talk under the baskets and the coaches speaking during time out.

In the final stages there was an English native speaker commenting the games but still you could here a lot of interesting things from the players on the field and during time out.

I remember for example that in the WC 2006 final I heared Gianniakis shouting to this player during a time out in the 2nd quarter that they will watch together the videos after the game to see how the team gave away this game. So for Giannakis the final was lost already in the 2nd quarter.
                        You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfiss View Post

I don't think so.. It is 22 Euros indeed, but only for the upcoming European Championship and some other competitions until August 2010. So the WC 2010 is not included. They'll ask for more money then..

Comment

If you live in the UK it is on bbc online
                            CHECK OUT THE LATEST TEAM GB & BRITISH BASKETBALL NEWS @ http://www.gameongb.com

Comment

Originally posted by inaminute23 View Post
                              If you live in the UK it is on bbc online
                              I only know of the iplayer and the bbc news stream. Is there any other stream that broadcasts sports??? Can you give the URL please?!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVlty4FsZo&
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PCpxV2Imw

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information