PDA

View Full Version : PBA Siblings Anyone?

justmeianann
07-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

Do you still remember any siblings sa PBA na ngka-abot during their playing careers? Examples are the Pumaren brothers and the de Ocampo's.

Anyone else?

b3lowzro
07-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Dwight and Elmer Lago, Danny and Andy Seigle.

Olsen as a player while Nash as an assistant coach.

Dudut and Robert Jaworski father and son tandem

C2Hamm
07-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Chito and Joey Loyzaga.

Sakamoto
07-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Harmon and Jerry Codinera plus i forgot his another brother who also play in the PBA.

C2Hamm
07-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Alvin and Allan Glen Patrimonio.

Dindo and Franz Pumaren

kerouac82
07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't remember Allen Patrimonio ever suiting up for a PBA team.

Sakamoto
07-30-2008, 10:30 AM
correct! he never played in the PBA.

C2Hamm
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
sorry, my bad. i know he got drafted, not sure if he actually played.

bolabasket
07-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Joey and Manuel (Totoy) Marquez - half-brothers...

Norman Black (coach) and Chris Tan (step son)

kerouac82
07-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Chris Tan was an adopted son. BTW, he's into directing films now.

ankle breaker
07-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Harmon and Jerry Codinera plus i forgot his another brother who also play in the PBA.
that's pat codinera.

Phelhiphe
08-30-2008, 09:37 AM
How about

Arnie and Calvin Tuadles

Romy & Ruben dela Rosa

Servinio
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Bughao - Derrick and Ronnie
Cezar - Philip and David
Clarino - Aurelio (Boy) and Alex
Codinera - Harmon, Jerry and Pat
de Ocampo - Yancy and Ranidel
de la Rosa - Romy and Ruben
Fran - Raymond and Patrick
Gamboa - Arnold and Allan
Guzman - Noel and Joel (identical twins)
Lago - Dwight and Elmer
Loyzaga - Joaquin (Chito) and Ernesto (Joey)
Marata - Ricardo (Ric-Ric) and Romulo (Bong)
Marquez - Joey and Manuel (Totoy)
Naron - Peter and Edward
Pineda - Ricky and Molet
Pumaren - Franz and Ferdinand (Dindo)
Reyes - Gilbert (Jun) and Beltran (Billy)
Seigle - Andrew John and Daniel Charles
Singson - Ramon (Montoy) and Dale
Tierra - Marty and Adonis
Tuadles - Arnulfo (Arnie) and Calvin
Villarias - Vernie and Victor

Percival O. Flores
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Add to this list oldtimers:

Twin brothers Jing and Manuel Aldanese (Great Taste 1975);
Ricardo (Joy) Cleofas and Benjie Cleofas;
Alberto (Big Boy) and Cristino Reynoso.

There was also a third Tierra brother, aside from Marty and Adonis: Edmundo Tierra.

How about brothers John Q. Trapp and George Trapp, who both played in the PBA as imports.

Now, half-brothers Rabeh Al-Hussaini and Carlo Ram Sharma.

capitantiago
10-11-2011, 09:36 AM

There was also a third Tierra brother, aside from Marty and Adonis: Edmundo Tierra.

How about brothers John Q. Trapp and George Trapp, who both played in the PBA as imports.

then there's Jomar Tiera.

Percival O. Flores
10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Weren't Jimmy Javier (Crispa) and Pablo Javier (Toyota) siblings too?

nardy
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM
You forgot the

Deles brothers - Rhoel and Roy

Capacio brothers - Ely and Glen

Javier brothers - Jaime and Pablo

Merced brothers - Ed and Lawrence

Pablo brothers - Renan and Ruben

Velasco - Wilfredo and Paul

I think Marty, Edmund and Adonis has a 4th brother Jomar

How about father and son,

Jaworski - Sonny and Dudut

Webb - Freddie and Jason

Ritualo - Florendo and Renren

Hubalde - Freddie and Paolo

Aguilar - Peter and Japeth

Mamaril - Romy and Billy

Agustin - Ato and Marc

Basco - Mario and Marlon

Cabatu - Sonny and Junjun

Mariano - Jimmy and Jonas ?

