No announcement yet.

Day 3, Group A: Philippines vs Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA will be schooled by TAULAVA again. I hope Kerby Raymundo won't be "BAKAW" again.
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY AND THE PBA !
    TEAM PILIPINAS ! WE BELIEVE !

WE DO ORDINARY THINGS EXTRAORDINARILY WELL.
    FAITH IN THE FLAME! ANIMO BENILDE!

Comment

The game hasn't started but there are already 3+ pages....

Great win vs Japan Last Night!

GO TEAM PILIPINAS MAKE IT 3-0!!!!

Comment

newspaper headline tomorrow

25th FIBA-ASIA : Pinoys defeat Koreans for 3-0 standing
        08/08/2009 | 11:12 PM
        | | More
        Powerade-Team Pilipinas beat Korea, 88-74, to nail its third victory on Saturday in the 25th FIBA-Asia men's basketball championship in Tianjin, China.

Asi Taulava, Jayjay Helterbrand. and Gabe Norwood shone for Team Pilipinas in the last minutes of the game to assure victory.

The boys, under the tutelage of coach Yeng Guiao, took an 8-0 lead at the start of the game and an 11-2 lead before the Koreans got their game going. The Filipinos ended the first quarter just three points behind, 19-22.

The Koreans took the half at 43-41 as they connected from the three-point area and the Filipinos somehow lost their shooting touch. Errors like a lane violation by Helterbrand in the last one-minute before halftime added to the Filipinos' woes.
        https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FARIDOON View Post
          25th FIBA-ASIA : Pinoys defeat Koreans for 3-0 standing
          08/08/2009 | 11:12 PM
          | | More
          Powerade-Team Pilipinas beat Korea, 88-74, to nail its third victory on Saturday in the 25th FIBA-Asia men's basketball championship in Tianjin, China.

Asi Taulava, Jayjay Helterbrand. and Gabe Norwood shone for Team Pilipinas in the last minutes of the game to assure victory.

The boys, under the tutelage of coach Yeng Guiao, took an 8-0 lead at the start of the game and an 11-2 lead before the Koreans got their game going. The Filipinos ended the first quarter just three points behind, 19-22.

The Koreans took the half at 43-41 as they connected from the three-point area and the Filipinos somehow lost their shooting touch. Errors like a lane violation by Helterbrand in the last one-minute before halftime added to the Filipinos' woes.
          Nice try!

Phil Vs korea will be aired live 9pm phil time.. My time is only 3pm... hhhe!

Comment

Guys, please beat Korea!!!!!!!!!!!
            I AM LEBANESE!!!

Comment

The key here is can Ha be able to defend the pick-en-roll plays of the Philippines?

In 2007 Jones Cup meeting, Ha was ineffective against the pick-en-roll plays. Jimmy Alapag and Mark Caguioa exploited this. This is their weakness and Yeng Guiao knows it.

Keys to winning for Powerade Team Pilipinas:

1. Shoot the ball well especially on the three-point area.
              2. Control the defensive boards and execute the fastbreak.
              3. On the defensive side, guard the Koreans outside gunners.
              4. DO NOT double down on Ha, single coverage on Ha. I can live with HA
              scoring a few points in the paint rather than let their outside shooters
              drain the three point shot.

GO TEAM PILIPINAS!

Comment

Yes guys beat them we are all with u wish for u goodluck coz ur team playing nice go leb go phil goooo

Comment

Originally posted by RAWAD View Post
                  Guys, please beat Korea!!!!!!!!!!!
                  why do lebanese fans here want us to beat korea?? are they afraid of facing korea in the quarters? because if we beat korea 2nyt we will be no.1 or no.2 and in case we fall to no.2 spot we wud be facing lebanon in the quarters. u must be cheering for korea because we will be more dangerous than korea in the quarters. we must beat korea tonight to avoid any chances of facing china in the quarters.i prefer lebanon or jordan in the quarters over china.

Comment

5 hrs and 20 mins to go!

NEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!
                    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!
                    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY AND THE PBA !
                    TEAM PILIPINAS ! WE BELIEVE !

WE DO ORDINARY THINGS EXTRAORDINARILY WELL.
                    FAITH IN THE FLAME! ANIMO BENILDE!

Comment

Originally posted by skidrow_06 View Post
                      why do lebanese fans here want us to beat korea?? are they afraid of facing korea in the quarters? because if we beat korea 2nyt we will be no.1 or no.2 and in case we fall to no.2 spot we wud be facing lebanon in the quarters. u must be cheering for korea because we will be more dangerous than korea in the quarters. we must beat korea tonight to avoid any chances of facing china in the quarters.i prefer lebanon or jordan in the quarters over china.
                      I don't think so bro. I guess since we treat them well(generally) and we share the same passion for basketball, they can relate well with us. I think that's all there is to it.

