This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 PBA Draft Prospects

This early, I just want to try to anticipate which players might apply for the 2008 PBA Draft:

Almost 100% Sure Who Will Apply For The 2008 PBA Draft

* Jason Castro (5'10" Guard) - Long overdue to apply for the draft
    * Gabe Norwood (6'4" Guard) - Missed this year's draft, will likely apply next year
    * Marc Borboran (6'3" Forward) - No longer eligible next year in the UAAP, will likely apply for the draft
    * Marcy Arellano (5'10" Guard) - No longer eligible next year in the UAAP, will likely apply for the draft
    * Rino Berame (6'7" Center) - No longer eligible next year in the CESAFI, will likely apply for the draft
    * Michael Luga (6'3" Forward) - No longer eligible next year in the CESAFI, will likely apply for the draft
    * Jeff Chan (6'2" Forward) - Pulled out of this year's draft, will likely apply for the draft
    * Solomon Mercado (5'10" Guard) - Making waves in the PBL, likely to join the draft
    * Kevin Dela Pena (6'2" Guard) - Maxed out age eligibility in the NCAA, may apply for the draft
    * Larry Rodriguez (6'4" Forward) - Long overdue for the draft
    * Tyrone Tang (5'9" Guard) - Graduating this school year, may apply for the draft
    * Pocholo Villanueva (6'0" Guard) - Graduating this school year, may apply for the draft
    * Jonathan Fernandez (6'3" Forward) - Graduating this school year, may apply for the draft
    * Bonbon Custodio (5'9" Guard) - Out of college for 2 seasons by next year's draft, will likely apply for the draft

Maybe Will Apply For The 2008 PBA Draft

* Jervy Cruz (6'4" Center) - Maybe will apply for the PBA Draft
    * Ford Arao (6'5" Center) - Graduating this year, maybe will apply for the draft, or try to play well in the PBL first
    * Pong Escobal (6'0" Guard) - Graduating next year, may apply for the draft, or try to play well in the PBL first
    * Jonathan Jahnke - Graduating this school year, may apply for the draft, or try to play well in the PBL first
    * Sean Co - Graduating this school year, may apply for the draft, or try to play well in the PBL first
    * Edwin Asoro - Graduating this school year, may apply for the draft, or try to play well in the PBL first
    Last edited by rhk111; 11-28-2007, 01:59 AM.
    Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

is pong escobal graduating next year? i thought he is just 2nd yr.. menor is 1 year older...
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

im pretty sure these players are considering to apply in the PBA draft next season

Larry Rodriguez
      Tyrone Tang
      Pocholo Villanueva
      Kelvin dela Pena
      Solomon Mercado
      Sean Co
      Jonathan Fernandez
      Jonathan Jahnke

more to add
      you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111
        This early, I just want to try to anticipate which players might apply for the 2008 PBA Draft:

Almost 100% Sure Who Will Apply For The 2008 PBA Draft

* Jason Castro (5'10" Guard) - Long overdue to apply for the PBA Draft
        * Gabe Norwood (6'4" Guard) - Missed this year's draft, will likely apply next year
        * Marc Borboran (6'3" Forward) - No longer eligible for next year in the UAAP, will likely apply for the PBA draft
        * Marcy Arellano (5'10" Guard) - No longer eligible for next year in the UAAP, will likely apply for the PBA draft
        * Rino Berame (6'7" Center) - No longer eligible for next year in the CESAFI, will likely apply for the PBA draft
        * Michael Luga (6'3" Forward) - No longer eligible for next year in the CESAFI, will likely apply for the PBA draft
        * Jeff Chan (6'2" Forward) - Pulled out of this year's draft, will likely apply for next year's draft

