• Show
Clear All

• Day 3, Group A: Philippines vs Korea

Philippines vs Korea
    21h00 (GMT+8)

I cant wait for this game
    For Group A leadership- here we go!

LABAN PINAS!

Korea is much stronger, at least that's what the others would have us believe. Despite the fact that we're not playing with our brightest stars like Kelly Williams and Ryan Reyes, i know we can give Korea a good fight. We may not reach the top three, but we're going to drag down as many souls as we can with us. That's for sure. We just wasted Japan's dreams, didnt we?

Comment

Philippines will win by 10 points, Ha Seung Jin the korean Center will be wrestled by your man Taulava and Eric Sandrin will be check by the high flying Japeth Aguilar. Man to Man defense for the Philippines tomorrow and the Korean gunners will be limit..
      https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FARIDOON View Post
        Philippines will win by 10 points, Ha Seung Jin the korean Center will be wrestled by your man Taulava and Eric Sandrin will be check by the high flying Japeth Aguilar. Man to Man defense for the Philippines tomorrow and the Korean gunners will be limit..
        I hope the angels will carry your words brother. HA is scary because he has improved. I am hoping that We give them a good fight.

Comment

early thread?

Korea has more gas than Japan, I hope Powerade RP NT starts their engine going early on the game
          It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
          I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

........ again GOODLUCK RP TEAM ........ and much needed luck this time against this sokor team ........which i think loaded with firepower x 2 than the japs team

Comment

Japeth didnt play today... why?? RP had huge problems with the rebounding without him...

Comment

anyone, kindly lend me some infos here...

Korea recently naturalized an 6'6" American Import, what happened to him?
                I even saw an online video of him being interviewed. hmm, he even said he's happy to play with Daniel Sandrin for the Sokor NT. I forgot his name, I always forget his name...I'm still researching on him right now.
                I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by zik013 View Post
                  Japeth didnt play today... why?? RP had huge problems with the rebounding without him...
                  accdg to other forumer's (which they got from a news article), Japeth was nursing a strained knee..the degree of injury was not mentioned. I guess he'll be present during the RP vs. Sokor game.

Comment

...... too bad if hes really nursing an injury ....then lets hope its not that too serious ...... william and reyes is out we dont need this now....

Comment

Originally posted by zik013 View Post
                      Strained knee after a dunk during the Sri Lanka game. I think its a day to day condition so hopefully he'll be available tomorrow.

As for the Korea blueprint this will be all about how we defend their outside game. SJ Ha will force us to double, so its critical where the help will come. We must maintain good weak side help while doubling to ensure no easy kickout passes because they will be forced to rotate the ball (because we're coming from the opposite defensively). The Koreans lack the creativity to adjust shots under pressure so its imperative to keep a good challenge every time. Another key here will be Korea's screen plays- our wing men must consistently adjust coverage. They'll definitely mix it up time and again to keep us guessing, fortunately for us we have the manpower depth and agility to keep up so Arwind and Dillinger play crucial roles. If Japeth suits up his length and quickness will be important in extending to help guards off screens.

Korea is a sly team to contend with, but our lineup is capable of beating them as long as we maximize our strengths defensively.

Comment

btw, Korea has their own versions of Gabe Norwood and CJ Giles..

check this link http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=13089893

Jarod Stevenson
                        a 6'6" American Import... <--is he already Naturalized? did he back-out or what? why isn't he included in the present SoKor NT?

Afro-American-Korean

Born Anthony Jewell Akins on 7/3/1980 to an African American father and Korean American mother, he was the starting point guard at Georgia Tech University from 1998-2002 and is a former Georgia High School Basketball player of the year as a senior at Berkmar High in Lilburn, Georgia.

He is currently signed for a professional team in Croatia, KK Split, and has played for various European teams the past 5 years with much success.

In 2007, Tony attended the KBL (Korean Professional Basketball League) tryouts in Las Vegas to pursue an opportunity to play in the league and also to represent Korea in international play (on the national team). Although it did not work out, Tony hopes that in the future the possibility will be there for him to represent Korea in international basketball competition.

mataas siguro mga bayad nila, ndi sila kasama sa roster ng NT e.hehehe

translation:
                        SoKor has a lot of half-Koreans not in their NT roster.

Comment

so we need those long wings span of arwind and japeth ??? hmmm. they better catch up with the koreans shooters.... jared must still play with the same energy that he played against japan... cyrus must continue his attacking style and improve his outside shots... miller must control the ball against the koreans coz a T'O means pts for the koreans... i know Asi, kerby, Thoss, and penissi can hold their grounds inside the paint... so its norwood,yap, and helterbrand must have their shooting and defense too....

Comment

if asi plays defense on ha they way he did in the 2007 jones cup, we'll have a good chance.

if we win this, it might probably be the biggest win of any pba-backed RP team since the wins against japan (1990 AG), taiwan (1998 jones cup), and japan (2002 AG).

Comment

Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                              if asi plays defense on ha they way he did in the 2007 jones cup, we'll have a good chance.

if we win this, it might probably be the biggest win of any pba-backed RP team since the wins against japan (1990 AG), taiwan (1998 jones cup), and japan (2002 AG).
                              why not include the 9th placer game against China in 2007? that was something too.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information