nba gone in local cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nba gone in local cable?

the cable that i'm currently subscribed in has removed btv from its new line-up of channels meaning daily nba games are gone. nba is available only in free tv once or twice a week i think. and in some channels once or twice a week too. where will we watch nba now? is it the same with other local cables?

Originally posted by seph
    the cable that i'm currently subscribed in has removed btv from its new line-up of channels meaning daily nba games are gone. nba is available only in free tv once or twice a week i think. and in some channels once or twice a week too. where will we watch nba now? is it the same with other local cables?

NBA League Pass

Comment

Originally posted by seph
      are you a skycable subscriber? better switch to dream cable.
      "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
        are you a skycable subscriber? better switch to dream cable.
        Dream is not a cable service, it's satellite tv...to get NBA on cable..get Destiny, they now have all the Solar Channels like BTV, Solar Sports Jack TV, ETC, C/S and 2nd Ave. (the last 3 are also available in free tv)

Solar had a disagreement with the monopolistic ABS-CBN, owner of SkyCable. So they switched to Destiny.

Solar is the exclusive broadcaster of NBA in the Philippines. ESPN on SkyCable cannot air the All-Star, Conference and NBA Finals games here in the Philippines, only Solar's BTV can. They are also the sole official broadcaster of the 2008 Beijing Olympics here. So Skycable subscribers are the real losers here.
        <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

It's not gone on local cable, it's just that SkyCable did not renew Solar Entertainment's contract anymore and now they have switched to Global Destiny. Wrong move by Sky!!!
          ROCK ON PHILIPPINES!

Comment

Their new channels DId'nt Have Entertainments...I need to switch Cable Subscribers...I need NBA and PBL
            EVERY DUNKS COUNTS AS FOUR!!!

Comment

Yeah, it sucks bigtime, most of the time I spend on watching TV is watching BTV. Now it's gone, I can't watch WKU games, PBL games and good 'ol NBA specials....

Comment

thanks for the news

Comment

Originally posted by pilipinas02
                  It's not gone on local cable, it's just that SkyCable did not renew Solar Entertainment's contract anymore and now they have switched to Global Destiny. Wrong move by Sky!!!

actually, It's the Solar Entertainment Group the didnt renew their contract with the monoplistic Lopez Group....prior to this, SkyCable notified Solar that they will not include ETC, JackTV, 2nd Ave and C/S in their channel line-up because they'll be coming up with channels that have similar format that turned out to be the inferior Maxx and Velvet. Solar took offense and decided to pull out BTV and Solar Sports as well...

Solar's leverage is that they have the most comprehensive broadcast schedule of the NBA and the official broadcaster of the Beijing Olympics, as well as the franchise holder of all the upcoming Pacman fights.
                  <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper
                    Dream is not a cable service, it's satellite tv...to get NBA on cable..get Destiny, they now have all the Solar Channels like BTV, Solar Sports Jack TV, ETC, C/S and 2nd Ave. (the last 3 are also available in free tv)

Solar had a disagreement with the monopolistic ABS-CBN, owner of SkyCable. So they switched to Destiny.

Solar is the exclusive broadcaster of NBA in the Philippines. ESPN on SkyCable cannot air the All-Star, Conference and NBA Finals games here in the Philippines, only Solar's BTV can. They are also the sole official broadcaster of the 2008 Beijing Olympics here. So Skycable subscribers are the real losers here.
                    we're not talking about the type but we are talking about who can provide the NBA through TV.
                    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Comment

Originally posted by RayV
                      Yeah, it sucks bigtime, most of the time I spend on watching TV is watching BTV. Now it's gone, I can't watch WKU games, PBL games and good 'ol NBA specials....
                      watch the NBA highlights, news, fantasy hoops and more in the pathetic house of hoops in ABC every monday and thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by pilipinas02
                        does the balls channel of abs-cbn's skycable not showing nba or any basketball show? why name it balls if they are not showing ball games?

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
                          does the balls channel of abs-cbn's skycable not showing nba or any basketball show? why name it balls if they are not showing ball games?

BALLS?

Their shows Are more on College Football(US NCAA), Rugby, Tennis and Soccer. It Really Sucks., Once in a blue moon they Show Basketball Games(Ncaa/ NO NBA!). And...I watch ESPN from 7pm to 9pm (last MonDay)(UNC vs. CLEMSON) and BALLS had it replayed at 9pm, Exactly after the OT game...What A channel. Better have DESTINY Cable.
                          EVERY DUNKS COUNTS AS FOUR!!!

Comment

The new channels of Sky Cable completely sucks!!

Comment

is there any way that we can pressure skycable to do some thing about this?i think that there are many skycable subscribers out there and not part of this community that are pissed with what happened and are just silent. it's unfair that skycable marketed their service using "nba" as one of the many features that they have to entice people in subscribing to them. and didn't even considered those people like us if the news is correct that they offended solar entertainment in terms of contract technicalities. moreover, shifting to another cable is a hassle. we're the ones paying anyway. i think many would agree that we're not paying the same monthly price for "balls" who air dart competitions and boring boxing matches that don't even have relation with balls to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information