PDA

View Full Version : Hamed Haddadi the next big thing

Pages : [1] 2

Lebron23
07-21-2008, 08:09 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080719/capt.876a36e370a24c12b3fc0b261236224c.rmr_iran_mav ericks_basketball_rmr104.jpg

He is one of the best Center in Asia, and he is going to play in the 2008 Beijing, Olympics to represent Iran. He is very mobile for a legit 7 footer, and he reminds me of a younger version of Zydrunas Ilgauskas.. With the lack of Natural Centers in the NBA i think General Managers and Talent Scouts should take a look at his potential, and maybe they could offer him a 10 day NBA Contract.

I think Hamed Ehadadi could make it in the NBA, and he is the only Asian beside the Chinese players that has the potential to be a good role player in the NBA.

Ehadadi scored 19 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists in his first Official Summer League Game againts the Dallas Mavericks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmweMX0Y-8M&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DIvRbShHsc&feature=related&fmt=18

Khalid80
07-21-2008, 09:02 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080719/capt.876a36e370a24c12b3fc0b261236224c.rmr_iran_mav ericks_basketball_rmr104.jpg

He is one of the best Center in Asia, and he is going to play in the 2008 Beijing, Olympics to represent Iran. He is very mobile for a legit 7 footer, and he reminds me of a younger version of Zydrunas Ilgauskas.. With the lack of Natural Centers in the NBA i think General Managers and Talent Scouts should take a look at his potential, and maybe they could offer him a 10 day NBA Contract.

I think Hamed Ehadadi could make it in the NBA, and he is the only Asian beside the Chinese players that has the potential to be a good role player in the NBA.

Ehadadi scored 19 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists in his first Official Summer League Game againts the Dallas Mavericks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmweMX0Y-8M&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DIvRbShHsc&feature=related&fmt=18

Hamed Hadadi (218-C-85) has over the last few years consistently been developing his talent. I really hope he gets the appropriate exposure now in the U.S Summer League and play some good games in the Olympics to prove that he truly deserves a chance in the NBA.

daniab
07-21-2008, 11:30 AM

18[/url]

sorry but i think u missed el khatib,before talking about Haddadi.El khatib along with Yao ming were the only asian stars been talking about them internationally.its not you who can decide the number of the players has the potential to be a good players in the NBA.
good luck for haddadi.
Can you tell me the number of Chinese players have the potential to be in the NBA? its only one Yao ming and a little role to yi lian (whatever his name is)

bobo81
07-21-2008, 12:49 PM
He needs a lot of development but is headed in the right direction.

Afraid
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
sorry but i think u missed el khatib,before talking about Haddadi.El khatib along with Yao ming were the only asian stars been talking about them internationally.its not you who can decide the number of the players has the potential to be a good players in the NBA.
good luck for haddadi.
Can you tell me the number of Chinese players have the potential to be in the NBA? its only one Yao ming and a little role to yi lian (whatever his name is)
yes yes, el khatib is supernatural talent and plays in cherkasy mavpy (or whatever that team is..)

oldnews
07-21-2008, 05:16 PM
good luck for haddadi.

And yes, khatib is a superstar for Lobibaba NT (whatever the nation name is)

rikhardur
07-21-2008, 06:43 PM
yes yes, el khatib is supernatural talent and plays in cherkasy mavpy (or whatever that team is..)
Not anymore, you're a bit outdated :p
Hadadi (or is it Haddadi or Ehadadi?) is already a great player. I already wrote this somewhere, but I'm absolutely marvelled with him and I watched him play just a few times.

mohsena2631
07-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Hadadi (or is it Haddadi or Ehadadi?) is already a great player.

his full name is Hamed E.Hadadi (the correct spell is Haddadi )

daniab
07-21-2008, 09:26 PM

I dont know why you were offended ?
im replying about a fact that hadadi and the chinese players are only the potential players in asia to play in the NBA and this is not true.
Anyway im proud that the legend of the game M.jordan have talked about a lebanese player fadi el khatib.
For ur infos el khatib have signed in the NBA with LA Clippers but his local team refused to give him his release,then he took many offers from R.Madrid and many teams from Russia.

For oldnews,i challenge him to name me one skilled chinese player on any of the guards spot.

zouz
07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
i think the main reason why hamed doesn't play abroad is that he's not ready mentaly to do so....maybe he's afraid to play outside iran...i remember he got many offers and he turned them down for this reason...he's really good...he has a lot of potential...he need 2 change his way of thinking

rikhardur
07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
i think the main reason why hamed doesn't play abroad is that he's not ready mentaly to do so....maybe he's afraid to play outside iran...i remember he got many offers and he turned them down for this reason...he's really good...he has a lot of potential...he need 2 change his way of thinking
Aren't political reasons also there?

oldnews
07-22-2008, 06:10 AM
im replying about a fact that hadadi and the chinese players are only the potential players in asia to play in the NBA and this is not true.
Anyway im proud that the legend of the game M.jordan have talked about a lebanese player fadi el khatib.
For ur infos el khatib have signed in the NBA with LA Clippers but his local team refused to give him his release,then he took many offers from R.Madrid and many teams from Russia.

For oldnews,i challenge him to name me one skilled chinese player on any of the guards spot.

Hu Weidong,SG,SF the legend and the best asian player in 90's, have been given a contract by Dallas, failed for an Unfortunate injury, and was blocked by his club later.
Sun yue, PG,SG,SF,drafted in last year by lakers, has a very big chance to play in NBA this year.
Besides Yao and Yi, we have
Song Tao, be drafted by Atlanta in the third round, failed for serious injury.
Wang Zhizhi, the first chinese player in NBA, has played for dallas, clips, heats.
Bateer, has played for Denver, spurs, get his first NBA champion ring in spurs.
Xue Yuyang, drafted by Denver , was blocked by CBA goverment.

zouz
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
yes of course...this is the mentality i'm talking about...i think he's afraid not to be able to settle down in any foreign country...i don't think it's a money problem

Khalid80
07-22-2008, 12:30 PM

If the player has a real potential of becoming a superstar then even political issues shouldn't be such a big deal (unless Hadadi has a problem concerning this).
I still remember that when Yao Ming entered the NBA the U.S and China were not on best terms but I think the NBA wanted him to join them because of his potential and so that they could enter the Chinese market.

zouz
07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
If the player has a real potential of becoming a superstar then even political issues shouldn't be such a big deal (unless Hadadi has a problem concerning this).
I still remember that when Yao Ming entered the NBA the U.S and China were not on best terms but I think the NBA wanted him to join them because of his potential and so that they could enter the Chinese market.
it's a totaly different issue...china isn't iran...right now the whole world is against iran while china is now considered the best economical country in the world...also the mentality of the chinese players is not the same as the ones in iran...

mohsena2631
07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
it's a totaly different issue...china isn't iran...right now the whole world is against iran while china is now considered the best economical country in the world...also the mentality of the chinese players is not the same as the ones in iran...

hi zouz, you are totally wrong !

you must know that :
1) USA (+ EU) is not whole world
2) Ahmadinejad is not whole Iran

the dream of every Iranian basketballers is NBA, they never reject NBA offer. NEVER !

oldnews
07-22-2008, 05:13 PM

They are against Iranian goverment.
They won't reject Iranian basketball player.

zouz
07-22-2008, 07:46 PM
i am not talking about iranian goverment...i'm talking about the fact that hamed haddadi didn't want to leave iran bc he's afraid maybe to be abused by the fans or not to accomodate to new environments...he has already turned down many offers...maaybe he doesn't want to leave his family...i really hope for him the best and if he gets accepted in the nba then well done for him...i know nba is the best league but i think right now he's not able to play in this league...he needs to play outside iran to get more experience and then try out for nba

mohsena2631
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
i am not talking about iranian goverment...i'm talking about the fact that hamed haddadi didn't want to leave iran bc he's afraid maybe to be abused by the fans or not to accomodate to new environments...he has already turned down many offers...

What do you think about iranians ? :mad: :mad:
"he's afraid maybe to be abused by the fans", why ? :mad:
many iranian footballers are playing in europe, so why they don't fear? (even we had a player in MLS)

i dont know why he turned down Partizan offer. but your political reason is a joke for me as an iranian (who know Iranians better than you).

Please be careful when you talk about a country

Charbel Sakr
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Song Tao, be drafted by Atlanta in the third round, failed for serious injury.

third round????????????/ there are only 2 rounds in the NBA draft.

stuart
07-22-2008, 11:54 PM
third round????????????/ there are only 2 rounds in the NBA draft.

oldnews is referring to the 1980s when there was something like 12 rounds of draft picks.

Anyways, back on topic!

Stuart

jvandread
07-23-2008, 12:48 AM
If HAdadi in case made it to the NBA, I hope he will be given the chance to play and not to be bench and end up like wang zhizhi or tabuse.

Khalid80
07-23-2008, 06:45 AM
i am not talking about iranian goverment...i'm talking about the fact that hamed haddadi didn't want to leave iran bc he's afraid maybe to be abused by the fans or not to accomodate to new environments...he has already turned down many offers...maaybe he doesn't want to leave his family...i really hope for him the best and if he gets accepted in the nba then well done for him...i know nba is the best league but i think right now he's not able to play in this league...he needs to play outside iran to get more experience and then try out for nba

By the way do u know that the Iranian NT is currently in the U.S preparing for the Olympics and they were greeted in a very respectable way. When it comes to sports and especially in professional leagues such as the NBA and the Euroleague players are selected based on their skills and not from which country or political background they come from.

zouz
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
What do you think about iranians ? :mad: :mad:
"he's afraid maybe to be abused by the fans", why ? :mad:
many iranian footballers are playing in europe, so why they don't fear? (even we had a player in MLS)

i dont know why he turned down Partizan offer. but your political reason is a joke for me as an iranian (who know Iranians better than you).

Please be careful when you talk about a country
mohsena u didn't read carefully what i wrote:eek: ...i'm only talking about hamed haddadi not all iranian players...where did u read that i talked about iranian players...it's a thread for hamed not iranian players...i'm saying maybe he thinks like that...himmmm and only himmmmm...i'm talking about his mentality not iranian mentality...if u thought i offended u then i'm sorry but at least try to understand what i'm talking about...btw i am a soccer fan more than a basketball fan and i know all iranian players playing abroad...i repeat i'm not talking generally i'm just talking about what may be going through hamed's head

sergio23
07-23-2008, 11:57 PM
lol this guy? Hadadi? he is not an NBA material.. i remember he fouled out during Pilipinas-Iran game..he is guarding a 6'6 forward Kerby Raymundo, Hadadi only scored 3 points..he should dominate that game because of his height advantage but the result was the opposite he was outplayed by a 6'6 forward...he should stay in Iran because he is not that good...I'll go for El Khatib he is the real Asian superstar together with Yao..and Hadadi is far from reality..wake up!!

Lebron23
07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
lol this guy? Hadadi? he is not an NBA material.. i remember he fouled out during Pilipinas-Iran game..he is guarding a 6'6 forward Kerby Raymundo, Hadadi only scored 3 points..he should dominate that game because of his height advantage but the result was the opposite he was outplayed by a 6'6 forward...he should stay in Iran because he is not that good...I'll go for El Khatib he is the real Asian superstar together with Yao..and Hadadi is far from reality..wake up!!

He had a great performance in the 2007 FIBA Asia Championship Finals, when he scored 31 points, and grabbed 10 rebounds as the Iranians beat Lebanon to gained a slot in the Summer Olympics.

Hadadi is only 22 yrs.old, and he have 85 percent chance to make it in the NBA unlike Japeth and Chiu, who are probably lucky if some NBDL team will notice their potential or basketball Skills. :rolleyes:

He is currently playing right now in the Rocky Venue Summer League, and I expect him to showcase his skills in the 2008 Beijing, Olympics.

Some NBA Scouts are interested in him because he is so talented for a guy that is listed at 7'2", and maybe he gets a contract in the near future.

sergio23
07-24-2008, 07:35 AM
NBA or not he is no Yao!! and he is far fr5om being the next big thing..smaller guys like Raymundo can easily make Hadadi into foul trouble...peace out bro..

RetiredJordanStopper
07-28-2008, 05:03 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/olympics.basketball.players/images/hamed-ehadadi.jpg

he was featured in CNNSI.com's "Basketball Stars to Watch in Beijing"..his entry reads like this:

The 7-foot-2, 254-pound center poured in 31 points and grabbed 10 rebounds against Lebanon for the FIBA Asian Championship last year, helping Iran clinch its first Olympic basketball berth since 1948. He's expected to explore a move to the NBA following the Beijing Games.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/olympics.basketball.players/content.4.html

crouchingtiger
07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Ehadadi is quite mobile for his height, he played against Oberto and Scola in an exhibition game in China today and the argentine centers seemed to have no answer for this next big thing from asia.
By the way, to that poster who thinks Ehadadi is not good, I don't know who Raymundo is and I don't really care who he is, just don't be surprised when Ehadadi is drafted in the 2009 NBA draft

crouchingtiger
07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
If HAdadi in case made it to the NBA, I hope he will be given the chance to play and not to be bench and end up like wang zhizhi or tabuse.
Ehadadi is way better than Wang in terms of both physical and mental toughness. Wang has a soft touch, nice footwork down in the paint area but he does not play defense and has the tendency to avoid physical contact, a player that has no defensive skill will never survive in the NBA. Ehadadi is different, he is dominant both in the offensive and defensive end, I think he will fit well in the NBA.

bobo81
07-29-2008, 05:54 PM
He needs to bulk up, really bulk up.

reptile08
07-29-2008, 09:49 PM
:confused:

Please keep in mind that M.Jordan picked Kwame Brown over tyson chandler,pau gasol , Jason richardson in 2001 and Adam morisson over Brandon Roy couple of years ago, so I wouldn't bet on his scoutting abilities.

Lebron23
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
The Iranian National Team defeated Serbia 72-70

Hamed Ehadadi 20 points, 20 rebounds, 6 Block Shots

This guy is going to make it in the NBA.

http://www.nanjing2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/diamBall/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4002/gamename/2/groupname/B/langlc/en/roundid/6361/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Khalid80
07-30-2008, 04:25 PM
The Iranian National Team defeated Serbia 72-70

Hamed Ehadadi 20 points, 20 rebounds, 6 Block Shots

This guy is going to make it in the NBA.

http://www.nanjing2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/diamBall/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4002/gamename/2/groupname/B/langlc/en/roundid/6361/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Great game by Haddadi!
I'm very happy with how his game has developed over the last year.
I really hope he plays like this in the Olympics and for sure the guy deserves a chance in the NBA.

crouchingtiger
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Who said Ehadadi is no NBA material?

oldnews
08-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Ehadadi is way better than Wang in terms of both physical and mental toughness. Wang has a soft touch, nice footwork down in the paint area but he does not play defense and has the tendency to avoid physical contact, a player that has no defensive skill will never survive in the NBA. Ehadadi is different, he is dominant both in the offensive and defensive end, I think he will fit well in the NBA.

Wang is very athletic when he is young. He is just too old(24age) to have enough space to improve, when he was allowed to go to NBA.

Ehadadi has potential to play in NBA considering his age, but it depends on how he will improve. If he can't improve a lot there in NBA, he won't get more minutes than Wang did.

But I have heard some rumor that the middle east players have the same age problem with China. So is his age real?

rikhardur
08-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Wang is very athletic when he is young. He is just too old(24age) to have enough space to improve, when he was allowed to go to NBA.
24 is not too old for anything, on the contrary. Take Ginóbili's case and there are countless others. But I'm one of those who thinks Wang was/is underrated.

oldnews
08-02-2008, 10:26 AM
24 is not too old for anything, on the contrary. Take Ginóbili's case and there are countless others. But I'm one of those who thinks Wang was/is underrated.

