• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Enes Kanter

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Lots of people got a look at him over the weekend in Vegas. Thornton said UCLA and Washington State were among numerous schools watching the import. Thornton estimated Kanter averaged 35 points and 20 rebounds a game during the weekend.

"Put it like this, I'm not going to mention the team we were playing, he one time took two players with him, dunked it," Thornton said. "The guy he dunked on came down court this weekend and said, 'Man, coach. Where did you get him? This isn't really fair.' I've been playing basketball a long time and I've never had someone say that."
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Enes Kanter with a superb start

Originally posted by parso
        Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
        Originally posted by sseppel
        it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
        Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
        Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

How is this guy doing?
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Kanter apparently decommitted from Washington, may be headed to Kentucky next year.

He plays for a somewhat shady prep school program that plays other shady prep school programs and gets no media coverage, so it's hard to find much info.

Here's something from February:

He said Kanter, who played overseas last year, has exceeded his expectations this season. Last week, Kanter scored 50 points against a Las Vegas team and Thornton said he's grown to nearly 6-11.

"He's better right now than anybody in the Pac-10," Thornton said.
            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
              Kanter apparently decommitted from Washington, may be headed to Kentucky next year.

He plays for a somewhat shady prep school program that plays other shady prep school programs and gets no media coverage, so it's hard to find much info.

Here's something from February:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rious_cas.html
              Shady is still a nice word for Stoneridge.
              Recruiter/Coach from Senegal took all players (90% from Africa) from already troubled Florida Prep to California to be head-coach at Stoneridge Prep over there. This is no real school-team, its an AAU-team pretending to be a school-team, sponsored probably by investors, who may get a cut if some of those players make it to the NBA or pro hoops.

Stoneridge Preparatory School demonstrates how entire prep basketball squads are increasingly transferring together as eight of their current players made up Florida Prep's team last year and last year's team now plays together at a different prep school.

I from Wisconsin!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                Shady is still a nice word for Stoneridge.
                Recruiter/Coach from Senegal took all players (90% from Africa) from already troubled Florida Prep to California to be head-coach at Stoneridge Prep over there. This is no real school-team, its an AAU-team pretending to be a school-team, sponsored probably by investors, who may get a cut if some of those players make it to the NBA or pro hoops.
                Yes but now they've replaced the Senegalese coach and picked up some Hollywood flair:

Comment

Kanter changes tack, opts for Kentucky

Rising Turkey star Enes Kanter has changed his mind and will play for the Kentucky Wildcats instead of the Washington Huskies.

The 6ft 10in Kanter is someone that has competed in FIBA Europe youth events in recent years and dominated.

He will be a part of the World Select side to play at the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, Oregon, next month.

John Calipari is the head coach at Kentucky and is currently trying to lead the school to an NCAA title over the next few weeks.

It was his assistant coach, Orlando Antigua, that may have made the best impression on Kanter.

"He's a good guy," Kanter said to scout.com.

"I like Orlando a lot. I feel comfortable with them.

"He sees me as a good player.

"I liked the fact that there are a lot of ex-players on staff."

Kanter will be the latest Turkish player to compete in the American college ranks.

Dogus Balbay, a guard at Texas, figures to collect a lot of assists by dishing the ball to Kanter in Turkey national team games down the road.

Engin Atsur is currently in the Turkey national team backcourt.

He had an outstanding college career at North Carolina State.

Kanter is playing high school basketball in California at Stoneridge Prep.
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—North Carolina-bound Harrison Barnes scored 27 points and the U.S. Junior National Select Team beat a team of young international players 101-97 at the Nike Hoop Summit on Saturday night.

Barnes, a 6-foot-8 guard from Ames (Iowa) High School, hit a key 3-pointer that put Team USA up 94-92 with just over a minute left—after trailing by 74-62 going into the fourth quarter.

Although Canadian Cory Joseph’s layup tied it at 94, the world team could not pull back ahead.

Enes Kanter, a 6-foot-10 center from Turkey who is committed to play for Kentucky, had 34 points and 13 rebounds. Kanter surpassed the Hoop Summit world team record of 33 points set by Dirk Nowitzki(notes) in 1998.

“I played with my team,” said Kanter, who is still working on his English. “I had 34 points because of my team.”
                    The U.S. team is part of USA Basketball’s development program and coached by Bob Cimmino of Mount Vernon High School in New York.

Last year’s team, which included such players as Kentucky’s John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins, fell to the world team 97-89 in the Hoop Summit.

Seven former Hoop Summit players were among the top 20 draft picks in last year’s NBA draft. Overall, 53 former Team USA and 15 former world players were on current NBA rosters.

On the international side, the game is a showcase for future Olympians.

Local favorite Terrence Jones of Portland’s Jefferson High school hit a jumper that put the U.S. team up 31-22 early in the second quarter. Jones, a 6-foot-8 forward who has led Jefferson to three straight state titles, hasn’t yet decided on a college.

After trailing 50-41 at the half, the world team rallied. Nikola Mirotic of Spain hit a 3-pointer that narrowed it to 50-48.

Kanter’s reverse layup put the world team ahead 54-53, but Barnes put the U.S. back in front with a dunk.

China’s Sui Ran answered with a 3-pointer and the world team was off on a 15-5 run that gave them a 74-62 lead going into the final quarter.

The U.S. team quickly rebounded, narrowing it to 80-78 on Jared Sullinger’s put-back before Barnes’ 3-pointer pulled the U.S. ahead 81-80.

It was back-and-forth before Barnes hit a 3-pointer with 1:09 left to put the U.S. ahead and the world could not re-claim the lead.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to come here and not only represent my country, but represent the Midwest and the state of Iowa,” Barnes said. “I’m so humbled an honored by the experience.”

Sullinger, a 6-foot-9 center headed for Ohio State, had 22 points and eight rebounds for Team USA.

Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Kid is a beast. I think he will dominate college basketball next year.
                      UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Damn, he looks like 25 already. He's big and strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aFBEYN5K8 Highlights.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

If I was Turkish coach I would invite him to the senior National team right away. He's already better than Savas and Erden to me
                          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                            If I was Turkish coach I would invite him to the senior National team right away. He's already better than Savas and Erden to me
                            I don't think they will add new players to the roster. And Enes is still too young. I think 2011 we will build a new roster with young players and then Enes will play an important role.

Comment

He is already being considered in the 2011 Draft of the NBA as a potential #1 draft pick overall.

Comment

Lottery pick? Absolutely. #1 pick? Not convinced.

Two things I see: #1 not the most athletic, #2 not a passer (either not willing or can't). Also as can be seen from this thread, there is this age question that could drop him a couple places. But a great player.
                                aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information