PDA

View Full Version : Mohammadsamad NIKKHAH in France?

karadoc
08-18-2008, 02:55 PM
a rumour announces NIKKHAH in cholet.

Is it possible?

rikhardur
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Is it possible?
Looks like it's true: http://forums.interbasket.net/showpost.php?p=197498&postcount=25

karadoc
08-18-2008, 04:47 PM
thanks you

mohsena2631
08-18-2008, 08:27 PM

Is it possible?

yeah, today he said in a TV interview that he joined this team 100%.

his full name is Mohammad Samad NIKKHAH BAHRAMI, but nobody call him Mohammad or Mohamamd Samad. we know him as Samad.

rikhardur
08-18-2008, 08:38 PM
his full name is Mohammad Samad NIKKHAH BAHRAMI, but nobody call him Mohammad or Mohamamd Samad. we know him as Samad.
Btw is there any special reason why he is often refered to as Nikkhah and not Bahrami (since it's his last name)?

mohsena2631
08-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Btw is there any special reason why he is often refered to as Nikkhah and not Bahrami (since it's his last name)?

hi rik, iranian names are similar to western names. only given name and surname (no middle name). sometimes Iranian surnames are two separate words. and often (not always) the second word is long and strange. and iranians often use the first part of surname. (sometimes the second part is the name of a city or town)

examples :
Jaber ROUZBAHANI DARRESARI
Asghar KARDOUST POUSTINSARAEI

i am sure, nobody knows Jaber as Darresari !

his surname is Nikkhah Bahrami. and Bahrami is not a strange word. for this reason sometimes he call as Bahrami. it is not a rule but often the first part is more useful, his father was my teacher and everybody knows him as Bahrami and not Nikkhah !

rikhardur
08-18-2008, 09:23 PM
hi rik, iranian names are similar to western names. only given name and surname (no middle name). sometimes Iranian surnames are two separate words. and often (not always) the second word is long and strange. and iranians often use the first part of surname. (sometimes the second part is the name of a city or town)

examples :
Jaber ROUZBAHANI DARRESARI
Asghar KARDOUST POUSTINSARAEI

i am sure, nobody knows Jaber as Darresari !

his surname is Nikkhah Bahrami. and Bahrami is not a strange word. for this reason sometimes he call as Bahrami. it is not a rule but often the first part is more useful, his father was my teacher and everybody knows him as Bahrami and not Nikkhah !
Thanks mohsena, really interesting :)

anoine
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi everybody,

i'm from Cholet where tihs player is supposed to have signed (there is not official news yet here!)

Can you tell me more about Nikkhah???

Nobody knows Iranian basketball in France and everybody's wondering if he is able to be an impact player in France and in Europe...?

What do you think about that? Can he be THE surprise?

Thanks

princeofpersia1
08-23-2008, 12:51 AM
The news is now official (http://www.cholet-basket.com/News/Detail.aspx?News=&NumCategorie=2&NumActualite=1253).

Tell us about Cholet as a club and a city, will he be playing in a high standard team/league? Have Cholet got many fans?

anoine
08-23-2008, 10:17 AM
The news is now official (http://www.cholet-basket.com/News/Detail.aspx?News=&NumCategorie=2&NumActualite=1253).

Tell us about Cholet as a club and a city, will he be playing in a high standard team/league? Have Cholet got many fans?

Cholet is one of the 5-6 best team in France since more than 20 years, we won few french cups and most of the time we are qualified to play European Leagues. In Europe, the french league isn't one of the best.
Cholet Basket is famous for the formation, good players started here, Antoine Rigaudeau and Jim Bilba (two of the best players in Europe in the 1990'), Mike Gelabale who play for Seattle in NBA...and Nando DeColo who is the leader of our team (you will ear about him in Europe or in NBA in a couple of years). Our coach Kunter is famous too, very good teams wanted to buy him last summer, he played and coached for Turkey national teams.

The city is on the french west coast, not far from the beaches and 3hours driving from Paris, 60 000 habitants are living there and the arena contain 4-5000 fans.

So can you tell me more about this guy? is he serious and hard-worker?

princeofpersia1
08-24-2008, 09:23 PM
He is a very committed and disciplined player. His brother died in a car accident last year and that affected him a lot but if anything acted as a reason for him to play his best at the olympics. He is a very skilled player and at 6-7 certainly isn't a small guy.

His level of english is good, so it shouldn't be hard for him to communicate to other players and the coach etc, this is thanks to him having many American teammates over the years like Garth Joseph, Tony Madison, Arthur Long, Andre Pitts etc etc.

He even used to play alongside one of the French NT players Makan Dioumassi at Saba Battery.

anoine
08-24-2008, 11:48 PM
During the olympic games, he shot a lot and his percentage isn't perfect!
He scored 17,2 points and his efficiency is poor : 8,8!!!!

He doesn't help teammates for the rebounds and his defence looks bad!?
In general, he is a leader, and i wonder if he is able to play for the team instead of playing for himself?