Considering the age problem in China, he is possibly older than 24.
Ginóbili had mentioned that he has not improved a lot in NBA, it's just that he get more suitable to NBA.

rikhardur
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Was the age thing also hitting Wang? I really didn't know.

Khalid80
08-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Ginóbili had mentioned that he has not improved a lot in NBA, it's just that he get more suitable to NBA.

I don't mean this as an insult but i have noticed many times that the age and height of Chinese players is not that clear in the Chinese media (for ex. they would say the player is between 205-208 cm and his age is 20-22?).
Why is that the case? is it cuz there aren't any proper statistics taken in China?

RetiredJordanStopper
08-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Scouting reports from DraftExpress.com

Ehadadi is unquestionably the star of the Iranian National Team, possessing tremendous size and nice touch at the rim. At roughly 7’2” tall, the 1985 born center plays professionally in Iran with Saba Battery BC. He’s one of the few members of the Iranian National Team that’s had the opportunity to play abroad, but turned down a contract with Partizan Belgrade to continue playing domestically. Hadadi isn’t a very polished athlete and was winded by the third quarter, but he showed the ability to put the ball in the basket when he got touches at the rim. Unfortunately for Hadadi, he’ll probably be playing almost every single minute of every game with Iran’s other center, 7’4” Jaber Rouzbahani, out of action due to illness. Hadadi’s mobility is limited, as is his leaping ability, but his sheer size and ability to finish makes him a nice asset for a team that doesn’t have many other consistent offensive threats. The young center has above average hands, but is prone to turnovers. Defensively, he’s not much of shot blocker due to a lack of quickness, nor does he alter many shots due to only average anticipation. Hadadi’s may never leave Iran to play professionally, but he’s unquestionably the nation’s top domestically born player.

-Mohammad Samad Nikkhah Bahrami was the other player in double figures for Iran. A small forward with good size, Bahrami lacks athleticism, but possesses a consistent, albeit very flat jump shot.

The third day of the Rocky Mountain Revue saw Mohammad Samad Nikkhah Bahrami played well in a very emotional third quarter.

Last December, Nikkhah lost his brother, a fellow member of the Iranian National Team in a tragic car accident. The Utah Jazz made a very classy gesture at halftime, presenting a Jazz jersey with his name on the back to Nikkhah and his mother followed by a moment of silence in Aidin Nikkhah Bahrami’s memory. It was a very emotional moment for the Iranian National Team, and the fans in Utah responded appropriately.

With Hamed Hadadi going down with a hamstring tweak early in the game, Nikkhah had to carry the load for Iran, doing his best to keep the score close. After the halftime ceremony in memory of his brohter, Nikkhah played inspired basketball, knocking down a handful a jumpers and lay ups on his way to 10 points in the third quarter. With his combination of shooting ability, size, and aggressiveness, Nikkhah is probably the second best player on Iran’s roster, and will be a key cog for them in the Olympics.

RetiredJordanStopper
08-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Iran NT in Local US News TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALgLn4-hIZc

Iran NT on NBA TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2pwf43gCc&NR=1

stuart
08-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Any news on Ehadadi's ankle?

Stuart

mohsena2631
08-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Any news on Ehadadi's ankle?

Stuart

his injury was not serious, he is ok now :)

satria_muda
08-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi mohsena Im from Indonesia , sometime I following Iran basket, I remember Iran was Asian u18 & U 20 champion years ago, and I remember Jaber rouzbehani was your key player on rhose games ,my question where's Hedadi at that time ?

before Asian Championsip ,what I only heard about him was, when he tryied to cut his wrist 'I think..

mohsena2631
08-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi mohsena Im from Indonesia , sometime I following Iran basket, I remember Iran was Asian u18 & U 20 champion years ago, and I remember Jaber rouzbehani was your key player on rhose games ,my question where's Hedadi at that time ?

before Asian Championsip ,what I only heard about him was, when he tryied to cut his wrist 'I think..

hi satria, you are wrong, Haddadi played in 2004 U20 Asian championship and he was Iran's key player. he also played in 2002 U18 Asian Champs (Iran finished 2nd for first time)

but you are right about his personal problems , but he didnt cut it on purpose, it was just an accident.

read it
http://forums.interbasket.net/showpost.php?p=151614&postcount=17

BBallfanJ
08-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Apparently, Memphis is interested in this guy. The Grizzlies are hoping to sign him next week, according to realgm.com.

sinobball
08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Apparently, Memphis is interested in this guy. The Grizzlies are hoping to sign him next week, according to realgm.com.
Great news, even if it is just a preseaon contract, it will be a remarkable achievement. First Iranian in NBA? (Or first Iranian professional athlete in America, even?)

Charbel Sakr
08-09-2008, 06:45 AM

don't believe realgm.com, its just a rumors site

but gd luck for him, and memphis will probably be the team where he can get few minutes

Khalid80
08-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I think Haddadi's chances of ending up in the NBA will be determined greatly by how he performs in the Olympics. If the guy can matchup aganist the centers of the opposing teams and plays well against them then imo he should get a chance to play in the NBA.

zouz
08-09-2008, 12:53 PM
i hope he do well in the olympics...best of luck for him and for team iran:)

Charbel Sakr
08-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I think Haddadi's chances of ending up in the NBA will be determined greatly by how he performs in the Olympics. If the guy can matchup aganist the centers of the opposing teams and plays well against them then imo he should get a chance to play in the NBA.

definitely, NBA scouts will be watching closely.
If he plays good he will probably get an offer from at least 1 nba team.

RetiredJordanStopper
08-19-2008, 05:58 PM
NBA teams seek clearance to sign Iranian

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 6 hours, 56 minutes ago

BEIJING – As interest has grown in the NBA over signing 7-foot-2 Iranian Olympian Hamed Ehadadi, the league office has sent a letter to its 30 teams instructing that they are forbidden to even discuss a contract with Ehadadi, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

In the letter, which was sent Friday, NBA legal counsel wrote: “It has come to our attention that representatives of Hamed Ehadadi, an Iranian basketball player, may be contacting NBA teams to discuss the possibility of signing Mr. Ehadadi to an NBA player contract.

“We have been advised that a federal statue prohibits a person or organization in the United States from engaging in business dealings with Iranian nationals.”

The NBA is applying to the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control for a license that, “if granted,” the league said, would allow teams to negotiate with the 23-year-old Ehadadi. Until then, no franchise is allowed to do so.

Commissioner David Stern invited the Iranian national team to compete in July’s NBA summer league in Utah, allowing the team a pre-Olympics tune-up. When NBA teams started to show an interest in signing Ehadadi, Stern had league counsel begin the process of clearing a path through this complicated circumstance with the U.S. State Department.

After his most impressive game of these Olympics – 21 points and 16 rebounds in a 97-82 loss to Argentina on Saturday – Ehadadi, a center, said through an assistant coach, Mehran Hatami, “It is my dream to play in the NBA.”

When asked if he had been in contact with NBA teams, Ehadadi said, “two or three,” including the Memphis Grizzlies.

“It’s our pleasure for one player from Iran to one day play in the NBA,” Hatami said. “I am sure he will play there this season because he has played great (at the Olympics). He is a talented player. He is OK for beginning in the NBA. After practicing a few years, you will see that he will be one of the great players.”

League executives don’t exactly share Iran’s grand vision for Ehadadi. He’s considered a project – “Pretty limited,” one league executive said Saturday – but there has been intrigue with his developing offensive game and an ability to block shots. In Iran’s four losses in Pool B thus far, Ehadadi has averaged 16.5 points, 10 rebounds and 2.5 blocks.

“He’s huge,” one NBA scouting director said. “You have to give him that.”

After going unselected in the 2004 NBA draft, Ehadadi became a free agent eligible to sign with any team. He has played with several clubs in the Iranian professional league, including Peyakan and Sanam. Ehadadi gathered some favorable reviews among several NBA scouts for his play with Iran in the summer league.

“The Iranian basketball federation supports him to play in the best situation for his basketball career,” Hatami said. “We would like for him to go to a place where he will play, not sit on the bench. That’s very important for our basketball – and also for him.”

If that’s the case, Iranian officials are likely to be disappointed if Ehadadi ever does get to the NBA. For now, politics make him wait to get that opportunity.

geeup
08-23-2008, 10:34 PM
http://english.ohmynews.com/ArticleView/article_view.asp?menu=A11100&no=383450&rel_no=1&back_url=

While his agent and representatives of two NBA clubs were set to continue their negotiations on transferring Haddadi from Iran's Saba Battery to either the Memphis Grizzlies or Houston Rockets...

Hamed has one offer from the Toronto Raptors in hand, while rejecting another from the Serbian club KK Partizan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/basketball/news?slug=aw-nbairanianplayers082008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

After receiving U.S. government approval, Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi has been cleared to sign with NBA teams

HoopNightmare
08-28-2008, 11:35 PM
IT's official! He just signed. I wish him all of the success. I hope he can help bridge the gap between the two countries. Even if its only a little!

BBallfanJ
08-29-2008, 12:57 AM
What's your source? I believe you, just where did you get this?

Nevermind, I just saw it on realgm.com. My bad.

nardy
08-29-2008, 04:56 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuIV3SmSKPco8_lGHQ1jLV.8vLYF?slug=ap-grizzlies-haddadi&prov=ap&type=lgns

Grizzlies sign Iranian center Haddadi
5 hours, 5 minutes ago

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP)—The Memphis Grizzlies signed free-agent center Hamed Haddadi, who played for the Iranian national team in the Olympics.

The 7-foot-2, 254-pound Haddadi averaged 16.6 points, 11.2 rebounds and 2.6 blocks in Beijing.

The 23-year-old Haddadi spent the 2007-08 season playing for Saba Battery BC in the Iranian Super League.

nardy
08-29-2008, 06:01 AM
News at the Memphis Grizzlies NBA.com website (http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/grizzlies_sign_hamed_haddadi-080828.html)

Grizzlies sign Iranian center Hamed Haddadi

Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE

23-year-old led all 2008 Olympic players in rebounding and blocks.

Memphis, August 28, 2008 — The Memphis Grizzlies signed free-agent center Hamed Haddadi pronounced (ha-MED ha-DAHD-dee), who led all 2008 Olympians in rebounding and blocks, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The Ahvaz, Iran native recently participated in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China, where he was the only player to average a double-double (16.6 points, 11.2 rebounds, 2.6 blocks) in Olympic competition while playing five games for the Iranian National Team.

The 7-2, 254-pound center had his best performance came against eventual bronze medal winner Argentina when he had a team-high 21 points and game-high 16 rebounds on Aug. 16.

“We are pleased to sign Hamed,” said Wallace. “He is a young center who was very productive as a rebounder, shotblocker and scorer at the Rocky Mountain Revue Summer League in Salt Lake City, Utah, the 2008 Olympics and the FIBA Diamond Ball Tournament in Nanjing, China prior to the Olympics. Our coaching staff is eager to begin working with Hamed.”

Haddadi, who is slated to become the first Iranian to play in the NBA, poured in 31 points and grabbed 10 rebounds against Lebanon in the 2007 FIBA Asian Championship in Japan, helping Iran clinch its first Olympic basketball berth since 1948.

The 23-year-old, who was not selected in the 2004 NBA Draft, recently averaged 14.0 points, 11.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks in 25.5 minutes in two games for the Iranian team against NBA competition at the 2008 Rocky Mountain Revue.

Haddadi, who spent the 2007-08 season playing for Saba Battery BC in the Iranian Super League, will join former Grizzlies Jake Tsakalidis and Cezary Trybanski as the tallest players in franchise history. He is also the second Grizzlies player to appear in the 2008 Olympics, joining center Marc Gasol, who captured a silver medal with the Spanish National Team.

Khalid80
08-29-2008, 06:51 AM
Congrats for Haddadi! I'm really happy for him and wish him all the best with the Grizzlies! I hope he and Mark Gasol can form a nice combo duo.

rhk111
08-30-2008, 06:18 AM
Congratulations to Hamed for finally making it to the NBA. I've always known he would make it someday, with his terrific performances in the major FIBA-Asia tournaments lately.

Undoubtedly he is one of the best Centers in Asia today.

Good luck to his NBA career.

lrangels
08-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Congratulations to Hamed for finally making it to the NBA. I've always known he would make it someday, with his terrific performances in the major FIBA-Asia tournaments lately.

Undoubtedly he is one of the best Centers in Asia today.

Good luck to his NBA career.

My congratulations to him as well. This is certainly a great day for Asian basketball.

;)

rikhardur
08-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Congrats to Hadadi, he will finally fulfill his dream! I will surely watch him closely in the league, he's one of my favourite players right now.

mvblair
09-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Congrats to Hadadi, he will finally fulfill his dream! I will surely watch him closely in the league, he's one of my favourite players right now.Me too. I really want him to be successful in the NBA. I don't know why, I guess I kind of want to see tensions between the West and Iran cool. I think sports can do that a little.

Charbel Sakr
09-01-2008, 07:35 AM
As i see it, even if ehadadi gets few minutes he will benefit greatly from playing against the worlds best centers on a regular basis like yao, howard, duncan, bynum...

and i think he will add a lot of strength in the nba. This guy is going to be unstoppable in Asia.

LordOfLeyte
09-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Memphis is sporting an INTERNATIONAL big-men line up. M Gasol, Millicic and Hadadi. Pair them all with Gay, Mayo and Conley and u have an exciting young team. I'm looking forward to the Houston Rockets vs Memphis Griz games; Yao versus Hadadi match-ups. Asia's premiere centers.:)

the cool cat
09-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Iranian Center Joins Grizzlies
By Mike Slane on Aug. 29, 2008 at 10:14 a.m. ET

In need of a rebounder and shot blocker, the Memphis Grizzlies turned to Iran for help.

Just over a week after receiving U.S. government approval to sign an Iranian player, the Grizzlies inked center Hamed Haddadi on Thursday.

Memphis would not release the terms of the deal, but the Memphis Commercial Appeal reports that the contract is worth the equivalent to that of a mid first-round pick.

The 7-foot-2, 254-pound Haddadi led all Olympians in Beijing in rebounding (11.2) and blocks (2.6) while averaging 16.6 points in five games for Iran, which did not advance to the medal round. Haddadi, who was not selected in the 2004 NBA Draft, drew the interest of several NBA teams when the Iranian team competed against NBA teams this summer in Utah.

“[Haddadi] is a young center who was very productive as a rebounder, shot blocker and scorer at the Rocky Mountain Revue Summer League in Salt Lake City, Utah, the 2008 Olympics and the FIBA Diamond Ball Tournament in Nanjing, China prior to the Olympics," Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace said. "Our coaching staff is eager to begin working with Hamed.”

The 23-year-old Haddadi, who spent the 2007-08 season playing for Saba Battery BC in the Iranian Super League, could become the first Iranian to play in the NBA.

Haddadi was not the only international player signed by an NBA team this week. On Monday, the Los Angeles Lakers signed China's Sun Yue to a multi-year contract.

The 6-9 guard, known as the "Chinese Magic Johnson", was originally selected by the Lakers in the second round (40th overall) of 2007 Draft.

[This thread was in the Philippines section and it's place was obviously not there... Keep that in mind the next time will you? This is an international forum, there aren't matters to be discussed just by Filipinos or any others. rikhardur]

the cool cat
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
good development for the iranian basketball community.. i am starting to ask myself, why does philippines never got one in the NBA.. WHY?

viridianus
09-04-2008, 12:55 PM
...now it will be very interesting to look to Grizzilies'f international frontcourt: at this moment, they have Milicic, Gasol (Marc, of course), the Iranian hope...NBA is increasingly going to be no boundaries...but I sincerely doubt about the results the Tennesssee team will achieve, at least this season...

mvblair
09-04-2008, 05:15 PM
...but I sincerely doubt about the results the Tennesssee team will achieve, at least this season... I do too. They are a very, very young team and their veteran players include Darko Milicic and Antoine Walker. I can't see them having a great season. But I hope they prove us wrong, Viridianus! I want them to be succesful. They've certainly got some young players who will develop.

