Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naturalization (Jordan, Qatar and Lebanon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization (Jordan, Qatar and Lebanon)

Hey, guys.
    This is my first time posting a new thread and I just wanted to discuss the subject of naturalizing players, we don't see this kind of stuff really in other basketball continents but it seems to be a great problem in Asia which is really sad, instead of trying harder to make your own players better you just take some random-player from some other country and make him a fellow countrymen...

Why are some of you guys supporting Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar's cheating? Is it really okey that Lebanon first brought in Vogel (0% lebanese) and now Jackson Vroman? Is it really okey that Jordan brought in Wright and I won't even start on Qatar..

I'm most disappointed with Lebanon to be honest, they have a great basketball culture and sure, it's only been Vogel and Vroman thus far if I've got the story right but are they really that insecure about themselves that they feel that the only way they can compete is to buy in former nba-players?

Jordan as well, what the hell is the point of having Wright kicking som asian butt when the dude's not even asian or have zero connections with Asia?

No, I for sure know that this will be the last basketball tournament at NT-level in Asia I will watch and I sure as hell will cheer for the honest and hardworkings teams, China and Iran. They atleast are proud people and they are good without having to buy in players..

This wasn't meant to hate on you lebanese guys (I've seen many of you guys around here) but don't think it's lame that your basketballprogram is buying in ballers just like that? Ok, I think what Qatar is doing is freaking terrible but they suck, they really do. And Jordan isn't on the same level and they don't have the same basketball-culture as you guys...

Oh, well.. I hope no one will be offended but lets hope for some iranian and chinese asswhoopin'!

Well Olajuwon , when you start topics, and start accusations, make sure of your facts before using arguments like that .

1- Other continents don't do such things ?
    Let me give you examples":

France : AFRICAN players

USA : Rony Seikaly , lebanese player, has been naturalized to play with U.sA,
    and to be ironic, referring to your name, HAkeem OLAJUWON also was naturalized to play with the U.S.A

2- It s a FIBA law that allows it. Deal with it, complain to FIBA. When rules are not broken , no one is a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by olajuwon View Post
      Hey, guys.
      This is my first time posting a new thread and I just wanted to discuss the subject of naturalizing players, we don't see this kind of stuff really in other basketball continents but it seems to be a great problem in Asia which is really sad, instead of trying harder to make your own players better you just take some random-player from some other country and make him a fellow countrymen...

Why are some of you guys supporting Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar's cheating? Is it really okey that Lebanon first brought in Vogel (0% lebanese) and now Jackson Vroman? Is it really okey that Jordan brought in Wright and I won't even start on Qatar..

I'm most disappointed with Lebanon to be honest, they have a great basketball culture and sure, it's only been Vogel and Vroman thus far if I've got the story right but are they really that insecure about themselves that they feel that the only way they can compete is to buy in former nba-players?

Jordan as well, what the hell is the point of having Wright kicking som asian butt when the dude's not even asian or have zero connections with Asia?

No, I for sure know that this will be the last basketball tournament at NT-level in Asia I will watch and I sure as hell will cheer for the honest and hardworkings teams, China and Iran. They atleast are proud people and they are good without having to buy in players..

This wasn't meant to hate on you lebanese guys (I've seen many of you guys around here) but don't think it's lame that your basketballprogram is buying in ballers just like that? Ok, I think what Qatar is doing is freaking terrible but they suck, they really do. And Jordan isn't on the same level and they don't have the same basketball-culture as you guys...

Oh, well.. I hope no one will be offended but lets hope for some iranian and chinese asswhoopin'!
      we are sooo strong that all people are just talking about us... good for us... GOOOO LEBANON

Comment

And again:

When you make such a stupid topic, you're not discussing, you're doing something else.

Plus, nothing is illegal. It's all by the rules. And it's very common everywhere.
        You don't like it? Go cry somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by lord-patrick View Post
          Well Olajuwon , when you start topics, and start accusations, make sure of your facts before using arguments like that .

and to be ironic, referring to your name, HAkeem OLAJUWON also was naturalized to play with the U.S.A

2- It s a FIBA law that allows it. Deal with it, complain to FIBA. When rules are not broken , no one is a cheater.
          Are you comparing the case of Vogel and Vroman with Olajuwon and Seikaly?

Olajuwon moved to USA when he was 17 and started to play basketball there for real, without UH he would never have been in the NBA and he was naturalized after 13 years in the country, not like what you guys are doing.. bringing guys over just the like that...

And the same thing goes with Seikaly, he actually lived in USA before he was naturalized...

Comment

Originally posted by khaledlebanon View Post
            we are sooo strong that all people are just talking about us... good for us... GOOOO LEBANON

When the name Lebanon is mentioned , a country that is 10452 km ^2 , people shake in fear hahaha

SIZE DOESN T MATTER :P

or yes it does

Comment

Originally posted by khaledlebanon View Post
              So strong?
              Iran still took your olympic place and the only way you can compete with China and Iran is to naturalize player with zero connections to your country.

Comment

Originally posted by lord-patrick View Post

and more check this out and tell me y didn't u say that russia is a cheater, or it's only cuz we r getting stronger and we r from middle east man plz go get a life and don't type on the kye baord just to do it.

(Jon Robert "J.R." Holden (born August 10, 1976) is an American-born, naturalized Russian basketball player. He played NCAA Division I college basketball at Bucknell University (1994-1998), and he currently plays for CSKA Moscow of the Russian Super League. He is also a member of the Russian national basketball team. In Russian his name is spelt Dzhon-Robert Kholdin) source wikipedia.
                A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you. C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by ElArZ View Post
                  And again:

When you make such a stupid topic, you're not discussing, you're doing something else.

Plus, nothing is illegal. It's all by the rules. And it's very common everywhere.
                  You don't like it? Go cry somewhere else.
                  It only shows that you can't compare with your own players, you need to bring in players from other countries just so you can compete against the honest teams of Asia, pathetic.

Comment

Are you comparing the case of Vogel and Vroman with Olajuwon and Seikaly?

Olajuwon moved to USA when he was 17 and started to play basketball there for real, without UH he would never have been in the NBA and he was naturalized after 13 years in the country, not like what you guys are doing.. bringing guys over just the like that...

And the same thing goes with Seikaly, he actually lived in USA before he was naturalized...
                    rules apply to all cases

Comment

Originally posted by weeso View Post
                      and more check this out and tell me y didn't u say that russia is a cheater, or it's only cuz we r getting stronger and we r from middle east man plz go get a life and don't type on the kye baord just to do it.
                      Russia is the same crap, they done it once though, you guys are acting like thugs but your culture sucks, you need to bring in players to be elite in Asia.

Comment

It only shows that you can't compare with your own players, you need to bring in players from other countries just so you can compete against the honest teams of Asia, pathetic.
                        Lebanon is most disappointed with you.

Comment

And what's the matter now?
                          Is it becoming a habit for people to create accounts and start flaming?

Comment

Hey, guys.

man,i hope it will be ur last post cause you're proving that you have no idea about basketball,who said that naturalization process is only in asia,read the nationalities of some players in the great teams then talk as u want
                            why didn't u naturalize any player,who stopped ur federation?
                            anyway,such way of thinking is sterile cause we are circulating in the same whirl

take this a proof,our federation tried hard to acquire the services of a lebanese australian center(julian khazzouh)before naturalizing vroman,but the negotiations failed,also our lebanese centers are injuried(roy smaha,..).so,this is the reason behind naturalizing vroman(we have an excuse)

Comment

Watch your language!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information