IBN Ballers Club (Philippines)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBN Ballers Club (Philippines)

Since OBVIOUSLY we are all basketball fans, don't you think we should bring all these (from flamebaits to on-court trashtalks) to the hardwood?

If you have game, if you have time, let's do this. i know the EB party looks bleak now but this could be the alternative. And a very nice alternative since we can drop a few pounds and excess alcohol

Let's decide on the day and the venue and let's do this once a week.

Let's see if IBN posters has real balls inside the court.

(Be kind though am just a pass-first point guard but i really want another weekly basketball--- i have one at PEX--- so that we aren't just fans of the game, but players of it too. One way and the other

On that note here's a future conversation in the court when we play:

On a two-on-one fastbreak... Team A on offense...

Team A Player #1: Lintek, pasa mo pare bola para kang PBA maglaro eh dapat gayahin natin yung turo ni Toroman.

Team A Player #2: Eh kasing galing ko sa dribble si Willie Miller eh kaya ko na to...

Team A Player #2 drives all the way and misses the shot...

Team A Player #1: 'tang ina sabi na nga ba eh.

Team A Player #2: Bawi na lang maya. Tinatago ko lang laro ko for next week.

Team B player (the one who got the rebound) thoughts: Damn these Filipinos they are fighting amongst themselves...

Game?!
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Since OBVIOUSLY we are all basketball fans, don't you think we should bring all these (from flamebaits to on-court trashtalks) to the hardwood?

If you have game, if you have time, let's do this. i know the EB party looks bleak now but this could be the alternative. And a very nice alternative since we can drop a few pounds and excess alcohol

Let's decide on the day and the venue and let's do this once a week.

Let's see if IBN posters has real balls inside the court.

(Be kind though am just a pass-first point guard but i really want another weekly basketball--- i have one at PEX--- so that we aren't just fans of the game, but players of it too. One way and the other

On that note here's a future conversation in the court when we play:

On a two-on-one fastbreak... Team A on offense...

Team A Player #1: Lintek, pasa mo pare bola para kang PBA maglaro eh dapat gayahin natin yung turo ni Toroman.

Team A Player #2: Eh kasing galing ko sa dribble si Willie Miller eh kaya ko na to...

Team A Player #2 drives all the way and misses the shot...

Team A Player #1: 'tang ina sabi na nga ba eh.

Team A Player #2: Bawi na lang maya. Tinatago ko lang laro ko for next week.

Team B player (the one who got the rebound) thoughts: Damn these Filipinos they are fighting amongst themselves...

Game?!
    im going home this aug. 15 im in this for sure ill pm you pag anjan nako sa pinaslets get it on!
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

nice! though I havent played for a year and is now out of shape. Would be nice to see the guys do their talking on the court. As they say, Actions speak louder than blogs or in this case, forum arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by raichu08 View Post
        nice! though I havent played for a year and is now out of shape. Would be nice to see the guys do their talking on the court. As they say, Actions speak louder than blogs or in this case, forum arrogance.
        Haha. i am pretty sure most of us are out of shape. And come to think of it, those who will go are the nicer persons--- arrogance, they come out when you are behind a keyboard

But am serious with this, let's be real we are basketball fans but what are we really if we can't play the game even at the lowest level? Let's keep it real

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

i would like to join its a very good idea.. i dont post very here often.. but i love the game that much.

Comment

I like this! Bring it on! My ankle is almost healed! hehehe. When and Where guys? I usually play at PMI (in Roosevelt) MWF 8-10PM. If you guys wanna join, just tell me.

Or if you want, we can play somewhere else. hehehe. I'm getting excited already!

Comment

Count me in.....

Comment

Mind if I can be a coach? I really don't play but I have lots of plays on my sleeve

Comment

Originally posted by ramzaruglia View Post
                  Mind if I can be a coach? I really don't play but I have lots of plays on my sleeve
                  We don't welcome foreign coaches. You have to get a letter of permission from the BCAP

Sana umabot naman tayong kinse para di pagod!

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

This is a good idea mga toolll....
                    Count me in hehe

Comment

i'm out of shape too..oblong na ako..hahaha. I'm in. when and where po?
                      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post
                        i'm out of shape too..oblong na ako..hahaha. I'm in. when and where po?
                        We can call this the Out-of-Shape League since that's what it looks like

First, we decide on a venue:

Crossing Star Mall has quadruple courts (di nga lang tabla) but is one the cheapest in town (rough guesstimate: 400?).. Then there's the RFM Gym, Reyes Gym, Acropolis in Mandaluyong... Covered hardwood courts with lights cost around 800 pesos i believe.

This is usually what we do, we make reservations for two hours (so double the rates) and divide that by 15~20, the ideal number so that we can have rest in between ball games.

100 a night would be standard and relatively cheap if we can have a full attendance. Pero yung nga lang, saan kaya malapit ang lahat?

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Count me in guys!!!

durden_tyler is correct. I met a lot of worst forum people who are very meek in person.hehehe
                          Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                            We can call this the Out-of-Shape League since that's what it looks like

First, we decide on a venue:

Crossing Star Mall has quadruple courts (di nga lang tabla) but is one the cheapest in town (rough guesstimate: 400?).. Then there's the RFM Gym, Reyes Gym, Acropolis in Mandaluyong... Covered hardwood courts with lights cost around 800 pesos i believe.

This is usually what we do, we make reservations for two hours (so double the rates) and divide that by 15~20, the ideal number so that we can have rest in between ball games.

100 a night would be standard and relatively cheap if we can have a full attendance. Pero yung nga lang, saan kaya malapit ang lahat?
                            we need 15 people in attendance. how bout sending your contact #'s. tapos we could meet in advance para mag-ambagan ng pera for reservation sa venue, since its hard for anyone to organize a basketball game. and it seems that all of the above mentioned venues has some sort of reservation fees.
                            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post
                              we need 15 people in attendance. how bout sending your contact #'s. tapos we could meet in advance para mag-ambagan ng pera for reservation sa venue, since its hard for anyone to organize a basketball game. and it seems that all of the above mentioned venues has some sort of reservation fees.
                              Agreed! Already sent my contact number to sir Durden_Tyler.

By the way, do you guys want to have a referee when we play? Coz, we have one everytime we play in PMI. It spices up the game you know, and less possibility of getting injured

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information