Ishmael
09-08-2008, 08:48 AM

interesting, always keep in mind, people improve, and it was amazing how Hamed has, the NBA has better scouts than we are and if they choose him and gave him a contract equaled to a 1st round pick then they must know something that we dont. he is an amazing player, no need to insult him in such a way, in regards to guarding Kerby Raymundo, height isnt everything, you are telling me shaq wont foul out if he was guarding, lets say D. Wade, the smaller player has speed advantage, rules advantage, and etc.

mohsena2631
09-28-2008, 02:03 AM
http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/content/sports/story.aspx?content_id=f39a0ebc-73c4-488b-82f1-a87b431566b7

Haddadi arives in Memphis

Memphis, TN - New Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi touched down at Memphis Internatioanl Airport early Friday afternoon, ending speculation that the Iranian's entrance into the United States would be delayed due to immigration issues.

Haddadi was greeted at the airport by Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace, Director of Player Personnel Tony Barone, Sr., and Director of Scouting Tony Barone, Jr., as well as members of the Memphis Iranian community.

Grizzlies training camp begins Tuesday, September 30.

Ishmael
09-28-2008, 05:53 AM
moshen jhan, you beat me to it, hoping for hadadi to get the starting job from darko...

Khalid80
09-28-2008, 06:41 PM
http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/content/sports/story.aspx?content_id=f39a0ebc-73c4-488b-82f1-a87b431566b7

Haddadi arives in Memphis

Memphis, TN - New Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi touched down at Memphis Internatioanl Airport early Friday afternoon, ending speculation that the Iranian's entrance into the United States would be delayed due to immigration issues.

Haddadi was greeted at the airport by Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace, Director of Player Personnel Tony Barone, Sr., and Director of Scouting Tony Barone, Jr., as well as members of the Memphis Iranian community.

Grizzlies training camp begins Tuesday, September 30.

I wish him all the best and hope that this day will be the start of a great career for him :)

satria_muda
09-29-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hamed-Ehsan-Haddadi/49113610448

^^^
is that really Arsalan Kazemi on the wall of comment in Hamed Haddadi facebook ? :rolleyes:

Butata
09-30-2008, 02:29 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ca/fullj.0a63aa1e5fc50100d190bd8926f6963d/0a63aa1e5fc50100d190bd8926f6963d-getty-82921743jm015_media_day.jpg

ankle breaker
10-01-2008, 02:17 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_haddadi_memphisgrizzlies.jpg
against Marc Gasol

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_haddadi_memphisgrizzlies1.jpg
running drill

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_haddadi_memphisgrizzlies2.jpg
team huddle

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_haddadi_memphisgrizzlies3.jpg
against darrell arthur #00 and marc gasol

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_haddadi_memphisgrizzlies4.jpg
free throw drill

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_haddadi_memphisgrizzlies5.jpg
with OJ mayo

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_haddadi_memphisgrizzlies6.jpg
shooting drill

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_haddadi_memphisgrizzlies7.jpg
running drill

mvblair
10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks so much for the pictures! Ehadadi has some huge hands. He obviously needs to put on some muscle, but every player in the NBA not named Shaquille O'Neal needs to do that. Also, is it me, or does Marc Gasol still need to lose weight? I think it's just me.

alex15
10-02-2008, 02:01 AM
This is great for Asia basketball.....Congratz!:D

Khalid80
10-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Those are great pics of Haddadi :)
I especially liked the one with him standing next to Marc Gasol and Darko Milicic. Those 3 big men are the hope of the Grizzlies in the near future.

JGX
10-02-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/oct/02/grizzlies-notebook/

Mixed signals

Sometimes a language barrier between foreign players and American players, coaches and executives isn't limited to the spoken word. Take what happened Tuesday morning: Griz general manager Chris Wallace attempted to encourage Iranian center Hamed Haddadi during practice with a simple thumbs-up sign. But a thumbs up doesn't always mean what you think.

Turns out that gesture in Iran takes on the same meaning as someone flipping a middle finger in the States.

Oops.

and

Griz TV

NBA Entertainment has been in town filming the Grizzlies' practices and capturing Haddadi's experience as the first Iranian to play in the league. NBAE will post video on NBA.com and some scenes may appear on television during "Inside Stuff."

Soon, NBAE will trail Haddadi as he experiences a slice of Memphis with teammates Rudy Gay and Kyle Lowry for a lunch on Beale Street.

Seems like cameras following him around could be a big distraction.

http://www.grizzliesonline.com/index.php?/tumbleson/comments/training_camp_day_2/

Grizzlies Head Coach Marc Iavaroni on why the Grizzlies wanted Hamed Haddadi…
“His size and his talent. His potential. You can’t teach size. He is very big. He’s got nice hands. He’s got good footwork. He’s got good lateral movement. He showed a willingness to play physically in Salt Lake at the Rocky Mountain Revue and that translated into success at the Olympic Games. You have to be a tough guy to lead everyone in rebounding there. You have to be a tough guy to block a lot of shots. We like toughness on the front line and we thought that he fit that mold.”

On when he first heard of Haddadi...
“Our pro scout Gordan Chiesa saw him in the Rocky Mountain Revue and he immediately called Chris Wallace and told him about him, and to his credit, Mike Heisley got involved and said that we should go after him and show a commitment to him financially with a contract, and he didn’t forget that when other teams got involved. We liked that about him because it speaks highly of him and his family.”

On the biggest challenge to Haddadi in coming to America...
“I think that he’ll want to pick up the language as quickly as possible. Culturally it’s probably very different from Tehran. I think that once he gets over that and starts making friends it will become easier and easier for him.”

On what will it take for Haddadi’s rookie year to be considered a success...
“I think that right now it would be to be a part of the rotation. Being on the court and playing important minutes when the score is close I think will help him. He’s going to have to earn that.”

ankle breaker
10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_againstdarcomilicic.jpg
haddadi against darko milicic

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_againstmarcgasol.jpg
haddadi against marc gasol

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_lacingupshoes.jpg
haddadi lacing up shoes before practice

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_laugh.jpg
hamed smiling

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_laughing.jpg
hamed smiling at practice

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_practicegame.jpg
haddadi defending mike conley jr with marc gasol

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_rebounding.jpg
hamed grabs a rebound at practice

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_stretching.jpg
hamed stretching before practice

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_strollinginthestreetsw.jpg
hamed haddadi with GM wallace and wife and rudy gay strolling nearby the grizzlies practice facilities

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_teamhuddle.jpg
haddadi team huddle 1

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_teamhuddle1.jpg
haddadi team huddle 2

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_withCoachIavaroni.jpg
hamed practices with coach mike

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_withCoachIavaroni1.jpg
hamed practices with coach mike

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_withrudygay.jpg
hamed with rudy gay

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_withrudygay_laughing.jpg
hamed with rudy gay and GM wallace's wife laughing

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_with_OJMayo.jpg
hamed with OJ mayo

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedhaddadi_with_OJMayo_antoinewal.jpg
hamed with OJ mayo and antoine walker

mvblair
10-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Seems like cameras following him around could be a big distraction. It won't be as bad as it was for Yao, but I imagine there will be some distractions. NBA fans in the US are curious about him because, I think, genuinely want to know about his culture and his ways. NBA fans in Iran are curious about him because he's their first countryman to play in the NBA.

I really hope he does well.

ankle breaker
10-06-2008, 05:01 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_againstmarcgasol.jpg
boxing out with marc gasol

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_againstmarcgasol_rebound.jpg
grabbing a rebound against marc gasol

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_againstmilicic.jpg
defending against darko milicic

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_againstmilicic_jumpball.jpg
jumpball against milicic

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_grizzliesfansday.jpg
teaching a little fan to shoot

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_grizzliesfansday1.jpg
helping a little fan to shoot

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamed_withteammates.jpg
team members introduction by coach mike

ricodgame
10-07-2008, 11:36 AM
i really hope hamed will be given a playing time.

JGX
10-08-2008, 04:13 AM
Haddadi played 17 minutes in the Grizzlies' exhibition against the Rockets tonight. Finished with 4 points, 5 rebounds, 4 fouls, and 2 turnovers.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/oct/07/griz-dont-plan-on-slowing-down/

The Griz will seek to create opportunities off pick-and-rolls and drive-and-kick plays instead of setting up in the post as they have in the past.

"The bigs aren't a big part of it," Iavaroni said. "Obviously, Marc Gasol and Darko (Milicic) are ahead of Hamed (Haddadi). They're setting a lot of screens right now. We're slowly but surely putting in our post game."

ricodgame
10-09-2008, 03:28 AM
Hamed Ehadadi played for 8minutes then grabbed 1 rebound, dished out an assist, then blocked 1 shot in a preseason game lose against the Washington Wizards. What bothers me though in 8 minutes he only attempted 1 shot, and he did not score.

-- and by the way, Darko Milicic was not fielded.

JGX
10-09-2008, 06:02 AM
The Grizzlies played their starters big minutes--Gay and Warrick played 38 minutes each--and lost to a Wizards team missing Arenas/Jamison/Butler/Haywood. Even though it's just a pre-season game that is still pretty sad.

mvblair
10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
The Grizzlies played their starters big minutes--Gay and Warrick played 38 minutes each--and lost to a Wizards team missing Arenas/Jamison/Butler/Haywood. Even though it's just a pre-season game that is still pretty sad. That's awful. That's really bad. It was Mayo's 3-11 shooting and Gay's 5-19 shooting. Memphis made 2-17 three pointers. Is that what we're going to see in the regular season? If so, Haddadi's fans are in for a long year.

The good news is that Antoine Walker had his best game in 3 years. He all of his shots, but he racked up 4 rebounds and only 1 turnover.

damelo
10-09-2008, 04:19 PM
That's awful. That's really bad. It was Mayo's 3-11 shooting and Gay's 5-19 shooting. Memphis made 2-17 three pointers. Is that what we're going to see in the regular season? If so, Haddadi's fans are in for a long year.

The good news is that Antoine Walker had his best game in 3 years. He all of his shots, but he racked up 4 rebounds and only 1 turnover.

Lol at Toine!

Well, Rudy Gay, and Mayo too, seem to me not to be ready yet to take too many shots in a game. They are quite athletic for sure, but... Something misses.
As Memphis chose to give them the keys, and the shots, Memphis will struggle. I hope it will benefit the centers, especially Marc as I know he has great post moves, and Haddadi.
It would be quite interesting to see Haddadi starting in preseason, for comparison to what Marc can do.

karim
10-18-2008, 12:47 AM
haddadi hasnt been in the top 12 the last 2 games ...its either he was removed from the top 12 and placed in the players between 13 and 15 or waived from the team .......

Ishmael
10-18-2008, 01:26 AM
he is playing against indiana, 4 rebounds so far, 4 points and an assist.

ankle breaker
10-23-2008, 04:16 PM
hamed haddadi
1 pt (1/4 FT's, 0/4 FG's)
3 rebs (def)
1 ast
2 blks
1 TO
1 PF

in 14 mins of action.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedagainstfoyle.jpg
posting up adonal foyle of the grenadines

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/bol-anon1234/hamedagainsthoward.jpg
dunked over by the superman dwight howard

JGX
10-28-2008, 02:52 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/oct/26/meet-the-team/

Hamed Haddadi

Position: center

Height, weight: 7-2, 280

How he got here: Signed as a free agent on Aug. 28. He was eligible but not selected in the 2004 draft.

Experience: rookie

Outlook: Haddadi captured the league's attention with a strong showing in the Rocky Mountain Revue, a summer league in Salt Lake City. He averaged 14 points and 11.5 rebounds. Despite equally good numbers during pool play in the Beijing Olympics, Haddadi is a project who will be hard-pressed to see the court barring foul trouble or injury to Marc Gasol or Darko Milicic. Rebounding is Haddadi's immediate forte, but he lacks overall physical strength.

Khalid80
10-28-2008, 07:36 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/oct/26/meet-the-team/

Do u guys remember when Yao Ming first entered the NBA. He was very skinny and his physical strength needed alot of conditioning. This is the case with Haddadi. He needs to head to the gym and build some physical muscle power.

rikhardur
11-22-2008, 08:56 PM
The Grizzlies will send Haddadi to the D-League (Dakota Wizards) :( Seriously, I'd pick him over Darko.

mohsena2631
11-22-2008, 10:07 PM
The Grizzlies will send Haddadi to the D-League (Dakota Wizards) :( Seriously, I'd pick him over Darko.

Well, this isn't surprising news to me, because Hamed told that to Iranian media some days ago !

anyway, I wish the best luck for him :)

Charbel Sakr
11-23-2008, 05:03 AM

its not like Darko getting big mins, anyways D-league is a better place for hamed to refine his game. Iran can go the WC 2010 in turkey!

Khalid80
11-23-2008, 04:15 PM
its not like Darko getting big mins, anyways D-league is a better place for hamed to refine his game. Iran can go the WC 2010 in turkey!

True. Since Haddadi had no chance of getting any playing time with the Grizzlies, it's better for him to at least play in the D-League and get some minutes and experience than warming the bench in the NBA.
I hope he plays well though and then gets the chance to rejoin the NBA later on in the season.

JGX
11-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Haddadi had 14 points (5-11 FG, 4-6 FT) and 6 rebounds in 21 minutes in his first D-League game.

rikhardur
12-10-2008, 11:17 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/dleague/h_haddadi_490_081208.jpg

Hamed Haddadi, Dakota Wizards

The first Iranian player to make an NBA roster has seen limited action while on assignment in Dakota, averaging 15.4 minutes over five games. The first NBA player assigned to Dakota since the 2006-07 season is posting averages of 6.6 points and 4.6 rebounds for the Wizards. His best game so far came in his season debut when he scored 14 points, grabbed six rebounds, and blocked three shots in a loss to Iowa.
http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=5700022068

Khalid80
12-11-2008, 11:50 AM
"Haddadi will have long NBA career: Dakota Wizards GM - (by Houman Bagheri)

TEHRAN -- Dakota Wizards General Manager Tom Wagganer predicted that Iranian international Hamed Haddadi will prove himself in the NBDL (National Basketball Development League) and have a long career in the NBA.

Its a great opportunity for us to continue our relationship with the (Memphis) Grizzlies and provide Hamed with an opportunity to gain very important experience in Dakota. Plus he seems to be a nice kid who can help us gain another D-League championship.

Asked whether Haddadi deserves to play in the NBA, Wagganer said, Undoubtedly Hamed deserves to earn a spot in the prestigious league. The talent level in the NBA is so high and nothing is guaranteed. As with anyone, if an NBA team feels that a player has the skills or the potential to play at the NBA level, he deserves a chance to earn a spot on a roster and then deserves a chance to fight with his teammates to earn playing time.

It is too soon to judge Haddadis qualities, he added.

Hes only been with us for a week, so its tough to judge. From the practices that Ive seen, he has a good feel for the game and obviously has a great size. His biggest adjustment will come from getting used to the speed of the NBA game...which is why the D-League is a terrific opportunity for players like Hamed. I think Hamed is starting to get a better grasp of the pace of the game and if he continues to improve his conditioning, he can definitely make a big impact on our league, which will give him the foundation for a long career in the NBA, concluded Wagganer.

