No announcement yet.

Official Brgy. Ginebra San Miguel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junjun Cabatu was hardly a factor for Alaska. They've got Reynel Hugnatan, Sonny Thoss, and now Joe Devance.

Cabatu so far only had 1 impressive game. Let's see as the season progresses if he can live up to that. Solomon Mercado for one, after a 29 point debut, had his numbers decreasing every game.
    For latest PBA news and updates, check

http://pbanews.blogspot.com/

Comment

ginebra loss last night againts red bull is a wake up call for the kings
      1st tubid get ejected on 2nd quarter with more than 9 minutes left
      2nd they rely to much on helterbrand
      i think the coaching staff must adressed this problems now tjat caguioa,reavis and mamaril are not available..\hope the kings will bounce back
      ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

Originally posted by bognut
        i wonder why alaska gave up this dude...

not even a trade? they just let him go...
        to think that it was Nic Belasco who was traded for him. It is just like they gave Belasco for no one
        #parasabayan
        #GoGilas

Comment

another devastating loss for our beloved ginebra
          i hope they will bounce back but with their currrent line up i doubt it
          we need cagiuoa back in action because he and jayjay are the heart and soul of kings
          ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

they really need the presence of Mark CAguioa, they don't have any "spark" in their game at all.
            ..Impossible is nothing, Just Do It!..
            ..you're bringing the name in front of your jersey, not the one at the back..

Comment

Air21 Trade Party

26 Jan 2009

The Air21 Express made a big move, trading away some players, while clearing some space for key players in preparation for the upcoming Fiesta Conference.

While waiting for the PBA Board to approve their request to be known as Burger King in the next tournament, the Express shook up their roster by trading four key players in separate deals with Purefoods and Barangay Ginebra.

Don Allado, recently acqired from te Talk 'N Text Phone Pals, and KG Canaleta was traded to Purfoods for third-string point guard Chico Lanete, Chad Alonzo , rookie Beau Belga and a 2013 1st round draft pick.

Then the Express sent JC Intal, Doug Kramer and Lanete to the Brgy. Ginebra Kings for its 2012 and 2013 1st round picks.

“These trades are properly planned with the thought of Air21 being competitive this season and in the future,” said Lito Alvarez, Air21’s representative to the PBA Board of Governors. “We wanted to have a balanced lineup without sacrificing quality.”

Alvarez said he hopes the trade would erase the perception that the team is only dealing with Talk ’N Text, the team owned by Manny V. Pangilinan, a minority stockholder in Burger King.

Purefoods, Air21, Ginebra shake up PBA rosters

01/26/2009 | 08:24 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | ShareThis

MANILA, Philippines – Already sidelined in the KFC-Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) Philippine Cup, but Purefoods, Air21 and Ginebra still managed to make some last-minute noise just as the season-opening tournament reaches its climax.

On Monday, the Express traded KG Canaleta and Don Allado to the Giants and JC Intal and Doug Kramer to the Kings in a surprising move that shook a line-up previously regarded as a certified contender next conference following the entry of Yeng Guiao as head coach.

The Bert Lina franchise in return got Chad Alonzo, Beau Belga and tough guard Chico Lanete from the Giants plus a 2013 first round pick. They then included Lanete in the deal that sent Intal and Kramer to the Gin Kings in exchange for first round draft choices in 2012 and 2013.

Lito Alvarez, team manager of Air21, confirmed the deal, saying that the move was “properly planned" even though some will surely look at it as a one-sided pact favoring the two sister ball clubs.

“We have a surplus of players with the entry of Cyrus (Baguio) and Celino (Cruz)," said Alvarez. “What we did was to balance our line-up with a properly-planned trade. We are happy with the talents we’ve got. We opted for 2012 and 2013 picks thinking that’s the time when Wynne (Arboleda) and Homer Se are retiring."

Purefoods coach Ryan Gregorio said the entry of Canaleta and Allado is a sure-fire boost to a team that just came off from an unmemorable performance in the KFC PBA Philippine Cup wherein the Giants finished eighth.

“Allado will help us strengthen our rotation in the No.4 (power forward) and No.5 (center) spots. He is a deadly perimeter shooter and has solid post moves while KG is an explosive scorer who can score from the inside and all the way from the three. He is a consistent scorer who can complement the game of Kerby (Raymundo), James (Yap) and Rico (Villanueva)."

For his part, Jong Uichico of Ginebra said that Intal and Kramer will “just fill in our injured spots".

The Gin Kings still have Rafi Reavies and Mark Caguioa on the injured list, one of the key reasons why they bowed out of contention in the ongoing tournament, losing to San Miguel in three games in the quarterfinals. – GMANews.TV

Comment

Rod Nealy is the most dominant Import this Conference after scoring 42 points, grabbing 23 rebounds, and dishing 9 assists as Ginebra defeated the Coca Cola Tigers, 110-103.

The scores:

Ginebra 110 -- Nealy 42, Salvacion 17, Helterbrand 15, Artadi 10, Wilson 8, Tubid 6, Reavis 6, Lanete 4, Intal 2, Menk 0.

Coca-Cola 103 -- Sullinger 28, Cabagnot 22, Buenafe 18, Taulava 14, Macapagal 10, Telan 9, Misolas 2, Calimag 0, Dimaunahan 0, Belasco 0.

Quarterscores: 26-27, 54-45, 79-71, 110-103

Comment

Hello mga KABARANGGAY!....

Comment

I hope JC Intal will blossom now in BGK...it is now or never..
                    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

My future hopes for BGK this conference and the years to come:

BGK trade Eric Menk for someone younger..like Carlo Sharma to help Billy Mamaril down low..

Unload their already congested back court. I think Paul Artadi is disposable since Macky Escalona can back-up Jay-jay and shoot from the outside and u have Chico Lanete already..who can be a spark playing 1 or 2. Maybe loading the front line with additional bigmen will do...

Comment

Originally posted by twotimer247 View Post

BGK trade Eric Menk for someone younger..like Carlo Sharma to help Billy Mamaril down low..

Unload their already congested back court. I think Paul Artadi is disposable since Macky Escalona can back-up Jay-jay and shoot from the outside and u have Chico Lanete already..who can be a spark playing 1 or 2. Maybe loading the front line with additional bigmen will do...

why unload Artadi? why not unload Escalona?
                        I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by twotimer247 View Post

Escalona? He'll have to prove he belongs first. He was better than Artadi was when he first came into the league, but now that Artadi's shooting from the outside, Escalona will have a hard time getting PT. He isn't that quick as Artadi and his shooting isn't as good as Lanete's. He could be a PG for another team, though. Maybe Air21 when they unload Arboleda.
                          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

maybe twotimer247 is an Atenean..

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post
                              maybe twotimer247 is an Atenean..
                              Hey, I resent that! I'm an Atenista too!
                              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

I'm surprised Escalona is still in the PBA, I don't know how long the Gin Kings signed him but I thought after his rookie season he was going back to the PBL or become a reserved. I predict this will be his last season and he'll soon be headed back to the PBL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information