PCCL Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCCL Power Rankings

It seems the people behind the Philippine Collegiate Champions League is starting an interesting project, which is a regular rankings of the collegiate teams in Manila.

This is nice, and fun to track, especially when the teams are in active competition. It might be best to do the update per month, though, rather than per week, to give as many teams as possible games to showcase their stuff.

Here is the first rankings for this week:

The rankings were taken from Kaboom's (Jude Turcuato) website here: http://kaboomphilippines.blogspot.co...his-is-it.html
    Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

^^^
    Was the image too large? I'm sorry, but I'm using Opera, and the image looks fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111
      ^^^
      Was the image too large? I'm sorry, but I'm using Opera, and the image looks fine.
      RHK, did they come up with the provincial rankings already? I checked bleachers brew and kaboom's blogs but still none. Will they come up with one? and will they consolidate the Metro rankings with that of the provincial?

the good thing about these rankings are they are made with concerted effort by various media groups from TV (Solar), publication (Phil. Star,Inquirer) , internet (gameface, inboundpass),to other college basketball experts like Bill Velasco and Butch Maniego. I wonder if our poster here Anthony Servinio also contributes his insights to the rankings?
      <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

Cool, but I have they rank the provinical teams too, maybe by region or province to make it easier
        Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper
          RHK, did they come up with the provincial rankings already? I checked bleachers brew and kaboom's blogs but still none. Will they come up with one? and will they consolidate the Metro rankings with that of the provincial?

the good thing about these rankings are they are made with concerted effort by various media groups from TV (Solar), publication (Phil. Star,Inquirer) , internet (gameface, inboundpass),to other college basketball experts like Bill Velasco and Butch Maniego. I wonder if our poster here Anthony Servinio also contributes his insights to the rankings?
          None that I know of yet.

As per Kaboom, I think this is the first time they've come up with such a system of rankings, so they probably is still trying it out, and would likely come up with a separate rankings for the teams in the Visayas. Maybe they'll even come up with an integrated rankings later on, especially once the PCCL gets underway.

Comment

Yeah, some Cebu schools would be atleast on the top 10 that's for sure
            Last edited by Alex07; 07-03-2008, 05:52 PM.
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

USC will regain its supremacy ^^ in philippine basketball eheheheh

go cebu teams

Comment

Originally posted by skadiBOY
                USC will regain its supremacy ^^ in philippine basketball eheheheh

go cebu teams
                Dont get ahead of yourself too quickly, USC is just building yet

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

yeah, UV is still solid in Cebu.

does Bacolod have a league like CeSaFi? is so, do we got any friends who follow that here in the forum? can you give us news from your league?
                  WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                  SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Originally posted by C2Hamm
                    yeah, UV is still solid in Cebu.
                    UV is at its weakest this year and the early title favorites are the USJ-R Jaguars

does Bacolod have a league like CeSaFi? is so, do we got any friends who follow that here in the forum? can you give us news from your league?
                    it sounded something like NOPSSCEA?

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

Will they consider the teams' RPI in ranking college teams? They should have done it during the preseason. In my opinion, this are the top conferences(US NCAA style) or college leagues as we call it here in RP.
                      1. UAAP
                      2. NCAA
                      3. UCAA
                      4. NCRAA
                      5. CESAFI
                      6. NAASCU
                      I'm Living Life in the Fastlane

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
                        UV is at its weakest this year and the early title favorites are the USJ-R Jaguars

it sounded something like NOPSSCEA?
                        i had a talk with one of the teachers of UV who has some hands in selecting players for training. this teacher is my neighbor and one of my basketball buddy in the subdivision. he said that UV is getting weaker since Akad will not be playing for the team this year since he already reached the maximum 5 playing years as well sylvester tancongco who will be dropped from the roster because of academic reasons. he said the 2 are a big loss to UV. i just can't confirm it but maybe you have some insider reports that can confirm the truth on this.
                        "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
                          i had a talk with one of the teachers of UV who has some hands in selecting players for training. this teacher is my neighbor and one of my basketball buddy in the subdivision. he said that UV is getting weaker since Akad will not be playing for the team this year since he already reached the maximum 5 playing years as well sylvester tancongco who will be dropped from the roster because of academic reasons. he said the 2 are a big loss to UV. i just can't confirm it but maybe you have some insider reports that can confirm the truth on this.
                          yup, Akad is no longer in the team while Tancongco was demoted to the training pool due to disciplinary reasons. They however added a 6'5 Jerome Silva from MSU(apparently), and activated crack guards Phil Mercader, Harold Cincoflores, Mikee Cabahug

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
                            yup, Akad is no longer in the team while Tancongco was demoted to the training pool due to disciplinary reasons. They however added a 6'5 Jerome Silva from MSU(apparently), and activated crack guards Phil Mercader, Harold Cincoflores, Mikee Cabahug
                            mercader and cincoflores are and i've seen them play during their highschool days. as for mikee cabahug, i've seen him play once during the MLKP-U21 tourney in lapu-lapu city. i know he's the son of coach elmer "boy" cabahug but i think he's too soft for now though he's about 6'2". maybe a few years of toughening will get this kid going. i was expecting him to be with CDU but i think blood is thicker than water that's why he opted to go to UV.
                            "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
                              mercader and cincoflores are and i've seen them play during their highschool days. as for mikee cabahug, i've seen him play once during the MLKP-U21 tourney in lapu-lapu city. i know he's the son of coach elmer "boy" cabahug but i think he's too soft for now though he's about 6'2". maybe a few years of toughening will get this kid going. i was expecting him to be with CDU but i think blood is thicker than water that's why he opted to go to UV.
                              and the way it looks now, CDU might not even be fielding a team

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information