Courtesy Tehran Times"

I really hope that ends up being true. Haddadi still has alot of work to do in the D-League before he makes it back to the NBA.

mohsena2631
12-25-2008, 01:37 AM
Grizzlies Recall Haddadi From D-League

The Memphis Grizzlies have recalled center Hamed Haddadi from the Dakota Wizards of the NBA Development League, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. Haddadi posted 6.0 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.55 blocks in 17.7 minutes in 11 games (seven starts) with the Wizards. Memphis assigned the 7-2, 280-pound center to the Wizards on Nov. 24.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56171/20081224/grizzlies_recall_haddadi_from_d_league/

Khalid80
12-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Grizzlies Recall Haddadi From D-League

The Memphis Grizzlies have recalled center Hamed Haddadi from the Dakota Wizards of the NBA Development League, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. Haddadi posted 6.0 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.55 blocks in 17.7 minutes in 11 games (seven starts) with the Wizards. Memphis assigned the 7-2, 280-pound center to the Wizards on Nov. 24.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56171/20081224/grizzlies_recall_haddadi_from_d_league/

I heard that Haddadi was getting the NBA minimum salary while playing with the Dakota Wizards (same amount he was getting with the Grizzlies) which is $470,000 per year so that's good for him.
I hope he gets the chance to play at least a few minutes with the Grizzlies this season.

Charbel Sakr
12-27-2008, 08:06 AM
I heard that Haddadi was getting the NBA minimum salary while playing with the Dakota Wizards (same amount he was getting with the Grizzlies) which is $470,000 per year so that's good for him.
I hope he gets the chance to play at least a few minutes with the Grizzlies this season.

why do u think he is getting 470,000 $? grizzles said (when they signed him) that he will get as much as a mid first round pick would get and according to hoopshype.com ehaddadi is getting 1.5 M this year

Khalid80
12-27-2008, 11:05 AM
why do u think he is getting 470,000 $? grizzles said (when they signed him) that he will get as much as a mid first round pick would get and according to hoopshype.com ehaddadi is getting 1.5 M this year

NBA TV on Christmas Eve were showing games from the D-League and by chance they were broadcasting the game of the Dakota Wizards :D (probably cuz there were no NBA games that night). The commentator mentioned that Haddadi was getting the NBA minimum salary in the D-League and he mentioned it as being $470,000.

I just assumed that this was the amount that he was getting with the Grizzlies.
If what ur saying is correct then if he stayed with the Dakota Wizards then he would be getting almost 1/3 of what the Grizzlies were paying (and that would suck big time :D ).

Charbel Sakr
12-28-2008, 09:05 AM
NBA TV on Christmas Eve were showing games from the D-League and by chance they were broadcasting the game of the Dakota Wizards :D (probably cuz there were no NBA games that night). The commentator mentioned that Haddadi was getting the NBA minimum salary in the D-League and he mentioned it as being $470,000.

I just assumed that this was the amount that he was getting with the Grizzlies.
If what ur saying is correct then if he stayed with the Dakota Wizards then he would be getting almost 1/3 of what the Grizzlies were paying (and that would suck big time :D ).

wow weird but i guess the numbers from hoopshype.com are reliable. but still 470,000$ are good, he used to get much less in IRAN

rikhardur
12-31-2008, 02:48 AM
Haddadi had his first minutes in the NBA, playing 4 minutes, scoring 2 points (2-2 FT) and grabbing 1 rebound.

mohsena2631
12-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Haddadi had his first minutes in the NBA, playing 4 minutes, scoring 2 points (2-2 FT) and grabbing 1 rebound.

It is a good news :) , I hope he play more minutes in future :)

karim
12-31-2008, 03:02 PM
he played yesterday because darko milicic got injured and the grizzlies have only haddadi now as a center besides gasol ...so we should expect him to play more since darko will be out 4-6 weeks ... on the second hand there is a huge chance they might get a center from somewhere else and waive haddadi since the very few minutes haddadi played he didnt show much and when resting gasol the grizzlies prefered playing 5 small men than putting haddadi with them at the center ...i guess their gonna give him a couple of games to try him out and see if he is ready to play minutes behind gasol ...from the game i watched yesterday he seemed slow,weak and grant hill went easily on him for layup so we,ll wait and see ...

Charbel Sakr
01-02-2009, 06:50 AM
It is a good news :) , I hope he play more minutes in future :)

pray that M. Gasol and Milicic get injured, thats the only way ehadaddi plays more

eliooo93
01-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Hamed Ehadadi did not play in the game against the spurs even though milicic was absent:(

eliooo93
01-05-2009, 01:32 AM
hamed had 0pt 1 reb and 1 assist in 1:45min againts dallas

princeofpersia1
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20090109/MEMTOR/boxscore.html

Haddadi didn't play against Toronto Raptors because apparently he has "visa issues", does anyone know anything more about this?

I hear he had problems getting into Canada, and was seen on a flight straight back to Memphis.

Memphis got beated badly, so I presume if he was there he could have had some minutes at the end.

mvblair
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Ehadadi played again last night against Cleveland. I didn't see the game, but the big man grabbed 3 rebounds and an assist in 5 minutes.

I would not like to be that trainer...Ehadadi could crush him! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4531/photos;_ylt=AtFnBG4WkRB8JT0V2me9Yo0QPqB4?slug=3c02 f05e1b24a76b32df2b234f66e577-getty-83006831dd009_grizzlies_nets)
Ehadadi celebrates Americana with "Elvis Night" in Memphis, the hometown of Elvis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4531/photos;_ylt=Au1dpR7y2Hc0LM8QswPy2_sQPqB4?slug=662a 7f121bb31a48c3488b7323bdf42d-getty-83006009jm001_twolves_grizz)

mohsena2631
01-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Ehadadi played again last night against Cleveland. I didn't see the game, but the big man grabbed 3 rebounds and an assist in 5 minutes.

I would not like to be that trainer...Ehadadi could crush him! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4531/photos;_ylt=AtFnBG4WkRB8JT0V2me9Yo0QPqB4?slug=3c02 f05e1b24a76b32df2b234f66e577-getty-83006831dd009_grizzlies_nets)
Ehadadi celebrates Americana with "Elvis Night" in Memphis, the hometown of Elvis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4531/photos;_ylt=Au1dpR7y2Hc0LM8QswPy2_sQPqB4?slug=662a 7f121bb31a48c3488b7323bdf42d-getty-83006009jm001_twolves_grizz)

thanks Matt, very interesting photos :) I watched some parts of this match, playing against Lebron is fantastic, even 1 sec !

but believe me, his name is Hamed E. Haddadi, not ehadadi. and I don't know E means what. :confused:

Khalid80
02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
(by Houman Bagheri)

"He feels the weight of his country grow heavier with each game he spends on the bench. There are times when Hamed Haddadi feels like a disappointment.
When he signed with the Grizzlies last summer after he impressed scouts with his play at the Beijing Olympics, Haddadi became the first Iranian to join the NBA. A 7-2, 250-pound center, he showed up with big expectations for himself -- and the sort of raw game that had 'project' written all over it.
He has appeared in four games for the Grizzlies this season, which means that he has earned about $64,214 for each of the 14 minutes he has played. Haddadi has a lot of pride. This does not make him proud.
'Because I haven't played enough or played good, I feel like I haven't presented our country the best way,' he said through his wife, Missagh, who moonlights as his translator. 'I think it will be better when I play. I want to present the name of Iran to make good, positive connections.'
Talk about pressure: Haddadi, 23, acknowledged a sense of responsibility as one of the more prominent Iranians living in the United States. Relations between the countries are considered poor at best. He said he hoped to make some small difference in terms of changing perceptions, of bridging cultures.
But that has been harder than he imagined because of his limited playing time. The pace of the game caught him by surprise. Players here, he said, are faster than they are in the Iranian Super League, which might be the understatement of the millennium.
The biggest issue has been the language barrier. Haddadi said the lack of communication with his teammates and coaches has affected his confidence. His English has improved, and he can understand bits and pieces -- but not to the point where he can be conversational.
Despite all the challenges, some expected and others unforeseen, Haddadi said he has embraced his time in Memphis. He said the community and his teammates -- especially guard Mike Conley, who lives in his neighborhood and gives him rides to practice -- have been wonderful to him and his wife.
'I really am so happy to be here,' said Haddadi, who has a three-year deal worth about $1.6 million per season. 'I'm getting everything I can out of my experience here.'
As a boy growing up in Ahwaz, a city in southern Iran, Haddadi played soccer with friends. But as he grew, he felt embarrassed about his height and stopped playing. He happened to be outside one day when a basketball player, impressed by Haddadi's size, recruited him to a nearby court. After asking his father for permission, Haddadi spent most of his afternoons over the next six months practicing -- without sneakers.
What followed was a whirlwind path to national stardom: At 14, he was sent to Tehran, the Iranian capital, to work with a prominent coach named Saeid Fat'hi. Haddadi spent the next year training with him, then was selected for the national team.
At 16, he captained the junior national team to a second-place finish at the Asian championships, Iran's best result at any international basketball event.
Basketball is considered too expensive for most Iranian children to play. The game requires a ball, a basket and special sneakers.
'You don't have to spend so much money to play soccer,' he said. 'Just the ball.'
But basketball has grown in popularity since Iran won the FIBA Asian Championship in 2007. (Haddadi scored 31 points in Iran's 74-69 gold-medal victory over Lebanon.) He said more baskets have popped up in neighborhoods and he wants to help the game continue to grow.
He said he calls home often to speak with family and friends. His father sells cars and builds houses. His younger brother, a 6-5 forward, also plays basketball.
'I want to let them know that I haven't forgotten them,' he said, 'that I don't have too much pride just because I became an NBA player.'
The Grizzlies shipped him to the Dakota Wizards of the NBA Development League for most of December, and if the idea of a 7-foot Iranian spending part of his winter in Bismarck, N.D., seems worthy of a network sitcom, Haddadi took his time with the team seriously.
'It's been one my best experiences since I've been here,' he said. 'I got some playing time, learned some techniques and practiced more.'
In 11 games, Haddadi averaged six points on 46.3 percent shooting along with 5.9 rebounds and 1.6 blocks in 17.7 minutes per game. He could make his way back to Bismarck this month, once center Darko Milicic returns to the lineup after breaking his right hand earlier this season.
'We all knew this was going to be a process,' Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace said. 'I can't predict the future with him. He has worked earnestly to get better, and he does have things he can do in an NBA game. He can protect the basket, he can alter shots, he can rebound, he has good passing instincts and a nice touch from the outside.
'But it's going to be a continual development process".

Khalid80
02-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Well I guess this is just part of his learning process. It will take him some time but hopefully he takes the best advantage and experience from the Developmental League.

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/grizzlies_reassign_haddadi_to_dleague-090217.html

rikhardur
03-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Fifth game this season and his best numbers so far: 7 pts + 7 rebs + 2 blocks + 2 assists in 18 minutes. The Grizzlies lost to the Nuggets.

princeofpersia1
03-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Fifth game this season and his best numbers so far: 7 pts + 7 rebs + 2 blocks + 2 assists in 18 minutes. The Grizzlies lost to the Nuggets.

Wow, where did that come from! I didn't know Haddadi was back with the Grizz, and that pretty good numbers for him. Well done Haddadi.:D

Khalid80
03-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Wow, where did that come from! I didn't know Haddadi was back with the Grizz, and that pretty good numbers for him. Well done Haddadi.:D

Yeah I was surprised by this as well :D. I'm happy that the Grizzs have finally decided to give Haddadi a chance especially after they realized that there is nothing to loose since they are one of the worst teams in the NBA :).

Here is what was posted yesterday in Asia-basket concerning Haddadi that I just read now:

"Grizzlies recall Hamed Haddadi from D-League - Mar 19, 2009

For the second time this season, the Memphis Grizzlies have recalled center Hamed Haddadi (7'2''-C-85, agency: Agency No 10) from the NBA Development Leagues Dakota Wizards, the clubs D-League affiliate, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today.

Haddadi posted 5.7 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.86 blocks in 17.0 minutes in seven games (two starts) in his second stint with the Wizards, where he was reassigned by the Grizzlies on Feb. 17. Overall, the 7-2, 280-pound center has averaged 5.9 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.67 blocks in 17.4 minutes in 18 games (nine starts) with Dakota in his rookie season.

The Ahvaz, Iran native recorded two points and one rebound in four minutes in his NBA debut on Dec. 30 vs. Phoenix, becoming the first Iranian-born player to appear in an NBA game. Haddadi has averaged 1.3 points and 1.3 rebounds in 3.5 minutes through four games with Memphis this season.

Haddadi is expected to be in uniform tonight as the Grizzlies host the Denver Nuggets at 7 p.m. CST at FedExForum.

Courtesy of http://www.insidehoops.com"

stuart
03-31-2009, 06:15 AM
Haddadi’s career-highs propel Memphis comeback - During last night's fourth quarter, Hamed scored 10 points and grabbed 8 rebounds in under 10 minutes last night in a comeback win over the Golden State Warriors.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/1713/2009/03/30/hamed-haddadis-career-highs-propel-memphis-comeback/

Stuart

Khalid80
03-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Haddadi’s career-highs propel Memphis comeback - During last night's fourth quarter, Hamed scored 10 points and grabbed 8 rebounds in under 10 minutes last night in a comeback win over the Golden State Warriors.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/1713/2009/03/30/hamed-haddadis-career-highs-propel-memphis-comeback/

Stuart

Great game by Haddadi :). It's great that his effort wasn't during garbage minutes and he actually was an important factor in the Grizzlies win over the Warriors.

Hamed Haddadi vs. Warriors: 10 points, 3-3 FG, 4-6 FT, 8 Rebounds, 1 Block Shot (Played a total of 9 minutes 45 seconds)

rikhardur
03-31-2009, 03:01 PM
He's truly a player that can make the difference. He showed that in the Olympics and in Iran, he just needs more confidence and playing time.

mvblair
03-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Great game for Big Daddy Ehadadi!!

He's truly a player that can make the difference. He showed that in the Olympics and in Iran, he just needs more confidence and playing time.
The kid is big and strong. There is always a place in basketball for those types of players.

He's averaging 8.5 points, 7 rebounds in the past two games. Pretty good! :cool:

Ehadadi Getting Air (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4531/photos;_ylt=AhW_zEFCJIf4KVDYQusZyF4QPqB4?slug=dbc7 b47415a68493cb1adb9d8fe241cd-getty-83007420rw038_warriors_grizzlies)
Ehadadi Getting Air II (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4531/photos;_ylt=ApcMlSE57aJczhCs5DsoRbEQPqB4?slug=56c8 e0d78f314913759c85466d9f122a-getty-83007420rw033_warriors_grizzlies)
Ehadadi Getting Double-Teamed (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4531/photos;_ylt=ApcMlSE57aJczhCs5DsoRbEQPqB4?slug=56c8 e0d78f314913759c85466d9f122a-getty-83007420rw033_warriors_grizzlies)

rikhardur
03-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Chance to see his dunk (1:38):

NDK290iOZ7Q

JGX
03-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Great game by Haddadi :). It's great that his effort wasn't during garbage minutes and he actually was an important factor in the Grizzlies win over the Warriors.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/mar/31/grizzlies-rally-beat-golden-state-warriors-114-109/

Haddadi, filled with confidence, delivered against a team that dressed just eight players and couldn’t field a legitimate NBA big man.

“Haddadi was the difference-maker,” Griz point guard Mike Conley said after finishing with 21 points, six rebounds and six assists. “He really held his own out there.”

Haddadi has been quite productive in his short appearances. The Grizzlies should give him a chance at more extended playing time in the final games to see what he can do.

mvblair
04-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Haddadi has been quite productive in his short appearances. The Grizzlies should give him a chance at more extended playing time in the final games to see what he can do. I agree. Marc Gasol is obviously their best bet at center, but Hamed seems to be holding his own, as that quote from Conley said. It would be nice for him to get some more minutes in the last few games.

