Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Day 3, Group A: Philippines vs Korea

Quote Originally Posted by apiSigbinz View Post
    what was really disappointing in their game against Korea was their open shots were not falling..

although they both shot 19 field goals, the attempts of Korea were most of the time challenged thus making them miss.. ours is different because we had the open look most of the time..

good thing is, it was not a do or die game..
    ditto, its definitely one of our good losses pre. Those shots were the ones miller and yap normally make but i guess "halong gigil" na rin. Our players maybe pros but they still lack the familiarity of the international game where the atmosphere is very different the PBA.

i hope FIBA rules are reinforced when Smart Gilas plays in the next conference

..... hangover against the loss from korea

Quote Originally Posted by d_viper View Post
    ..... hangover against the loss from korea
    Another Paking Shet game. Nadagdagan na naman utang ng Korea sa atin.
    TINIRA! TINIRA SA LIKOD!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    We played very well yesterday but our perimeter shots weren't falling. That's the culprit yesterday. PERIMETER SHOOTING.

Helterbrand, Raymundo and Santos are all struggling.

Yeng Guiao gave heavy minutes at the SF spot to Norwood and Dillinger simply because of their ability to dribble penetrate.

Raymundo seems to be the biggest frustration for me in the tournament. He is supposed to be our versatile PF who can create for himself and his teammates. Raymundo has not shown that yet.

If we can start the game strong and hit our shots early, the lanes will be open for our slashers and big men. Good luck on monday.

GO TEAM PILIPINAS!
    Raymundo's still on a slump...I think he hasn't got his confidence back..he's hurrying and forcing his shots.

Helterbrand's priority is still playmaking and distributing the ball...but still he has to score and find his shooting touch...which earned him his first MVP...his injury may have slowed him down.

Santos is thinking offense all the time and not defense...now we know his lean frame isn't fit for highly physical game in FIBA...he has limited dribbling ability too.
    SMART GILAS: all the way

Where is Kerby & Arwind? Tsk tsk tsk i knew it it should be Hontiveros & Washington. I really wish we have 5 more Cyrus Baguio.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718