Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interligas Tournament (Brazil/Argentina)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interligas Tournament (Brazil/Argentina)

I dont know if someone has already posted it, but Brazlian League and Argentine League createad the Interligas Tournament to be disputed between the first 4 teams in the regular season of the each national league.

They will play against each other in two groups of 4 teams each. One group in Argentina and another one in Brazil. The final four will be disputed in Argentina.

The news in portuguese:

Definidas as datas do Torneio Interligas Brasil/Argentina

O primeiro quadrangular será realizado no Brasil, nos dias 06, 07 e 08 de abril, e o segundo, na Argentina, nos dias 09, 10 e 11.

A Liga Nacional de Basquete (LNB) e a Asociación de Clubes de Basquetbol , da Argentina, definiram as datas para a realização da primeira edição do Torneio Interligas Brasil/Argentina, competição que será disputada entre os quatro primeiros colocados dos campeonatos nacionais de cada país, o NBB e a Liga Nacional de Basquet. O NBB é um campeonato organizado pela LNB, em parceria com a Rede Globo e patrocínio da Eletrobrás, Caixa e Spalding.

As oito equipes serão divididas em dois quadrangulares, o primeiro realizado no Brasil, nos dias 06, 07 e 08 de abril, e o segundo na Argentina, nos dias 09, 10 e 11 do mesmo mês. Na disputa de estreia, o primeiro e o segundo colocados do NBB recebem o terceiro e quarto colocados da Liga Argentina. E no segundo grupo, os dois primeiros argentinos enfrentam os outros dois clubes brasileiros.

Na primeira rodada de cada quadrangular, o primeiro colocado de um país enfrenta o quarto do outro, assim como o segundo joga contra o terceiro. Na rodada seguinte, os vencedores das primeiras partidas encaram os perdedores. E, no último dia, quem venceu no primeiro jogo se enfrenta e quem perdeu, também.

Os campeões de cada quadrangular fazem a final do Torneio Interligas, no dia 14 ou 15 de abril (data a ser definida), com sede na Argentina. Caso dois clubes de mesma nacionalidade cheguem à decisão, a partida final será disputada no país desses times.

O intuito do Torneio Interligas é que a competição seja realizada durante todas as temporadas. Portanto, na próxima edição da competição, a ordem das sedes dos quadrangulares e da final serão invertidas.

Se a competição fosse hoje

No momento, as quatro equipes que representariam o Brasil no Torneio Interligas seriam, em ordem de classificação no NBB, o Universo/BRB/Financeira Brasília, o Flamengo, o Vivo/Franca e o Pitágoras/Minas. Pela Liga Argentina, Peñarol, Atenas, Quimsa e Boca Juniors estariam na disputa da competição.

Really cool logo.

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
      Really cool logo.
      I thought the exact same thing.

April 6th through the 11th. It looks like a good mix of strong and middle teams. I hope it's succesful. I always love little club tournaments.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Local: Brasília (Brazil)
        6/8 April

Teams:
        [BRA1]Universo/BRB
        [BRA2]Flamengo
        [ARG3]Juventut Sionista
        [ARG4]Libertad Sunchales

Local: Mar Del Plata (Argentina)
        9/11 April

Teams:
        [ARG1]Peñarol
        [ARG2]Atenas de Córdoba
        [BRA3]Franca
        [BRA4]Minas

Comment

09/04/2010
          BRA/ARG – Universo reach Interleague Tournament final

BRASILIA (Torneo Interligas) – Universo/BRB defeated Juventud Sionista de Paraná 102-93 to come out of Group A and reach the final of the Interleague Tournament in Brasilia.

Despite trailing 32-16 at the end of the first quarter, the Brazilians worked their way back into the game thanks in large part to Alex Garcia, who hit a three-pointer midway through the final quarter that put the hosts in front 87-86 and they never looked back after that.

Garcia led Universo with 33 points and 11 rebounds, while Jose Estevam Ferreira had a double-double of his own with 18 points and 10 boards. Luis Cequeira and Chuckie Robinson had 14 each for Sionista.

In the first game, Flamengo crushed Libertad Sunchales 89-68 to finish third in the group.
          Jefferson da Silva netted 19 points and Helio Vitor Lima chipped in with 18 for the winners. Greg Lewis led Libertad with 27 points and 12 rebounds.

Group B play begins on Friday in Mar del Plata with Peñarol, Atenas de Córdoba, Franca and Minas Tenis Clubé taking part.
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Peñarol champion.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

I really loved the format of the tournament.

It give some sense for the bizarre first round of the playoffs from the both leagues (5º up to 12º) and just become even bigger the rivality between the basketball schools.

IMHO, it´s a much more attracting format than traditionals tournaments like Copa Del Rey, in Spain.

Props for whom come the idea.

Comment

The tournament this year will start on 8th April.
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Let's see if a brazilian team can win this time.

Comment

OK, the teams are set.

The group that will play in Brazil will be (April 15 to 17):

Franca
                    Pinheiros
                    Libertad Sunchales
                    Atenas de Cordoba

And the group that will play in Argentina (April, 8 to 9):

Obras Sanitarias
                    Peñarol
                    Brasília
                    Flamengo

Link

Comment

The group to be played in Argentina is crazy.

Comment

In Brazil they will play in the city of Franca, the atmosphere will be great.

Comment

Are any of you guys going? If you are, I'd love to see some pictures of the fans.

Group B does look pretty tough, but I like the way they format this tournament, taking Brazil's first and second place teams again Argentina's third and fourth place teams, and then Argentina's first and second against Brazil's third and fourth. I like that.

I would like to see Corrientes play, because they've got Kammerichs and one of my favorite players in Lee Benson (from my hometown). But, oh well.

It's still too early, but I guess Flamingo is probably the favorite to win the tournament. That team has so much beef, so much height. I just love Marcel Machado. Great player. Will David Teague be playing?
                          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                            It's still too early, but I guess Flamingo is probably the favorite to win the tournament. That team has so much beef, so much height. I just love Marcel Machado. Great player. Will David Teague be playing?
                            I don't think Flamengo is a clear favorite, they are in a moderate "crysis", with their national supremacy threatened.

Teague will play as far as I know, he seems to be doing weel. I still couldn't catch any game when he played, but he seems to be adapting quite well.

I'm not going to Franca, the distance from São Paulo (my city) to Franca is about 400 km. But I want to watch a basketball game there sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
                              I don't think Flamengo is a clear favorite, they are in a moderate "crysis", with their national supremacy threatened.
                              Well, what is your opinion? Who do you think will win? Any clear favorites?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information