JGX
04-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Haddadi with 5 points (2-5 FG) and 4 rebounds in 8 minutes tonight. He has 33 rebounds in 68 minutes on the season.

reamily
04-02-2009, 04:01 AM
Haddadi with 5 points (2-5 FG) and 4 rebounds in 8 minutes tonight. He has 33 rebounds in 68 minutes on the season.

Bad news heheh for rp:D:D:D

princeofpersia1
04-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Haddadi played only 16secs the other night!

Khalid80
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Hamed Haddadi vs. Blazers: 4 points, 2-3 FG, 1 Rebound (In 11 minutes 46 seconds).

princeofpersia1
04-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Hamed Haddadi vs. Blazers: 4 points, 2-3 FG, 1 Rebound (In 11 minutes 46 seconds).

Thanks, he played pretty well although his stats don't reflect that.

Can someone change the title of this thread from Ehadadi to Haddadi, the previous spelling bothers me a bit. :D [Done. rikhardur]

satria_muda
04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Who is your Haddadi vs The Recent Best Center on Earth.. :p

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/df/fullj.bd18153c21a0e674f018db394c5cd5e4/bd18153c21a0e674f018db394c5cd5e4-getty-83009637fm004_grizzlies_magic.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/f5/fullj.272b73d0df15bdf8fcf9771b3b26e88b/272b73d0df15bdf8fcf9771b3b26e88b-getty-83009637fm038_grizzlies_magic.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/07/fullj.1ba39e0e886b41608e21f1b21e5c5535/1ba39e0e886b41608e21f1b21e5c5535-getty-83009637fm013_grizzlies_magic.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ec/fullj.a463e70f1b096246525e8839d221b732/a463e70f1b096246525e8839d221b732-getty-83009637fm006_grizzlies_magic.jpg

rikhardur
04-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Excellent pics satria_muda!

mvblair
04-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Very cool pictures. :cool: Howard is certainly a better center than our Main Man from Iran, but it looks like Haddadi gave him "a run for his money."

Khalid80
04-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Great pics Satria_Muda!

Hamed Haddadi vs. Suns: 3 points, 1-3 FG, 1-2 FT, 1 Rebound, 1 Block Shot (In 4 minutes 42 seconds).

rikhardur
04-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Great pics Satria_Muda!

Hamed Haddadi vs. Suns: 3 points, 1-3 FG, 1-2 FT, 1 Rebound, 1 Block Shot (In 4 minutes 42 seconds).
I didn't watch the game but judging by the livescore the Grizzlies had a huge lead and mantained it until the end, so Hadaddi could have played much more, don't know why he didn't.

Khalid80
04-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I didn't watch the game but judging by the livescore the Grizzlies had a huge lead and mantained it until the end, so Hadaddi could have played much more, don't know why he didn't.

Yeah I thought of the same thing as well. It's not really clear why.

Khalid80
04-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Well at least Haddadi can say that he got the chance to play against Kobe and the Lakers :D

Hamed Haddadi vs. Lakers: 2 points, 2-2 FT, 2 Rebounds, 2 Block Shots (In 4 minutes 23 seconds).

mohsena2631
04-16-2009, 01:19 PM
NBA regular season finished yesterday and Hamed played 5 mins in the last match.

Hamed record in 2008-09 NBA season :

19 Games / 6.3 MPG / 2.5 PPG / 2.5 RPG / 0.6 BPG / 0.1 SPG / 0.4 APG / 0.47 TO / 1.10 PF / +4.16 EFF

it is better than my expectation :) for the next season he must improve his english first :D

hope we see him soon in Tehran :)

Khalid80
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
NBA regular season finished yesterday and Hamed played 5 mins in the last match.

19 Games / 6.3 MPG / 2.5 PPG / 2.5 RPG / 0.6 BPG / 0.1 SPG / 0.4 APG / 0.47 TO / 1.10 PF / +4.16 EFF

it is better than my expectation :) for the next season he must improve his english first :D

Imo, very descent stats for Haddadi :)

Mohsen, do u know whether he will be playing with Iran in the Asian Championships this summer or it's not confirmed yet?

mohsena2631
04-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Imo, very descent stats for Haddadi :)

Mohsen, do u know whether he will be playing with Iran in the Asian Championships this summer or it's not confirmed yet?

he will be with national team, everytime they want him.

he will be with NT this summer but he may miss the 2nd Islamic Solidarity Games.

rikhardur
04-16-2009, 08:38 PM

Not bad at all. I think he surprised some people. He could establish himself in the league as a defense oriented player, as he is a strong rebounder and shot blocker. Next season, if he gets more minutes, he'll blossom for sure :)

Khalid80
06-18-2009, 06:42 AM
"(by Eurobasket News)

One of the best players from Asia, Hamed Haddadi (218-C-85, agency: Agency No 10) has recently rejected the possibility of moving to Barcelona. Iranian center prefers to stay with the NBA's Memphis Grizlies, for whom he has signed last year. Even though he did not get many chances to play last season, Haddadi believes he will get his chance so he ruled out move to Europe. It seems that the challenge of playing for one of Europe's best clubs is less appealing than playing a fringe role in the NBA. Still Haddadi is confident he will prove that he has place in Memphis and that he will be able to emulate Yao Ming eventually in all that he has accomplished. Another reason may lay in the fact that Memphis has recently extended his contract offering Haddadi 1.5 million dollars per season. That is more than he would currently receive in Spain so his choice seems logical. Haddadi maintains that after winning everything in Asia, his goals are now set at the highest level and he hopes one day to be able to compete for NBA Championship.
Haddadi started his career with Paykan Tehran in Iran. In 2004 he suffered an injury which forced him to miss the rest of the season, when he cut his veins after smashing window in frustration after fouling out during the game. In 2007 he signed with Saba Battery with whom he reached Iranian Superleague Finals in 2008. Same season he also reached Finals of WABA Club Championships and has won the title in the Asian Club Championships. As a member of Iranian National Team, Haddadi went through all categories. For Iran Senior National Team he played at Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008. In 5 games he averaged double double of 16.6 points and 11.2 rebounds per game while blocking 2.6 shots".

http://www.asia-basket.com/Iran/basketball.asp?NewsID=162345

granadaddy
06-18-2009, 07:35 AM
"(by Eurobasket News)

One of the best players from Asia, Hamed Haddadi (218-C-85, agency: Agency No 10) has recently rejected the possibility of moving to Barcelona. Iranian center prefers to stay with the NBA's Memphis Grizlies, for whom he has signed last year. Even though he did not get many chances to play last season, Haddadi believes he will get his chance so he ruled out move to Europe. It seems that the challenge of playing for one of Europe's best clubs is less appealing than playing a fringe role in the NBA. Still Haddadi is confident he will prove that he has place in Memphis and that he will be able to emulate Yao Ming eventually in all that he has accomplished. Another reason may lay in the fact that Memphis has recently extended his contract offering Haddadi 1.5 million dollars per season. That is more than he would currently receive in Spain so his choice seems logical. Haddadi maintains that after winning everything in Asia, his goals are now set at the highest level and he hopes one day to be able to compete for NBA Championship.
Haddadi started his career with Paykan Tehran in Iran. In 2004 he suffered an injury which forced him to miss the rest of the season, when he cut his veins after smashing window in frustration after fouling out during the game. In 2007 he signed with Saba Battery with whom he reached Iranian Superleague Finals in 2008. Same season he also reached Finals of WABA Club Championships and has won the title in the Asian Club Championships. As a member of Iranian National Team, Haddadi went through all categories. For Iran Senior National Team he played at Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008. In 5 games he averaged double double of 16.6 points and 11.2 rebounds per game while blocking 2.6 shots".

http://www.asia-basket.com/Iran/basketball.asp?NewsID=162345

Hadadi is a solid player in Asia but he seems like he hasn't lifted any weights in his entire life. He needs to bulk up because bigger and stronger NBA players are just gonna push him. Hadadi's career might very well like be that of China's Mengke Bateer: short and unused.

Khalid80
06-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Hadadi is a solid player in Asia but he seems like he hasn't lifted any weights in his entire life. He needs to bulk up because bigger and stronger NBA players are just gonna push him. Hadadi's career might very well like be that of China's Mengke Bateer: short and unused.

Do u remember how Yao Ming looked like when he first entered the NBA?
He was really skinny and everyone was worried how he would match up with the likes of Shaq and other big centers. Look at Yao now and u'll see how much bulk he's built up over the years.
I'm expecting the same to happen with Haddadi if he hopefully lasts long enough in the NBA.
Actually this problem is very common in Asia concerning the physical training of our players if compared to those in the NBA.

granadaddy
06-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Do u remember how Yao Ming looked like when he first entered the NBA?
He was really skinny and everyone was worried how he would match up with the likes of Shaq and other big centers. Look at Yao now and u'll see how much bulk he's built up over the years.
I'm expecting the same to happen with Haddadi if he hopefully lasts long enough in the NBA.
Actually this problem is very common in Asia concerning the physical training of our players if compared to those in the NBA.

Are you seriously comparing Yao Ming to Haddadi? Yao Ming was the first overall draft pick in 2002, while Haddadi is undrafted. Yao Ming has mad skills for a player who is 7'6, while the only thing going for Haddadi is is height and hair. Yao was already used extensively during his first year, while Haddadi hasn't even cracked the Grizzlies' rotation yet. In short, Yao >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Haddadi

Khalid80
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Are you seriously comparing Yao Ming to Haddadi? Yao Ming was the first overall draft pick in 2002, while Haddadi is undrafted. Yao Ming has mad skills for a player who is 7'6, while the only thing going for Haddadi is is height and hair. Yao was already used extensively during his first year, while Haddadi hasn't even cracked the Grizzlies' rotation yet. In short, Yao >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Haddadi

Did u actually take the time to read my post or do u just want to argue for the sake of arguing :mad:!
Who mentioned anything about skills or who's better????? (Of course Yao Ming is much better than Haddadi. Yao is currently the best center in the NBA alongside D-Howard).

I was just comparing Haddadi's body to that of Yao Ming when Yao first entered the NBA.

granadaddy
06-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Did u actually take the time to read my post or do u just want to argue for the sake of arguing :mad:!
Who mentioned anything about skills or who's better????? (Of course Yao Ming is much better than Haddadi. Yao is currently the best center in the NBA alongside D-Howard).

I was just comparing Haddadi's body to that of Yao Ming when Yao first entered the NBA.

Heck, even Mengke Bateer is better than Haddadi

zouz
06-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Heck, even Mengke Bateer is better than Haddadi

BTW ur full of bullshit..do u seriously understand basketball?????

granadaddy
06-18-2009, 09:31 AM

Haddadi is pretty overrated. He has good fundamentals and that's it. Pretty low BB IQ, zero lateral movement, and non-existent athleticism. That's the reason why he's sitting on the Memphis Grizzlies' bench.

rikhardur
06-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Haddadi is pretty overrated. He has good fundamentals and that's it. Pretty low BB IQ, zero lateral movement, and non-existent athleticism. That's the reason why he's sitting on the Memphis Grizzlies' bench.
Have you actually seen him play? He's sitting on the bench because Marc Gasol is in the team, that's all. He could even be the second choice ahead of Darko. Haddadi is not overrated, you're the one who's underrating him :rolleyes:

BlacKOEIsle
06-18-2009, 11:08 PM

Bateer in his prime is obviously better than Haddadi....though Haddadi is still progressing..

macan77
06-18-2009, 11:50 PM
good luck for haddadi.

I think you missed the cue..it said the "next" big thing..so Khatib is already out due to his age and frankly speaking, he is declining as compared to the last 2 years..

macan77
06-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Have you actually seen him play? He's sitting on the bench because Marc Gasol is in the team, that's all. He could even be the second choice ahead of Darko. Haddadi is not overrated, you're the one who's underrating him :rolleyes:

yeah, I think with his size and agility and talent..he is good..but not that as you really think he is..in a sense, he is somewhat overrated..put a 6'9" player over him with an-able body, I think he can't be dominating as he wants to be..

mvblair
06-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Wow, what's with everybody killing Haddadi?

You can't judge him based on one year of "performance" in the NBA. His resume is amazing. He brought Iran to the Olympics for the first time in 60 years.

Remember, nobody in the Olympics had more rebounds or blocks than him. He grabbed 11.2 rebounds per game (the next highest grabbed 8 per game). He scored 16.6 points per game in Beijing while shooting 49%. He also blocked 2.6 blocks per game.

In my book, that's a great player.

...but wait! There's more:
* Asian U18 Championship 2002 – Silver medal
* Asian U20 Championship 2004 – Gold medal
* West Asian Championship 2004 – Gold medal
* West Asian Championship 2005 – Gold medal
* Asian Championship 2007 – Gold medal
* Asian Games 2006 – Bronze medal
* Asian Club Championships 2008 – Gold medal

Thank you, Wikipedia

I don't know about you guys, but that's pretty hot.

BlacKOEIsle
06-19-2009, 12:22 AM

Do you know Zhu Fangyu also get some offer from NBA,though is't only pre-season games....If he is younger,I'am sure he has made the NBA.He isn't that famous in asia,mainly because every Chinese player is in shadow of Yao,but He is a quality player who perfoms well in the international stage against the likes of USA and Spain..

And Xu Yong,without cancer,he should be in NBA now.

Don't think It's easy for Chinese player to enter the NBA,yes,there is market factor,but you should always consider the national duties and the government of Chinese basketball.

Return to the "big thing" topic,there are at least 2 young players(Sun Zhe and Li Muhao) who are very likely to join NBA in a few years.If no big injury,I am sure Sun Zhe can make NBA oneday.

BlacKOEIsle
06-19-2009, 12:27 AM

You can't judge him based on one year of "performance" in the NBA. His resume is amazing. He brought Iran to the Olympics for the first time in 60 years.

Remember, nobody in the Olympics had more rebounds or blocks than him. He grabbed 11.2 rebounds per game (the next highest grabbed 8 per game). He scored 16.6 points per game in Beijing while shooting 49%. He also blocked 2.6 blocks per game.

Thank you, Wikipedia

The fact is :Haddadi is a big thing in Asia,but in NBA,at least for now he isn't.

the next highest grabbed 8 per game

Yi Jianlian grabbed about 8.5 rebounds per game but only ranked 4th..So maybe the next highest grabbed not only 8 per game.

eliooo93
06-19-2009, 01:09 AM
I think you missed the cue..it said the "next" big thing..so Khatib is already out due to his age and frankly speaking, he is declining as compared to the last 2 years..

declining:eek::confused:??? he's still a gr8 player his level didn't change!

granadaddy
06-19-2009, 02:05 AM

He's on the bench because he belongs there. I've seen him play and I've never been impressed with his game. I'll give give a few more years in the NBA and he'll be sent back to Iran after that.

granadaddy
06-19-2009, 02:11 AM

Thank you, Wikipedia

The only reason he averaged so many rebounds because he's the only solid big man for Iran. Also, credit should go to Toroman for training Iran for several years. That's the reason the team went to the Olympics. One word dude: Toroman

donmar
06-21-2009, 06:16 AM
He's on the bench because he belongs there. I've seen him play and I've never been impressed with his game. I'll give give a few more years in the NBA and he'll be sent back to Iran after that.