Jess Migalbin and Richard Yee

Then there is the Uncle and Nephew

Abbarientos - Haba-haba and the Flying A

Reyes - Jun/Billy and Jai

Reyes - Eric and Rob

Baguio ??? -Maximo and Cyrus

Bravo ??? - Ruel and Mike

Ricric/Bong Marata and Cyrus Baguio

Jimmy Alapag and Kevin White
Brother-in-laws

Kenneth Duremdes and John Arigo

Kelly Williams and Charles Waters
Cousins

Co - Atoy and Sonny

Sonny Jaworski and Rino Salazar
I think Al David and Bal David are also related

bognut
10-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Jimmy Alapag & Kevin White

Kelly Williams & Charles Waters

jamalsampson
10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Long lost twins ......

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v272/154/29/591590803/n591590803_1444195_7277.jpghttp://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230648_1839766557819_1350187835_31869174_2722979_n .jpg

greenarcher
10-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Half-Brothers: Rabeh Al-Husaini and Carlo Sharma

How are Nash and Olsen Racela related?

nardy
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM

Nash and Olsen are brothers but Nash did not play competitive basketball.

greenarcher
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Nash and Olsen are brothers but Nash did not play competitive basketball.

So you can say they are similar to Charles and Chris Tiu? :D

nardy
10-11-2011, 02:48 PM
So you can say they are similar to Charles and Chris Tiu? :D

Charles is more blessed than Nash as his first coaching stint was being the Philippine Men's National Team Assistant Coach under Rajko Toroman.

While Nash started coaching in school intramurals in Ateneo High School and La Salle Taft in college plus their boys barangay team near QI. Before he became an assistant coach Philippine Men's National Team under Chot Reyes, he was the former Head Coach of the San Beda Red Lions and served as Assistant Coach for Chot Reyes with the San Miguel Beermen and the Coca-cola Tigers. Presently he is the Talk N Text Tropang Texters also under Chot Reyes and at the Energen Pilipinas U16 Boys National Team under brother Olsen Racela.

However Olsen is somewhat blessed also as his 1st major coaching job is as Head Coach of the Energen Pilipinas U16 Boys National Team after a brief stint as Playing Assistant Coach of the San Miguel Beermen.

capitantiago
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Charles is more blessed than Nash as his first coaching stint was being the Philippine Men's National Team Assistant Coach under Rajko Toroman.

While Nash started coaching in school intramurals in Ateneo High School and La Salle Taft in college plus their boys barangay team near QI. Before he became an assistant coach Philippine Men's National Team under Chot Reyes, he was the former Head Coach of the San Beda Red Lions and served as Assistant Coach for Chot Reyes with the San Miguel Beermen and the Coca-cola Tigers. Presently he is the Talk N Text Tropang Texters also under Chot Reyes and at the Energen Pilipinas U16 Boys National Team under brother Olsen Racela.

However Olsen is somewhat blessed also as his 1st major coaching job is as Head Coach of the Energen Pilipinas U16 Boys National Team after a brief stint as Playing Assistant Coach of the San Miguel Beermen.

but we know that olsen was already a coach in the making in the twilight of his pba career. in fact, i was expecting him to be elevated as smb/petron head coach until ato came in.

nardy
10-11-2011, 04:05 PM
but we know that olsen was already a coach in the making in the twilight of his pba career. in fact, i was expecting him to be elevated as smb/petron head coach until ato came in.

his great playing experience as a point guard in the PBA does gave him the right training leading to a Coaching Career. Whats good with Olsen even though he is the Head Coach of Energen, he is very open on learning from his staff of Nash, Richie Ticzon and Eric Gonzales who are supporting him superbly. Its a great team effort that even the Assistant Team Manager/Liason Officer BJ Manalo is also bringing some coaching into the team. This practically covered Olsen's lack of actual Head Coaching experience.

