2008.5.2 Philippines 92 - Thailand 76
    2008.5.2 Malaysia 101 - Singapore 47
    2008.5.3 Singapore 68 - Indonesia 50
    2008.5.3 Malaysia 85 - Thailand 68
    2008.5.4 Thailand 73 - Singapore 54
    2008.5.4 Philippines 123 - Indonesia 43
    2008.5.5 Philippines 96 - Singapore 55
    2008.5.5 Malaysia 120 - Indonesia 48
    Last edited by Kings; 05-05-2008, 10:46 PM.

Still 3 months away ..... in the meantime, we will get to see the RP Youth Team play in the PBL when it opens on Feb. 23, 2008. Will definitely be out watching the games as much as possible .....
    Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111
      Still 3 months away ..... in the meantime, we will get to see the RP Youth Team play in the PBL when it opens on Feb. 23, 2008. Will definitely be out watching the games as much as possible .....
      Me too...i will make this as one of my to do list for this year...im excited to see the future of the philippine RP team. we may try not to put our bets on these kids but being a Filipino die hard fan of basketball, im sure we will.

so can we post here the schedule of the actual games...i love to see gabe norwood teaching real basketball lessons to these kids that may toughen up and be a better baller. hehehe

or jervy cruz crushing whatever interior defense they put on him...let the learning begin...

Comment

there's no doubt, RP will lord it over in this tournament. the question here is, what will happen in the asian level?
        "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

If what they say is true about Philip Paredes. That he is a 16-year-old 6-6 behemoth then here is a possibility:

He can still grow taller which might make him reach 6'7" - 6'9". Since he'll be playing the 4-5 positions, I bet he can be a promising player in the future; however, I wanna watch him first play his game b4 I jump into anything else.
          GILAS WISHLIST:
          6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx
            If what they say is true about Philip Paredes. That he is a 16-year-old 6-6 behemoth then here is a possibility:

He can still grow taller which might make him reach 6'7" - 6'9". Since he'll be playing the 4-5 positions, I bet he can be a promising player in the future; however, I wanna watch him first play his game b4 I jump into anything else.
            if he can beat junmar fajardo 1 on 1, he's ok. i think the disparity in age is not that big since fajardo is just 18 or 19 yrs old only.
            "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
              if he can beat junmar fajardo 1 on 1, he's ok. i think the disparity in age is not that big since fajardo is just 18 or 19 yrs old only.
              If I'm not mistaken, I believe Gian Chiu was 6'7" when he was 17-years-old. Now he's 6'9" which reminds me, don't worry about GChiu's pt making because it's his defense we need.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx

Read some good feedback about Pepot Paredes from those who've seen him play thus far. He's only 15 or 16, so he'll likely grow at least an inch more, hopefully even more in the coming years, to 6'7" or 6'8".

JUSTIN CHUA, JUNMAR FAJARDO & PHILIP PAREDES, possibly the future, quality Centers in Philippine basketball.
                Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

The good thing about Paredes is that he's got muscles, and not just another tall skinny kid like Jericho de Guzman
                  SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by bolabasket
                    The good thing about Paredes is that he's got muscles, and not just another tall skinny kid like Jericho de Guzman
                    hahaha.. your absolutely wrong man... i am from cagayan ive seen paredes... hes like a walking bamboo pole...

Comment

Originally posted by jesronne
                      hahaha.. your absolutely wrong man... i am from cagayan ive seen paredes... hes like a walking bamboo pole...
                      well, from the video he looked like a sturdy bamboo.
                      SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

normally tall kids really have that built in the early stage

Comment

can anyone describe the youth Rp team ?? Any player looks promising for the future ? still have problems in tall players ??
                          Good luck for Rp team.
                          Thx in advance.
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                            can anyone describe the youth Rp team ?? Any player looks promising for the future ? still have problems in tall players ??
                            Good luck for Rp team.
                            Thx in advance.
                            we are still in the stage forming the national rp youth team. we already have shortlisted list of players. they are very promising players but lack in height. We don't have 7 footers like some countries do specially china and iran. hopefully this team will do good.

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                              Good luck for Rp team.
                              Thx in advance.
                              Unfortunately, we still in a "dire" need of a tall player to man the middle. But one thing is good though, the current Philippine youth team coach is the very best right now to handle the job. Good luck to Lebanon too, see you at the next youth asian championship. What are your chances by the way ?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information