Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm a bit confused on what is happening right now in the pba..
    first,the barakos traded away their main man cyrus baguio as well as celino cruz to the air21 express..maybe it is a sign of of red bull may disband after this season hope not
    second,the express will change their name to burger king next conference but the intriguing fact is manny pangilinan,the talk n text owner,is also a part owner of burger king then now the burger king and tnt may considered as a sister team right??
    third one is,the harbour center is keen on making it to the big league on what way they will be in the pba..it is in the form of acquiring an existing franchise in the pba or they will come to the pba as an expansion team??
    let's say that the harbour successfully make it to the pba next season or the next one..manny pangilinan is also part owner of harbour so if it will happen,talk n text,burger king as well as harbour will be sister teams,following the footstep of purefoods,ginebra and san miguel
    making more than half of league's team owned by just 2 person
    mvp and cojuangco,yes lina still owns the burger king and romero owns the harbour but mvp is their part owner so they are considered as sister teams..
    i hope it will not effect the parity in tems of players in the league..
    ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

Originally posted by mayfel View Post
      Get ready for Burger King
      THE Philippine Basketball Association is headed for interesting times with what may well turn out to be exciting changes in the continuing battle for leadership in the pro league.

But serious questions are likely to arise on the wheeling and dealing by Red Bull team manager Tony Chua, who has systematically presided over the decimation of a once proud and fiercely competitive champion squad, under current Philippine National Team coach Yeng Guiao.

Standard Today, www.insidesports.ph and Viva Sports has learned that the movement of the last two remaining key players from the Red Bull roster to Air21 may have been a prelude to strengthening the Express team prior to its evolving into Burger King.

The original word was that Cyrus Baguio was being shipped to Talk N Text, which has strengthened its lineup with the acquisition of Ranidel Ocampo in a trade for Don Allado. The Texters then flexed their awesome talent with an unmitigated mauling of crowd favorites Barangay Ginebra.

But even as Ginebra believed it had a so-called done deal with Chua on Monday night, the Red Bull manager inexplicably changed his mind and sent Baguio and Celino Cruz to Air21 to the consternation of the Ginebra coaching staff, headed by Jong Uichico.

Although the transfer was supposedly in exchange for future draft rights, nobody buys the story. It followed Red Bull’s regular weakening of its team which has seen its star players, including Enrico Villanueva, Lordy Tugade and Larry Fonacier, traded to San Miguel Beer and later Mick Pennisi, Junthy Valenzuela and Rich Alvarez.

It is no secret that Red Bull has unfortunately come upon some hard times and Chua, who is also the former PBA chairman, has been disposing of players that the big name, big budget teams want.

The Burger King franchise was initially bought by Air21 PBA team owner Bert Lina, with team manager Lito Alvarez as a partner, as well as Wilson Young and Bong Tan of the Lucio Tan group. Lina subsequently invited PLDT-Smart owner Manuel V. Pangilinan and former PBA chairman Ricky Vargas to join the group.

In an overseas telephone conversation with www.insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports from his Hong Kong office, Pangilinan said he invested 10 percent and that his investment and that of Vargas was a personal investment. “This is because neither PLDT, Smart or Metro Pacific had any business interest in Burger King, which is not within our expertise.”

Pangilinan said Mikee Romero, who owns the Philippine Basketball League champion team Harbour Centre, was keen on joining the PBA. He was sure that Romero, who “doesn’t like to lose,” will help build a very strong team, under the Burger King banner.

Pangilinan welcomed these developments, even as he made it clear that he was not interested in acquiring another team aside from Talk N Text.

Alvarez revealed that Pangilinan, who is acquiring Romero’s Harbour Centre port operations, had also invited the young businessman to join the group.
      http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?...ts2_dec25_2008

May pagtutulungan at pinagtutulungan itong Bugoy este Burger King

trans: Now we are in an exciting pba were power will be match by another power there is no more "siga" in the pba
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

i am still waiting for the statement of Alaska Aces and Sta. Lucia Realtors on this trades. I believe that they mostly questions this kind of trades.
        #parasabayan
        #GoGilas

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post
          ok if 1/4 of Araneta is good enough with you. Am just used to a standing room only Araneta during the times of Crispa-Toyota upto the 1990s, so that's why am saying I am dissapointed. But it is only this year compared to last year that there is a bit of improvement but based on PBA records gate-attendance in recent years were bad.
          I saw a glimpse of the PBA games in Araneta over at C/S 9 today, and again the attendance is pretty good, at least a couple of thousand people out there, on a Christmas day!!!
          Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
            I saw a glimpse of the PBA games in Araneta over at C/S 9 today, and again the attendance is pretty good, at least a couple of thousand people out there, on a Christmas day!!!
            They said it was a Sold-Out the First time the PBA did it this Season... I did saw the game on T.V. and it was great to see the Arenata full again...