PacificRims
10-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow i'm surprised. A lot of sibling tandems in the PBA.

fordmo47
10-12-2011, 03:10 AM

Nards, if Roderico Racela was nicknamed Olsen because he was born on All Saints' (olsen) Day, what is the story nga ba about Nash and the other Racela brother?

Also I believe I first saw a long-haired Nash when he was coaching the Batangas Blades with Alex Compton. I just don't remember if it was in the PBL or in the MBA.

jamalsampson
10-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Nards, if Roderico Racela was nicknamed Olsen because he was born on All Saints' (olsen) Day, what is the story nga ba about Nash and the other Racela brother?

Also I believe I first saw a long-haired Nash when he was coaching the Batangas Blades with Alex Compton. I just don't remember if it was in the PBL or in the MBA.

Olsen Racela, born on November 1, was so named because he was born on All Saint's Day while Nash was born on National Heroes' Day then there's and Wally whose birthday is "walang okasyon".

michie
10-12-2011, 03:33 AM

Nash and Olsen are brothers.

fordmo47
10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Olsen Racela, born on November 1, was so named because he was born on All Saint's Day while Nash was born on National Heroes' Day then there's and Wally whose birthday is "walang okasyon".

Una kong nabasa to, nakaka aliw na. Siguro the parents have lots of sense of humor.:)

Percival O. Flores
10-12-2011, 05:36 AM
Ford Mo and I are also siblings, more in the mold of Aldanese and De Guzman identical twins. He is older by two minutes. So that makes him my kuya (older brother) of sorts.

Over dinner last night on the occasion of our niece's birthday, I told him that this list should also include Roehl Deles (Jose Rizal-Mariwasa) and Roy Deles (San Beda-U-tex).

Pilyong Husband
10-12-2011, 06:01 AM
This is a while back (wasn't even born yet) ..... the Reynoso brothers Cristino and Big Boy. I think the latter was banned for life for beating the snot out of a perceived "errant" referee (along with Jawo if I'm not mistaken). My dad always told me that Big Boy was a bad@ss and a half. Built like Yoyoy Villamin with the temperament of a pitbull. Really nasty ..... had a truckload of dirty rough plays to boot.

Percival O. Flores
10-12-2011, 06:21 AM
There was a third Reynoso brother, Jimmy Reynoso, who played for UE and Crispa in the minor tournaments of the day (not even MICAA). Compared to the two older Reynosos, Big Boy and the late 'Tino, he was puny in height and heft.

Tino Reynoso, was a lefthander hotshot for Seven-Up and U-tex in the MICAA. He later rejoined Big Boy with Toyota in the PBA. There are accounts which say that they were together in Meralco, but that was long before I started following basketball as a 6 year old in 1970.

Alberto or Big Boy, he of San Beda, Ysmael, Meralco, and later Toyota and Mariwasa in the PBA, was certainly not someone a player would want to get entangled with. My impression was he never provoked a fight, but will not run away from one either.

He was banned for life after he and Jaworski beat the hell out of referees Obias and Cruz, but was later reinstated and made it to the 1973 ABC and 1974 World Philippine national teams.

Certainly, there are pictures of his famous fights, especially the one when he went mano-a-mano with Crispa's Rudy Soriano in Game 5 of the 1975 All Philippine Championship series.

Pilyong Husband
10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
There was a third Reynoso brother, Jimmy Reynoso, who played for UE and Crispa in the minor tournaments of the day (not even MICAA). Compared to the two older Reynosos, Big Boy and the late 'Tino, he was puny in height and heft.

