Samboy "Skywalker" Lim Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samboy "Skywalker" Lim Highlights

Thanks to Mr. Williamreallyhung for uploading the videos.

Samboy Lim is one of my favorite PBA players of all time. He was really an explosive scorer during his prime when the played for the San Miguel Beermen.

The Skywalker is arguably the Best Highflyer in PBA History. And he was way ahead of his time.

Last edited by Lebron23; 07-07-2009, 04:35 AM.

Go my Idol Samboy "Skywalker" Lim.
    Watch PVL games online live | UAAP Live Updates

Comment

Now more people can see why Samboy was such a legend in the PBA, one of the greatest ever not to have won an MVP award. He had that rare ability to be able to change his shot in mid air.
      Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

nice highlight reel

"I have to tell you now, you take your final vow! Don't wait for me to lay my hands on you!"
        -MAY THE STALLIONFORCE BE WITH YOU

Comment

I may not saw him play on TV before, but based on what I just watched, he's a poet in aerial shots.... Really magnificent.

Comment

The closest player who is as good and flashy with his drives we have right now would be Mark Caguioa. But even Mark's blinding first step can't compare with Samboy's drives.
            Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

nope, i don't think anyone can compare to the great samboy lim...just like bill walton in the nba, he could've set all sorts of records and been so much more productive, but just couldn't stay healthy for one season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post

Samboy Lim is one of my favorite PBA players of all time. He was really an explosive scorer during his prime when the played for the San Miguel Beermen.

The Skywalker is arguably the Best Highflyer in PBA History. And he was way ahead of his time.

Looks like he is the Tony Parker of his days...I was born mid-70's and grew up idolizing caidic, lim and et al....hope we will find more of these kind of ballers.

Comment

ah i can still remember the excitement in the air when he stands up from the bench and walks to the scorer's table for a substitution.

"Enter the Dragon!" - Joe Cantada
                  sigpic

Comment

unfortunately, i never saw a game of the Skywalker in his prime... just highlight videos. the SMB i remember had him in the bench injured (1994 onwards) and guys like Bong Alvarez and Mike Mustre got most of the playing time when he returned from injury.

it goes to prove that high-flyers present injury risks and unless they don't have anything else like a jump shot or a post-up game, their career won't be productive for long.

Comment

Originally posted by paolylo View Post
                      unfortunately, i never saw a game of the Skywalker in his prime... just highlight videos. the SMB i remember had him in the bench injured (1994 onwards) and guys like Bong Alvarez and Mike Mustre got most of the playing time when he returned from injury.

it goes to prove that high-flyers present injury risks and unless they don't have anything else like a jump shot or a post-up game, their career won't be productive for long.
                      my experience playing against local filipinos in regards to high jumpers
                      are the higher you jump the louder the thud when you fall on your back
                      or as we all know in local term...sahod

and samboy when i watch my brother's pba archieve i usually see him hit the deck hard after a drive
                      its really a pity that he couldnt stay healthy long enough to win an MVP

Comment

man...samboy is a beast
                        KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

Originally posted by VII View Post
                          my experience playing against local filipinos in regards to high jumpers
                          are the higher you jump the louder the thud when you fall on your back
                          or as we all know in local term...sahod

and samboy when i watch my brother's pba archieve i usually see him hit the deck hard after a drive
                          its really a pity that he couldnt stay healthy long enough to win an MVP
                          how about samboy's foot almost hitting the backboard after jolas did a wrestler's clothesline move?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post

damm..... its long time to watch my idol in video i remember when i live in phils on 80,s maybe samboy is the most closer player playing in NBA in that time

these guy play like samboy

Comment

Wow man, these are very rare. Thank you for sharing the video to us! I've never seen any 1992-1993 PBA video on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information