I'm not trying to show that he is a bad player (i don't know him yet and i hope he is good!), i analysed his statistics and i just try to understand!?

daniab
08-25-2008, 05:19 AM

In general, he is a leader, and i wonder if he is able to play for the team instead of playing for himself?

I'm not trying to show that he is a bad player (i don't know him yet and i hope he is good!), i analysed his statistics and i just try to understand!?

defence looks bad ?
allow me just to disagree with you here,for me Samad is a great defender with his size 6-7',he can defend player smaller than him with the same effectiveness.According his offense,maybe hes not Perfect but he's good.

mohsena2631
08-25-2008, 10:01 PM

sorry but your analysis is wrong. his shot percentage is low because he is always marked and unfortunately after death of Aidin we had not any substitute for him.

and his defence is good, but in national team we doesn't need his rebounds.

but he is a little selfish, he is obstinate if he miss a shot he try again and if he miss again he try again ! i remember in olympic (agains Croatia) he missed 4 balls in a row in 2 mins !

if i am not wrong, he lived 1 year in france for education (6 or 7 years ago) maybe this factor can help him.

princeofpersia1
08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
He arrived yesterday in Cholet with his wife and watched the friendly vs Le Mans from the sidelines. Samad has been assigned the no. 6 shirt.

princeofpersia1
09-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Samad Nikkhah was introduced to the press today

http://www.cholet-basket.com/UserFiles/Image/Evnements/Saison%202008-2009/Conference%20de%20presse%20-%20debut%20de%20saison/Samad.jpg

maman
09-04-2008, 02:56 PM
yeah, today he said in a TV interview that he joined this team 100%.

thank u all for writing about my love my life my hero my idin and idinsamad .........May God bless u all

maman
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
sorry but your analysis is wrong. his shot percentage is low because he is always marked and unfortunately after death of Aidin we had not any substitute for him.

and his defence is good, but in national team we doesn't need his rebounds.

but he is a little selfish, he is obstinate if he miss a shot he try again and if he miss again he try again ! i remember in olympic (agains Croatia) he missed 4 balls in a row in 2 mins !

if i am not wrong, he lived 1 year in france for education (6 or 7 years ago) maybe this factor can help him.
samad palyed as a leader he played for all of his teammate. He did not show up..... and after ............IDINAM ...samd tried hard to be able to play better than ever.......May God bless u all

Ishmael
09-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Samad is the heart and soul of the National team of Iran, this is good news, I believe John Amaechi played in Cholet

damelo
09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
So did Antoine Rigaudeau, Mickael Gelabale, Scooter Barry...
It's a club known in France for its formation.

maman
09-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Samad is the heart and soul of the National team of Iran, this is good news, I believe John Amaechi played in Cholet
Yes it is true...................God bless u

maman
09-10-2008, 09:09 PM
thank u dear....
In olympic samad was every second looking for idin's presence....!!!????He was present then and smiling...............no body can see he but my heart and samad,s heart felt him samad needed to be with idin there........... yes the soul of IDIN is with samad and samad is the heart and the soul of national team of Iran................................
God bless u all

Khalid80
09-10-2008, 09:31 PM
thank u dear....
In olympic samad was every second looking for idin's presence....!!!????He was present then and smiling...............no body can see he but my heart and samad,s heart felt him samad needed to be with idin there........... yes the soul of IDIN is with samad and samad is the heart and the soul of national team of Iran................................
God bless u all

Hi Maman! Welcome to the Forums :) Hope u have a nice time here :)
By the way I noticed from ur posts that u really care about the Bahrami brothers. Do u know them in person and did u ever get the chance to meet them?
What happened to Aidin (RIP) was truly shocking and very sad to all the basketball fans around the world :( .

maman
09-12-2008, 08:59 PM
By the way I noticed from ur posts that u really care about the Bahrami brothers. Do u know them in person and did u ever get the chance to meet them?
What happened to Aidin (RIP) was truly shocking and very sad to all the basketball fans around the world :( .
Thank u
Idin and samad are my sons ....................!!
I can't believe never never that my son my hero my idin…….will never come back to me.........................every where every second I am trying I hope I need to fined him. To hear about him !!!!!.............................this is the reason why I am also here.............
God bless u

daniab
09-12-2008, 09:34 PM
God Bless you "Maman" !!

aidin is still alive in our hearts,im not iranian but his death is terrible nd so sad for all who knew Aidin (RIP) who was completely full of life !
His brother Samad,will continue what Aidin was looking for,and i hope Samad will have a great success wherever he plays.

maman
09-12-2008, 10:56 PM
thank u
Why am I alive yet???!!!!
They are my life, they are my life inspiration, they are my heros.... they are the iran heros.
If idin were with samad, if he were there samad could play much much better and the reasult in olympic was much higher than now........
May God bless u and u all

mvblair
09-13-2008, 02:56 AM
Thank u
I can't believe never never that my son my hero my idin…….will never come back to me.........................every where every second I am trying I hope I need to fined him. To hear about him !!!!!.............................this is the reason why I am also here.............
God bless u
Thanks for joining the website, Maman. Nothing that we write on the internet will make you feel better, but I want you to know that we all enjoyed watching your sons play.