Tino Reynoso, was a lefthander hotshot for Seven-Up and U-tex in the MICAA. He later rejoined Big Boy with Toyota in the PBA. There are accounts which say that they were together in Meralco, but that was long before I started following basketball as a 6 year old in 1970.

Alberto or Big Boy, he of San Beda, Ysmael, Meralco, and later Toyota and Mariwasa in the PBA, was certainly not someone a player would want to get entangled with. My impression was he never provoked a fight, but will not run away from one either.

He was banned for life after he and Jaworski beat the hell out of referees Obias and Cruz, but was later reinstated and made it to the 1973 ABC and 1974 World Philippine national teams.

Certainly, there are pictures of his famous fights, especially the one when he went mano-a-mano with Crispa's Rudy Soriano in Game 5 of the 1975 All Philippine Championship series.

Thanks for the rich insight sir! I never knew of the third Reynoso. My old man said Cristino was a lot more athletic and acrobatic than his rough-and-tumble brother Big Boy.

Good one!

fordmo47
10-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Since this thread is about PBA bloodlines and I don't want to excavate the PBA Trivia Thread, it just occured to me that both Robert Jaworskis were coached in their college careers by the same man, the Virgilio "Baby" Dalupan.

The legendary father, Sonny, as part of the UE dynasty and the legend son, Dudut as part of the 1993 Ateneo team, counting among his teammates - Richie Ticzon, Vince Hizon and Gabby Severino.

Cool_Enz
10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Basketball-playing brothers but only one made it to the PBA:

Alvin and Allen Glenn Patrimonio
Noli and Jun Locsin
Kenneth and Jojit Duremdes
William and Stephen Antonio
Robert and Francis Sanz
Mick and David Pennisi
Junjun and Christian Cabatu
Ronald and Japs Cuan
Paolo and Derrick and another brother Hubalde
Jonas and Jerome Villanueva
Mark and Magsy Magsumbol
Dennis and Dino Daa
Leomar and Dave Najorda
Regomar and older siblings Rolly and Romar Menor

Former and present PBA players who still have brothers in the amateur/semi-professional leagues.

Samigue and Spencer Eman
Chico, Von Harry and Garvo Lanete
Chester and Michael Tolomia
Reynel and Roel Hugnatan
JC and Mark Intal
Marvin and Mark Cruz

Isip pako :)

Percival O. Flores
10-17-2011, 01:15 AM
This is my follow-up to the post of Cool Enz of brother tandems where one made it to the PBA and the other didn't.

Rene Canent (Tanduay) and Ronald Canent (Mapua)
Eric Leaņo (Crispa) and Eugene and Erwin Leaņo (Mapua)

Didn't Dodot Jaworski's younger brother play for UP in the UAAP?

I also Jet Dungo of Carrier also had a younger whose first name I forgot who played for UE alongside Rey Franco, who died of cancer midway the UAAP tournament in 1971. This may however require a confirmation.

fordmo47
10-17-2011, 03:31 AM
This is my follow-up to the post of Cool Enz of brother tandems where one made it to the PBA and the other didn't.

I also Jet Dungo of Carrier also had a younger whose first name I forgot who played for UE alongside Rey Franco, who died of cancer midway the UAAP tournament in 1971. This may however require a confirmation.

I will add Isabelo (Jojo) Lastimosa, Jr. and Danilo (Danny) Lastimosa, the father of Carlo Lastimosa. Both were teammates for Mama's Love in the PBL.

Ryan Jaworski did play for UP.

The name of that Dungo brother who succumbed to cancer while in the middle of his UAAP career still has to surface in Google. Jimmy Reynoso is also a notable teammate of this Dungo brother.

Percival O. Flores
10-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Isn't Angelus Raymundo (UE/Kuala Lumpur Dragons) the younger brother of Derby Ace superstar Kerby Raymundo?