Dude, so what if he's on a bench?... look at New Zealand's Sean Mark... sitting on a bench for several years now and still manage to win an NBA championship ring, getting paid to go to the gym to workout, getting paid to sit on a bench for 40-45 minutes, getting paid to play 5-10 minutes or less, getting paid just to attend team events promoting his team, getting paid to sit on a bus or a plane on the way to a home or away game.. it may not be that impressive but I was him talking to you... I'd say I made it to the NBA and you didn't:cool:...

and Fadi El Khatib did not decline... in my opinion, he is the only Non-NBA player in Asia that I can call a 'world-class player' ...

kerdito
06-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Dude, so what if he's on a bench?... look at New Zealand's Sean Mark... sitting on a bench for several years now and still manage to win an NBA championship ring, getting paid to go to the gym to workout, getting paid to sit on a bench for 40-45 minutes, getting paid to play 5-10 minutes or less, getting paid just to attend team events promoting his team, getting paid to sit on a bus or a plane on the way to a home or away game.. it may not be that impressive but I was him talking to you... I'd say I made it to the NBA and you didn't:cool:...

and Fadi El Khatib did not decline... in my opinion, he is the only Non-NBA player in Asia that I can call a 'world-class player' ...

Actually Sean Marks played some good minutes this year specially when Tyson Chandler was out and proved to be a good player of the bench. he played many games over 25 min one of them was for 30 min. so these players can really get the experience and get a lot better, and I guess Haddadi is getting better two, just look at NBA players before they join the league and couple of years later you would notice how their body had grown much bigger, and their Athleticism is getting wilder!!! one more thing that I don't agree with you on: Darko is a lot better than Haddadi with a lot more experience and talent but who knows what time would bring for the working hard Haddadi. As for Khatib hehe if anyone would say he is declining!!!! just go watch his game. you wanna say he is slower than he was so go watch Kobe's style of play, such players(I am surely not comparing Fadi to Kobe but just to give u the example) also look at Vince Carter is he dunking just like he was? hell no but he is sure still a great player giving some really good numbers.and Fadi was injured and banned from playing for 3 or 4 months this year, can he show the same level after being away from his team this much(he was practicing but not playing games and then he got injured but still posting more than 30 pts what else he can do?) did Monta Ellis had the same performance that he use to put up when he came back from his couple of months stop!!!????? NOOO so pls stop judging ppl without knowing facts!!!

donmar
06-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Actually Sean Marks played some good minutes this year specially when Tyson Chandler was out and proved to be a good player of the bench. he played many games over 25 min one of them was for 30 min. so these players can really get the experience and get a lot better, and I guess Haddadi is getting better two, just look at NBA players before they join the league and couple of years later you would notice how their body had grown much bigger, and their Athleticism is getting wilder!!! one more thing that I don't agree with you on: Darko is a lot better than Haddadi with a lot more experience and talent but who knows what time would bring for the working hard Haddadi. As for Khatib hehe if anyone would say he is declining!!!! just go watch his game. you wanna say he is slower than he was so go watch Kobe's style of play, such players(I am surely not comparing Fadi to Kobe but just to give u the example) also look at Vince Carter is he dunking just like he was? hell no but he is sure still a great player giving some really good numbers.and Fadi was injured and banned from playing for 3 or 4 months this year, can he show the same level after being away from his team this much(he was practicing but not playing games and then he got injured but still posting more than 30 pts what else he can do?) did Monta Ellis had the same performance that he use to put up when he came back from his couple of months stop!!!????? NOOO so pls stop judging ppl without knowing facts!!!

Haddadi could do a Sean Marks or even better.. Marks has been their for a while and his experience and patients got him a reward... and thats deservely playing more minutes... he actually sacrifice his international career and retired early...

About Fadi, maybe not the world, but he is still one of the best in Asia in my opinion and I'll rate him alongside the Asian NBA players... some people here just want to pissed off the Lebanese forumers because of the upcoming Asian Championship..

kerdito
06-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Haddadi could do a Sean Marks or even better.. Marks has been their for a while and his experience and patients got him a reward... and thats deservely playing more minutes... he actually sacrifice his international career and retired early...

About Fadi, maybe not the world, but he is still one of the best in Asia in my opinion and I'll rate him alongside the Asian NBA players... some people here just want to pissed off the Lebanese forumers because of the upcoming Asian Championship..

1st 10x for being understanding man, as for Haddadi I know he can be really better and maybe one day get some more minutes in the NBA he should be patient and work hard, and I don't know it all depends on who would be the draft pick the Grizzlies would take this year, bcz if it is Hasheem Thabet than he might not even play for the minutes he played last year there would be Marc Gasol and Hasheem so then he has to find another good team or just wait for his chance. I wish him the best. and as for Fadi well I guess after being the only Player in history to be register in the roster of an NBA team and pulled out of it the very next day. so I guess Fadi proved what he is made of but of course now he suffered from injuries and being banned for many months so he needs some time to be the Fadi we once had.....knowing that he is 30 years old I guess he can still play for some years to come

donmar
06-22-2009, 07:57 AM
1st 10x for being understanding man, as for Haddadi I know he can be really better and maybe one day get some more minutes in the NBA he should be patient and work hard, and I don't know it all depends on who would be the draft pick the Grizzlies would take this year, bcz if it is Hasheem Thabet than he might not even play for the minutes he played last year there would be Marc Gasol and Hasheem so then he has to find another good team or just wait for his chance. I wish him the best. and as for Fadi well I guess after being the only Player in history to be register in the roster of an NBA team and pulled out of it the very next day. so I guess Fadi proved what he is made of but of course now he suffered from injuries and being banned for many months so he needs some time to be the Fadi we once had.....knowing that he is 30 years old I guess he can still play for some years to come

I guess Haddadi might end up going from one team to another.. I don't mind that actually, it probably gives him more opportunities... we'll never know he might ended up in Europe or stay longer in the NBA...

I think Fadi did what the great Oscar Schmidt (Brazil) did... avoid staying in the biggest league in the world so that their club career will blossoms rather than sitting on the bench all the time... I think Oscar did really well..
even New Zealand's Kirk Penney, he played briefly in the NBA off the bench, but then transferred to Europe where his career really blossomed... he never really improve in the NBA until he left for Europe...

I guess some players are not made to be in the NBA... as much as we want them to be there.. I guess its better to play on a different league and have your career lengthened rather than being cut short or spend a lot of time as a free agent...

kerdito
06-22-2009, 08:04 AM
I guess Haddadi might end up going from one team to another.. I don't mind that actually, it probably gives him more opportunities... we'll never know he might ended up in Europe or stay longer in the NBA...

I think Fadi did what the great Oscar Schmidt (Brazil) did... avoid staying in the biggest league in the world so that their club career will blossoms rather than sitting on the bench all the time... I think Oscar did really well..
even New Zealand's Kirk Penney, he played briefly in the NBA off the bench, but then transferred to Europe where his career really blossomed... he never really improve in the NBA until he left for Europe...

I guess some players are not made to be in the NBA... as much as we want them to be there.. I guess its better to play on a different league and have your career lengthened rather than being cut short or spend a lot of time as a free agent...

Man Fadi did not get out of the NBA just bcz he wanted to, his team did not release him to go there. he was a guy compared to Hedo Turkoglu I think if he stayed he would have proved his talent( surely off the bench) anyway it's over now years have gone by.

karim
06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
sorry for you iranians but its obvious haddadi will be waived next year ...they just drafted hasheem thabeet a 7'3'' center as their 2nd pick and their can be only 3 centers on the roster which would be hasheem,darko and gasol ....haddadi was waived last year when they had only 2 centers when darko got injured and before they took him back their was long periods where they prefered playing without any center on the court when gasol rested than bringing in haddadi ...i dt think any other nba team would take him either since memphis is the only team who would take a chance on just about any1 .......

donmar
06-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Man Fadi did not get out of the NBA just bcz he wanted to, his team did not release him to go there. he was a guy compared to Hedo Turkoglu I think if he stayed he would have proved his talent( surely off the bench) anyway it's over now years have gone by.

Ah ok.. I didn't know that... thanks!

eliooo93
06-26-2009, 05:54 PM
3 centers on the roster which would be hasheem,darko and gasol

Darko was traded to NY.

Khalid80
06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
sorry for you iranians but its obvious haddadi will be waived next year ...they just drafted hasheem thabeet a 7'3'' center as their 2nd pick and their can be only 3 centers on the roster which would be hasheem,darko and gasol

Grizzlies have previously mentioned that they want to keep Haddadi on their team and r going to increase his salary to $1.5 million. If they didn't want him Haddadi could have went to play with Barcalona in Spain whom were clearly interested in signing him.

kerdito
06-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Ah ok.. I didn't know that... thanks!

ur welcome man

daniab
07-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Grizzlies 86 - Thunder 57 (NBA Summer League)

Hamed Haddadi

5 pts
2 TO
2 steals
3rebs
16 mins

kerdito
07-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Haddadi vs NY Knicks :
11 min, 2-6 FG, 0-2 FT, 6 rebounds, 2 Blcks, 4 pts and 1 TO

kerdito
07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Haddadi vs Clippers :
10 min, 2 pts, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 PF and 3 TO

mohsena2631
07-17-2009, 11:41 PM
is Haddadi a lebanese player ?

anyhow, I watched the last match, Hamed had no motive to play ! I hope he join the NT as soon as possible. at this time, NBA Summer League doesn't benefit him.

I never saw Hasheem Thabeet before, but the player that I saw yesterday even can't find a team in Iranian league !! but sure this is not his true level and he will play better in future.

daniab
07-18-2009, 04:34 AM

are you a Lebanon hater ?
Pitty you and your morale,you are always searching to provoke the Lebanese,anyway no worries,its our fault we are following your players.

SNIPER
07-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Luckily he's not:D

spider
07-18-2009, 11:32 AM
the only good thing about ahdadi is his unibrow, it has an enormous wingspan....

marc333
07-18-2009, 03:36 PM

So what?!?!

If Hadadi is iranian, would it mean that only iranian people have the right to state any news or info concerning him?

Thought you were more mature than that!...

Bozorgmehr
07-22-2009, 08:43 AM

anyhow, I watched the last match, Hamed had no motive to play ! I hope he join the NT as soon as possible. at this time, NBA Summer League doesn't benefit him.

I never saw Hasheem Thabeet before, but the player that I saw yesterday even can't find a team in Iranian league !! but sure this is not his true level and he will play better in future.

Mohsen jan, baba everybody is friendly here. Hadaddi is the first West Asian player to make it to the NBA. So it's naturall for others to follow up on him. Because the better one team plays the better it is for others and vise-versa. But of course he will only play for us... :D ok now everybody chillax...

Bozorgmehr
07-22-2009, 08:51 AM
the only good thing about ahdadi is his unibrow, it has an enormous wingspan....

The unibrow is essential for throwing off the opponents. By the time the other guy gets over the shock and adjusts his vision, he has lost the ball...

daniab
07-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Mohsen jan, baba everybody is friendly here. Hadaddi is the first West Asian player to make it to the NBA. So it's naturall for others to follow up on him. Because the better one team plays the better it is for others and vise-versa. But of course he will only play for us... :D ok now everybody chillax...

Sorry but Rony Seikali is the first West Asian player to make it to the NBA and he's far better than Haddadi.
Thank you!

kerdito
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Sorry but Rony Seikali is the first West Asian player to make it to the NBA and he's far better than Haddadi.
Thank you!

yes Dani oh and for those who does not know Rony is the first Asian to play in the NBA so pls guys check ur info before claiming that Haddadi is the first west asian!!!!we even had Steve Kerr(he was Born in Lebanon even though he never played for the NT) and Matt Freiji was in the NBA before Haddadi

kerdito
07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
oh I forgot and Jean Paul Afif signed a 1 year contract with the Sacramento Kings back in 2002.he didn't complete the season and he went to the D-league but after all he signed there a lot earlier than Haddadi;)

Bozorgmehr
07-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Thank you!

Thanks for the correction bro. I didn't know about them. I had never heard about them. Liban seems to have a lot of Basketball talent for a small nation like that. Is the game really popular? Anyway, all I can say is...
http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/832/141832/images/ali-g-respect.jpg

kerdito
07-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the correction bro. I didn't know about them. I had never heard about them. Liban seems to have a lot of Basketball talent for a small nation like that. Is the game really popular? Anyway, all I can say is...
http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/832/141832/images/ali-g-respect.jpg

Do you know anything about the NBA man? are you trying to make some funny comments??? Rony Seikaly is among the 50 best Centers in NBA History!!! he had brought nothing but Glory to both Miami and Orlando he ranks as the 2nd most popular star in Miami after Alonzo Morning........and just as I told you in my previous post we had also Steve Kerr, and our current player Matt freiji and Jean Paul Afif....and waiting for a our new young prospect Ahmad Ibrahim....hopefully he would be there few years later

Bozorgmehr
07-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Do you know anything about the NBA man? are you trying to make some funny comments??? Rony Seikaly is among the 50 best Centers in NBA History!!! he had brought nothing but Glory to both Miami and Orlando he ranks as the 2nd most popular star in Miami after Alonzo Morning........and just as I told you in my previous post we had also Steve Kerr, and our current player Matt freiji and Jean Paul Afif....and waiting for a our new young prospect Ahmad Ibrahim....hopefully he would be there few years later

No man, I never heard about him. That's why I said RESPECK for so many players in the NBA. I know Arabic was a very hard language for me to learn at school. But still, Steve Kerr don't sound very Arabic to me. But I've seen Michel, Vincent, Francois, Antoine and a lot of Georges. So maybe he is.

SNIPER
07-25-2009, 01:20 AM
Steve Kerr is not Lebanese, but born in Lebanon stayed a little number of years. His dad, an American, who had a very high position in the AUB was killed in Lebanon by terrorists. I'm sure Steve does not want to remember Lebanon anymore;). Plus he could not have played for Lebanon bec he has no Lebanese roots or origins

raichu08
07-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Why is hamed sometimes called ehdadi and sometimes called hadadi? what is his real name anyway?

rikhardur
07-25-2009, 02:20 AM
Why is hamed sometimes called ehdadi and sometimes called hadadi? what is his real name anyway?
It's Haddadi. His name is Hamed E. Haddadi, hence the confusion with Ehadadi.

kerdito
07-25-2009, 05:20 AM
No man, I never heard about him. That's why I said RESPECK for so many players in the NBA. I know Arabic was a very hard language for me to learn at school. But still, Steve Kerr don't sound very Arabic to me. But I've seen Michel, Vincent, Francois, Antoine and a lot of Georges. So maybe he is.

He is not from Lebanese origins just was born in Lebanon and he could have played because he has the right to have a Lebanese Passport but he never did and now he is Phoenix Suns' General Manager.

kerdito
07-25-2009, 05:21 AM
Steve Kerr is not Lebanese, but born in Lebanon stayed a little number of years. His dad, an American, who had a very high position in the AUB was killed in Lebanon by terrorists. I'm sure Steve does not want to remember Lebanon anymore;). Plus he could not have played for Lebanon bec he has no Lebanese roots or origins

he could have played the Law allows him to have a Lebanese Passport since he was born in Lebanon ;)

kerdito
07-25-2009, 05:23 AM
It's Haddadi. His name is Hamed E. Haddadi, hence the confusion with Ehadadi.

in Arabic we pronounce it as Ehadadi so that's why many Lebanese write it like that....

mohsena2631
07-25-2009, 03:05 PM

he known in Iran as Hamed Haddadi. you can write his surname as Hadadi, but Haddadi is more correct.

based on IRIBF website , his full name is "حامد ع حدادي" = "Hamed Ein Haddadi"
"ein" is a grapheme, not a word. so his passport name is Hamed E Haddadi.

I don't know what "Ein" means ! I will ask him the next time I see him in Azadi Stadium.

Bozorgmehr
07-26-2009, 12:41 AM
He is not from Lebanese origins just was born in Lebanon and he could have played because he has the right to have a Lebanese Passport but he never did and now he is Phoenix Suns' General Manager.