We're all terribly sorry for your family and country's loss. Aidin was not only a tremendous basketball player, but he was also a tremendous human according to everyone who knew him. You should be very proud of him. He was a wonderful ambassador for the country. It's a shame that we lost him so young. Fortunately, he is in a better place now.

Samad will continue to be the ambassador that Aidin was. Samad is also an incredibly gifted player, like his brother. I'm glad that he is in France, because it will be easier for his fans on the internet to follow his career. Please tell him that we're all cheering for his success!

--Matt

maman
09-13-2008, 03:13 AM
God Bless you "Maman" !!

aidin is still alive in our hearts,im not iranian but his death is terrible nd so sad for all who knew Aidin (RIP) who was completely full of life !
His brother Samad,will continue what Aidin was looking for,and i hope Samad will have a great success wherever he plays.
thank u dear daniab.
I hope u be successful in all of your life with happiness.
Yes Idin was full of love and life he was unbelievable kind and high positive energy. He loves the people. I wish nobody forget him …………………
God bless u all

Khalid80
09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Thank u
God bless u
Dear "Maman" God Bless u!!
Ur picture in Utah when they gave u the jersey of Idin was very sad and emotional to all of us.
But like u we r all very proud of what Idin and Samad have done for Iran!
We will always remember ur son Idin and he will have a special place in our hearts. He truly was a hero and hopefully Samad will carry on what he did.

Salam

satria_muda
09-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi maman..Im basketball fans from Indonesia and Im also Fans of your sons,

its amazing watching them both play during Asian championship in Japan, we here very sad and emotional when we lost Aidin but dont worry we here,especially me always remember Him..

Hope God always give your family Happiness and succesfull life

Saif

satria_muda
09-13-2008, 04:30 PM
about Samad in Cholet anyone here who can speak French, can you transalate this article, I only now that Samad is the lead scorer in that game...

thanks for you advance

Belle victoire Choletaise
Posté le 13/09/2008 dans ProA

Bien qu'amoindri (Michael Lee blessé au genou, Michael Mokongo laissé au repos genou douloureux, Nando De colo et Claude Marquis avec l'équipe de France) Cholet a trouvé des ressources pour s'offrir une place en finale du Tournoi de la Sarthe

Les Choletais débutent la rencontre avec beaucoup de détermination et grâce à l'adresse de Samad Nikkhah (2 tirs à 3pts) et Rodrigue Beaubois très entreprenant pour son retour à la compétition (2 tirs à 3 pts) et 9 d'évaluation prennent l'ascendant au score dans ce 1er 1/4 temps(20-12) La rentrée de Josh Duncan (7 pts en 6mn) redonne de l'énergie à l'équipe du Président Didier Gadou.

Dans le 2ème 1/4 temps, les Palois reviennent aux score avec l'aide de leur intérieur Hiram Fuller (7pts) mais Thomas Larrouquis très agressif bien soutenu par Christophe Léonard (1ère apparition sous les couleurs du maillot des mauges - 6 mn 2pts-2rebonds-2FP) ne lâchent rien. Les 2 équipes retournent aux vestaires dos à dos (33-33).

Un 3éme 1/4 temps équilibré, les deux équipes se rendent coup sur coup avec un Randal Falker omniprésent (8pts-3 rbs) et un Kévin Séraphin nullement impressionné permettent aux joueurs d'Erman Kunter de rester au contact 52-53 des coéquipiers de Fréderic Moncade.

Dans ce dernier 1/4 temps les choletais souffrent mais Samad Nikkhah qui réalise sa meilleure prestation depuis son arrivée (16 pts à 4/5 à 3pts et 19 évaluation) résistent. On croyait que les Palois semblaient avoir pris une option (59-64 à la 36 éme mn) mais CB se rapproche et fini en boulet de canon (14-2 en 2mn) sous l'impulsion de Rodrigue Beaubois plein de culot (8 pts) et s'offre une place en finale contre une équipe du Mans impressionnante contre Roanne.

Victoire 73-68 (20-12 / 13-21/ 19-20 / 21- 15)

Samad Nikkhah 26 mn 16 pts 19 évalutation - Thomas Larrouquis 34 mn 13 pts 5rbs 5pds 15 évlt - Rodrigue Beaubois 33 mn 14 pts 5pds 15 évlt - Chrisptohe Leonard 10 mn 2pts 3rbs 3évlt - Randal Falker 29 mn 16 pts 8rds 5fpr 21 évlt - Alan Wiggins 33 mn 8 pts 4rbs 9 évlt - Kévin Séraphin 17 mn 4pts 4 rbs 6 évlt - Kévin Idomenee 9 mn - Steeve Ho You Fat 9 mn

Ishmael
09-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Thank u
God bless u

salam Maman jhan, I am sorry for your lost, Aidin was an amazing basketball player and from what Ive read and heard, he was ten times that as a person. I wish Samad all the best in France, he will always be the heart and soul of the Iranian national team, I saw him play in Utah and he carried the Iranian team with his heart.

maman
09-14-2008, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=Ishmael]salam Maman jhan, I am sorry for your lost, Aidin was an amazing basketball player and from what Ive read and heard, he was ten times that as a person. I wish Samad all the best in France, he will always be the heart and soul of the Iranian national team, I saw him play in Utah and he carried the Iranian team with his heart.
Thank you all, tahnk you dear daniab,Ishmael, khalid 80, staria and......... all of you for your kind words and your beautifull filling about my sons.Everytime,i see posts regarding my hero my Idin,i become hopeful and I wish that Idin memory will never be forgotten! I wish and know Samad will do his best to fill in the void that was left by his brother Idin.

God bless you all,
Mamman

maman
09-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for joining the website, Maman. Nothing that we write on the internet will make you feel better, but I want you to know that we all enjoyed watching your sons play.

We're all terribly sorry for your family and country's loss. Aidin was not only a tremendous basketball player, but he was also a tremendous human according to everyone who knew him. You should be very proud of him. He was a wonderful ambassador for the country. It's a shame that we lost him so young. Fortunately, he is in a better place now.

Samad will continue to be the ambassador that Aidin was. Samad is also an incredibly gifted player, like his brother. I'm glad that he is in France, because it will be easier for his fans on the internet to follow his career. Please tell him that we're all cheering for his success!

--Matt

Dear mvbair,
Thank you very much. I deeply appreciate your kind words in constant revival of Aidin's memory and your positive stance in your support for Samad.

In return to your kindness and that which is apparent of the community of this forum, I have nothing to offer but my fondest wishes for perseverance in goodness and all that you stand for.

May God bless you all.

maman

maman
09-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Dear mvbair,
Thank you very much. I deeply appreciate your kind words in constant revival of Aidin's memory and your positive stance in your support for Samad.

In return to your kindness and that which is apparent of the community of this forum, I have nothing to offer but my fondest wishes for perseverance in goodness and all that you stand for.

May God bless you all.

maman

maman
09-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Dear "Maman" God Bless u!!
Ur picture in Utah when they gave u the jersey of Idin was very sad and emotional to all of us.
But like u we r all very proud of what Idin and Samad have done for Iran!
We will always remember ur son Idin and he will have a special place in our hearts. He truly was a hero and hopefully Samad will carry on what he did.

Salam
Dear khalid80,

At that momonet ("the picture").........A team jersy wiyh the name and number of my hero,my son, my idin to be more than fulfill his dream of plying basketball in the US--that was a precious moment in my life far from constant longing for his presence...........................

May Gosd bless you all

mohsena2631
09-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Thank u
God bless u

سلام خانم بهرامی
آیدین تو قلب تمام بسکتبالدوستهای ایران همیشه زنده باقی میمونه ، من هر وقت که یاد بسکتبال میفتم ، یاد آیدین عزیز هم میفتم.
ان شا الله که صمد همیشه سالم باشه و یاد برادرش رو هم بیشتر از قبل زنده نگه داره.

translate:
Aidin is alive in heart of the iranian people and will stay forever. i remember him in every basketball minutes. god bless his soul.

maman
09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
سلام خانم بهرامی
آیدین تو قلب تمام بسکتبالدوستهای ایران همیشه زنده باقی میمونه ، من هر وقت که یاد بسکتبال میفتم ، یاد آیدین عزیز هم میفتم.
ان شا الله که صمد همیشه سالم باشه و یاد برادرش رو هم بیشتر از قبل زنده نگه داره.

translate:
Aidin is alive in heart of the iranian people and will stay forever. i remember him in every basketball minutes. god bless his soul.

Dear mohsena2631,

thank u so much for your kind words and loving Idin's memory. I appreciate all people who during at this very very hard time praying for my family and giving us love and friendship to able to continue .
I deeply wish all happiness and successes for you all.

May God bless you

maman
09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi every body,
Az i told you I am deeply appriciate you all for your kind posts and thank you very much for you are being good host and your hospitality. this a link of samad's interview in Cholet baskettball team.

with best wishes and happiness for you all;
God bless u all,

maman
http://www.canalcholet.com/20080911400/Articles/Sport/Cholet-Basket.html

damelo
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM
If you want translation from French, as they speak in French over the English... ask... i'm lazy, sorry^^

maman
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Tank u, no dear I didn't mean u translates it. It was just as an information for who are interrested in samad's basketball!!! and every body can understand it. Wish u all happiness and success in your life.

God bless u all
maman

rikhardur
09-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Bad news (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?p=212300&highlight=nikkah#post212300) :(

Khalid80
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Any news where Samad might be heading after leaving France?

princeofpersia1
10-04-2008, 11:46 AM
He has offers from Germany

Khalid80
10-04-2008, 12:30 PM

Is there a possibillity for him to return to Iran or is that out of question since he is looking for an opportunity to play in Europe?

princeofpersia1
10-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't think so, but whatever he does he has to do it soon because the season begins in a few weeks.

I think the likelyhood is that he'll sign with a German team, if all else fails he'll probably go back to Iran to play for Saba Battery or Mahram.

mohsena2631
10-04-2008, 06:20 PM

source ? :confused:

did u read this page (http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=757903) ?

I don't think so, but whatever he does he has to do it soon because the season begins in a few weeks.

I think the likelyhood is that he'll sign with a German team, if all else fails he'll probably go back to Iran to play for Saba Battery or Mahram.

for domestic players deadline is this monday 16:00 PM ! :confused:
Saba already has 3 NT players (Afagh, Kardoust, Veisi) ! if he want to play in Iran, Mahram is the lone choice :D

Ishmael
10-04-2008, 07:45 PM
moshen jhan can you write it in english, I cannot read farsi, or use the english alphabet, I am sorry. the russians made us lose our herritage...

mohsena2631
10-05-2008, 01:00 PM
moshen jhan can you write it in english, I cannot read farsi, or use the english alphabet, I am sorry. the russians made us lose our herritage...

it is an interview with Samad about his life in France (4 days ago)

and he said that he may miss first week of French League because of administrative problems !

Ishmael
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
mercy moshen jhan, hmm, does this mean he still plays for france or not?

Khalid80
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
it is an interview with Samad about his life in France (4 days ago)

and he said that he may miss first week of French League because of administrative problems !

I heard that it might be because there is a chance that his team in France might end up playing against an Israeli team. But if that's the issue then playing in Europe won't be a good decision cuz there is always a slight chance that any team he plays with might play against an Israeli team.

mohsena2631
10-06-2008, 12:04 PM
mercy moshen jhan, hmm, does this mean he still plays for france or not?

no, he finished with Cholet ! iranian media confirmed it today.

maman
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Tank u, no dear I didn't mean u translates it. It was just as an information for who are interrested in samad's basketball!!! and every body can understand it. Wish u all happiness and success in your life.

God bless u all
maman

Samad wants to do his best for Iranian basket , himself and idin memory, therefore he will try to do the best decision in few days. I hope God help him……………..
God bless u all

Ishmael
10-06-2008, 11:33 PM
maman jhan, Samad will do his best, he wont let his country, you, his fans, and especially his brother down. he will play in europe.

sinobball
10-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Rumor has it that Chinese team (namely Shanghai) is after him... How likely for any Iranian NT player to play in CBA?

anoine
10-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Nikkah is going to sign a contract with Pau ?? http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=194:en-bref&catid=66:dernieres-news&Itemid=66

Pau is in France and is wife family comes from there, Pau need players so...

In Cholet, i've seen him playing during the pre-season and a lot of people were waiting more from him, he was not showing regularity (it's normal, he needs to adapt his game!) but if he left Cholet it's because of administrative reason (in European League)!

Khalid80
10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Nikkah is going to sign a contract with Pau ?? http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=194:en-bref&catid=66:dernieres-news&Itemid=66

Pau is in France and is wife family comes from there, Pau need players so...

In Cholet, i've seen him playing during the pre-season and a lot of people were waiting more from him, he was not showing regularity (it's normal, he needs to adapt his game!) but if he left Cholet it's because of administrative reason (in European League)!

I remember Pau Orthez always used to be one of the best French teams ever, but I don't know why they haven't been doing so good over the last few years.

mohsena2631
10-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Rumor has it that Chinese team (namely Shanghai) is after him... How likely for any Iranian NT player to play in CBA?

it is a little out of mind, but it is not impossible ! especially because of iranian new league laws ! Iranian clubs cant have more than 3 NT players.

iranian top clubs already chosed their NT players

Saba has Afagh, Kardoust, Veisi
Mahram has Kamrani, Rezaee, Sohrabnejad
Beem has Tajik, Nabipoor, Zandi
Petrochimi has Davarpanah, Davari, Nezafat
Zob Ahan has Jaber, Oshin, Akbari, Aren, Baheran

remaining NT players:
Haddadi (Memphis), Nikkhah, Doraghi, Amini, Zarghi, Paknejad and Honardoost

i hope Samad chose the best decision, he deserves more

damelo
10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I remember Pau Orthez always used to be one of the best French teams ever, but I don't know why they haven't been doing so good over the last few years.

Bad choices, and the team is at its ceiling financially speaking. Pau is only a little town...

maman
10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
maman jhan, Samad will do his best, he wont let his country, you, his fans, and especially his brother down. he will play in europe.
mersi esmail, yes I am sure, I hope all the best for u all
God bless u

mohsena2631
10-10-2008, 05:27 PM
according to Mahram relative:

Samad is negotiating with a french club and a D-league team,
anything else he will back to Mahram.

Khalid80
10-10-2008, 06:00 PM
according to Mahram relative:

Samad is negotiating with a french club and a D-league team,
anything else he will back to Mahram.

Samad should keep Mahram as his last choice. Now is his best chance to try his luck to play outside Iran. I hope something well works out him Inshallah.

sinobball
10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
from fiba.com

IRI – Iran captain Samad now looking for new club

PAU (National team) - Samad Nikkhah Bahrami had hoped for a smooth transition from Iranian to European basketball after the Olympics but that hasn't been the case for the Iran captain.