Now we learned belatedly that Koy Banal used to play for San Beda, so as the younger brother of Joel Banal, he will fit the scenario of a brother-of-a-PBA-player-who-did-not-make-the-PBA. Actually, the first Banal brother to play college basketball is business columnist Conrado Banal who used to play for Ateneo in the early 1970's. Makes you wonder why Chelo Banal never wrote a full feature article on her basketball playing brothers.

Joel Banal will always be special. In 1978, he captained the Philippine youth team that won the ABC youth. He was an Araw ng Kalookan awardee for youth and sports while our grandfather was given the same award for the Arts. So I got to shake his hand in 1978.

fordmo47
10-17-2011, 04:33 AM

James Lister and Alton Lister is worth adding to the list. James played for Tefilin while Alton never made the PBA playing only for the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA.

Percival O. Flores
10-17-2011, 04:52 AM
James Lister and Alton Lister is worth adding to the list. James played for Tefilin while Alton never made the PBA playing only for the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA.

Yeah, but the Trapp brothers, John Q. and George, both NBA veterans, played in the PBA as imports.

Alton Lister did make the PBA, as an assistant coach/skills coach for San Miguel/Petron.

CoJ
10-17-2011, 04:58 AM
no love for the Seigles (Andy and Danny) and the Lago brothers? (Elmer and Dwight)..How about the Pumarens (Franz and Dindo)?

Silent Killer
10-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Long lost twins ......

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v272/154/29/591590803/n591590803_1444195_7277.jpghttp://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230648_1839766557819_1350187835_31869174_2722979_n .jpg

haha lolz..

Percival O. Flores
10-17-2011, 05:24 AM
Reynaldo "Epoy" Alcantara (Noritake) had a brother who played for the Yutivo Opels when Epoy was still playing for Crispa Floro Redmanizers in the MICAA. Whenever Crispa and Yutivo played one another, Emy Arcilla who used to cover the MICAA for ABS-CBN Channel 4 used to refer them as Alcantara-Y (for Yutivo) and Alcantara-C (for Crispa).

Cool_Enz
10-17-2011, 06:53 PM

Another example under this category is Andy and Mychal Thompson. Andy suited up as an import for Tanduay in the PBA while Mychal was part of the Los Angeles Lakers during the Showtime Era. :)

Percival O. Flores
10-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Derrick Gervin once played as an import for Purefoods. His Hall-of-Fame brother George Gervin was good enough to play in the ABA and the NBA.

His nephew, George Gervin, Jr. had a short stint with the Coca Cola Tigers.

Now that's also an uncle-and-nephew tandem that played in the PBA.

Percival O. Flores
10-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Loreto and Tomasito Tolentino.

In 1975, the N-Rich line-up had two pairs of brothers, the Tolentinos and the Aldaneses (who were even identical twins).

Rodolfo Segura had a brother who played with him in Adamson in the early 1970's. This brother however did not even play in the MICAA.

Cool_Enz
10-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Another example under this category is Andy and Mychal Thompson. Andy suited up as an import for Tanduay in the PBA while Mychal was part of the Los Angeles Lakers during the Showtime Era. :)

Yet another example under this category is Jason and Jerryl Sasser. Jason once suited up as Pop Cola's import while Jerryl played in the NBA. Jason, of course, also saw action in the NBA before strutting his wares here. :)

Cool_Enz
10-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Derrick Gervin once played as an import for Purefoods. His Hall-of-Fame brother George Gervin was good enough to play in the ABA and the NBA.

His nephew, George Gervin, Jr. had a short stint with the Coca Cola Tigers.

Now that's also an uncle-and-nephew tandem that played in the PBA.

I remember Gee Gervin. He used to do that feet shuffle before taking free throws. Reports said that the Iceman was planning a trip to the Philippines to watch his son play for Coca Cola. Unfortunately, the trip was called off when the younger Gervin was replaced. :)

Percival O. Flores
10-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Yet another example under this category is Jason and Jerryl Sasser. Jason once suited up as Pop Cola's import while Jerryl played in the NBA. Jason, of course, also saw action in the NBA before strutting his wares here. :)

How about Francois Wise who played five seasons in the PBA (1981 - Utex; 1982 and 1983 Tanduay; 1985 - Manila Beer; 1987 Hills Bros.) but whose ABA All-Star brother Willie Wise did not play here.

fordmo47
10-20-2011, 07:07 AM
How about Francois Wise who played five seasons in the PBA (1981 - Utex; 1982 and 1983 Tanduay; 1985 - Manila Beer; 1987 Hills Bros.) but whose ABA All-Star brother Willie Wise did not play here.

Walker Russell the brother of Campy (Campanella) Russell, who was one of the first superstars of the fledling Cleveland Cavaliers team in the the seventies

lrangels
10-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Hmmm... As far as siblings that I know, here are my list:

- Condinera brothers: Jerry, Harmon, and Pat (the latter is not the most popular)
- Pumaren brothers: Franz and Dindo
- Siegle brothers: Andy and Danny
- Lago brothers: Dwight and Elmer

Speaking of siblings, have there been a players that are twins (identical or fraternal) who played in the PBA? I know there's Harvey and Horace Grant in the NBA.

;)

Big Ticket
10-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Hmmm... As far as siblings that I know, here are my list:

- Condinera brothers: Jerry, Harmon, and Pat (the latter is not the most popular)
- Pumaren brothers: Franz and Dindo
- Siegle brothers: Andy and Danny
- Lago brothers: Dwight and Elmer

Speaking of siblings, have there been a players that are twins (identical or fraternal) who played in the PBA? I know there's Harvey and Horace Grant in the NBA.

;)

read up the post of percival flores regarding the identical twins...

adding:

fran brothers - patrick and raymond

lrangels
10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
read up the post of percival flores regarding the identical twins...

adding:

fran brothers - patrick and raymond

Thanks I will take a look at it.

lrangels
10-21-2011, 02:19 PM

Thanks for sharing that there are twins that played in the PBA.

This is a very interesting topic.

Jordan Bruiseter
10-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Brandon Sison (ADMU) was drafted by Sta. Lucia in 2002, but his twin brother Brian Sison (ADMU) was not. Ironically, Rainier Sison (no relation) was drafted by Shell a round earlier.

To add, there were three generations of Mumars who played basketball to a certain level of success.

Jay P. Mercado
10-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Interesting you brought up the Mumars. It's a case of three generations, indeed, but with varying results.

Lauro "Bay" Mumar, the grandfather, is the most successful Mumar. He was team captain of the PHL national team that won the bronze medal in the 1954 World Basketball Championships, a tournament that he nearly missed brought about by his inability to secure basketball shoes due to hardship. He eventually was provided with the necessary pair and helped the team post the most impressive finish by an Asian country in a world basketball setting.

Larry Mumar, the son of Bay, was equally successful, particularly as he was a many-time member of the PHL national team. Mumar was equally good in offense and defense and was relied upon to provide stability and leadership to his teams. He wasn't as successful in the PBA though - probably slowed down by age and injuries. He was still prolific, at least in the first couple of seasons, but considerably slowed down thereafter. While he was a superstar in the MICAA, his name was overshadowed in the PBA by Crispa and Toyota players who ruled the roost.

LA Mumar is the son of Larry from movie actress and TV host Coney Reyes. He was a high school and collegiate player for Ateneo but his basketball never got untracked. His pedigree and surname were more than enough to earn him recognition and slots in the Ateneo basketball teams but again, because of an injury, he eventually faded into the scene. He is now a pastor as a Born-Again Christian.

Cool_Enz
10-22-2011, 10:36 AM

Walker Russell the brother of Campy (Campanella) Russell, who was one of the first superstars of the fledling Cleveland Cavaliers team in the the seventies

Thanks POF and fordmo for making our list of brothers who played in the PBA and NBA longer. :)

Percival O. Flores
10-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Thanks for sharing that there are twins that played in the PBA.

This is a very interesting topic.

You're welcome.

It's because I am one of identical twins myself. that's why I am interested in twins in general, and twins in basketball.

nayrb127
10-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Father and Son imports:

Dartona Washam, Sr. - Gilbey's 1984
Dartona "Tony" Washam, Jr. - B-Meg 2010

mon23
10-28-2011, 12:07 AM
In the PBA players directory, there was two Deles, Roel and Roy, are they brothers, it says both played for U/tex.

fordmo47
10-28-2011, 01:45 AM
In the PBA players directory, there was two Deles, Roel and Roy, are they brothers, it says both played for U/tex.

One is chinky-eyed (the older one, Roehl) and the other is bug-eyed.

Percival O. Flores
10-28-2011, 06:12 AM

Roel though also played for the Mariwasa Honda Panthers. Roy played the entirety of his PBA career with the U-tex Weavers/Wranglers.

a_ron
10-28-2011, 06:20 AM
no love for the Seigles (Andy and Danny) and the Lago brothers? (Elmer and Dwight)..How about the Pumarens (Franz and Dindo)?

What about na Narons(Edward and Perter)?

Percival O. Flores
10-28-2011, 08:12 AM
What about na Narons(Edward and Perter)?

As my Ninang Sonia Roco would often say, those are her nephews. Are they from Bohol?

a_ron
10-28-2011, 08:29 AM
As my Ninang Sonia Roco would often say, those are her nephews. Are they from Bohol?

Not sure I heard before that they are from Maasin Leyte not sure but there are lots of Naron's in Bohol.

Cool_Enz
11-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Father and Son imports:

Dartona Washam, Sr. - Gilbey's 1984
Dartona "Tony" Washam, Jr. - B-Meg 2010
Wow I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. :)

Jordan Bruiseter
11-06-2011, 02:32 AM
During the time of the Loyzaga brothers (Chito and Joey), there were other duos which were given the "brothers" monicker:

Bruise Brothers - Yoyoy "The Bicolano Superman" Villamin + Ricky Relosa

Royal Brothers - Abe King + Philip Cezar

nardy
11-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Father Jess Migalbin
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/195890_10150133788977663_118574062662_6640208_2160 019_n.jpg

Son Richard Yee
http://www.pba.ph/images/news/ryee.jpg

tethal
11-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Not sure I heard before that they are from Maasin Leyte not sure but there are lots of Naron's in Bohol.

they are from baclayon bohol..and peter is now coaching one of the university in bohol

Cool_Enz
11-24-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm just curious. Why do the father-son tandem of Jess Migalbin and Richard Yee have different surnames? Same thing with Willy Tanduyan and Bob Ilanga and national shooters Tommy Ong and Tac Padilla? :)

capitantiago
11-25-2011, 01:29 AM
I'm just curious. Why do the father-son tandem of Jess Migalbin and Richard Yee have different surnames? Same thing with Willy Tanduyan and Bob Ilanga and national shooters Tommy Ong and Tac Padilla? :)

for yee and migalbin, it is a very simple guess. :)

leoisiah
11-25-2011, 01:44 AM

so anak sa labas si yee?

wrong trans: so yee was born outside?

right trans: so yee was illegitimate?

Cool_Enz
12-29-2011, 10:30 AM
^ Ah okay I see. Thanks. Hehe. :)

Cool_Enz
12-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Since this is a sibling thread after all, we might just include basketball players who have sisters who also play ball.

Sunday Salvacion - Has a sister who played for the St. Benilde Lady Blazers in the WNCAA.
Kiko Adriano - Sister Aurora Adriano is currently a member of the Discovery Perlas Pilipinas national team.
Paul Tan-Chi - Has a sister who played for the ADMU Lady Eagles. :)

clarkgolden
12-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Missing: Florendo & Renren Ritualo

BTW, How is JB Yango related to ? Yango of MICAA days, sorry I cant remember his first name.

fordmo47
01-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Missing: Florendo & Renren Ritualo

BTW, How is JB Yango related to ? Yango of MICAA days, sorry I cant remember his first name.

