Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PBA players multi million salary...

Default PBA players multi million salary...

Japeth Aguilar - 1st year Ph125,000, 2nd year Ph 225,000, 3rd year Ph 325,000 + bonuses and incentives...wow!

While Kenneth Duremdes still playing with coke last past year he is the only player receive Ph500,000 monthly salary...carry over with alaska contract. that time the maximum salary is Ph500,000 a month.

anyway...How much the salary of Mark Andaya?any link?

Mark Caguioa - Ph 300,000/month
    Jay-jay Helterbrand - Ph 275,000/month

Quote Originally Posted by chris25_moon View Post
    are you sure about these figures? i doubt.. being superstart in the league would guarantee them the maximum salary of P350,000.00 a month with extra perks depending on the teams performance every conference.

Japeth Aguilar - 1st year Ph125,000, 2nd year Ph 225,000, 3rd year Ph 325,000 + bonuses and incentives...wow!

While Kenneth Duremdes still playing with coke last past year he is the only player receive Ph500,000 monthly salary...carry over with alaska contract. that time the maximum salary is Ph500,000 a month.

Mark Andaya - no salary..."pakyawan"only...and only free food and fare allowance...hehe.joke!

I think its the old one contract still going on..

I used to think that P350k a month for the PBA players is too much, but now it seems that is low compared to what the Middle Eastern players are getting. I heard they are getting much more than our players.

At any rate, I think P350k a month is okay. Anything more than that, though, is too much.

Anything less ..... and we would have trouble attracting top Fil-For prospects, like Chris Lutz, for example. Those legit, NCAA Division 1 stars have the credentials and talent to play elsewhere, where the pay is better.

As for Japeth ..... think of it this way: If he turns out to be a bust in the PBA, he won't be able to negotiate for a better contract later after this contract expires.

Froilan Baguion? Ph 70,000 or Ph 80,000?

You have to understand, that these athletes get to play only for a couple of years. Very rarely will you see anybody spending more than 15 seasons in the PBA. I read somewhere that the average PBA career is only three years for most players.

So they earn a lot, but after that ..... that is why most PBA players before ended up in the US or Canada, where they can work at blue-collar jobs for a living after their money runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by rhk111 View Post
    You have to understand, that these athletes get to play only for a couple of years. Very rarely will you see anybody spending more than 15 seasons in the PBA. I read somewhere that the average PBA career is only three years for most players.

So they earn a lot, but after that ..... that is why most PBA players before ended up in the US or Canada, where they can work at blue-collar jobs for a living after their money runs out.
    yes this is true.. only few have an average of 10 or more years career in the PBA and one of them is Olsen Racela who i think started playing in 1993 with Purefoods. that is why some players are investing while they are still in the peak of their careers.

Not really that much these days considering they have to pay good amount of Taxes. Salaries here in Qatar for professionals in Multinational Companies or Oil & Gas companies range from PhP250k to PhP500K tax free + great incentives.

some of our hard working OFW's earn much more than Php350K/month (around $7300 USD) even without their company productivity pay and lodging allowance plus taxes... and i hear stories of Makati girly bar dancers earning up to Php150K a month. if that's the case, we have no right to conclude that our PBA "supahstars" are overpaid.

kidding aside, i wonder how much they get from endorsements?

Quote Originally Posted by paolylo View Post
    kidding aside, i wonder how much they get from endorsements?
    how many PBA players have endorsements outside their mother teams? very few...

in Indonesia football league, many local players got salary around US$ 10.000/month and our perfomance not even top ten in Asia ( didnt even think about quarter final in every asia cup ),

'so I think your basketball players got fair salary there.
    "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ticket View Post
    James Yap for Goldilocks..hehehe
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

didnt mark caguioa was offered by iran for an 10 month 8 million peso contract

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ticket View Post
    A lot of them got shoe contracts. I mean, who would wear anta these days?

that's why these players need quality education so they would have a fallback should their career end abruptly.

Sad to say, majority of these athletes treat education merely as a joke or an obstacle instead as an opportunity ( I had to fail a number of my student athletes for no showing during the semester, that their coaches would have to beg me for them to pass)

this is also the reason why you can't blame maierhoffer, aguilar and menor in their decision to enter the PBA draft than play for Gilas, they have to earn while they still can, both MAierhoffer and Aguilar are known for injuries, while Menor might not get drafted in a deep draft.

We've seen a number of these easy millionaires while playing, poor after their careers are over
    sana MERALCO ka nalang, para sobra sobra ka kung magmahal!

i read somewhere before that bernson franco (a star ogf PCU dolphins) drafted by alaska agreed to receive 30K a month..

salary cap:

team - 32 million per year
    max salary of players - 350k per month (this is excluding bonuses and incentives)
    salaries for imports - 30k
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by saints13 View Post
    James Yap for Goldilocks..hehehe
    add
    star margarine and bench

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast