• 10 Aug.
    at 16h00
    PHI TPE
    0 - 0
    10 Aug. 2009
    1 day 17 hours to go
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY AND THE PBA !
    TEAM PILIPINAS ! WE BELIEVE !

WE DO ORDINARY THINGS EXTRAORDINARILY WELL.
    FAITH IN THE FLAME! ANIMO BENILDE!

Comment

• So who would the Philippines face in the next round Taiwan then after that?..

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
        Chinese Taipei
        thanks...

Comment

• Just as we assessed it here... Baguio stepped up and was a factor. I see Dillinger's game a notch above too. Kudos to Mick and Asi... on defense against Ha, as we predicted. Kerby as usual... anong nangyayari sa taong ito?
          FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

• no need to panic now... rp showed that they can beat korea but what im thinking is our outside shooting doesnt sink..... we threw a lot of shot but we barely make it.... lets move on to the next stage, i think we still have a better chance.... we need this man on my avatar.... the triggerman!

Comment

• So many open shots, so many misses.

We did so well on defense, move well on offense but when it came to finish we missed all the way to the bank

and Ha wasn't good at all. Team RP made their run when Ha is on the floor, when he was took out of the game, Korea was able to turn the game around.

We where so worried about Ha, instead he helped us out instead. Height means nothing if you don't have talent and Ha is a suspect on that, judging by how he struggled against Mr. Slow Mo Pennisi.

I think our next game is against Chinese Taipei since they are rank 2 of Group B on Monday.

Good game by RP, very respectable (unlike Jones Cup disaster). Good Luck in the next round.
              ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

• Where is Sinobball? i'm yours for the taking for losing the bet fair and square

i thought our shooting would pick up in the 2nd half , we did in the third but could not keep it up. Credit the Koreans for adjusting to RP's pace--- slow dragged down type--- and yet they delivered. They did not even need their three point shooting.

When we made runs the refs just wasn't too nice. That's not whining against the calls, i thought some players weren't just aggressive going to the basket (except for Baguio and Dillinger) and you can't expect the refs to give them the calls.

Congratulations to Team Korea they played real well and has shown versatility which makes them in my opinion one of the contenders.
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita View Post
                  so who are we facing next?
                  we'll face Chinese Taipei, Iran and Kuwait in that order......

this was a horrendous shooting night for RP.. Yeng should have gave Gabe more playing time.. he's our only slasher during half court set......
                  Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DimeDropper View Post
                    Just as we assessed it here... Baguio stepped up and was a factor. I see Dillinger's game a notch above too. Kudos to Mick and Asi... on defense against Ha, as we predicted. Kerby as usual... anong nangyayari sa taong ito?
                    kerby and arwind

we badly needed a great PG in this game to run our offense

Comment

• Before this tournament, I had hopes for the Philippines to possibly make it even to the World Champs with a little luck, but this team needs a miracle to even come close to it.
                      The offense is terrible, and despite Taulava, their inside game against stronger teams is nothing but a huge disaster. A guy like Penisi, who often is the tallest player they have on the field, keeps standing at least 6-7 meters away from the basket. Who is supposed to get the rebounds? Scoring in the paint is a real weakness once they face better teams than Sri Lanka it seemes. Too often they were afraid of finishing inside which too often lead to rushed shots that missed. The team too much counts on its outside shooting, which was just as terrible today as the several missed layups inside.
                      A very uninspired offens and a pretty unimpressive defense - that won't bring the team to Turkey and most likely not even close to the semi-final.

Comment

• great defense by team pilipinas. we couldnt have asked for more in that department.
                        AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

Comment

• Congrats to team Korea for job well done..Too many wasted opportunities for the Philippines, James Yap was included in the lineup because of his outside shooting is playing off, PBA reigning MVP Helterbrand is also a non factor and Kerby Raymundo is too short to play the PF position. Taulava's stamina is a problem and Thoss just watched the Korean bigman to grabbed the rebounds. Santos awkward playing is a no-no in International play.

Miller proves that he could be a good PG in international tournament and Baguio is great in transition offense. Dillinger's game suits well for international play and also Pinnissi.
                          https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by talion.. View Post
                            great defense by team pilipinas. we couldnt have asked for more in that department.
                            Korea probably feels the same with all the easy scores they had.

Comment

• Philippines next game is vs. Korea, Korea will square off vs. Kuwait I believe.

Both teams shot terrible today.
                              Philippines
                              2pt- 19/50 (38%)
                              3pt-4/27 (15%) Mick Pennisi had 3!
                              FT- 6/11 (55%)

Korea
                              2pt- 19/41 (46%)
                              3pt-4/22 (18%)
                              FT- 19/27 (70%)

Philippines actually had one less turnover than Korea (12-13) and had more steals (6-1). They just didn't get to the line at all and that's what killed them in my mind. Rebounding wasn't too bad either.

PHI
                              OR- 17
                              DR- 27
                              TR- 44

KOR
                              OR- 11
                              DR- 37
                              TR- 48

Philippines never led in the game. Biggest run for them was 8. Biggest lead for Korea was 15, biggest run 9. Philippines committed 25 fouls, Korea 16.

Baguio had 16 to lead the Philippines (7-10 2pt, 0-0 3pt, 2-2 FT). He was the only player in double figures. High assist man was Gabe Norwood with 2. Willie Miller had 9 rebs. Sonny Thoss was 0-8 (0-5 2pt, 0-3 3 pt). Korea was led by Yang Heejong with 14 (1-2 spt, 1-6 3pt, 9-10 FT) and 7 rebs. Oh Sekeun and Kim Minsoo each had 11. Ha Seung-Jin was held to 6 on 3-9 and 6 rebs. High assist man was Yang Donggeun with 4.
                              My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                              1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                              1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                              1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                              1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                              1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                              1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                              1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                                Where is Sinobball? i'm yours for the taking for losing the bet fair and square

i thought our shooting would pick up in the 2nd half , we did in the third but could not keep it up. Credit the Koreans for adjusting to RP's pace--- slow dragged down type--- and yet they delivered. They did not even need their three point shooting.

When we made runs the refs just wasn't too nice. That's not whining against the calls, i thought some players weren't just aggressive going to the basket (except for Baguio and Dillinger) and you can't expect the refs to give them the calls.

Congratulations to Team Korea they played real well and has shown versatility which makes them in my opinion one of the contenders.
                                korea is the better team. what can we expect when williams, reyes and even aguilar are not on the floor? we could have even won this one with aguilar's garbage points and offensive rebounds. anyway, let's look forward to the next games.
                                AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information