PBA players multi million salary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
    how many PBA players have endorsements outside their mother teams? very few...
    A lot of them got shoe contracts. I mean, who would wear anta these days?

Comment

that's why these players need quality education so they would have a fallback should their career end abruptly.

Sad to say, majority of these athletes treat education merely as a joke or an obstacle instead as an opportunity ( I had to fail a number of my student athletes for no showing during the semester, that their coaches would have to beg me for them to pass)

this is also the reason why you can't blame maierhoffer, aguilar and menor in their decision to enter the PBA draft than play for Gilas, they have to earn while they still can, both MAierhoffer and Aguilar are known for injuries, while Menor might not get drafted in a deep draft.

We've seen a number of these easy millionaires while playing, poor after their careers are over

Comment

i read somewhere before that bernson franco (a star ogf PCU dolphins) drafted by alaska agreed to receive 30K a month..

Comment

salary cap:

team - 32 million per year
          max salary of players - 350k per month (this is excluding bonuses and incentives)
          salaries for imports - 30k
          "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post
            James Yap for Goldilocks..hehehe
            add
            star margarine and bench

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
              that's why these players need quality education so they would have a fallback should their career end abruptly.

Sad to say, majority of these athletes treat education merely as a joke or an obstacle instead as an opportunity ( I had to fail a number of my student athletes for no showing during the semester, that their coaches would have to beg me for them to pass)

this is also the reason why you can't blame maierhoffer, aguilar and menor in their decision to enter the PBA draft than play for Gilas, they have to earn while they still can, both MAierhoffer and Aguilar are known for injuries, while Menor might not get drafted in a deep draft.

We've seen a number of these easy millionaires while playing, poor after their careers are over
              duh how can they fail these guys? , local collegiate leagues (UAAP, NCAA) Treat their players like gods and instant celebrities in campus. I'm sure being a sure graduate is one of those under the table deals.

Comment

i'll have to disagree with you on this one.

perhaps it's a case-to-case basis. the bigger schools (you know what i'm talking about) wouldn't dare leave their former players (especially the ones who don't make it) unemployed thanks to their alumni connections.

the ones who would make it, i don't blame them if they're good enough to play professionally and start earning. it doesn't take a college degree to make a player realize his long-term future. besides, what the hell is an AB-Interdisciplinary Studies degree if a player's units are all too easy? it's just as good as some AB-Translation or BSE-Physical Education degree elsewhere. they just need to know what to do with what they earn.

not everyone will be as intellectually gifted as say, Chris Tiu, but there's no reason to feel sorry for some players who actually treat education as a joke/obstacle. it's their dream.

Comment

Originally posted by paolylo View Post
                  i'll have to disagree with you on this one.

perhaps it's a case-to-case basis. the bigger schools (you know what i'm talking about) wouldn't dare leave their former players (especially the ones who don't make it) unemployed thanks to their alumni connections.

the ones who would make it, i don't blame them if they're good enough to play professionally and start earning. it doesn't take a college degree to make a player realize his long-term future. besides, what the hell is an AB-Interdisciplinary Studies degree if a player's units are all too easy? it's just as good as some AB-Translation or BSE-Physical Education degree elsewhere. they just need to know what to do with what they earn.

not everyone will be as intellectually gifted as say, Chris Tiu, but there's no reason to feel sorry for some players who actually treat education as a joke/obstacle. it's their dream.
                  well, sorry if im passionate about my job (ala coach carter) though I'm a fan of college sports, sometimes I question the attitude of this student athletes when it comes to education, they are students first athletes seconds (my professors in UST had to fail Richard Yee for his pathetic performance in class that jeopardized UST's chance for a 5 peat), my professor in international politics in DLSU would ask the athletes to drop the course at the begining of the class to save face from humiliation...

In the court they may be gods, but inside the classroom they are all even in my eyes..............................

Kaya nga I always argue that they should just allow this kid straight up to the PBA after they turn 18...

I guess i value education that much, I'm not asking this students to be a genius, just take their education seriously...........(only a handful of them would make it to the PBA, most of them would just drift away to obscurity, I know a number of student athletes that are currently undemployed or under employed)

Comment

they really need to ammend the rules regarding recruitment, the collegiate league is now similar to the professional leagues with all these under the table deals and allowances, gone are the times that you would try out for the school for school pride and quality education....

sorry..I just value education.........

Comment

Originally posted by skadiBOY View Post
                      add
                      star margarine and bench
                      thats why i said a "few" players....he's one of the few...

name more players....

Comment

well, sorry if im passionate about my job (ala coach carter) though I'm a fan of college sports, sometimes I question the attitude of this student athletes when it comes to education, they are students first athletes seconds (my professors in UST had to fail Richard Yee for his pathetic performance in class that jeopardized UST's chance for a 5 peat), my professor in international politics in DLSU would ask the athletes to drop the course at the begining of the class to save face from humiliation...

In the court they may be gods, but inside the classroom they are all even in my eyes..............................

Kaya nga I always argue that they should just allow this kid straight up to the PBA after they turn 18...

I guess i value education that much, I'm not asking this students to be a genius, just take their education seriously...........(only a handful of them would make it to the PBA, most of them would just drift away to obscurity, I know a number of student athletes that are currently undemployed or under employed)
                        yah...agree..and may be 20 years old after college..

Comment

PBA and its corporate arms pay overly fat paychecks to pseudo-athletes. A PBA player is first and foremost an entertainer like andrew e. or charise pempengco or a globetrotter. how i wish the philippines will have real athletes like those of china. anyway, i have a suggestion to the PBA. Since it is all about entertainment, why not lower the basketball ring so that the fancy guards can also dunk?

Comment

Originally posted by donspark47 View Post
                            yah...agree..and may be 20 years old after college..
                            I'm looking at the european model, at 14 years old you could play pro ball.....in tennis, golf and even in boxing, there's no need for a college degree to be successful..

since this kids wouldn't take education seriously anyway (well some of them) it would be better if they go straight to the pros after high school (or 18)......In the US there's an argument that they should just go to the NBA since they just destroy the credibility of their university......(I think it was said by doug collins)

Comment

Originally posted by alien space bats View Post
                              PBA and its corporate arms pay overly fat paychecks to pseudo-athletes. A PBA player is first and foremost an entertainer like andrew e. or charise pempengco or a globetrotter. how i wish the philippines will have real athletes like those of china. anyway, i have a suggestion to the PBA. Since it is all about entertainment, why not lower the basketball ring so that the fancy guards can also dunk?
                              From hatred to downright stupidity. You are turning these boards into a pseudoPExboards. You do not deserve to be here.

It's one thing to show support for other teams but this? You are provoking posters clearly. i have so much respect for the mods here and hopefully they do the right thing.
                              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                                From hatred to downright stupidity. You are turning these boards into a pseudoPExboards. You do not deserve to be here.

It's one thing to show support for other teams but this? You are provoking posters clearly. i have so much respect for the mods here and hopefully they do the right thing.
                                right on the button..but maybe too harsh..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information