Samad, who averaged 17.2 points at the Beijing Games, agreed by mutual consent to part with French side Cholet because of visa-related complications he was encountering that would hinder his ability to travel to the club's EuroCup qualifying games outside of France.

The offensive-minded player said to FIBA.com that he needs visas to enter countries like Lithuania and Croatia.

Clubs in China have been in contact with his agent and he could also go back to Iran, but Samad said: "I prefer to stay in Europe."

Samad is currently working out with Pau Orthez in France to remain fit.

LordOfLeyte
10-16-2008, 12:09 AM
He has on overall of 77!:D It shows that the guys in Electronic Arts have a high regard for Iran players. Besides, Iran was the revelation in the last FIBA Asia and will give China serious contentions from then on.:cool:

damelo
10-16-2008, 08:10 AM
He has on overall of 77!:D It shows that the guys in Electronic Arts have a high regard for Iran players. Besides, Iran was the revelation in the last FIBA Asia and will give China serious contentions from then on.:cool:

They always overrate non NBA players in NTs. In the 2008, I remember Wang Zhizhi being his average NBA live level, while most of chinese at 75+.

LordOfLeyte
10-17-2008, 10:14 AM
They always overrate non NBA players in NTs. In the 2008, I remember Wang Zhizhi being his average NBA live level, while most of chinese at 75+.

Got a point there, Sun Yue got 85 and so did Wang ShiPeng! I'm not questioning the talent of these players but come on, ain't no way their better than my main man Deron Williams ovrl 78.:cool:

Khalid80
10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Apparently Samad has officially signed with Pau Orthez. Wish him all the best in the French League!

http://www.basket-stream.fr/Basket/Pro-A/Basket-Pau-Barhami-remplace-Thomas_23_234__27695.html

The translation basically says that "Pau-Orthez announced on their official website that the Ameircan player Omar Thomas has been waived from the team. His replacement will be the Iranian player Mohammad Samad Nikkah Bahrami". (I don't know why they spelled his name wrong. It's Bahrami and not Barhami :D )

damelo
10-22-2008, 08:21 AM
I posted it in the Pro A thread.

Khalid80
10-22-2008, 09:34 AM
I posted it in the Pro A thread.

Thanks man!
I didn't know that u were the one posting on the Pro A Thread.
(By the way could u please adjust his name to Bahrami instead of Barhami :) )

damelo
10-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Samad will play in a very weak team. He was chosen to balance the offense, with the replacement of JamesOn Curry by Andre Emmett, Pau got a slasher, a guy who always attack the basket, and is not a great shooter. Samad's role will be to bring good shooting skills mainly.

If those two guys find their places all right, Pau can go to the playoffs. Even if I doubt Emmett will give many passes, he is an efficient scorer, and very athletic.

maman
10-23-2008, 12:02 PM
http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=226:thomas-remercie-nikkhah-signe&catid=66:dernieres-news&Itemid=66

Hi every body
samad decide to play at "Élan-bearnais.fr" this is the site of the team.
samad will stay in France and plays as usual very well for himself ,the soul of my dear IDIN and Iranian basketball, and I search and know this team is not a weak team, samad knows what he wants and what will helpe him growth his abbilities. And I wish God help him,

thank u all and may God bless you all

damelo
10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=226:thomas-remercie-nikkhah-signe&catid=66:dernieres-news&Itemid=66

Hi every body
samad will stay in France and plays as usual very well for himself ,the soul of my dear IDIN and Iranian basketball, and I search and know this team is not a weak team, samad knows what he wants and what will helpe him growth his abbilities. And I wish God help him,

Well, we'll see... But Pau those last years is down. They made some management errors, and are not ready to shine as they used to do. Their basketball culture is very good though. And Samad will be appreciated at his real value.

Pau should avoid relegation, but, IMO, should miss playoffs too. Now, withe Emmett and Nikkah, maybe they could get to the 6th spot. If all goes right for them. If Emmett doesn't freeze the ball.

It's not a bad signing for him neither, because I think he will be given a huge time on the court. He will be playing in one of the greatest clubs in France, the last one which went to Top 16, the one who saw growing the Pietruses, Diaw and co. So his exposure to basketball world will be bigger than if he was playing in Orleans for example. And he will live with his wife.

The article says he started to shoot in the gym of the club, after he joined his wife in Pau, and started to practice with them following some injuries.

Khalid80
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Hi every body

Dear Maman,
Congratulations for Samad! We wish for ur son all the best in the French League!
We hope he will be happy there and is able to play his best basketball!
We always support him and all of us r proud of what he and Idin (may his soul rest in peace) have done for Iranian basketball.

maman
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Dear Maman,
Congratulations for Samad! We wish for ur son all the best in the French League!
We hope he will be happy there and is able to play his best basketball!
We always support him and all of us r proud of what he and Idin (may his soul rest in peace) have done for Iranian basketball.

