This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine bid for the 2014 FIBA World Championship

As far as I know, the bidding for 2014 FIBA World Championship will begin in 2009.

Philippines, under the magnate of MVP, can try to bid and win the said bidding

that will be an automatic slot for the World Championship

anyways, BAP-SBP should first win the bidding for the 2009 Asian Championship/2010 World Championship Qualifier

FIBA World Championship Bid for Team Pilipinas

Team USA just won the FIBA World Championship after 16 years of disappointment, having hit rock bottom in 2002 placing 6th with NBA stars playing.

Let's start reminiscing about the glorious past of Philippines basketball history at the FIBA World Championship and get the ball bouncing so to speak to make loud noise for Team Pilipinas to again qualify for the Championship better yet to bid to host FIBA World Championship.

Our glorious past that still stands today! No other Asian nation made it to top 3 in the FIBA World Championship. I hope somebody will post picture of the trophy or the medals. Something concrete that we as BB fans to connect with and be proud of.

If you dig deep into the FIBA history you'll find out that Turkey et. al. weren't as good as they were before but they consistently play at the world stage. My excitement now starts to build up for 2014 FIBA World Championships in Spain. With drums, flags and all...I can imagine rows and rows of Pinoy BB fans filling the stands and standing proud cheering for Team Pilipinas!

First on the agenda, much as we root for Smart-Gilas now for their success at Asian Games in 2010 and FIBA - Asia next year, but I am more giddy for the Team Pilipinas U-17 Team going to Yemen, they on my humble opinion will be the core and the key to our participation in the FIBA World Championships to come.

Comment

Dream

and that dream starts right now!
      thousand failures translates to success.

Comment

‎"Just got the news: Fiba selected me to be part of the FIBA Legal Commission. Big honor for me and the Phils/SBP. First asian. Tnx PB; FIBA Legal Commission advises the powerful FIBA Central Board on legal matters esp interpretation of the Gen Statutes & Internal Regs." - Noli Eala
        welcome back! lost kings of Asian basketball!

Comment

@webuyube: "Just got the news: Fiba selected me to be part of the FIBA Legal Commission. Big honor for me and the Phils/SBP. First asian. Tnx PB; FIBA Legal Commission advises the powerful FIBA Central Board on legal matters esp interpretation of the Gen Statutes & Internal Regs." - Noli Eala
          That's good to hear indeed.
          sigpic
          PILIPINASBASKETBALL | THE11thROCK | TERABLITZ
          | PINOYSEARCH | PHILIPPINEBASKETBALLNEWSTEAM
          Support Team Pilipinas! Contribute your ideas and opinions to the Philippine Basketball scene. Currently looking for Volunteer Writers, Contributors, News Posters, Moderators and Filipino hoops fanatics.

Comment

Originally posted by webuyube View Post
            ‎"Just got the news: Fiba selected me to be part of the FIBA Legal Commission. Big honor for me and the Phils/SBP. First asian. Tnx PB; FIBA Legal Commission advises the powerful FIBA Central Board on legal matters esp interpretation of the Gen Statutes & Internal Regs." - Noli Eala

Way to go Sir Noli!
            Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by webuyube View Post
              congrat's sir noli,goodluck to you.
              http://www.sportspilipinas.info/
              sports sa pilipinas,sports in philippines,pba,nba,boxing,manny pacquioa,smartgilas,ufc,online news,nonito donaire,free online,pba trade rumors,nba rumors, streaming free

Comment

Eala, Canlas named to FIBA commissions
                SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin Henson (The Philippine Star)
                Updated September 14, 2010 12:00 AM

SBP executive director Noli Eala and orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Jose Raul (George) Canlas of St. Luke’s Hospital have been appointed to two prestigious FIBA commissions, it was announced by FIBA administrator and sport development director Zoran Radovic the other day.

Eala and Abdulla Al-Ansari of the United Arab Emirates were the only Asians named to the Legal Commission whose other members are president Pierre Collomb of France, vice president Ken Madsen of Australia, Carlos Beltran of Puerto Rico, Cyriel Coomans of Belgium, Wolfgang Hilgert of Germany, Antonio Mizzi of Malta, Badara Ndiagne of Senegal, Eleonora Rangelova of Bulgaria and Usie Richards of the Virgin Islands.

