American football around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American football around the world

4 years ago American football came to Israel and the IFL was created. ( Israel football league).
    And I fell in love with the game.
    Those days they are talking about NT and playing over seas.
    I wonder, where there are football games around the world besides the NFL?

Is israel the only country beside USA that football Is playing at , by the same rules?? ( not the rogbi bullshit)

Surely not only in Israel and US, I remember betting on it few years ago, I'm far from bein' expert and hardly know the rules, but one guy was givin' tips, so I just followed. It was World Cup or some big tournament of it with few nations involved and Japan was beatin' the crap outta everyone there

Overall, game is boring and kinda sucks. Rugby is muuuuuuuch better

Comment

Originally posted by cscarlos View Post
      4 years ago American football came to Israel and the IFL was created. ( Israel football league).
      And I fell in love with the game.
      Those days they are talking about NT and playing over seas.
      I wonder, where there are football games around the world besides the NFL?

Is israel the only country beside USA that football Is playing at , by the same rules?? ( not the rogbi bullshit)
      I think Italy, Germany and Japan are a few countries...

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
        Blasphemy!

Comment

In Poland we have too official ligue

Comment

In Spain we have also an amateur league. I knew one player of the team in my city: Gijón Mariners (the worst one in the league).
            FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
            EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

I use to played Football in Puerto Rico. PR has a semi pro league and high school plus pee wee league.

Dominican Republic have a football team, PR teams use to travel to DR to play against them, but they (dominican team) did not play in the puertorican league.

Panama: Has Football, Pee Wee, High School, but dont know about other leagues from there.

Mexico: Football is big, have it in college, very organize league, some mexicans players play in the NFL.

Canada: Football is popular there, they have their own profesional league and is call the Canadian Football League. This league, have been around for many, many years. You have canadians playing in the NFL and players like Waren Moon, Doug Flutie just to mention a few, start in Canada before playing in the NFL. Back like in the 50s or 60s, they play friendly games against NFL teams, canadians only get to beat them once.
              Also they have High School and college leagues. They do draft for CFL league.

Argentina & Uruguay, they also have football league, and the winner of each league play a game to see which has the best team.

Europe Football? Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, France, Russia and other countries.

Pacific, Australia and New Zealand.

Asia: Japan: They have a a very organize league, and the championship is televise in all the nation. They also, have the champion of the "profesional league" (not sure is it profesional) and the college champion, I guess they call it the RICE BOWL to the side the champion of the country. Sport very popular in Japan.

The sport have grow, but its way far in popularity world wide to soccer, Basketball, baseball and others.

There is a international tournament play every two years I guess. USA always dominate, Canada, has been the runner up, Japan and Mexico compete plus Australia and New Zealand. Japan, Im not sure is it jr or adult tournament lose to USA in the finals by only seven points something like that.

I bring you more info soon...

Comment

Today, start the World Championship of American Football.

This World Championship is been playing now in Austria. USA already won the first game to Australia 61-0.

This are the groups:

Group A

USA
                Australia
                Mexico
                Germany

Group B
                Canada
                France
                Japan
                Austria (Host nation)

Write in Google: World Championship of American Football or go by USA Football web site.

Comment

Football is Huge in Japan at the Collegiate level.

and in Mexico the College games are almost full most of the time in Monterey and the DF
                  ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post

ruby is a sport for animals, No much strategy invole is just go out there and hit someone, Football is chess with living peaces. Also in Rugby it takes like a whole hour for the ball to move 2 inches

Australian Football is better anyways, becuase they retrict the contact and there is not much tackle invole at all and the filed is like 3 times bigger so there is more fluidity on the game. and games finish around the 55 points everytime.

Originally posted by cardenales View Post
                    Dominican Republic have a football team, PR teams use to travel to DR to play against them, but they (dominican team) did not play in the puertorican league.
                    we have a team? what team? i mean a national team? becuase I do know that some Universities here have amateur teams like UNFU and UASD and they are not really organized but we don't have a national team, maybe you played against some amateur clubs over here but that is it.

I did use to play pickup games after school a long time ago but that is as organized as the sport gets here.

But we have a couple of Dominicans in the NFL, Luis Castillo of the San Diego Chargers comes to mind, he's pretty good he has been an all pro team and all
                    Last edited by Ciscorlie Horford; 07-08-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cardenales View Post
                      Today, start the World Championship of American Football.

This World Championship is been playing now in Austria. USA already won the first game to Australia 61-0.

This are the groups:

Group A

USA
                      Australia
                      Mexico
                      Germany

Group B
                      Canada
                      France
                      Japan
                      Austria (Host nation)

Write in Google: World Championship of American Football or go by USA Football web site.
                      my favorites to win the championship
                      Japan will get Gold
                      mexico Silver
                      USA bronce
                      Canada 4th
                      Australia 5th
                      France and Austria last, France is probably the worst of them.

Comment

i hate this shit-who fucking play this?

just basketball and football(the real one)

Comment

theres a small group here in the Philippines that plays arena football, flag football and touch football.
                          you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
                            ruby is a sport for animals, No much strategy invole is just go out there and hit someone, Football is chess with living peaces. Also in Rugby it takes like a whole hour for the ball to move 2 inches
                            Hold on there chief, watch what you say and know the topic you are talking about. There is actaully a lot of strategy involved in rugby. I've played for a few years now and is a lot more organized and thoughtful than you think. Have you ever played or tried to learn the game? Rugby is both physically and mentally demanding. Rugby is just like basketball and football teams, where teams make and use set plays when on attack and set up an organized defense. As much as I grew up, played, and loved basketball and football and hockey, rugby is the most team oriented and technical game I've played. I played high school football, a little basketball and none were as fun or demanding or required more of an individual and a team than rugby.

Back to the topic of American football, it seems to be really popular in Europe.

European ations that play/have leagues include Austria, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Norway, the UK, Belarus, Serbia, Poland, and Switzerland (may have missed a couple). In Asia it is domianted by Japan. South Korea also play contact, but lost 76-0 in qualifying to Japan earlier this year. India, Philippines, Thailand, and Israel I know play at least touch/flag football.
                            Oceania is Australia, New Zealand, and American Samoa (as far as I know may be more).
                            The Americas: USA, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Panama, Uruguay, Chile, Honduras...basically all North and Central America and most of South America is starting to play.
                            Even Africa I think recently had a little camp/session.

Also not only a male driven sport, as there are competitive internaitonal womens programs. Recently was the womens World Cup (full pads like men) and touch/flag championships...starting to grow.
                            Fun game, lot of strategy and preperation goes into competitive play...it's downfall is the cost (equipment, ect.) and useable playing space (are soccer/rugby people willing to let American football players use their field or are they going to have to find a plot of land and work from there)
                            My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                            1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                            1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                            1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                            1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                            1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                            1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                            1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

World Senior Championship is held every 4 years...the Junior World Cup was to be held every 2 yrs and this is supposed to be the year it is held, but i do not have any info on it.
                              My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                              1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                              1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                              1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                              1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                              1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                              1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                              1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information