• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    i wonder if kobe paras thread can beat this japeth aguilar thread
    *crossfingers*

Comment

• Unfortunately, Japeth shot himself in the foot with that showboating dunk in the last game that almost became a serious injury that could have cost him that Gilas spot. If that shoulder injury is not as serious as reported then he may be ok to play in SEABA or perhaps save himself for the next big tournament should we progress.
      Help and support my video game mods:

Comment

• Ever since 2013 japeth Aguilar has no equal in playing for gilas Pilipinas.

Comment

• What happened to "Capeth Lang", Japeth and Cassie Naidas' video blog? What news have we of this? It's quite entertaining it'd be a shame if it has seen its last day. It shouldn't have.

Comment

• Ok.. UP.. The longest thread among pinoy players is back..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• all i remember from japeth from his high school days are dunks, dunks and dunks with some few blocks here and there and that's it.
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                all i remember from japeth from his high school days are dunks, dunks and dunks with some few blocks here and there and that's it.
                Well, all uncle Sam remembers about Japeth from his highschool days are court to court dribbling & finishing it with a slam

Speaking of Japeth, I see him taking a significant role for Gilas 5.0 in the SEABA tourney, specially that RDO is no longer part of the national team (maybe at least for the SEABA tournament). He is the most senior big man in the national team right now & the most experienced.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  Well, all uncle Sam remembers about Japeth from his highschool days are court to court dribbling & finishing it with a slam

Speaking of Japeth, I see him taking a significant role for Gilas 5.0 in the SEABA tourney, specially that RDO is no longer part of the national team (maybe at least for the SEABA tournament). He is the most senior big man in the national team right now & the most experienced.
                  Japeth's mid-range shots are getting deadlier by the day, especially a new weapon in his offensive repertoire - the bank shot.

I wonder who convinced him to try shooting bank shots. Based on my observation, I think he is shooting it at 80% accuracy or something.
                  Dead Lizard.

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
                    Japeth's mid-range shots are getting deadlier by the day, especially a new weapon in his offensive repertoire - the bank shot.

I wonder who convinced him to try shooting bank shots. Based on my observation, I think he is shooting it at 80% accuracy or something.
                    cone probably

Comment

• Seems that it took a Tim Cone for Japeth to gain back confidence in his game.

Enjoy classic Japeth in a charity game 8 years ago.

The Philippines is our nation. Basketball is our religion.

facebook: thegilasarmy
                      twitter: @gilas_army

Comment

• After all is said and done for FIBA Gilas career ( 2011 - 2017)

Japeth > Junmar. Look at # of games ( sample size) and averages.

Japeth over all has been our best international big man (not naturalize) over the last decade ( 2010 - 2019)
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilas Army View Post
                          Seems that it took a Tim Cone for Japeth to gain back confidence in his game.

Enjoy classic Japeth in a charity game 8 years ago.

I thought Japeth hitting 3's was a newer development. He hit 3 that game. Nice. He should harness that and turn into a true stretch 4 that can also blow by you for a big jam.

Small sample size lately but his potential is there:

Over 40% & 38% in the last couple of years.
                          Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            After all is said and done for FIBA Gilas career ( 2011 - 2017)

Japeth over all has been our best international big man (not naturalize) over the last decade ( 2010 - 2019)
                            1 more asia-level or above tournament with the same consistent play as the last fiba-asia, media will then recoginze him as such.

dito naman sa ibn, we are already considering him as our #1 big man for a while na (except for the JMF apologists). lagi namang shoo-in si japeth sa mga team-A lineups.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                              1 more asia-level or above tournament with the same consistent play as the last fiba-asia, media will then recoginze him as such.

dito naman sa ibn, we are already considering him as our #1 big man for a while na (except for the JMF apologists). lagi namang shoo-in si japeth sa mga team-A lineups.
                              Tama naman.. the need of tall rebounding shotblocking devil will bedeferred as long as him playing..
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                                After all is said and done for FIBA Gilas career ( 2011 - 2017)

Nah, Japeth only played good International basketball this year, he was even not given playing time by your co-Kiwi last year's Olympics qualifier. Kudos to Coach Tim Cone for the transformation of Japeth.. Even Mac Baracael played better than Japeth in 2011 FIBA ASIA, 2013 to 2016 he played behind RDO and Pingris..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information