Good luck to RP Team later tonight.

http://theprodigy7.wordpress.com

Comment

I think we should worry, too, about #15 KIM MIN SOO. Although he scored "only" 7 points against Japan and 5 points against Sri Lanka, he did everything for Korea when they won against us in the Jones Cup. This 6'7" Argentine-Korean can do everything... do damage outside and inside... and able to get a lot of rebounds, too. RP should do well to mark this guy well right from the start.

Comment

Let's get the juices going with a little pre-game rewind, shall we?

From Allan Caidic's autobiographical book "My Life", here are some excerpts from Chapter 3: "For Flag and Country". (Allan Caidic was the Philippines' top gun in the 80s-90s, bar none. He was respected by opposing Asian teams, and was known internationally as "Player Number 8", living the life of a marked man during a distinguished career. He gave his countrymen many proud moments, and is part of a vanishing breed of players who value national team duty above their professional careers).

On the 1986 Seoul Asiad (verbatim):

"...in September that year, the national team under Joe Lipa flew to Seoul for the Asian Games. The experience turned out to be one of the most unforgettable and painful moments in my basketball career. Remembering the offensive foul called against me by a Japanese referee during our semifinal game against South Korea still made my blood boil to this day.

Recalling the last two minutes of the game was like thrusting a dagger in my heart. It was terrible. Just the thought made me sick. But let me reel it back one last time.

We were playing against South Korea for the chance to meet China for the gold medal. Korea had led all the way. But the Philippines, with coach Joe Lipa drawing from all the experience he had through the years, steered us to within a point with the game clock winding down.

One heck of a defensive gem forced the Koreans to miss a shot and we came down with the rebound. I took the outlet pass and dribbled upcourt on the left side with about eight or ten seconds remaining. After I crossed the mid-court line, I saw Samboy (Lim) at the corner of my eye trailing by my right. Four or five steps into the front court, just before I reached the three-point arc, a Korean player stepped into my path to draw a charge. I sidestepped and flicked the ball over to Samboy who by now had crossed into the front court and had an open path as wide as the 38th Parallel to the goal for the game-winning basket.

But at the exact moment that I gave up the ball, the Korean player crashed to the floor, feigning contact, and the Japanese referee, to my horror, blew the whistle! Charging! It was a big time flop worthy of an award, and the game official fell for it!

I was at the referee's face the second he made the call. No response. We banged the committee's table to explain that the Korean fellow clearly had not established his defensive position yet. Yawn. I thought coach Joe was going to have a heart attack right there on the court. He was red-faced and ready to explode. But all went for naught. No way they were going to reverse a call favorable to the Koreans in Korea. And so with nowhere else to go for appeal, we took the defeat with all the graciousness we could muster..."

And then of course, there's the 2002 Busan Asiad:

"In Busan back in 2002, after South Korea's Lee Sang Min drained that buzzer-beating three point shot that beat the Philippines in our semifinal game, nobody felt it more. I was in the dugout. Everybody wept, including Asi Taulava, Rudy Hatfield, Mick Pennisi, Danny Seigle, Chris Jackson and Eric Menk..."

And there you have it, straight from The Triggerman himself. I just hope Team PILIPINAS exacts some payback against our South Korean tormentors tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RayV View Post
                            ^Nagpakita na ng sampol ng "dirty dancing" si YG! Nakita nyo ginawa ni Kerby kay Shinichi Ito? Hilo di ba?

Trans: Shinichi Ito himself experienced how YG does the "dirty dancing" courtesy of Kerby...
                            Yup, I saw that too. Napangiti na lang si Ito, sabay tiklop.
                            I will be watching closely how will they do it to Ha and Bang.

Trans: How about "break dancing" with Ha and Bang?
                            FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                              The key here is can Ha be able to defend the pick-en-roll plays of the Philippines?

In 2007 Jones Cup meeting, Ha was ineffective against the pick-en-roll plays. Jimmy Alapag and Mark Caguioa exploited this. This is their weakness and Yeng Guiao knows it.

Keys to winning for Powerade Team Pilipinas:

1. Shoot the ball well especially on the three-point area.
                              2. Control the defensive boards and execute the fastbreak.
                              3. On the defensive side, guard the Koreans outside gunners.
                              4. DO NOT double down on Ha, single coverage on Ha. I can live with HA
                              scoring a few points in the paint rather than let their outside shooters
                              drain the three point shot.

GO TEAM PILIPINAS!
                              A gamble, but then again, against teams like Sokor, any strategy would be a gamble.

This reminds me of the 1990 Asian Games RP NT's game agains North Korea and Ri-Myung Hoon. Ri, the 7'5" player who would've likely ended up in the NBA were it not for the fact that he was from North Korea, was the best Asian Center then, scoring god knows how many points per game.

I think Jaworkski employed a similar strategy then, allowing Chito Loyzaga to defend against Ri without double-teaming too much, but shutting down the others.

We won that game, that this Sokor team is a much better team than that Nokor team back then.
                              Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Go rp team........... God bless rp team
                                ALWAYS HAVE FAITH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information