Dear Khalid80,
I appreciate so much of all of you supporting samad and talking about loving memory of my IDIN.
I wish all the best for you all.
May God bless you

Ishmael
10-24-2008, 05:17 AM
it was the right choice for Samad to play in this team, his minutes would go up tremendously plus he might be placed as the number one optiion. Mashallah that this has happened.

maman
10-24-2008, 12:48 PM
it was the right choice for Samad to play in this team, his minutes would go up tremendously plus he might be placed as the number one optiion. Mashallah that this has happened.

salam esmaiele aziz

this is the web site and the pics of samad, I know iti s is in french but it is just as information to whom likes to see it

May God bless you all

http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=230:samad-nikkhah-qpau-ma-deuxieme-maisonq&catid=66:dernieres-news&Itemid=66

damelo
10-27-2008, 08:50 AM
He played first game with Pau this week end, losing hardly against Nancy, 83-53.

He struggled at shooting, but it seems all the team did. Pau's debuts are quite hard...

here are the stats: http://lnb.fr/?pid=6&game=3415

Ishmael
10-27-2008, 12:40 PM
its just the first game, he is just getting used to the pace, wait for awhile and he might be great afterwards. the team has a good small forward program looking at things.

damelo
10-27-2008, 02:42 PM
its just the first game, he is just getting used to the pace, wait for awhile and he might be great afterwards. the team has a good small forward program looking at things.

For his part, there's nothing worrying in missing some shots. Plus, Nancy must have been really hungry and angry after losing their first ever EL game by 30.

But, seeing the team at 3/23 3pters, they really need Samad to find his marks quickly. I hope he does so, in order not to see Emmett taking 25 shots per game...

Ishmael
10-28-2008, 06:25 PM
For his part, there's nothing worrying in missing some shots. Plus, Nancy must have been really hungry and angry after losing their first ever EL game by 30.

But, seeing the team at 3/23 3pters, they really need Samad to find his marks quickly. I hope he does so, in order not to see Emmett taking 25 shots per game...

damelo jhan, if you can update us, it would be appreciated.

damelo
10-29-2008, 08:26 AM
damelo jhan, if you can update us, it would be appreciated.

I'll try. Follow also the Pro A thread, I'll try to post the scores, or at least links to get boxscores.

Already, I think he will play a lot in next game, Emmett is down.

maman
10-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll try. Follow also the Pro A thread, I'll try to post the scores, or at least links to get boxscores.

Already, I think he will play a lot in next game, Emmett is down.

Dear Damelo,
If you can do that it would be realy appriciated, however I always ask samad what about the game?? .............I Know samad can play much much better than last time. If he can he can realy do that...................I hope God helpe him and you all. ( and my dear IDIN, IDIN forever...................)

May God bless you all

Ishmael
10-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Dear Damelo,
If you can do that it would be realy appriciated, however I always ask samad what about the game?? .............I Know samad can play much much better than last time. If he can he can realy do that...................I hope God helpe him and you all. ( and my dear IDIN, IDIN forever...................)

May God bless you all

Maman jhan, do not worry your son is just adjusting, he will do his brother, his mother and his country proud.

damelo
11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
http://lnb.fr/?pid=6&game=3426

Box score of last game, a loss against Roanne.

Once again, Pau had difficulties, and the only guys showing off were Ludovic Vaty and Antoine Mendy.
Samad had a difficult game, but started.

Still, Pau's situation is complicated. They need some time to find each other, between youngsters and Samad, for whom experience all some new experience, and may lack some regularity.

To balance it, Nancy and Roanne are amongst the favourites, and losing to them is not very worrying. What worries me is more the offense, which is quite difficult for Pau right now.

bye
11-08-2008, 11:03 PM
i know Samad and i know he can play better than this...i would help him telling him to don't give up!
i know he is strong, and he is a good player...i know he has the strongness to demonstrate his capacity!
i want to thanks his mama to give us Samad...
He knows why!
go on Samad!
I hope to see him playing in Italian championship!

maman
11-10-2008, 02:32 AM
i know Samad and i know he can play better than this...i would help him telling him to don't give up!
i know he is strong, and he is a good player...i know he has the strongness to demonstrate his capacity!
i want to thanks his mama to give us Samad...
He knows why!
go on Samad!
I hope to see him playing in Italian championship!

Dear my kind and lovely young friends!
thank you so much dear bye and all who know samad and my dear IDIN, I think and I am sure samad will show how is he strong, after IDINam leave us, it was really a huge shock for every body specially for us, samad will find himself and play very good for Iranian basketball for himself and for keep alive IDIN lovely mummery .............................

I hope all the best for you all and,
May God bless you all

bye
11-10-2008, 02:47 AM
hi maman, you don't know what pleasure is for me to speak with you...

damelo
11-10-2008, 08:51 AM
http://lnb.fr/index.php?pid=4&game=3431

boxscore of last game...

Khalid80
11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
http://lnb.fr/index.php?pid=4&game=3431

boxscore of last game...

Pau Orthez is going through quite a slump (6 straight losses) even though this isn't that surprising. What's sad though is that they just lost to Vichy whom were able to post their first win of the season.

damelo
11-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Pau Orthez is going through quite a slump (6 straight losses) even though this isn't that surprising. What's sad though is that they just lost to Vichy whom were able to post their first win of the season.