I'm sorry bro, but you can't have it both ways... If it's the place of birth that counts, then you can't claim your other 2 boys as your own, as they were born and raised in the US.

I don't really care one way or the other, but I think for the sake consistency your should apply the same set of rules throughout your argument.

HTown22
07-26-2009, 02:23 AM
jes good nice size can block shots and showed why at the olympics, but bad attitude.

kerdito
07-26-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry bro, but you can't have it both ways... If it's the place of birth that counts, then you can't claim your other 2 boys as your own, as they were born and raised in the US.

I don't really care one way or the other, but I think for the sake consistency your should apply the same set of rules throughout your argument.

LOL man I am not the one who sets the Law!!! it is like this anyone who was born in the country or his parents are from the country or any of his ancestors can regain his nationality, it's not only for Basketball players it's for all ppl oh and many countries have the same rule ;)

Maximus1984
07-31-2009, 08:47 AM
i thought Mobi was the next big thing :(

BBallfanJ
08-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Hamed is apparently unhappy with Memphis over his lack of playing time. He says he is a star on the team, yet they are benching him.

Notice, he only came out and said all of this after the Asian Championships. Wow, the guy wins MVP of the Asian Tournament and he thinks he's the next Yao Ming. I'm not saying he shouldn't get more playing time, but he's not doing himself any favours with that kind of attitude.

durden_tyler
08-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Hamed is apparently unhappy with Memphis over his lack of playing time. He says he is a star on the team, yet they are benching him.

Notice, he only came out and said all of this after the Asian Championships. Wow, the guy wins MVP of the Asian Tournament and he thinks he's the next Yao Ming. I'm not saying he shouldn't get more playing time, but he's not doing himself any favours with that kind of attitude.

Agree. He has to prove himself first in summer leagues, training camp, whatever in the NBA.

mohsena2631
08-26-2009, 11:35 PM

yes , he is unhappy and I personally don't like his idea.

but he never said , "I am a star" !!! Where did you find it ?

Rostam
08-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Mohsen, Mehrnews did a poor translation of select portions of the Farsi interview you posted earlier. They are not helping his cause.

http://www.mehrnews.com/en/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsID=936058

BBallfanJ
08-27-2009, 12:58 AM
On hoopshype.com, is where I found that.

mohsena2631
08-27-2009, 01:09 AM
Mohsen, Mehrnews did a poor translation of select portions of the Farsi interview you posted earlier. They are not helping his cause.

http://www.mehrnews.com/en/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsID=936058

yeah :( this translator is very very pedarsookhte !!

check this thread

http://forums.interbasket.net/f6/haddadi-i-am-an-nba-star-10986/

princeofpersia1
09-13-2009, 01:36 PM
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_13327192

Grizzlies' Haddadi leaves large footprint during camp at CSUN

Hamed Haddadi let a half-court shot fly as 100 kids looked on.

It was his camp, so it would have been fitting to hit the difficult attempt.

Unfortunately for the Iranian - the first ever to play in the NBA - he was just short, and the ball grazed off the front of the rim as the youngsters groaned in disappointment.

Then the Lakers' Ron Artest picked up a ball and launched a nothing-but-net half-court 3-pointer.

The kids went nuts.

"Very nice of (Artest) to come out," said a smiling Haddadi, the Memphis Grizzlies' 7-foot-2 center who is hosting the youth basketball camp (which finishes today) at Cal State Northridge.

It was that kind of afternoon Saturday. Haddadi appeared to a group of loud-cheering campers, most of whom were of Iranian descent. He had them hanging by his every word and dunk. Artest, the Lakers' new forward, entered the room two hours later, and the campers yelled as if they had witnessed a winning shot at the buzzer.

Yes, Artest took away some of Haddadi's spotlight Saturday.

"I have that Lakers' patch on my back," Artest said, downplaying his new rock star status in Los Angeles. "It helps me help (Haddadi) in his camp. We just kind of help each other."

The camp wasn't a popularity contest, though. It was to reach out to the Iranian-American community in Los Angeles.

According to the 2000 Census, there are about 72,000 Iranian-Americans in L.A. Haddadi just arrived in the United States last year, but he already wants to do his part.

"We're trying to show the kids they can have a role model that's Iranian," said Behdad Sami, a coach at Haddadi's camp.

Haddadi led his country to the FIBA Asia Championship title in August and was named MVP of the tournament. Haddadi also shined at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, averaging 16.6points, 11.2 rebounds and 2.6 blocks. Iran went 0-5 in the Games, but that didn't stop the Grizzlies from signing him to a three-year contract that summer.

Before that, there was a period of uncertainty for Haddadi. No NBA teams were able to sign him because of a federal statute that prohibits an organization in the United States from engaging in business dealings with Iranian citizens. Within days, however, the government had licensed Haddadi.

In 19 games for the Grizzlies last season, he averaged 2.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 6.3 minutes.

Haddadi said he was always confident the United States would allow him to fulfill his NBA dream.

"I just want to be a basketball player," Haddadi said. "I always represent my country as a basketball player."

Artest might have overshadowed him, but what the 7-footer can do in the long run for his native Iran could be priceless.

Artest, who said it was his first time at a camp for kids from a different culture, could see the change that stories such as Haddadi's could bring.

"Someday, I'd like to go visit all those countries that (the U.S.) really doesn't have great relationships with," Artest said. "Because I think the people are more important than politics. Go to Afghanistan, even North Korea. Just to say `hi' to the people.

"It's a short life, and you don't want to spend it hating on somebody."

--------------

Interesting that Behdad Sami was a coach at the camp!

mohsena2631
09-15-2009, 07:38 AM
another article about that in NBA.com by Ali Karimi :D

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/09/14/haddadi.camp/index.html

One hundred screaming kids, a guest appearance from new Lakers forward Ron Artest, learning, fun and a smiling 7-foot-2 Iranian center as the sponsor.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2009/news/features/09/14/haddadi.camp/haddadi_camp_newst1.jpg

That was the first annual Hamed Haddadi basketball camp that concluded Sunday on the campus of California State University Northridge in the San Fernando Valley.

The two-day event was the first-ever sports camp held by an Iranian athlete, one organizers anticipate to be an annual occurrence. The wide-eyed campers were mostly Iranian children between the ages of 6-18, but the event was open to the public. They smiled with glee as they posed for photos with Haddadi and cheered with delight after their athletic hero made a basket.

Twenty volunteers served as Camp counselors, most notably: Behdad Sami, the first professional Iranian basketball player to ever play in the United States; Tehran Ghasri, an Iranian radio/tv personality who is currently on a comedy tour; and Benny Koochoie, who became the first Assyrian to play for the Iranian National team after returning from his summer stint with Team Melli.

In the meantime, both Sami and Koochoie will seek employment overseas while working toward their NBA dreams.

Haddadi, on the other hand, recently returned from his MVP performance in leading Iran to the FIBA Asia Championship title in Tianjin, China.

But it's been a tough few weeks for him after contracting food poisoning that he believes was caused from drinking bad tap water in Taiwan.

The recent news of the Grizzlies acquiring Allen Iverson, nevertheless, has Haddadi excited for the 2009-10 NBA season.

"I'm very excited to play with a player of his (Iverson's) caliber," he said in his native Farsi when asked about his newest teammate. "I'm proud to call him a teammate."

Day one of the camp was highlighted by Artest's guest appearance, with the crowd cheering on the all-smiles veteran after he swished a half-court shot.

Yet even the campers packed a little star in Yara Shahidi, who recently made her theatrical debut starring opposite Eddie Murphy in Paramount Picture's "Imagine That."

"I hope they have the camp again next year," the nine-year-old said. "I had so much fun. We spent the morning doing drills and afternoons with scrimmages and contests."

Since the largest concentration of Iranians outside of Iran remains in L.A., Southern California seemed to be a natural choice for the location of the camp.

Haddadi was happy to be the catalyst for bringing the youth of the Iranian-American community together in L.A. even if it was only for a weekend, and Ehsan Bashi, the camp's co-coordinator this year, believes that Iranian youth will soon see Haddadi as an icon.

"Sports are not an emphasis in Iranian society." he said. "With Hamed, we have a great role model for hard work and dedication."

It was a sentiment Sami also echoed.

"I told the kids, 'With hard work, anything is possible.' I played two minutes a game in high school, and now I'm a pro athlete," he said.

Mayar Zokaei, Haddadi's manager, hopes the event can spread to other cities.

"We made the price $45 for two days in hopes that everyone could afford it. Nobody was turned away," Zokaei said.

Weekly Persian magazine Javanan and the One Group helped promote the event with Ghasri using his media outlets to spread the word as well. Haddadi sponsored 20 kids from financially-disadvantaged backgrounds while all net proceeds from the event will be going to the Hamed Haddadi Javanan Foundation ("Javanan" means "youth" in Farsi).

And while 100 kids enjoyed their two days with Iran's lone NBA player, Haddadi also dispelled any notion that he was considering leaving the league with Internet rumors starting to swirl.

"The Grizzlies have assembled a deep and talented roster. I look forward to helping them win games and make a playoff run," he said.

"I look forward to doing this camp again next year. I love working with kids because I'm a kid at heart."

mohsena2631
10-01-2009, 01:31 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/qo7eh2.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/1tr7v4.jpg

Hamed with green wristband :) Mashallah Hamed:)

rikhardur
10-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Hamed with green wristband :) Mashallah Hamed:)
What's the meaning behind it?

mohsena2631
10-01-2009, 04:20 PM

this is a sign of Green Movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Movement)

these photos are published in many Iranian websites, Hamed will be in trouble soon ! he did a brave job !

lebanese phoenix
10-01-2009, 04:21 PM

meen he supports mir hussein moussawi and not ahmadinajad.
basicaly means he's against the regime.

rikhardur
10-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the explanations guys, no doubt an act of courage by Hamed.

lebanese phoenix
10-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the explanations guys, no doubt an act of courage by Hamed.

an act of courage, hell yeah, few month ago, iranian national football players put these green wristbands and some of them were banned from playing football ever again ;)
i dont see it as a very bright move from haddadi, he may be ending his NT career. lets pray that he wont be treated like the football players.

Buran
10-03-2009, 04:16 AM
Looks like Haddadi has sprained his ankle in practice a few days ago. hope it's not so serious.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/sep/30/grizzlies-center-hamed-haddadi-sprains-ankle-pract/

Oshafaamri
10-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Looks like Haddadi has sprained his ankle in practice a few days ago. hope it's not so serious.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/sep/30/grizzlies-center-hamed-haddadi-sprains-ankle-pract/

BTW , Where does Hamed Haddadi play Now ?!
I heard that Memphis did not renew his Contract dew to his Weak Performance last Season whether in the D-League or the Few Minutes in the NBA .

Buran
10-03-2009, 08:10 AM
BTW , Where does Hamed Haddadi play Now ?!
I heard that Memphis did not renew his Contract dew to his Weak Performance last Season whether in the D-League or the Few Minutes in the NBA .

He plays in Memphis Grizzlies. I guess Memphis likes to keep players with weak performance around.
here are two pictures from Grizzlies Sep-30 Practice
http://www.grizzliesonline.com/gallery/0910/gal-camp-090930/images/91293694_10.jpg
http://www.grizzliesonline.com/gallery/0910/gal-camp-090930/images/91293713_10.jpg

Oshafaamri
10-03-2009, 08:19 AM
He plays in Memphis Grizzlies. I guess Memphis likes to keep players with weak performance around.
here are two pictures from Grizzlies Sep-30 Practice
http://www.grizzliesonline.com/gallery/0910/gal-camp-090930/images/91293694_10.jpg
http://www.grizzliesonline.com/gallery/0910/gal-camp-090930/images/91293713_10.jpg

Ah Okay :D
But why you took it that way !?
Yeah Hamed's First season in the NBA was so weak and the proof of that was his transfer to D-League ......
it is normal for any Rookie in the NBA to have these stats ....

RAWAD
10-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Ah Okay :D
But why you took it that way !?
Yeah Hamed's First season in the NBA was so weak and the proof of that was his transfer to D-League ......
it is normal for any Rookie in the NBA to have these stats ....

Man I don't think he is too bad.. I think he can improve, and i have no doubt he deserves to be in the nba!!

Oshafaamri
10-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Man I don't think he is too bad.. I think he can improve, and i have no doubt he deserves to be in the nba!!

I did not say that Haddadi is bad , he is the best center in Asia but NBA is another planet and needs so much hard work for any Rookie ...

Good Luck , waiting to see asian players other than Hamed and Chinese players .:cool:

mohsena2631
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM

this is not serious, he is OK

BBallfanJ
10-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Tonight in preseason action against Washington, Haddadi scored 11 points and grabbed 9 rebounds, in about 15 minutes of action.

Buran
10-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Tonight in preseason action against Washington, Haddadi scored 11 points and grabbed 9 rebounds, in about 15 minutes of action.

Great performance by him! he did much better than both Gasol(20min, 5rbs, 6pts) and Sabet(15min, 4rbs, 6pts).

Buran
10-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Haddadi played 1 1/2 min. no points no rebounds tonight against Oklahoma. Gasol and Sabet both got more than 21min, with an average performance.
it looks like that Grizzlies coaching staff is leaning towards Sabet as the second C. They are preparing him to be Gasol's sub. it's understandable why Hamed is frustrated with the current situation. He will have a long hard season ahead of him, fighting for what he deserves.

rikhardur
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Haddadi played 1 1/2 min. no points no rebounds tonight against Oklahoma. Gasol and Sabet both got more than 21min, with an average performance.
it looks like that Grizzlies coaching staff is leaning towards Sabet as the second C. They are preparing him to be Gasol's sub. it's understandable why Hamed is frustrated with the current situation. He will have a long hard season ahead of him, fighting for what he deserves.
Yes, having Thabeet on the team certainly doesn't help his cause... But Haddadi is a sophomore, so he knows more about an NBA game from the inside than Thabeet and that could be a plus. The Tanzanian still has much to prove.

Buran
10-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Again, the same old story:
Magic 102 Grizzlies 83
here are the main stats for the three Cs
Thaabet (18:25 min, 2 Rbs, 0 pts)
Gasol (22:26 min, 6 Rbs, 7 pts)
Haddadi (7:09 min,4 rbs, 2 pts)

mohsena2631
10-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Again, the same old story:
Magic 102 Grizzlies 83
here are the main stats for the three Cs
Thaabet (18:25 min, 2 Rbs, 0 pts)
Gasol (22:26 min, 6 Rbs, 7 pts)
Haddadi (7:09 min,4 rbs, 2 pts)

yeah !! the same old story

he had an interview with "Sedaye America" yesterday before this match and he was optimistic about this season and their coach ! I hope their coach doesn't disappoint him (and us :D) ! Hamed deserves more time !

GilG
10-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Haddadi IMHO is a very underrated center in the NBA. This guys simply needs more minutes and I believe he can be a solid contributor to any team in the NBA right now. I hope the Spurs make a trade package for both Bonner and Finley, so the Spurs can get this guy:D

Buran
10-18-2009, 04:38 AM
Saturday, Oct 17
Grizzlies 115 Pistons 94
main stats for Grizzlies Cs
Thaabet (10:25min, 1 Rbs, 1 pts, 1 BS)
Gasol (22:08 min, 4 Rbs, 5 pts, 2 BS)
Hunter(14:53 min, 1 Rbs, 9 pts, 0 BS)
Haddadi (3:04 min,0 rbs, 0 pts, 3 BS) :(

mohsena2631
12-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Mehphis beat Shaq, Lebron and Cleveland ! Hamed played 7 mins with 2pts !

his dunk against his Idol ! :D

VyZds0n51yM

Hamed & Lebron :D:D

YHReQ_9-nP0

blacklight
12-17-2009, 08:10 AM
i think he must be given more minutes inside the court.
what do you think?

rikhardur
12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
i think he must be given more minutes inside the court.
what do you think?
I concur.

