Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 3, Group A: Philippines vs Korea

Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar

now is another great time to say this...TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Iran, China and Philippines will play next year World Championship... I'm back from the future...

Merong vids sa FIBATV.com yung Japan vs Korea full game. I hope the coaching staff have this already. For last-minute adjustments.

Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FARIDOON View Post
    Iran, China and Philippines will play next year World Championship... I'm back from the future...
    LOL! nice one
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

haha, the game is still 12 hrs to go but this thread is already four pages long..

i'm expecting a more physical game tonight against the Koreans.. but not as physical as we could be..

just wait when Kowts Kalbs unleashed his secret weapon.. when he does, players from the opponent team should be careful to not run near the Philippines bench or else they'll get their neck breaks......
    Impossible is Nothing!!!

it's a close one... for now... korean and RP NT both deserves to win... but in the next round is another thing...RP NT rises on the occasion anytime, that's the mentality of the filipino... who knows, RP NT can make an upset in the next and next round... RP NT getting better and better after games...

I hope JP Aguilar can play tonight against Korea... for me he is the big difference... he is the 1-2 punch of RP NT in a lot of things... hope he can play...

Quote Originally Posted by merps baller the return View Post
    now is another great time to say this...TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!
    sama ko jan bro! trans: count me in dude!

team pilipinas all the way!!!
    If you see a short, chinoy guy with an abacus, crying in a corner, that must be one of our senior forum members trying to figure out the fiba ranking points system. LOL

are you sure you are iranian? you support our team. you know a lot about pinoy basketball. you even know ronnie nathanielz is a ceylon-born naturalized filipino.

dude,

1. you're iranian but long-time resident of RP; or
    2. fil-iranian; or
    3. pinoy posing as iranian

i think you're no. 3.
    If you see a short, chinoy guy with an abacus, crying in a corner, that must be one of our senior forum members trying to figure out the fiba ranking points system. LOL

chekov's gun

Quote Originally Posted by patay-butiki View Post
    are you sure you are iranian? you support our team. you know a lot about pinoy basketball. you even know ronnie nathanielz is a ceylon-born naturalized filipino.

dude,

2. fil-iranian; or

i think you're no. 3.
    i think he's seouljaboy

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDropper View Post
    They should really be more physical than usual. Kailangan manakit ang katawan ng mga kalaban. RP-NT should impose their maturity(gulang) on the floor. Kailangan mapikon ang mga Koreano so they'll lose their focus. Kailangan makaramdam ng kirot ang mga ito. I think YG will apply it as the teams get stronger.

Trans: YG should teach his wards some "dirty dancing" techniques.
    ^Nagpakita na ng sampol ng "dirty dancing" si YG! Nakita nyo ginawa ni Kerby kay Shinichi Ito? Hilo di ba?

Trans: Shinichi Ito himself experienced how YG does the "dirty dancing" courtesy of Kerby...

Make their shooters think our bigs can handle their bigs - defense and rebounding. And great defense in the perimeter.

Mga ibababad sa laro
    Asi
    Mick
    Japeth - Can play sf almost the same as kelly williams - has the perimeter offense too, good ball handling, can slash.
    Norwood/Dillinger
    Miller
    Oh come on, mamon!

Quote Originally Posted by patay-butiki View Post

dude,

2. fil-iranian; or

i think you're no. 3.

I'm an Iranian who is married to a beautiful Filipina and knows a lot of basketball in Asia..

Quote Originally Posted by QuickFox View Post
    Make their shooters think our bigs can handle their bigs - defense and rebounding. And great defense in the perimeter.

Mga ibababad sa laro
    Asi
    Mick
    Japeth - Can play sf almost the same as kelly williams - has the perimeter offense too, good ball handling, can slash.
    Norwood/Dillinger
    Miller
    i was just looking at the boxscores. all our players play less than 30mins. this may be good for the player's conditioning as the tournament goes on. but it may also be reflective of the all-star system (wala pwede mabangko, nakakahiya kasi basketball star sa pba).

altho in the same vein, all korean players played less than 30mins in their game against japan. but the margin was big early on, and the coach may have used reserves longer than usual.

jordan, in contrast, had 4 players who logged more than 30mins against lebanon. wright (37), idais (34), daghles (31), abaas (30).

i'm not sure which system is better, but IMHO, maybe we should give some of the starters 30+ minutes. japeth (if he stays out of foul trouble), pennisi (if he's healthy enough), even norwood (i think he can key as PG especially against the tall teams).

FREE GABE NORWOOD!

I'm an Iranian who is married to a beautiful Filipina and knows a lot of basketball in Asia..
    my bad dude.

oh!

1. your kids can be basketball players (think rabeh al-hussaini); or
    2. they can be movie stars (think carlos agassi or yasmien kurdi).

either way, you are very lucky!!! thanks for supporting team pilipinas.

sa·laam alai·kum

HA will be schooled by TAULAVA again. I hope Kerby Raymundo won't be "BAKAW" again.
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY AND THE PBA !
    TEAM PILIPINAS ! WE BELIEVE !

WE DO ORDINARY THINGS EXTRAORDINARILY WELL.
    FAITH IN THE FLAME! ANIMO BENILDE!

The game hasn't started but there are already 3+ pages....

Great win vs Japan Last Night!

GO TEAM PILIPINAS MAKE IT 3-0!!!!

Like us on Facebook! The Interbasket Philippines-run Basketball Facebook page!

Default newspaper headline tomorrow

25th FIBA-ASIA : Pinoys defeat Koreans for 3-0 standing
    08/08/2009 | 11:12 PM
    | | More
    Powerade-Team Pilipinas beat Korea, 88-74, to nail its third victory on Saturday in the 25th FIBA-Asia men's basketball championship in Tianjin, China.

Asi Taulava, Jayjay Helterbrand. and Gabe Norwood shone for Team Pilipinas in the last minutes of the game to assure victory.

The boys, under the tutelage of coach Yeng Guiao, took an 8-0 lead at the start of the game and an 11-2 lead before the Koreans got their game going. The Filipinos ended the first quarter just three points behind, 19-22.

The Koreans took the half at 43-41 as they connected from the three-point area and the Filipinos somehow lost their shooting touch. Errors like a lane violation by Helterbrand in the last one-minute before halftime added to the Filipinos' woes.

25th FIBA-ASIA : Pinoys defeat Koreans for 3-0 standing
    08/08/2009 | 11:12 PM
    | | More
    Powerade-Team Pilipinas beat Korea, 88-74, to nail its third victory on Saturday in the 25th FIBA-Asia men's basketball championship in Tianjin, China.

Asi Taulava, Jayjay Helterbrand. and Gabe Norwood shone for Team Pilipinas in the last minutes of the game to assure victory.

The boys, under the tutelage of coach Yeng Guiao, took an 8-0 lead at the start of the game and an 11-2 lead before the Koreans got their game going. The Filipinos ended the first quarter just three points behind, 19-22.

The Koreans took the half at 43-41 as they connected from the three-point area and the Filipinos somehow lost their shooting touch. Errors like a lane violation by Helterbrand in the last one-minute before halftime added to the Filipinos' woes.
    Nice try!

Phil Vs korea will be aired live 9pm phil time.. My time is only 3pm... hhhe!

Guys, please beat Korea!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast