Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebanon's group at the pre-qualifier tournament(Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon's group at the pre-qualifier tournament(Discussion)

Group A:
    Lebanon
    Greece
    Brazil

What you say about our chances ?? For me i think that Lebanon is in the toughest group,our chances is to win Brazil,Greece no way to beat them only in a miracle ,even Brazil is a good team specially if Nene,Barbosa and Varejao will play with them !!

*This thread will be for all the news concerning Lebanon NT.
    Last edited by daniab; 02-02-2008, 01:31 PM.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

1st do we need to top the group or just win one game? also how come there's only 3 teams that strange!

the most important thing is to get khatib back to the NT , and start practicing and play games before the tourmant starts so we can be ready, also the flb should try and get back some players from aboard , but the thing that worries mr the most is fatigue we all know that most of NT players play with riyadi and riyadi will play in many championships , leb league& cup , arab&asia champioship,

Comment

Originally posted by YAROUNI10

1st do we need to top the group or just win one game? also how come there's only 3 teams that strange!

the most important thing is to get khatib back to the NT , and start practicing and play games before the tourmant starts so we can be ready, also the flb should try and get back some players from aboard , but the thing that worries mr the most is fatigue we all know that most of NT players play with riyadi and riyadi will play in many championships , leb league& cup , arab&asia champioship,
      1- No, two teams from each group will qualify to the 2nd round.
      2-Welll yeah,if we have hope we must get back El khatib.As i ask for Ghaleb to get him back also.
      Guys.Which NT roster u prefer this year ???
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Good Luck For Libano!
        Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
        16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
        Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
        8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
          Good Luck For Libano!
          Thx buddy,same for Puerto Rico NT
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

The only way Lebanon can win against Greece or Brasil if they will not be ready and relaxed. I would say chances are 1/2500~

Comment

Originally posted by Test
              The only way Lebanon can win against Greece or Brasil if they will not be ready and relaxed. I would say chances are 1/2500~
              what you said is too overrated,no one can deny that our chances are low but nothing impossible in basketball.
              Last edited by daniab; 02-02-2008, 01:31 PM.
              Proud to be Lebanese
              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                Group A:
                Lebanon
                Greece
                Brazil

What you say about our chances ?? For me i think that Lebanon is in the toughest group,our chances is to win Brazil,Greece no way to beat them only in a miracle ,even Brazil is a good team specially if Nene,Barbosa and Varejao will play with them !!
                BTW, Korea will face Slovenia and Canada in their group. My guess is that they will try to win against Canada. I don't know about their chances against Slovenia. The reason is that Ha-Seung Jin and Kim Joo-Sung are the only centers they have who are reliable. The problem with Slovenia is that more than half of their roster is above 2 meters whileas Korea only 3-4 players above 2 meters.

As for Lebanon... the only way they can win is to use the same strategy they used on France. Run and hit 3s and prevent the ball from getting to their opposing team's center. Full court pressure should also be applied, if necessary.

Brazil... I'm not sure because they are unstoppable inside with Tiago Splitter, Nene, and Anderson Varejao. The only setback with this team is that their big men are poor three point shooters.

Greece... very unlikely. I think of all their players can shoot 3s except for Lazardous Papadoupolus and Diros Dikoudis. Other than that, just hope Antonis Fotsis won't be in their roster because this guy is a force inside and out. The only positive thing I can see is that their guards Spanoulis, Diamantidis, and Papaloukas are poor outside shooters; the reason is that these guys are more of slashers rather than shooters.

I'll conclude that the two team's outside shooters opposite each other because the best 3 point shooters of Brazil are their small players and Greece their big men (Tsartsaris, Fotsis, Hatzivrettas, Kakiouzis, etc. can all hit 3s).
                GILAS WISHLIST:
                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Nice analysis interxavierxxx,i agree with u.Lebanon's chances are not that much to get into the 2nd round but we must be ready whatever our chances are.Maybe we can get some experience against teams better than us,when we won France no one was thinking that we can beat them and we did it.
                  Hope it will be repeated this year against Greece or Brazil.
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx
                    Greece... very unlikely. I think of all their players can shoot 3s except for Lazardous Papadoupolus and Diros Dikoudis.
                    Actually Dikoudis shoots for 3 quite often. OK, he is not terribly good at it but there are games he may hit a couple.

Just for the record.
                    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
                      Actually Dikoudis shoots for 3 quite often. OK, he is not terribly good at it but there are games he may hit a couple.

Just for the record.
                      Yes, Dikoudis hits 3s. By the way, Spanoulis and Diamantidis are good outside shooters. At one point Diamantidis had the best 3 point percentage of the Greek league last year.I don't actually know if he finished first, but I made my point. Papaloukas is a bad outside shooter, allthough, like Dikoudis he can be dangerous when he is hot.

Only Papadopoulos does not shoot 3s. And yes, Fotsis will play.

Just to be objective. Greece is not a pure shooting team, but when they're hot from the 3 point line. They are allmost unbeatable.

Don't forget they play at home.
                      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

after our loss against iran in the asian cup im so sad till now ...
                        we lost our chance for a historic accomplishment
                        for now .. we should get fady and ghaleb to the NT .. get matt freije and barbour .. prepare like 300% and before the tournament in a long time ..
                        and wish for god and luck .. and some miracolous rony fahed long ranges

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious
                          And yes, Fotsis will play.
                          What happened to him btw? How come he didn't play in the Eurobasket 2007? He was a huge factor during the FIBA World Champs especially against the United States.

I remember watching him hammer dunks against Lithuania, Qatar, and Turkey.
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx
                            What happened to him btw? How come he didn't play in the Eurobasket 2007? He was a huge factor during the FIBA World Champs especially against the United States.

I remember watching him hammer dunks against Lithuania, Qatar, and Turkey.
                            He was injured (and his team, Dynamo Moscow, didn't want him to play).
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Last infos about our NT,the federation and Coach Fouad Abou chakra are trying to get some lebanese living abroad and there are 20 players on the list.
                              Proud to be Lebanese
                              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information