Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyrus Baguio, is he a potential candidate for our NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrus Baguio, is he a potential candidate for our NT?

I've been watching CB play since last year and I believe he is rising player. He can be a very valuable PG and the best of all, he's 6'3".

This is the normal PG height for European and American PGs.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

yeah, i've been thinking him as one of the pg of the rp team

Comment

I dont think he'll be a good PG... He's better be at SG.. The problem is,he's more of a slasher than a shooter.. And we know,internationally his opponents/defenders will be much taller..I also think 6'3 is too generous for his height..I thought he is just maybe about 6'0 or 6'1...

Comment

Cyrus Baguio, is he a potential candidate for our NT?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he has been a candidate for the last national team

Comment

Baguio is really just 6-0 or 6-1 without shoes...his slim figure makes an optical illusion that he's tall.... but he really is a high flyer. he could be a good reserve in the pool but not as shoo-in.
          SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

who would you Pick Between him and Mac Cardona??

Comment

Originally posted by hawke12
              Cardona...
              [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

Cardona has and edge with experience in big games...he'll just have to control his temper
                SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by hawke12
                  skyrus

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx
                    I've been watching CB play since last year and I believe he is rising player. He can be a very valuable PG and the best of all, he's 6'3".

This is the normal PG height for European and American PGs.
                    What? Cyrus Baguio looks smaller than 6-3 even with shoes on... I thought he stands only 6-1 with sneakers on. Im not convince that baguio can play pointguard effectively in international level. He plays more of a shooting guard in the PBL and he needs to bulk up too, what he got is a lean body.

Comment

both of them...^_^
                      YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO BAD...

Comment

Yeah... He is the future of Bong Alvarez!!!

Comment

I have to say that among the players in the PBA right now, "Sky-rus" has got to be my favorite player, mainly because he plays very similar to Samboy Lim or Paul Alvarez. He generates so many highlight reel hang time moves, that just like Samboy or Paul, everytime he touches the ball on offense, everybody starts getting excited, waiting for him to do something definitely worth watching.

But you have to understand, that "Sky-rus'" points mainly come from drive in moves to the paint. I've been tracking the stats of some PBA veterans, & based on that, "Sky-rus'" 3-point shooting percentage is simply awful, meaning he is not a dependable outside shooter.

Because he scores nearer to the basket, I have a bit of doubt that he can be as effective internationally as he is in the PBA, mainly because he will be up against taller players. The question is, will his hang time be enough to offset the taller reach of players defending against him? THAT, is the big question.

Then again, we won't really find out for sure, until he tries it out in actual competitions. So at the very least, I think he should be given a spot in future RP NTs. If he delivers, then he will be an exciting & devastating player who will gain fans not only locally, but internationally as well. If he doesn't, well, he can always show his exciting brand of game in the PBA.

"Sky-rus" is only about 6'0", & plays the no. 2 position.
                          Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111
                            I have to say that among the players in the PBA right now, "Sky-rus" has got to be my favorite player, mainly because he plays very similar to Samboy Lim or Paul Alvarez. He generates so many highlight reel hang time moves, that just like Samboy or Paul, everytime he touches the ball on offense, everybody starts getting excited, waiting for him to do something definitely worth watching.

But you have to understand, that "Sky-rus'" points mainly come from drive in moves to the paint. I've been tracking the stats of some PBA veterans, & based on that, "Sky-rus'" 3-point shooting percentage is simply awful, meaning he is not a dependable outside shooter.

Because he scores nearer to the basket, I have a bit of doubt that he can be as effective internationally as he is in the PBA, mainly because he will be up against taller players. The question is, will his hang time be enough to offset the taller reach of players defending against him? THAT, is the big question.

Then again, we won't really find out for sure, until he tries it out in actual competitions. So at the very least, I think he should be given a spot in future RP NTs. If he delivers, then he will be an exciting & devastating player who will gain fans not only locally, but internationally as well. If he doesn't, well, he can always show his exciting brand of game in the PBA.

"Sky-rus" is only about 6'0", & plays the no. 2 position.
                            I'll buy your post for that . While its no doubt cyrus baguio has the ability to do some hang time, its hard to think how can he be effective playing internationally like in FIBA Asia. Thats correct, the guy's not a reliable outside shooter. Just like mark cacuioa, he's small but quick and exciting to play w/c is more suitable for PBA entertainment no less.

Comment

All I can say, is that if this guy manages to successfully bring his game to the international level (and I think he should be given the chance to try to do so), then it will be a treat to all the international basketball fans out there, since he is a very exciting player to watch on the floor.
                              Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information