Story of the Day, I think R. De Ocampo game winning shot against his former team...

Comment

Burger King to pay transfer or franchise fee?
              Updated December 26, 2008 12:00 AM

PBA commissioner Sonny Barrios is meeting with legal counsel Melvin Mendoza early next year to discuss the process Air21 will go through in its plan to transfer its franchise to Burger King.

The league officials will discuss whether Burger King will be required to pay a simple transfer fee or a steep franchise purchase fee.

“Off hand, I don’t think there will be a problem (in the franchise transfer). It’s really just about the fees involved,” said Barrios.

“The question is whether Burger King is wholly owned subsidiary, if not totally controlled, by the Lina Group or a subsidiary of another company with the Lina Group having an equity since it would involve different kind of fees,” Barrios added.

Sources estimate a new franchise to be worth no less than P60 million.

Air21 team manager Lito Alvarez has said they intend to play under the banner of Burger King starting next conference.

“We’ve achieved our target with Air21, and we now intend to promote another product under the Lina Group of Companies,” said Alvarez.

Alvarez admitted though that Burger King is not solely owned by the Lina Group. He said among their partners are Manny V. Pangilinan and Ricky Vargas of Smart-PLDT, Wilson Young of Tanduay and Mikee Romero of Harbour Centre.

A governor of another ball club, however, said Burger King can’t easily take over Air21 franchise.

“We’ll scrutinize its papers. The franchise (Air21) is owned by the Lina Group. We have to be sure the Lina Group is at least the majority owner of Burger King,” said the governor.

Alvarez has also announced their plan to acquire fiery Red Bull guard-forward Cyrus Baguio to beef up the team.

The Air21 top official told The STAR trade papers will be forwarded to the PBA office today, formalizing the deal also involving Celino Cruz for future Air21 draft picks
              A portal of daily newspapers covering Philippine news headlines, business, lifestyle, advertisement, sports and entertainment. Also delivers Manila and Cebu news.
              ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
                I was there in attendance...and knowing that Ginebra will play on the main game, Araneta was jampacked during Christmas
                It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Red Bull ready to unload Baguio
                  Cruz part of trade with either TNT or Air21

By Musong R. Castillo
                  Philippine Daily Inquirer
                  First Posted 02:57:00 12/24/2008

Filed Under: Basketball, Philippine Basketball Association (PBA)

MANILA, Philippines—Red Bull could be celebrating Christmas without the only star left in its vastly depleted lineup.

Cyrus Baguio is wildly rumored to be heading either to Talk ‘N Text or Air21 as the Christmas Day trading deadline in the KFC-PBA Philippine Cup draws near and the Barako already out of contention in the tournament.

Also likely to find himself a new team is reliable Red Bull guard Celino Cruz, who will be dealt to either of the two teams together with Baguio in a package deal.

If the deal pushes through, Red Bull’s depletion will reach a new high.

There have been persistent reports that Baguio and Cruz will be shipped elsewhere before the Thursday deadline.

According to reliable PBA sources, Talk ‘N Text and Air21—which, interestingly, will slug it out in a crucial game Thursday—are the two teams most interested in the Barako pair.

Baguio, who averaged a team-best 18 points per game—10th among top scorers in the KFC Philippine Cup—has been on the wish list of several teams, especially after his breakout season last year when he also led the Barako in scoring.

It is not clear, however, what the Barako will get in return for Baguio.

Red Bull had been involved in previous one-sided trades, including a trio of deals this season that unloaded Mick Pennisi, Rich Alvarez and Topex Robinson.

Another source said it looks like Red Bull is again ready to trade away its two remaining stars for a song.

In the not-so-distant past, the Barako gave up mainstays Enrico Villanueva, Lordy Tugade, Junthy Valenzuela, Kerby Raymundo and two-time MVP Willie Miller in deals that many speculated involved a good amount of cash.

The departure of Pennisi, Alvarez and Robinson last year made Baguio the only remaining big commodity in the once-mighty ballclub.