Indeed, until now, I was not too worried, the team was at its place against championship contender only. They had 5 very tough games to play. Now, next game against Rouen without Emmett. They will have to take it.

damelo
11-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Pau lost to Rouen... scoring only 69 points.

Samad was better that time, but still needs to accelerate in offense, but had a goos game overall despite missing many shots. It seems to get better for him, but for the team... This is really starting to seem difficult.

http://lnb.fr/?pid=6&game=3444

ps: http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=292:-sur-la-bonne-voie&catid=66:dernieres-news&Itemid=66

Link from Pau Orthez website. I was checking for Marcus Slaughter as I thought it could be one of his destination.

Samad got injured, sprained ankle, and could hardly walk when leaving the game... Pau is cursed this year, he was their only foreigner left.

Khalid80
11-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Pau lost to Rouen... scoring only 69 points.

Samad was better that time, but still needs to accelerate in offense, but had a goos game overall despite missing many shots. It seems to get better for him, but for the team... This is really starting to seem difficult.

http://lnb.fr/?pid=6&game=3444

ps: http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=292:-sur-la-bonne-voie&catid=66:dernieres-news&Itemid=66

Link from Pau Orthez website. I was checking for Marcus Slaughter as I thought it could be one of his destination.

Samad got injured, sprained ankle, and could hardly walk when leaving the game... Pau is cursed this year, he was their only foreigner left.

Hope Samad recovers asap. Pau is going to have a really tough season this year :( (At least this is my impression of their season so far).

damelo
11-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Hope Samad recovers asap. Pau is going to have a really tough season this year :( (At least this is my impression of their season so far).

Yeah, they changed coaches. Toupane was released, and Paco Coelho and another assistant will share responsibilities, like last season when Coelho coached last half of season and got the club to the 9th place, which was quite a miracle. Maybe they will get back?

damelo
01-06-2009, 01:11 PM
First win for Pau (http://lnb.fr/index.php?pid=6&game=3479) last week end.

Samad played all right, with 7pts, 6rbds, 1 ass, 1 st.

His stats say he still is adjusting to the team.

Also, he is listed as 4 on the website, whereas in my mind, he was more a 3-2...

We started the year well, and it's good for everybody. We worked hard since the restart, and we got paid back. Even if we did nothing yet, if we have lots of things to catch back, we showed up a good mind and an energy that can help us find the right way.

Khalid80
01-06-2009, 02:03 PM
First win for Pau (http://lnb.fr/index.php?pid=6&game=3479) last week end.

Samad played all right, with 7pts, 6rbds, 1 ass, 1 st.

His stats say he still is adjusting to the team.

Also, he is listed as 4 on the website, whereas in my mind, he was more a 3-2...

Finally :D. I thought that they would never win this season.
I really hope that this will motivate them to at least try to catch up with the other teams that are somewhat close to them in ranking (Cholet and Vichy).

damelo
01-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Finally :D. I thought that they would never win this season.
I really hope that this will motivate them to at least try to catch up with the other teams that are somewhat close to them in ranking (Cholet and Vichy).

Vichy is quite hot now, and Cholet has quite some material to rise up... But, The championship is very very open.

mvblair
01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
... But, The championship is very very open.Any league that has an "open" championship is a good league for most fans. Everybody wants close games, not blow-outs. I hope that the NBA gets a little more "open" this year and that we can start talking about more teams besides Boston and LA.

damelo
01-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Pau won its second game this year, and Samad had his first good stat line.

19pts, 2/3 2s, 5/6 3s, 7 rebounds, 2assist, 8TOs.

He was named as one of the worse defensive players of the championship in a poll amongst the coaches of Pro A by Baskenews. :o

princeofpersia1
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM

He was named as one of the worse defensive players of the championship in a poll amongst the coaches of Pro A by Baskenews. :o

19pts! thats a good game from Samad, I hope his good form continue and he can get a good contract next season in France or another Euroleague team.

Khalid80
01-26-2009, 03:42 PM

Happy to hear that Samad had a good game for once :).
He still has alot to learn though. Our system of play in the Middle East is very different from Europe. We don't tend to rely on defensive styles+strategies as much as in the European Leagues (but now with the European coaches that are coming here this gap is closing slowly)
I just hope that Pau don't release him anytime soon so he can continue his development in the Pro A League.

damelo
01-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Happy to hear that Samad had a good game for once :).
He still has alot to learn though. Our system of play in the Middle East is very different from Europe. We don't tend to rely on defensive styles+strategies as much as in the European Leagues (but now with the European coaches that are coming here this gap is closing slowly)
I just hope that Pau don't release him anytime soon so he can continue his development in the Pro A League.

Pau is on its way to Pro B. They are 4-5 games away from the team before them. They are starting to play more young guys, with, for example, Thomas Heurtel. i hope they will release their American guys, get down one year, plays the young guys, including Samad, and then, come back. With Vaty, Samad, Mendy, Heurtel and Page, they have a nice 5, that can developp.