Which PBA is better.. before or now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which PBA is better.. before or now?

Hi guys,.. I just need your opinions. Do you think the PBA today is a lot better than before? What do you think?

For me, It's a lot better now because there are less stopages in the game, most of our big can now shoot perimeter shots or even 3 pts., there are no more pathetic post plays from our small centers, the average 3 point shots made by a team per game is 8+, and the players are no longer show offs.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

it's better now because we can often see locals slamdunking...Canaleta, etc..
    SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

It's better now coz there are a lot of tall versatile players. Less one on one plays and there are a lot of athletic players..Especially since the incorporation of some FIBA rules the games are more exciting, physical and fast..

Comment

When it comes to talent, its better now but when it comes to fans its better before.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

somehow, I want the talent now but I also want to bring out the passion of the yesteryears
          Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

it will become much better in the future.
            "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

The better is during pre-PBA season when MICAA league is still the best Filipino basketball players of all eras have world-class players were Loyzaga, Mumar etc. Second, the PBA 70's and 80's when Fernandez, Jaworski, Samboy Lim, Atoy Co played is still the greatest PBA competion era all-time, because of their shooters mostly were consisting FT shooter, defensive, smart, talent etc. But now, they are taller but their talent is no way compared to past players but they have still good with potential players but mostly are older talent guys like "laoos na!". But Abarrrientos and co. were still better than now. I think this era is weakest.?. And actually I watched this PBA games too boring now than last decade because I look they playing slower, didn't play pressure and aggressive. Now, our young players already to continueing National Basketball Training. It's a big thing for our future cagers. Maybe the next era will be better?

Comment

Originally posted by joel23
                The better is during pre-PBA season when MICAA league is still the best Filipino basketball players of all eras have world-class players were Loyzaga, Mumar etc. Second, the PBA 70's and 80's when Fernandez, Jaworski, Samboy Lim, Atoy Co played is still the greatest PBA competion era all-time, because of their shooters mostly were consisting FT shooter, defensive, smart, talent etc. But now, they are taller but their talent is no way compared to past players but they have still good with potential players but mostly are older talent guys like "laoos na!". But Abarrrientos and co. were still better than now. I think this era is weakest.?. And actually I watched this PBA games too boring now than last decade because I look they playing slower, didn't play pressure and aggressive. Now, our young players already to continueing National Basketball Training. It's a big thing for our future cagers. Maybe the next era will be better?
                it's like asking which is better, yesterday, today or tomorrow?
                "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Comment

Re: Which PBA is better.. before or now?

I MISS the old days of the PBA (pre-1998) wherein players would literally try to kill each other and fight for the ball as if their life depended on it. Scores would easily reach over a 100 any given game day.

Also, players were presented as basketball players, not as glamorous movie star types or showbiz wannabes. News on players were found only in the Sports pages, not in the Entertainment, Lifestyle or the Police pages!

Oh yes, the PBA back then featured real Filipino players.
                  Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                  Servinio's Blog of Sports
                  Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                  Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                  Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

I think PBA was hotter before, it was something the common Juan Dela Cruz couldn't live without...during the days of Caidic, Alvarez, Menesses etc.. I started watching PBA religiously back in 1993, I was a die-hard SMB fan and my bro and cuz are my antagonists, because they love Purefoods very much. Rivalry back then was very intense, ala-reality TV, and admit it, PBA was more exciting with the illegal defense since one-on-one moves were more entertaining to watch..
                    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

The Late 80s-Pre-1998 PBA is way better than today.... it was the heydays of Allan Caidic, Alvin Patrimonio, Samboy Lim, Vergel Meneses, Johnny Abarrientos, Jojo Lastimosa, Hector Calma, Benjie Paras, etc....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx
                        Hi guys,.. I just need your opinions. Do you think the PBA today is a lot better than before? What do you think?

For me, It's a lot better now because there are less stopages in the game, most of our big can now shoot perimeter shots or even 3 pts., there are no more pathetic post plays from our small centers, the average 3 point shots made by a team per game is 8+, and the players are no longer show offs.
                        Are you talking about the old rules and the new rules?... or just comparing the present-day PBA and the yesteryear PBA?

sigpic

Comment

I watch PBA games such boring now than in the past. In 70's and 80's I watched exciting game were played physical, run and gun, very tight defense, scouting their strongest side, fighting the ball, and shooting very well consistency. Unlike the 90's players were did not have focus but they have still fighting the ball and defensive well. But now is boring! Because they played relax in the 1st sometimes they did relax in 3rd and 4th. Perhaps they lost focus their game and they play like no bearing game. Also they didn't scouting who's hot and they have not concern winning their team.

Comment

Originally posted by donmar
                            The Late 80s-Pre-1998 PBA is way better than today.... it was the heydays of Allan Caidic, Alvin Patrimonio, Samboy Lim, Vergel Meneses, Johnny Abarrientos, Jojo Lastimosa, Hector Calma, Benjie Paras, etc....
                            Correct! These players served our country in the international competition. Their talents are already proven in the amateurs and they do not need media hype.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

i still think that PBA of today and the future is much better than the PBA of yesteryears technically but if we will talk about passion and love of the game, of course the old PBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information