Cruz, who normed close to nine points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 13 games, is one of the league’s strongest guards at the clutch. He shot close to 40 percent from three-point range in the KFC Philippine Cup.
                  It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                  I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

i'm a bit confused on what is happening right now in the pba..
                    first,the barakos traded away their main man cyrus baguio as well as celino cruz to the air21 express..maybe it is a sign of of red bull may disband after this season hope not
                    second,the express will change their name to burger king next conference but the intriguing fact is manny pangilinan,the talk n text owner,is also a part owner of burger king then now the burger king and tnt may considered as a sister team right??
                    third one is,the harbour center is keen on making it to the big league on what way they will be in the pba..it is in the form of acquiring an existing franchise in the pba or they will come to the pba as an expansion team??
                    let's say that the harbour successfully make it to the pba next season or the next one..manny pangilinan is also part owner of harbour so if it will happen,talk n text,burger king as well as harbour will be sister teams,following the footstep of purefoods,ginebra and san miguel
                    making more than half of league's team owned by just 2 person
                    mvp and cojuangco,yes lina still owns the burger king and romero owns the harbour but mvp is their part owner so they are considered as sister teams..
                    i hope it will not effect the parity in tems of players in the league..
                    the linas and romeros are already minority owners of burger king and harbour centre as it was MVP who bailed them out of impending financial colapse of their companies by infusing capital.

It is just Danding and MVP who are willing to have their spare money go to sports. Not many businesses have spare money anymore to sponsor and maintain sports teams. Majority of you does not realize how big the financial crisis is and how it has affected a lot of businesses. Just wait by the first quarter of 2009, by that time we'll see which coutries can still stand-up. A lot of our rich millionaires lost money when the banks the other financial institutions where there money is at had gone bankrupt and they were unable to withdraw what they have deposited and earned thru time. A lot of OFWs and Filipino Migrants were already told that they would be retrenched and majority of whom would be forced to return home.
                    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ricodgame View Post
                      i am still waiting for the statement of Alaska Aces and Sta. Lucia Realtors on this trades. I believe that they mostly questions this kind of trades.
                      both also have there own more pressing problems with regards to their own finances than complain what's happening in the PBA. Sta Lucia for one is really in very deep trouble as they have a lot of subdivision units and condominium units which remains unsold or are not under lease.
                      LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                      Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post
                        the linas and romeros are already minority owners of burger king and harbour centre as it was MVP who bailed them out of impending financial colapse of their companies by infusing capital.

It is just Danding and MVP who are willing to have their spare money go to sports. Not many businesses have spare money anymore to sponsor and maintain sports teams. Majority of you does not realize how big the financial crisis is and how it has affected a lot of businesses. Just wait by the first quarter of 2009, by that time we'll see which coutries can still stand-up. A lot of our rich millionaires lost money when the banks the other financial institutions where there money is at had gone bankrupt and they were unable to withdraw what they have deposited and earned thru time. A lot of OFWs and Filipino Migrants were already told that they would be retrenched and majority of whom would be forced to return home.
                        very well said sir nardy... the problem is if those teams can't overcome their own financial crisis,they will force to disband their teams in the pba..how sad but it is the reality..i remember my marketing professor..he said that when their is a recession in the economy many investors and companies cut their budget in advertising as well as their budget in manufacturing but their is one company who instead of following the thread in the market,they double their effort in advertising and put money on their manufacturing..then after the recession,the company who double their effort in marketing still stood up while the companies who cut their budget folded up in the market..the reason is the market still knows the company who double their effort in advertising unlike the former.. i hope it will also apply to the teams of pba...it's sad to see the league to have fewer teams coz it will affect our interest and passion in the sports of basketball

Comment

With Cyrus Baguio's addition to Air21 that I guess will compensate the scoring they will miss from Ranidel De Ocampo.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                            With Cyrus Baguio's addition to Air21 that I guess will compensate the scoring they will miss from Ranidel De Ocampo.
                            the question is can gary david and cyrus baguio can jell together??
                            they are both 6"1 and playing the 2 guard position so they defenitely sher in minutes and the fact that david wants the ball in his hands more often
                            i hope coach perasol can address this problem..they going to face the james yap led purefoods in the wildcard and the winner between smb and coke to the last quaterfinals berth..

Comment

the question is can gary david and cyrus baguio can jell together??
                              they are both 6"1 and playing the 2 guard position so they defenitely sher in minutes and the fact that david wants the ball in his hands more often
                              i hope coach perasol can address this problem..they going to face the james yap led purefoods in the wildcard and the winner between smb and coke to the last quaterfinals berth..
                              I think they can jell together.
                              Since Baguio is new to the team, we may see him come off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                                I think they can jell together.
                                Since Baguio is new to the team, we may see him come off the bench.
                                but they have no time for jelling..as i said in my post that they will facing a do or die game on sunday and if they will prevail they will having their second straight do or die game this time againts the winner of smb and coke

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information