Chip Engelland Should Be One Of Rp's Asst. Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Engelland Should Be One Of Rp's Asst. Coaches

I don't know about the Head Coach but I hope the get Chip next time for RP Basketball.
    Last edited by rikhardur; 11-28-2007, 12:56 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Originally posted by Alex07
    I don't know about the Head Coach but I hope the get Chip next time for RP Basketball.
    shooting coach maybe..but not head coach
    <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper
      yeah his schedules in the NBA wouldn't allow him to be with the RP team.

Comment

hope Chip Engelland and Erik Spoelstra will be part of the rp team asst. coaches

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper
          I just wish Chip Engelland would be hired by SBP to teach our youngsters the real art of shooting and probably establish a sort of basketball academy, specializing on shooting skills. My old man used to tell stories that in their days, pinoy basketball players are better perimeter shooters than today. The South Koreans feared us, as we to them but that was a long time ago. Our new generation of basketeers are more of an inside operators, they love to dunk and forgot the usefulness of improving their shooting skills. Caidic has retired and Ritualo is not that consistent as before. Our so called big men need to develop their shooting skills that adds well to their versatility as a player and become a force to reckon with.

As for Chip being head coach ? nope, shooting coach is a yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Project_Olympics
            hope Chip Engelland and Erik Spoelstra will be part of the rp team asst. coaches
            They would be perfect combination for the national team coaching staff... both were assistant coaches of the last two NBA champions...

sigpic

Comment

As far as I understand, Chip did come back to the country a couple of months ago, as a Consultant for SMB (?).

I think having him as a Consultant is good enough, coming in here once a year for a couple of weeks to work on the player's shooting skills.
              Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111
                As far as I understand, Chip did come back to the country a couple of months ago, as a Consultant for SMB (?).

I think having him as a Consultant is good enough, coming in here once a year for a couple of weeks to work on the player's shooting skills.
                That was just a one-game shoot around not as consultant for SMB... the main purpose of that visit was to meet Danding Cojuangco and his NCC teammates...

sigpic

Comment

yeah, imagine big men like Eman being tutored by him.....devastating!!

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111

I think it's a good idea for him to come to the Philippines and conduct clinics during the NBA off seasons as SMC being the main sponsor to help out preferably the RP youth team. It's easier to teach younger kids than older guys. Like the old adage: "Can't teach old dogs new tricks."

Comment

good idea...fat chance and a lot of money needed to move Chip and Eric Spoelstra here, they're earning good bucks in the NBA, but hey, Eric did show some interest if we were to believe what Mr. Henson wrote in one of his articles
                      Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
                        good idea...fat chance and a lot of money needed to move Chip and Eric Spoelstra here, they're earning good bucks in the NBA, but hey, Eric did show some interest if we were to believe what Mr. Henson wrote in one of his articles
                        Having Chip in the Philippines during the NBA offseason would be great, it wouldn't cost much on a short term basis. Besides, he calls the Philippines his second home.

Comment

Originally posted by melmanalo
                          yeah, imagine big men like Eman being tutored by him.....devastating!!

He would be awesome once he develop a good touch from the outside, like Toronto Raptors forward Andrea Bargnani.

Comment

if Chip cannot come here, then maybe promising players can be sent to him instead to make it easier, especially now that the SBP will have the millions it needs.
                            he can identify or choose potentials together with the national coaching staff through videos of the players and they could be sent to him for further training...
                            but maybe SBP is already thinking about this.
                            Last edited by melmanalo; 12-01-2007, 03:11 AM.

Comment

he can teach you to shoot while sitting on a wheel chair....what more if you're standing up...
                              SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information