WPBA Should there be one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPBA Should there be one ?

Should the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) and the Philippine Basketball League (PBL) supports the creation or help organize a women's professional and amateur league ?

And through its member teams form an elite and competitive women's counterpart ?

This concept far and wide could be a great face-lift for the sorry state of women's basketball, just a candid approach of a sudden interest on lady fil-ams, with such beauty and grace.... and of course with their foreign honed basketball skills they would be a joy to watch and hear plenty of sighs from the gentlemen out there What do you think, agree or disagree...?

Our women cannot rule in South East Asia then let forming our womens professional league. So we had the WPBL league for Filipina girls but they already discontinued because the reason had many watched celebrity men and courting the filipina players, and became dating with from the rich sponsors in a club. That happened Jinggoy Estrada along with his bodyguards who courting former UST girls highschool player Te is a surname, yeah he's alot of more money and his bodyguards guarding her and then became their dating and they became s*# at his room. There so hard to solution our women basketball players are modest.

Comment

well i agree but i believe it should be more like the Shakey's V league because most of the talents are in schools... kinda semi pro league of some sort.

but if kaddie's playing in that league you proposed ill be watching every game of hers
      you know why I am happy

Comment

hmmm. guys will be watching the girls for a different reason. kabilugan(hormones) hehehe
        =========================================
        Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by joel23
          Our women cannot rule in South East Asia then let forming our womens professional league. So we had the WPBL league for Filipina girls but they already discontinued because the reason had many watched celebrity men and courting the filipina players, and became dating with from the rich sponsors in a club. That happened Jinggoy Estrada along with his bodyguards who courting former UST girls highschool player Te is a surname, yeah he's alot of more money and his bodyguards guarding her and then became their dating and they became s*# at his room. There so hard to solution our women basketball players are modest.
          i dont understand...

Comment

I see your point, our women are not at par with the level of play in SEA your proposition for WPBL is much more feasible. The creation of WPBL would serve as continuity for our cagebelles in UAAP/NCAA once their playing days in college ball will be over. The lack of women's basketball league is the main reason why we don't have a competitive women's team. The lack of activity where no tournament to play with. Should there be one, at least in the long run we might be able to form a competitive squad, fil-ams or no fil-ams.

About the good senator Jingoy Estrada, I never knew you have some inclinations in showbiz and politics. "paki ekspika" (please explain)....

Comment

Originally posted by pachador
              hmmm. guys will be watching the girls for a different reason. kabilugan(hormones) hehehe
              Should there be one, the WPBL should be held simultaneous with their men's counterpart just for obvious reasons they need a crowd to watch and to conceal the guys, "beautiful minds" (desires) ...

Comment

Aaah.... didn't catch your drift first time, so it was discontinued, well they need to reactivate it again for the sake of women's basketball. I really need to dissect every word you typed, so used to figuring out what you meant, sorry....my fault.
                Last edited by dreamwalker; 10-03-2007, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwalker
                  Aaah.... didn't catch your drift first time, so it was discontinued, well they need to reactivate it again for the sake of women's basketball. I really need to dissect every word you type, so used to figuring out what you meant, sorry....my fault.
                  watching Ateneo vs UP over the weekend, i say the Filipinas have somehow improved a lot as compared to the cagebelles in the 90's in terms of athleticism. and has gotten taller as well (Tioseco, Barracoso, Ballentine, Wilson, etc.).

Comment

I think Philippines ( Filipina's ) are not yet ready to have a "pay for play" league in terms of adequate talents and crowd drawing. but with some talented UAAP, Fil-Am cagebells, there is a future in Womens Basketball in RP. i hope in the future they form a semi-pro league for our lovely pinay ballers.. but not now..
                    instead they should form some semi-pro leagues in other sports like Volleyball and Football which is proven before that there are some ( in fact massive number ) silent afficianados just waiting for some events from the said discipline..
                    Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

About the good senator Jingoy Estrada, I never knew you have some inclinations in showbiz and politics. "paki ekspika" (please explain)....
                      Jinggoy loves basketball but he didn't know about all sports... It means former UST H.S. player surname Te was dating along with him. And he would have made to marrying her at the room. "nakipag-sponsor si Te kay Jinggoy pero inasawa ni Jinggoy sa loob ng kwarto" gets?

Aaah.... didn't catch your drift first time, so it was discontinued, well they need to reactivate it again for the sake of women's basketball. I really need to dissect every word you type, so used to figuring out what you meant, sorry....my fault.
                      the reason of WPBL had disbanded because it happened from many-many entertainers, sponsors to have s#* her. "nagkaroon kasi ng jowa kaya tinanggal na ang WPBL"so binugaw ang mga players[/b]

Comment

Jinggoy loves basketball but he didn't know about all sports... It means former UST H.S. player surname Te was dating along with him. And he would have made to marrying her at the room. "nakipag-sponsor si Te kay Jinggoy pero inasawa ni Jinggoy sa loob ng kwarto" gets?

the reason of WPBL had disbanded because it happened from many-many entertainers, sponsors to have s#* her. "nagkaroon kasi ng jowa kaya tinanggal na ang WPBL"so binugaw ang mga players[/b]
                        Pare is this true?? any proof or hard facts?? not all WPBL players are " kabugaw bugaw " or " kahali halina " just good for the taste of the Estrada's.. if you know what i mean..

Comment

the Filipina players are "T-birds" right? LOL how come celebrities were interested in dating them. I've seen the RP Women's basketball team, none of them was gorgeous or feminine enough to date. just an observation.
                          It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                          I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                            the Filipina players are "T-birds" right? LOL how come celebrities were interested in dating them. I've seen the RP Women's basketball team, none of them was gorgeous or feminine enough to date. just an observation.
                            Yeah, most of them having beautiful girlfriends, maybe prettier than your girlfriend..

Comment

Originally posted by thugpinoy
                              Pare is this true?? any proof or hard facts?? not all WPBL players are " kabugaw bugaw " or " kahali halina " just good for the taste of the Estrada's.. if you know what i mean..
                              Yeah its true.. My cousin had played RP juniors womens NT in the 90's along with Manalo twins sisters. But she's already job in Japan. Yeah WPBL players not all "kabugaw-bugaw" it means many women cagers were happened "jowahan" relationships.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information