Maybe Will Apply For The 2008 PBA Draft

* Jervy Cruz (6'4" Center) - Maybe will apply for the PBA Draft
        * Ford Arao (6'5" Center) - Graduating this year, maybe will apply for the PBA, or stay around 1 more year in the PBL
        * Pong Escobal (6'0" Guard) - Graduating next year, may apply for the PBA, or stay around 1 more year in the PBL
        rino berame is going to play for toyota next pbl conference. if he has a good showing, most likely he will be in the draft. but we know how manila teams treated players from the south. hoping that berami will not languish in the bench the same thing that happened to jayford rodriguez, mark ababon among others.
        "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
          rino berame is going to play for toyota next pbl conference. if he has a good showing, most likely he will be in the draft. but we know how manila teams treated players from the south. hoping that berami will not languish in the bench the same thing that happened to jayford rodriguez, mark ababon among others.
          If Berame is benched...maybe the coach is insane..hes to good to be benched..I think he had 21 pts and 17 reb against STI last Monday,

Comment

Originally posted by watiwawa
            is pong escobal graduating next year? i thought he is just 2nd yr.. menor is 1 year older...
            Pong actually played for about 1-2 years in college at a school in Davao with the name "Sacred Heart" or something. So he's actually in 3rd or 4th year in college right now.

Ogie is younger than Pong, but is a hardship case, so he will likely try to enter the PBA as early as possible. Maybe next year.
            Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Pong actually played for about 1-2 years in college at a school in Davao with the name "Sacred Heart" or something. So he's actually in 3rd or 4th year in college right now.

Ogie is younger than Pong, but is a hardship case, so he will likely try to enter the PBA as early as possible. Maybe next year.
              I just hope the NCAA Board doesn't pull an Aljamal on Ogie. This guy's got a legitimate shot at it next year.
              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Pong actually played for about 1-2 years in college at a school in Davao with the name "Sacred Heart" or something.
                THE school is Holy Cross College of Davao City. They are known as the Crusaders.
                Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                Servinio's Blog of Sports
                Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Among the possible applicants, looks like norwood is a lock for the number 1 pick next year...

where would he possibly go? sta. lucia?

If i'm sta lucia or coke, i'll be tanking my games hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by markarreza
                    Among the possible applicants, looks like norwood is a lock for the number 1 pick next year...

If i'm sta lucia or coke, i'll be tanking my games hehehe.
                    part of the stipulations on the Asi - Peek trade is coke's draft pick. So if coke get's the no.1, only TNT will benefit from it
                    <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

Originally posted by markarreza

wow, that's somethin to look forward to.. the Norwood-Williams tandem will be revive the exciting Parker-Johnson tandem era of SLR.
                      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                        wow, that's somethin to look forward to.. the Norwood-Williams tandem will be revive the exciting Parker-Johnson tandem era of SLR.

Gabe and Kelly...two of my most favorite players in PBA! :-) How I wish i could see them in one team.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                          Sta. Lucia has a tendency to tank, especially since they have those dinosaurs playing for them (Marlou and Dennis). They would be definitely explosive if they get norwood.

they can have yeo, williams, and gabe as the perimeter threats. Mag abang nalang sa ilalim mga iba hahaha.

The Williams-Norwood tandem can be as entertaining as Alvarado-Menk / Parker-Johnson

Not that I dislike SMB but these guys usually pull out a "magical trade" that they also have a chance to get norwood. Sayang naman nga lang siya dun kase super-deep ang mga line up ng SMB-Magnolia,

Comment

Pong would be a great pick for a team in need of a pointguard.. He is a very smart player.. Actually his play reminds me of Olsen...

Comment

Originally posted by gambitx
                              Pong would be a great pick for a team in need of a pointguard.. He is a very smart player.. Actually his play reminds me of Olsen...
                              Agree with this. Parang Escobal nga is actually better at this stage in his career than Racela was when he came out of Ateneo. Olsen was more of a set-up guy when he came into Purefoods. To his credit, he developed his jumpshot and leadership superbly.

Similar to Olsen, Escobal is fearless. Pong has that clutch game already going. Hope he can achieve the same success in the PBA. Malamang TNT has interest of getting him due to the MVP connection. I dont know who backs up Alapag, but Escobal can be a good pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information