PBA players multi million salary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
    that would have to be debated by the PBA board and the Players union via a CBA (collective bargaining agreement) bro....so it is possible,

but it is not retroactive

there is no existing Union for the PBA players.
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloner View Post
      ah ok..

How they were able to lower the maximum salary from 500K to 350K?
      But please note that the PBA could only impose the changes to maximum allowed salary with regards to new contracts as the on-going contracts could not be altered. That's why Duremdes enjoyed a 500 thousand pesos monthly salary upto last year because his player contract was still valid.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

I don't think the professional league (PBA) is detrimental to the Philippines being a powerhouse again in Asia, but the individuals running it should be the one's to blame...

In the end of the day, you have to realize that most of these players are playing the game not for country, but for a big pay day (this is their initial motivation).....
        It is not totally the people who runs the PBA that are to be blamed, because some of the players and the people who handle them has already become too greedy. A number of them ask for a lot of money even if they are not worth it. Then there are those who are already over the hill but does not agree to pay cuts. There are even players who demands additional compensation if they'll play for the National Team.

I know of a certain contract which has so many incentive clauses that makes the team pays the player certain bonuses for individual achievements and statistics. That is why said player either hogs the ball or the coach makes the plays center on this particular player. Then when good players were added to the team, he demanded either he be traded or the other players get out as it would affect his bonus scheme and the commission of his agent (his father -in-law) is also affected.

But if the PBA is really serious with the salary cup then it should not act as mere guide and they should institute a sanction or penalty if such a thing is violated just like the Luxury Tax in the NBA. What we have now is that the PBA is only reactive if a violation is found out, it's a case-to-case basis. I remember it is only after Tanduay left the league that it was found out from the players (Hawkins, Gayoso, etc) that aside from the PBA Uniform Player's Contract there was a separate 2nd contract. Upto today the PBA has not instituted a system to monitor or verify the contracts entered between the teams and the players. I know of some present players bragging that they currently have 2nd contracts so that's why some other players are also trying to ask if they can have the same. It's hard to explain that it is not allowed but it is being practiced Well that's already beyond me.
        Last edited by nardy; 09-16-2009, 03:39 AM.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

^^

greed begets greed.

Comment

Originally posted by alien space bats View Post
            ^^

greed begets greed.
            sometimes, money talks

Comment

Riley, Spoelstra taking cuts in salary

MIAMI (AP)—Miami Heat basketball operations employees have accepted up to a 20 percent pay cut in order to avoid layoffs.

The cuts affect everyone in the department, including team president Pat Riley, head coach Erik Spoelstra, assistant coaches, scouts and others. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel first reported the salary reduction in its Tuesday editions.

Player salaries are not being affected.

The Heat laid off 20 members of its business operations staff in May as a result of the economic downturn. In 2003, the franchise asked employees to accept 10 percent pay cuts because of falling revenues.

Lower ticket prices and scaled-back sponsorship deals have decreased revenue around the NBA, which is projecting further reductions over the coming year.

Comment

James Yap earning ph350k + incentive package from the PBA while Kris Aquino earning more or less ph 7-8M a month from abs-cbn...huhuhu...

Comment

sadly , we may never earn that kind of amount in our lifetime....P 7 million. awww

Comment

Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                    Riley, Spoelstra taking cuts in salary

MIAMI (AP)—Miami Heat basketball operations employees have accepted up to a 20 percent pay cut in order to avoid layoffs.

The cuts affect everyone in the department, including team president Pat Riley, head coach Erik Spoelstra, assistant coaches, scouts and others. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel first reported the salary reduction in its Tuesday editions.

Player salaries are not being affected.

The Heat laid off 20 members of its business operations staff in May as a result of the economic downturn. In 2003, the franchise asked employees to accept 10 percent pay cuts because of falling revenues.

Lower ticket prices and scaled-back sponsorship deals have decreased revenue around the NBA, which is projecting further reductions over the coming year.
                    I wonder if we would hear our PBA team owners and players say this in the near future

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post
                      I wonder if we would hear our PBA team owners and players say this in the near future
                      try asking that to Marlou Aquino hehehehe

I am waiting for the day that PBA players would be traded because of their huge expiring salaries (ALA NBA)

Comment

try asking that to Marlou Aquino hehehehe

I am waiting for the day that PBA players would be traded because of their huge expiring salaries (ALA NBA)
                        That has actually been happening year in and and year out now.
                        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                          That has actually been happening year in and and year out now.
                          oic, I thought most of the trades were done without logic (Arwind Trade etc)

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information