Khalid80
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Mr. Fifteen

This week's Mr. Fifteen is Memphis Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi, the first player from Iran to play in the NBA. The 7-foot-2, 24-year-old has played in just 12 games this season, totalling eight points in 48 total minutes behind starter Marc Gasol and Memphis's first-round pick, Hasheem Thabeet. It's not what Haddadi had hoped to do this season, after helping put Iran basketball on the map in international competition the past few years. His 31-point effort in the title game of the 2007 FIBA Asia Championships led Iran to victory over Lebanon and qualified Iran for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the first time in 60 years Iran played in the Games (the country didn't field teams from 1952 to 1988 and didn't qualify in four tries from 1992 to 2004).

Last summer, Haddadi again starred for Iran, leading his country to victory in the Asia Championships, a tournament in which Haddadi was named Most Valuable Player after Iran defeated a Yao Ming-less China in the title game. That victory qualified Iran for this year's World Championships in Turkey, and a first-round draw with the U.S. men's team. He has turned down good offers to play overseas to continue his dream of being in the NBA.

Haddadi made news earlier this season when a pregame photograph was taken of him shaking hands with the Kings' Omri Casspi, the first Israeli-born player to make the NBA. But Haddadi wants to make his mark on the court and not get caught up in the world's events that have made Iran and the United States political enemies, facing one another as potential adversaries in war instead of in sports.

Me: How do you stay prepared when you're not sure you're going to play?

Hamed Haddadi: It happens to me all the time, they don't play me, but I'm ready for play. It's hard. It's hard, because you don't know if you'll play for 10 games in a row. They put you in the game and your conditioning is not good, and you can't play. But sometimes that happens. I must be ready. I must be ready for the game, playing. If they give me some time, I use it for good, not bad. If they should give me a chance, very good. I try my best. I try my best to help the team in practice or in games. I try.

Me: Do you look at practice as your games?

HH: Yeah. The problem is we don't have the chance in practice, too. In practice, if they give me time, I try my best. I'm going to play in practice. I'm going to show myself, you know? It's OK. I'm happy, I'm very happy we win, we win these games. My teammates play awesome. Awesome. I'm very happy with it. I'm not worried about it, I don't play. I want to play. But now we win, we win these games. It's normal I don't play.

Me: What do you learn playing against Marc Gasol in practice?

HH: Before the game, in the warmup, we play one-on-one with Marc. He is smart. He's really, really smart. He can shoot, his hook shot is very good, his discipline is very good. His foot (speed), the leg is so fast. It's hard to stop him. It's hard to stop him. He's played better than last year, I think. We shot together, and last year was not good enough. His play is up now this season. Play very good now. Last year he can't block shot. This season, blocks two or three a game. One night he has six blocked shots. Awesome.

Me: Did you show him anything about the art of shot blocking?

HH: No. He learns himself, you know? He's smart. Now he can jump. He can play basketball. He played professionally in Spain, and Olympic Games, and went in the Europe league, EuroChampionship. Now he's NBA.

Me: What was the experience like for you when Iran won the Asia championship?

HH: My teammates, we have good team. My teammates, we play like six years together. We know how to share the pass, share the basketball. If you don't pass the basketball, you find the open man. We don't play selfish. I really appreciate my teammates back home in Iran. We have everything. We have point guard. We have one shooter, we have everything good, and the five is me. With our play, with our team, it was very good for us.

Me: For you personally, what did that give you in terms of confidence?

HH: I don't understand this word ... what is confidence?

Me: Did you feel after that, that you could play against anybody?

HH: Oh, yeah. Before we play, like 2007, we play most of the teams, like Serbia, like Argentina. We play Olympic Games (Iran lost all five of its games in Beijing), all the big teams. The team in Asia Games, Asia teams is not good enough. But you have China. China's big, too. You have joining up, you have some international players, different countries. Lebanon and Qatar. But I'm very happy for the next summer, we play big, big teams. U.S., same group. I think this is chance for me.

Me: What has that team done for basketball in Iran?

HH: We touch everything. Five years ago, we don't have chance to go to Asia Games. We lost all games in Asia. But now we're going to World Championships. We go to Olympic Games. We've got two championships in a row. This is our goal. Now we want to play good. We want to play good in World Championships. We don't (think we'll) win. We try to win. We try to win. I think we'll have a couple of wins, one or two. I promise that ... back home we didn't have anything. We had one court and we all play, all the teams, we practice there, they play there. Now it's much better.

Me: But soccer's still bigger?

HH: Soccer's bigger. You don't win enough, and the people back home is not happy with soccer. But they're happy for basketball and volleyball. We make them very happy, you know? Very happy, our people back home.

Me: Are you going to be like Yao was for China, in terms of getting even more people interested in the sport?

HH: China, first is basketball, I think. The paper, the TV, I think they're don't looking for us, for basketball players. Just soccer. Because the people are thinking about soccer. Don't pay attention for basketball. But now, is better. Maybe a couple, three years, I'll be same as Yao. If I play in NBA. If I don't play, nobody sees.

Me: So it's important that you play?

HH: Now they leave a message on my fan page -- why you don't play? Why ask your coach why you don't play? I said, it's OK, we win, we win this game now. It's OK. I'm not happy, but I'm happy we win this game. I must play to be the same as Yao.

Me: Is there one thing that is the biggest misconception about your country?

HH: Nobody knows my country. Now is better. Now is better. But last year, I come here, my teammates ask me questions. Do I have a car? Do I have suit, or shoes? I said yeah, I have shoes. We have shoes. The (wrong) thing on us is, do you have camel? You don't have any shoes. We drive camel, not cars. No. Iran is big country, is huge country. I love my country. We have beautiful things. We have something to do. Now it's better.

Me: What was your feeling when you shook hands with Casspi?

HH: Just play basketball. I don't talk about ... what's the name?

Me: Politics?

HH: Politics. My English ... last year, I couldn't ... I'm sorry. But I don't think about politics. I want just to play my basketball, you know? He's a basketball player, and basketball players, you just say hi. You don't talk about politics or anything.

Me: You're a sportsman?

HH: Yeah, I'm a sportsman. I don't want to continue thinking about politics. No.

Me: Do you think you'll stay here through your contract (Haddadi is signed with Memphis through 2011) or will you go back to Europe if you can't play here?

HH: If my contract is finished and I find a contract, I say. It's my dream, in the NBA. If not, I go. My agent, he talks to all teams. I don't know. I have one more year on contract. It's long, it's long. NBA is long season. We have 40 games left, maybe we go playoff. I hope, I wish for playoffs. And we have one more year. I have chance to play maybe next season.

Nice article :)
It's good to see Haddadi answer all the questions in English and it's appreciated that he tried his best :D

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/01/18/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Roseblade13
01-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Hamed Haddadi is an underrated big man with solid fundamentals leadership, quickness he can shoot fade away, has nice post moves defends well and can throw it down, He even schooled Yi last FIBA Asia
I hope he gets more playing time or if not I hope he goes to a team who can appreciate his hard work and utilize him well. Maybe Memphis is just biased or well when your undrafted it's hard to get minutes easily. Also memphis is not team play while haddadi dominates in team play

Buran
01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Nice article :)
It's good to see Haddadi answer all the questions in English and it's appreciated that he tried his best :D

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/01/18/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Thanks for the link Khalid

Khalid80
01-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the link Khalid

Salam Buran :) Ur welcome bro

kerdito
01-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Hamed Haddadi is an underrated big man with solid fundamentals leadership, quickness he can shoot fade away, has nice post moves defends well and can throw it down, He even schooled Yi last FIBA Asia
I hope he gets more playing time or if not I hope he goes to a team who can appreciate his hard work and utilize him well. Maybe Memphis is just biased or well when your undrafted it's hard to get minutes easily. Also memphis is not team play while haddadi dominates in team play

I guess your right if Haddadi had a chance to play with another team he might take some more time. Memphis have already very good Centers and got Hasheem Thabet this year as the 2nd pick on the draft night so Hamed doesn't seem to be taken a good time with them as long as all those big guys are on healthy and on the team.

Buran
01-20-2010, 09:33 PM

In my opinion Hamed should leave Memphis next year without any hesitation (or right now for that matter if it's possible!) and Join a team that is struggling at C.
Memphis is the only team in NBA with 4 +7-footers on their roster, and the prospect of Hamed getting more playing time is grim. Thaabet has had a horrible season so far from what I have seen, but unfortunately, regardless of how bad he plays, he will remain the teams 2nd C throughout the season and the coaching staffs explanation would probably be: he is a rookie, needs more time, he will get better, just wait and see what he turns into next year!

Roseblade13
01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
In my opinion Hamed should leave Memphis next year without any hesitation (or right now for that matter if it's possible!) and Join a team that is struggling at C.
Memphis is the only team in NBA with 4 +7-footers on their roster, and the prospect of Hamed getting more playing time is grim. Thaabet has had a horrible season so far from what I have seen, but unfortunately, regardless of how bad he plays, he will remain the teams 2nd C throughout the season and the coaching staffs explanation would probably be: he is a rookie, needs more time, he will get better, just wait and see what he turns into next year!

I agree Nba teams are usually bias depending if a rookie or sophomore is undrafted or a 2nd overall pick, I think he should transfer to maybe Sacramento, Dallas or even Indiana teams which need a young center like him as an asian I want to see Heddadi of excel in the Nba!!

GilG
01-21-2010, 11:01 AM
I would love Haddadi to play for the Spurs next year. Players like him who can block, shoot, and has solid fundamentals will always be a part of any NBA team:D

GilG
01-21-2010, 11:02 AM

IMO, Thabeet is way too overrated. He is great at defense but his offense is non-existent. IMHO, Haddadi is better than Thabeet at this point in their career.

Handlez73
01-24-2010, 11:36 PM
yeah H.H is a big time player !!!

kerdito
01-28-2010, 05:55 AM
IMO, Thabeet is way too overrated. He is great at defense but his offense is non-existent. IMHO, Haddadi is better than Thabeet at this point in their career.

Don't forget that Hamed as a lot of experience already while Thabet's experience is only his NCAA games which means nothing on the international level.
Hamed already played in the Olympics and a season more in the NBA but still Thabet is more athletic and a better defensive player, Hamed has some good offensive level comparing to Thabet.

mvblair
02-23-2010, 12:10 PM
A nice article about Haddadi and pro-ball in Iran. Click on the link for the whole article:

Haddadi Still a Work in Progress (http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/2010/02/22/haddadi-still-a-work-in-progress/) - by Jorge Sierra, HoopsHype.com, February 22, 2010

....Stuck behind All-Star Zach Randolph, double-double machine Marc Gasol and shot-blocking rookie Hasheem Thabeet, Haddadi’s playing time has actually gone down a notch this season – 4.8 mpg, 0.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg – compared to the last one, where he averaged 2.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg and 0.6 bpg on just 6.3 minutes per game.

“I’m not happy that I’m not playing,” Haddadi said. “But I’m happy that I’m in the NBA and winning games.”

That success, with the team no longer in the player development business and using a short rotation (no bench player averages more than 17 mpg in Memphis), probably isn’t helping Haddadi’s cause. Also hurting him early in his NBA career is the brutal transition he’s had to go through. Unlike most international prospects, Haddadi didn’t see much real competition before joining the league and is still playing the price for it.

“Everything goes so fast,” Haddadi said. “Here everybody can run, shoot and jump. In Iran, if you were good at one of those things, you were not good at the others. It’s difficult for me.”

While basketball is a booming sport in Iran, the domestic league is leaps and bounds behind what you’ll find in Europe, for example.....

....A stint in Europe may have eased the transition for the likeable Haddadi, but he passed on playing there when given the chance. The 7-foot-2 center, whose English is as much a work in progress as his game, says he received an offer from Serbian powerhouse Partizan Belgrade three years ago.

“They called me and said they wanted me for one year,” Haddadi. “But I answered no because I wanted to focus on the Olympic Games in Beijing and wanted to practice with the National Team. It worked well for me because I played pretty good at the Olympics and Memphis signed me.”

The Beijing outing indeed proved to be key for Haddadi’s NBA hopes. He led the Olympic tournament in rebounds and blocked shots and was able to display his skills in front of a large audience.

[Former Clippers center Josh] Moore, who played against him during his time in Iran, wasn’t surprised by Haddadi’s impressive performance.

“He has a great amount of natural skill and potential,” Moore said. “I would compare him to Dirk Nowitzki skill-wise, with enough heart to get dirty around the basket - which Dirk doesn’t have. He has great footwork and, for some reason, a natural feel for the game.”

Haddadi is a good player, obviously. It's hard for him to get more minutes behind Gasol and Randolph, but I think he will make a nice back-up center for a team in the near future.

rikhardur
02-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Haddadi spent 15 minutes on the floor and recorded 8 points (3/4 FG), 8 rebounds (3 offensive) and a block as the Grizzlies beat the Wizards.

mvblair
02-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Haddadi spent 15 minutes on the floor and recorded 8 points (3/4 FG), 8 rebounds (3 offensive) and a block as the Grizzlies beat the Wizards. And his +/- was a team high +14.

“I want to give Hamed a shot. He’s done well in practice. And then he goes in the game and does a little bit better than I expected. I want to see if he can continue to do that. He’s a guy who can get some offensive rebounds and guard the basket. We’ll see if he can do it on a high level.” -- Memphis Coach Lionel Hollins

Buran
02-25-2010, 10:54 PM
And his +/- was a team high +14.

“I want to give Hamed a shot. He’s done well in practice. And then he goes in the game and does a little bit better than I expected. I want to see if he can continue to do that. He’s a guy who can get some offensive rebounds and guard the basket. We’ll see if he can do it on a high level.” -- Memphis Coach Lionel Hollins

it's surprising that all the sudden and out of the blue, the coach has decided to bench his project" Thabeet, and give Haddadi some chance. Are they benching Thabeet because of some disciplinary issue? (he is not injured apparently).
Whatever the reason, I'm sure Haddadi knows that he should capitalize on this opportunity and show how good of a player he is, his stats for last night are great. There is no question that at the moment Gasol is the best C in Memphis' Roster, but I have no doubt Haddadi could at least be the #1 C off the bench if given the chance.

silnismo
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Good News for Haddadi,

Memphis Grizzlies have sent Hasheem Thabeet to the D-leauge. Coach Lionel saids Haddadi will be taking his minutes and will be the back up for starter Marc Gasol.

I like the guy alot, and hope he can embrace this oppurtunity.

rikhardur
02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Good News for Haddadi,

Memphis Grizzlies have sent Hasheem Thabeet to the D-leauge. Coach Lionel saids Haddadi will be taking his minutes and will be the back up for starter Marc Gasol.

I like the guy alot, and hope he can embrace this oppurtunity.
Yeah, Hadaddi is receiving a very strong vote of confidence from Hollins. He deserves it, that's all I can say. Now it's up to him.

sinobball
02-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Yeah, Hadaddi is receiving a very strong vote of confidence from Hollins. He deserves it, that's all I can say. Now it's up to him.
More like a "last chance" for him, if he doesn't impress now, his NBA days are numbered. Thabeet doesn't have to worry about a paycheck these years but Hadadi should.

He would be great in Europe I believe. I think he's a little too slow and unathletic for NBA standards.

rikhardur
02-26-2010, 12:31 AM
More like a "last chance" for him, if he doesn't impress now, his NBA days are numbered. Thabeet doesn't have to worry about a paycheck these years but Hadadi should.

He would be great in Europe I believe. I think he's a little too slow and unathletic for NBA standards.
Good point, totally agreed.