Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 jones cup

Roster for Jones cup

Gilas has submitted a lineup composed of the Gilas cadets plus new recruits Kobe Paras and Raymar Jose, and returning Gilas player Kiefer Ravena.

Mike Myers
    Kobe Paras
    Kiefer Ravena
    Christian Standhardinger
    RR Pogoy
    Jio Jalalon
    Matthew Wright
    Mike Tolomia
    Ed Daquioag
    Carl Bryan Cruz
    Kevin Ferrer
    Fonzo Gotladera
    Von Pessumal.
    Last edited by Silent Killer; 06-23-2017, 11:45 AM.
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Roster for Jones cup

Gilas has submitted a lineup composed of the Gilas cadets plus new recruits Kobe Paras and Raymar Jose, and returning Gilas player Kiefer Ravena.

Mike Myers
    Kobe Paras
    Kiefer Ravena
    Christian Standhardinger
    RR Pogoy
    Jio Jalalon
    Matthew Wright
    Chester Tolomia
    Ed Daquioag
    Carl Bryan Cruz
    Kevin Ferrer
    Fonzo Gotladera
    Von Pessumal.
    Chester?
    "Champions aren't made in the gyms; Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a DESIRE, a DREAM, a VISION" - Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by StrecthFour View Post
      Chester?
      sorry typo error

sigpic

Comment

That's interesting...but I have a feeling they won't let Kobe start. He will probably come off the bench. I hope he starts though. Nah...they will let Kobe start, pati ba naman ba dito bangko si Kobe LOL.

Who's you starting line Silent Killer as I'm not familiar with other guys except Kobe lol

My Starters:

Kiefer Ravena (PG)
        Kobe Paras (SG,F)
        Christian Standhardinger (C,PF)
        Matthew Wright (SG)
        Kevin Ferrer (SG)
        Last edited by Anonymous123; 06-23-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

No Parks and Teng? These 2 need all the exposure they can get.

Given the brutal schedule, Jones Cup should allow 14 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
            That's interesting...but I have a feeling they won't let Kobe start. He will probably come off the bench. I hope he starts though. Nah...they will let Kobe start, pati ba naman ba dito bangko si Kobe LOL.

Who's you starting line Silent Killer as I'm not familiar with other guys except Kobe lol

My Starters:

Kiefer Ravena (PG)
            Kobe Paras (SG,F)
            Christian Standhardinger (C,PF)
            Matthew Wright (SG)
            Kevin Ferrer (SG)
            Mike Myers will probably start, probably with Stanhardinger. Not sure if Kobe is most effective at SF. If not, Wright will probably start. Kiefer and Tolomia in the guard slots.

Comment

Weird. The Jones Cup organizers allow up to 15 players per team (interchangeable), and with that in play, there are two slots available. Parks Jr. should get that slot + another big man like Raymar Jose. Along with Myers, only Stan, Ponzo, and CBC are our legit big men. The rest are either wings or guards. Small ball naman hahaha.

Perhaps analyzed could let us know how many players are allowed per team. Please

EDIT:

I counted, and there are 14 names including Jose. One slot is up for grabs. Bigay na iyan kay Parks kasi. Daming arte.

Trans: dramaaaaaa

Comment

I agree just give ray parks a slot sayang yung chance for experience. he is one of the future pa naman ng team. stop the dramaaaaaaa

Comment

i rather put kobe at sf. his most comfortable position. if you put him on PF, it'll bring trouble on both sides on the floor for gilas. he's a combo sg/sf..
                  Last edited by Silent Killer; 06-23-2017, 04:13 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
                    Weird. The Jones Cup organizers allow up to 15 players per team (interchangeable), and with that in play, there are two slots available. Parks Jr. should get that slot + another big man like Raymar Jose. Along with Myers, only Stan, Ponzo, and CBC are our legit big men. The rest are either wings or guards. Small ball naman hahaha.

Perhaps analyzed could let us know how many players are allowed per team. Please

EDIT:

I counted, and there are 14 names including Jose. One slot is up for grabs. Bigay na iyan kay Parks kasi. Daming arte.

Trans: dramaaaaaa
                    I think you can have as many players as you want for the team/pool for as long as for every game, you can only use and play 12 players. Just like in last 2015 Jones Cup, I think Tab brought 16 plays, with 4 sitting out per game

Comment

i rather put kobe at sf. his most comfortable position. if you put him on PF, it'll bring trouble on both sides on the floor. he's a combo sg/sf..
                      He looks a bit chunky for a perimeter player. His handles and lateral quickness will be tested at SF.

Comment

that's a very small/short team for the jones cup. we'll need taller imports

Comment

Look at the Canadian team's roster:

3D Canada Official Roster Release for the 39th William Jones Cup. Celebrating Canada's 150th birthday, Team Canada 150, will be representing the nation in Taipei, Taiwan in this In

Half the players are 6'7" or taller! But I don't know their quality.

Gilas needs some solid imports!
                          Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

Originally posted by rzr_390 View Post
                            Look at the Canadian team's roster:

3D Canada Official Roster Release for the 39th William Jones Cup. Celebrating Canada's 150th birthday, Team Canada 150, will be representing the nation in Taipei, Taiwan in this In

Half the players are 6'7" or taller! But I don't know their quality.

Gilas needs some solid imports!
                            Oh they're only fielding 11 players so they'll be worn out near the end of the tournament hopefully!
                            Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

Roster for Jones cup

Mike Myers
                              Kobe Paras
                              Kiefer Ravena
                              Christian Standhardinger
                              RR Pogoy
                              Jio Jalalon
                              Matthew Wright
                              Mike Tolomia
                              Ed Daquioag
                              Carl Bryan Cruz
                              Kevin Ferrer
                              Fonzo Gotladera
                              Von Pessumal.
                              So really no PBA vets (Amer, Troy ), 6'9" Myers will be be our center with Standhardinger, i think you forgot Reymar Jose (so that's 14) , space for Parks pa but only if Belo drops out (not yet recovered)
                              Last edited by analyzed; 06-24-2017, 12:15 AM.
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information