Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think japeth aguilar should play?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paolylo View Post
    some shite player like Yuta Tabuse made it to the NBA and he wasn't even an NBDL revelation.

no offense to Japeth Aguilar, but i think his only chance of making the NBA is if some GM from a big Filipino-market city like LA, Dallas, Houston, NY, Washington, or Chicago wanted to fill extra seats in the stands. the guy has played center all his life and him being asked to play the 3 or 4 doesn't sound right.

i haven't seen him play since DLSU beat ADMU in his last year with the Eagles. all i see are youtube dunks of him in WKU. how far is his shooting range now? has he developed a quick first step? how good is his ball-handling?
    That's why the coaches said he should improve his shooting and ballhandling.

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post

His girlfriend is black pala. Wow! Hope they end up together. Can't wait for the 3rd generation aguilars!!!
      Dead Lizard.

Comment

Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
        His girlfriend is black pala. Wow! Hope they end up together. Can't wait for the 3rd generation aguilars!!!
        maybe half black or white or spanish ...shes pretty ha....

Comment

Originally posted by eitra View Post
          maybe half black or white or spanish ...shes pretty ha....
          and she plays power forward for WKU. and has a brother who is 6'9 250..

Comment

Originally posted by chekov's gun View Post
            is japeth public property already? i'd rather not talk of his personal life at this stage of his young career. but if i were him, i'll play first for the country because there is no greater honor.
            problem is some people only want to let him play for a "certain" national team and not the "other" national team.

Japeth went to the US to try his luck and hopefully get a shot at the NBA. I have info that he has invitations to try out with 2 or 3 NBDL teams. My personal opinion is to let the kid give his NBA dream a chance. If nothing turns out, at least he tried.
            Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Originally posted by pachador View Post
              PBA - he is a big fish in a small pond. This is aiming low
              NBDL - he is a small or medium fish in a big pond . this is aiming high hopefully to NBA. Its better to try than not to try at all for the NBA

if his girlfriend is still in college, I would stay in the NBDL to be near his girl while at the same time aiming for the NBA, but if his gf already graduated then he can decide between euro league or NBDL since he can also bring his girl with him to europe. Question is , which offers better experience for a crack at the NBA later ? euro league or NBDL ?

I would however give his NBA dream 2 years try only maybe 3 years maximum . After that, I would go for PBA. Anyway, he is already US citizen so no need to worry about money.

Lastly, the PBA right now needs him more than he needs the PBA. PBA is only good for local players who need the income or for fil-am players who are curious what life is like in the philippines. if japeth does not make it to the NBA within 2 years then thats the time he will need the PBA if ever, unless there is better opportunity in euroleague. I feel, this is the bottomline scenario for him .

Japeth already knows what life is like in the philippines so he needs to aim high and see if he can make it to the NBA , if not then at least he will not live the rest of his life wondering "what if ....". any other advice telling him to play in the PBA right away is just an appeal to his ego(pataba sa puso) and appeal to emotions or utang na loob , etc
              is his gf good enough to make the wnba?
              -The way RP basketball can get back to the Olympic and FIBA world stage... correct positions and small ball!
              -teach all the youth that are 6'8 and shorter the ability to dribble, pass, and shoot 3's

http://forums.interbasket.net/showth...d=1#post187750

Comment

Originally posted by grahamtelly View Post
                come on Japeth stay away from the PBA!!! please... im praying that he would be drated by any NBDL team. its the best place to improve his skills and start a pro career. he can even join the NBDL all-star slam dunk contest and get noticed by the NBA just like James White
                You are underestimating the NBDL or D- League. That's the 3rd best league in the World after the NBA and Euroleague.

Japeth Aguilar is already 24 yrs.old. I think he should join the PBA Draft this year, and It's already a guarantee that he's going to be a lottery pick in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
                  You are underestimating the NBDL or D- League. That's the 3rd best league in the World after the NBA and Euroleague.
                  You still have *at least* Spanish ACB ahead of it.
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

Japeth should weight very well his options. He knows that if he cannot get a slot in the NBA, then its useless for him to waste his time in a minor league coz this will not increase his chance of getting in the big league because the rest of the players there have also been rejected by the bigger league. Instead he should think already of his future and how to earn a living. Playing for country is an honor, but definitely honor will not be there if his team gets more defeat than victory. So if I were him, I would instead join the PBA draft and start already earning a living since he will not get any younger in the coming years. Joining the PBA draft would be the best option for him since he is already assured of the no. 1 pick and for sure he will earn more from his contract than what he will get from the national team. However if he still wants to play for the national team, probably he can add in his contract that if ever the national team want his service, then he can have the option to play for them.

Comment

One sentence:

"If he can be drafted to the NBDL, go for it!."

Comment

I think, Japeht will play for Powerade then continue his dream in playing NBA through NBDL for maybe a couple of months but if not drafted or chosen by any NBDL team or European team, then he would play for PBA..Smart Gilas would just be his last choice..

Comment

I like Japeth to be included in the national team. Then, when he is ready for the PBA, I hope he can join Brgy. Ginebra.
                          Recession | the global recession forum
                          Read Current Recession News Updated Daily

Comment

1st-powerssde
                            2nd-nbdl/europe
                            3rd-gilas NT(i remember reading a news,coach toroman said he have big plans for japeth..if he lans to be in nba or euroleague, it will be a good option to be trained by a coach like toroman(in caliber)..)

also, international competition is a large stage to show his talent..

sigpic

Comment

Japeth a hot commodity

he should play on a basketball court...where? how the heck should i know

Serious part:

I think Japeth is being overrated already..let's remember, he just started practicing with the guys.He would definitely have to adjust with the team and of course the physicality down low(with he PBA veterans) would be different not to mention that he has to play an official organized game since his NCAA div1 stint so he would really really have to dust off some rusts.I just hope he adjusts in time for the Fiba-Asia wars.Maybe after we see him in the Jones Cup and in the Fiba-Asia games then we could tell how good Japeth really is and thus answer the question where should he place himself.Just my two cents.
                              Last edited by Alex07; 06-29-2009, 06:41 PM.
                              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

We have not seen how Japeth plays so its kinda difficult to gauge the level of his talent. But i guess if he will be drafted by an NBDL team why not give it a chance for a year at most two and if he develops maybe an NBA team will recognize him. If after two years and he thinks NBA is a long shot, he could always return to the PBA. It is just that his talent is more developed practicing and playing with high calibre players than even dominating the shorter players in the PBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information