• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Person is a CON!

Graham Lim an alien, Supreme Court rules

By Romina Austria
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 21:08:00 01/18/2008

MANILA, Philippines--IT'S FINAL and irreversible: controversial Basketball Association of the Philippines (BAP) secretary general Graham Lim is not a Filipino citizen.

The Supreme Court's Third Division has denied with finality Lim's effort to establish Filipino citizenship, thus quashing a motion for reconsideration he filed in November last year.

The decision was certified by Wilfredo Lapitan, assistant clerk of court, in behalf of Lucita Abjelina-Soriano, clerk of court.

Lim could not be reached for comment as of this writing.

His citizenship bid was both circuitous and controversial. He had sought to overturn a lower court ruling that had found his claim to Filipino citizenship baseless.

Lim, however, encountered bigger problems when former officemates at the BAP alleged he had submitted fake documents to substantiate his claim to Filipino citizenship.

His former deputy in the BAP, Emmanuel Perez de Tagle and international referee Liberato Valenzuela, produced papers substantiating their allegations that Lim was a fake Filipino.

As a result, charges were subsequently filed in court, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

The DFA ruled Lim an illegal alien and eventually withdrew his Philippine passport.

The BI, under former commissioner Alipio Fernandez, likewise officially declared Lim as a Taiwanese citizen. Immigration agents arrested and detained him on March 24, 2006.

Despite the rulings, Lim went on to travel in and out of the country as deportation proceedings were never carried out.

We've known that for a long time. Now, maybe we can finally say "Good riddance to bad rubbish". Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na! Hey-hey-hey, GOODBYE!

Originally posted by Tsar Josef
    Despite the rulings, Lim went on to travel in and out of the country as deportation proceedings were never carried out.
    See, not only is Lim useless, he is a CRIMINAL, and thinks that he can continue to defy the law.

Comment

At last!
      Philippine basketball still has some hope.
      He can drag Pichay wherever he's from they're both not needed in the sports scene.
      And also, just in, Supreme court's ruling on Pichay is near. He is reported to be not a Filipino too, not even a human. There is a speculation that he is a rare breed of an ape.
      I'm Rick James, beach!

Comment

Originally posted by rick_james_beach
        At last!
        Philippine basketball still has some hope.
        He can drag Pichay wherever he's from they're both not needed in the sports scene.
        And also, just in, Supreme court's ruling on Pichay is near. He is reported to be not a Filipino too, not even a human. There is a speculation that he is a rare breed of an ape.

As for Pichay, IMO I think he is rooting for the better development of Philippine sports especially basketball. The only problem is, he's in a wrong organization (BAP).
        Mabuhay Team Pilipinas!

Comment

My very first post: I just hope his deportation will be implemented soon.
          Hello to everyone here!

Comment

the real question is when will he be deported??! rulings are just that, rulings. i'd rather see the implementation

Comment

Originally posted by Onizuka01
              As for Pichay, IMO I think he is rooting for the better development of Philippine sports especially basketball. The only problem is, he's in a wrong organization (BAP).
              Yeah, you're right, i remember hes campaign ad, "my dream is to fulfill your dreams".

Comment

Yahoooo!!!!... Somebody should deport him legally or illegally.... he ruined more than a decade of Philippine basketball... the "Muthaf@#$%er of Philippine Basketball" ... Tama Na! Sobra Na!...

sigpic

Comment

why did Graham Lim hold onto the BAP? did he needed it so badly, for what reason?
                  It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                  I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

for a slice of the basketball pie........ i guess he's hungry, or should i say his pocket is hungry basketball being so popular, im assuming the budget(from both the government and private sponsors) is what he and his gang are after. no BS about that wanting to develope players crap! bap receives millions and probably just spend hundreds for actual development of the sport, the rest of the moolah goes to their houses, cars, trips and fat asses

Comment

Originally posted by kontiki
                      for a slice of the basketball pie........ i guess he's hungry, or should i say his pocket is hungry basketball being so popular, im assuming the budget(from both the government and private sponsors) is what he and his gang are after. no BS about that wanting to develope players crap! bap receives millions and probably just spend hundreds for actual development of the sport, the rest of the moolah goes to their houses, cars, trips and fat asses
                      ah is that so?

I do believe that Chino Trinidad and other basketball stakeholders hate Graham Lim, and they all know that he's not even a true Filipino. Damn, politics, it even got into basketball.
                      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Good Riddance Graham Lim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                          why did Graham Lim hold onto the BAP? did he needed it so badly, for what reason?
                          he may be given commission whenever he sends a Pinoy team to a basketball event oversees.
                          SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by bolabasket
                            he may be given commission whenever he sends a Pinoy team to a basketball event oversees.

In addtion, in my own opinion. he's probably conspiring with other countries of sending NOT talented players from the RP to play against other nations NT.

"This is only my opinion"
                            Mabuhay Team Pilipinas!

Comment

Originally posted by kontiki
                              The very same reason why Pichay wants to get into the mix. He needs to recoup all his election expenses.
                              And how can you be so sure that he's rooting for the development of Philipine sports?
                              Politics (specially dirty politics) and sports truly don't match.
                              I'm Rick James, beach!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information