NT Triggerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT Triggerman

Allan Caidic is my all time favorite basketball player.He use to be the most feared shooter in whole of Asia.I just wanna ask you guys if you believe that there would be a second coming of the Triggerman?I remember from the past that Ren-Ren Ritualo and James Yap ware once dubbed as the next Caidic....

Same Allan Caidic is my all-time favorite player... people recently anointed Ren-Ren Ritualo as the next Caidic but I don't think he is in the same level as the Triggerman... James Yap, on the other hand, is pretty much a very different player... sort of the injury-free young Allan Caidic before the injury-plague Caidic of the 90's but I think James Yap is creating his own legacy in the PBA... I don't think anyone can emulate the Triggerman for a longtime...

By the way... I got his autobiography book and you can learn a lot about his life like any typical poor Filipino rose to become PBA superstar... Rommel Adducul is another example of that and many others...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gambitx
      Allan Caidic is my all time favorite basketball player.He use to be the most feared shooter in whole of Asia.I just wanna ask you guys if you believe that there would be a second coming of the Triggerman?I remember from the past that Ren-Ren Ritualo and James Yap ware once dubbed as the next Caidic....
      There's only one triggerman in philippine basketball and that was allan caidic. I think the triggerman's flawless outside shooting was the only filipino respected and feared so much by our asian neighbors, that even regional powers like china and south korea were awed by his vaunted shooting ability. So no one or nobody could come close to be crowned as the next triggerman of the philippines and by the rest of asia...hehehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by onono1
        There's only one triggerman in philippine basketball and that was allan caidic. I think the triggerman's flawless outside shooting was the only filipino respected and feared so much by our asian neighbors, that even regional powers like china and south korea were awed by his vaunted shooting ability. So no one or nobody could come close to be crowned as the next triggerman of the philippines and by the rest of asia...hehehehe.
        I agree!!!

sigpic

Comment

Ren Ren Ritualo is a great shooter, and can bury shots consistently at international games. If only he can play PG, his height wouldn't look that much of a deficiency. He plays too small for SG too, with SG in Asian teams right now at 6"5 and above.

I've never witnessed Caidic in the 80's and in the NT's, but I religiously followed SMB since 1992 during the 90's. I've seen him twice in the '94 and '98 NT but I haven't seen him on his prime. On my POV, no one can replace the Triggerman but if there is one who is close enough to his talent as RP NT's shooter, its Ren Ren Ritualo. bow!
          It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
          I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Caidic is a consistent 3point shooter. I remember his game againts Japan in the 1990 Beijing ASIAD, his shooting brings us back in the game also the heroics of Chito Loyzaga and Ronnie Magsanoc.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sakamoto
              Caidic is a consistent 3point shooter. I remember his game againts Japan in the 1990 Beijing ASIAD, his shooting brings us back in the game also the heroics of Chito Loyzaga and Ronnie Magsanoc.
              I haven't seen those games, will somebody upload some
              It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
              I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

nobody is deserving to be called a triggerman other than allan caidic. not ritualo, not caguioa. he is irreplaceable.
                "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

no body can be the next caidic..but there must be a new guy with a VERY VERY VERY deadly outside shot coming or else we'll have a hard time winning internationaly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakamoto
                    He played that game with a heavily bandaged injured left-hand (his shooting hand) and managed to score 34 points in the second half... it was a comeback win for RP... thanks to him!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bestkept
                      no body can be the next caidic..but there must be a new guy with a VERY VERY VERY deadly outside shot coming or else we'll have a hard time winning internationaly.
                      Well i have some candidates listed like:

Lordy Tugade
                      Jonathan Fernandez
                      JV Casio
                      Chris Tiu
                      and maybe Youssif Aljamal
                      you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro
                        Well i have some candidates listed like:

Lordy Tugade
                        Jonathan Fernandez
                        JV Casio
                        Chris Tiu
                        and maybe Youssif Aljamal
                        Well Tugade is the only consistent 3 point shooter in your list...

As for Fernandez, yeah he is the designated 3 pt shooter in his college team but the problem is how accurate is it (Fieldgoal pctg.)?

Casio too small and still inconsistent...

Tiu he's good but still yet to be proven outside UAAP...

Aljamal the same as Fernandez lot of attempts but how about the fieldgoals made...

IMO, Tugade, Yap and Ritualo only that Ritualo is pure shooter and the 2 are more versatile...

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                          Ren Ren Ritualo is a great shooter, and can bury shots consistently at international games. If only he can play PG, his height wouldn't look that much of a deficiency. He plays too small for SG too, with SG in Asian teams right now at 6"5 and above.

I've never witnessed Caidic in the 80's and in the NT's, but I religiously followed SMB since 1992 during the 90's. I've seen him twice in the '94 and '98 NT but I haven't seen him on his prime. On my POV, no one can replace the Triggerman but if there is one who is close enough to his talent as RP NT's shooter, its Ren Ren Ritualo. bow!
                          I beg to disagree sir, ritualo isn't close enough to allan caidic's talent and terrific shooting skills Renren reminds me more of 3 points assassin naning valenciano of 1980's alaska milk player...

Comment

Caidic can play inside as well as outside, having played center in high school. He was also a mismatch waiting to happen as 6'2" was quite tall for shooting guards back in those days. He might seem soft but was an underrated defender, averaging close to two steals per game in his career.

Ren-ren Ritualo has none of those attributes. He is a 6'0" shooting guard in a league where 6'3" shooting guards are a dime a dozen. He has proven to be a one-dimensional player, needing screens to free himself up for the shot. He is but a shadow of that fearless scorer who lifted DLSU to four straight titles, showing a variety of slashing moves and pop-up jumpers. His defense has been nonexistent due to his height and size disadvantage.

His best and only option now is to learn to play point guard. He has enough speed in him to bring down the ball. However, his handles and court vision could use a little improvement.
                            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

another addition could be Salangsang hehe

he gave the malaysians some shooting lessons hehehe
                              you know why I am happy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information