You must mean Armando Yango, who played for Mariwasa in the MICAA and was a veteran presence in the PABL finals when his team which I forgot lost to the Danny Floro financed Paul Jordan team. From what I know, I never came across an article nor was it mentioned by TV announcers that he and JB were related.

clarkgolden
01-02-2012, 04:42 AM
You must mean Armando Yango, who played for Mariwasa in the MICAA and was a veteran presence in the PABL finals when his team which I forgot lost to the Danny Floro financed Paul Jordan team. From what I know, I never came across an article nor was it mentioned by TV announcers that he and JB were related.

Thanks for the info Mr. Fordmo.

fordmo47
01-02-2012, 04:52 AM

In the NBA, a very simple guess involves Jalen Rose and his biological father Jimmy Walker who also played here in the Philippines in 1974 as part of the NBA Salem All-Stars led by playing coach, Elgin Baylor along with Elvin Hayes and Gail Goodrich.

Percival O. Flores
01-02-2012, 11:02 AM
And they had nothing in common other than the surname.

Armando Yango, was a bulky power forward, around 6-3 and weighed about 230 pounds. In terms of physique, among the modern-day players, he reminds me of Beau Belga. And he usually scored on barrelling drives and put-backs.

JB Yango, on the other hand was a talented player during his time, first with the San Beda Red Lions and later for the Yco Painters in the MICAA and Tanduay and Purefoods in the PBA. A player who represented the country in many international tournaments and scores 40 or so points in an All-Filipino Finals (1986) game must be talented indeed.

Cool_Enz
01-03-2012, 09:10 AM
In the NBA, a very simple guess involves Jalen Rose and his biological father Jimmy Walker who also played here in the Philippines in 1974 as part of the NBA Salem All-Stars led by playing coach, Elgin Baylor along with Elvin Hayes and Gail Goodrich.

In addition, there's Karl Malone and daughter Cheryl Ford (basketball) and son Demetrius Bell (pro football). Also Julius Erving and tennis player Alexandra Stevenson. :)

Cool_Enz
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I remember two pairs of PBA players with the same surnames who could have easily passed up as brothers but they are not related as far as I know.

Rodney and Rafael Santos
Kerby and Angelus Raymundo:)

Cool_Enz
08-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Our list of PBA imports who had brothers who played in the NBA grew longer with Elijah Millsap suiting up for Petron in the ongoing PBA Governors' Cup. Millsap is the younger brother of Paul Millsap, who spent the first seven years of his NBA career with the Utah Jazz and will play for the Atlanta Hawks in the 2013-14 season.

Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid
08-30-2013, 04:12 AM
Randy and Yancy De Ocampo

Top 10 Top Player in PBA Siblings (http://fydesigns.ph)

Shameless!

engwan
08-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Shameless!

Shameless SEO spammers.. Ban na yan :D

Big Ticket
08-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Randy and Yancy De Ocampo

Top 10 Top Player in PBA Siblings (http://fydesigns.ph)

who's randy? :)

leoisiah
08-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Wow, I thought Kerby was related to Angelus Raymundo. Their faces had some similarities.

Art Garcia
09-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Loreto and Tomasito Tolentino.

In 1975, the N-Rich line-up had two pairs of brothers, the Tolentinos and the Aldaneses (who were even identical twins).

Rodolfo Segura had a brother who played with him in Adamson in the early 1970's. This brother however did not even play in the MICAA.

Ompong Segura's younger brother was Tomas Segura, taller and heftier than Rodolfo. Unfortunately he suffered a knee injury during his stint with the Adamson squad and was never the same again.