Canlas was the only Asian designated to the Medical Commission headed by president Heinz Gunther of Austria and vice president Souhail Sayegh of Switzerland. The other members are Alphonse Bile of the Ivory Coast, Luis Castillo of Uruguay, Cesar de Oliveira of Brazil, Aboubacar Gueye of Guinea, Peter Harcourt of Australia, Jacques Huguet of France, Andrew Pipe of Canada, Dragan Radovanovic of Serbia and Rosario Urena of Spain.
                FIBA released the assignments of 109 officials, including 14 from Asia, to its 10 commissions after the recent three-day World Congress in Istanbul.

France’s Yvan Mainini was elected FIBA president with a four year term, succeeding Australia’s Bob Elphinston. FIBA secretary-general Patrick Baumann of Switzerland was given a fresh mandate to serve up to 2022, an unprecedented 12-year contract in recognition of his outstanding work.
                The 10 FIBA commissions are competitions, technical, women, appeals panel, arbitral tribunal, medical, membership, finance, legal and youth.

The Philippines, China and Singapore were the only Asian countries with two representatives in the FIBA commissions. Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kazakhstan, Japan, Korea, India and Hong Kong had one member each. FIBA-Asia secretary-general Dato Yeoh Choo Hock of Malaysia and Seah Ling of Singapore were named to the Technical Commission. Former FIBA president Carl Ching Men Ky’s daughter Mabel of Hong Kong was appointed to the Membership Commission.

Eala, who attended the World Congress, said it was an honor to be named to the Legal Commission particularly as the Philippines was involved in a bitter internal leadership dispute that led to a suspension by FIBA in 2005-07. Baumann and Madsen, both lawyers, became acquainted with Eala during talks that ended with the lifting of the suspension.

“The appointments were made by the FIBA Central Board through Mr. Baumann,” said Eala. “During the Congress, several issues were discussed. Those relevant to Asia included the prohibition of a zonal secretary-general to be an official of a sub-zone or national federation, the limit of 70 years old for a zonal secretary-general effective in 2014, the proposal to increase the number of countries in Olympic basketball from 12 to 16 by 2016 and the possible inclusion of men’s and women’s three-on-three as additional events by the 2020 Olympics.”

Eala said he was approached by several FIBA officials about the progress of Smart-Gilas and the return of the Philippines as a contender in Asia.

“Apparently, the Smart-Gilas program is the only dedicated national team program in the world,” continued Eala. “There was initial scepticism that it couldn’t work because PBA players wouldn’t form the nucleus. But with our recent showing in the FIBA-Asia Stankovic Cup, a lot of officials asked about how we’ve been able to stay competitive. Officials from Brazil, Serbia and Tunisia were among those who spoke with us.”

Aside from participating on the floor as a delegate during the World Congress, Eala also served on the resource panel at a discussion on the three-on-three format. “Reviewing our experience at the Youth Olympics in Singapore, I really think we could’ve gone all the way to the semifinals if only we played South Africa, not the Virgin Islands, in our first game but that’s the luck of the draw,” he said. “The three-on-three rules are fit for quick teams like us. The 10-second shot clock and the requirement of two touches make it a little difficult for big teams to set up at the post. If you deny the entry pass, there won’t be too much time left to bring the ball inside.”

Eala said other issues he was involved in discussing were the possible alliance of Asia and the Pacific, as in the Davis Cup, and the likely rebidding of the hosting rights for the 2011 FIBA-Asia Championships which may be moved out of Lebanon. Eala told FIBA-Asia officials that Manila will put up a serious bid to stage the 2012 London Olympics qualifier.

Canlas was appointed to his second consecutive four-year term with the Medical Commission. He would’ve worked at the just-concluded World Championships in Turkey but opted to be assigned to the Youth Olympics in Singapore as supervisory doctor.

Canlas has been affiliated with FIBA since 1998. His resume lists participation in three World Championships, two as FIBA supervisory doctor. He has also worked in two Olympics, once as supervisory doctor, and several FIBA continental championships.

“I’ve encountered all the big names in basketball, world-wide and even treated some of them,” said Canlas who took care of Spain’s Pau Gasol at the 2006 World Championships in Saitama. “Most satisfying is seeing my work and recommendations being applied in how FIBA basketball is played from how the court is made to the rules.”

Comment

SO we can host the 2011 Qualifier!!!

it won't be LEbanon! Bring it on!!!!

1978 - 2018 = fibA Wc

Comment

Originally posted by elisher View Post
                    Eala, Canlas named to FIBA commissions
                    SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin Henson (The Philippine Star)
                    Updated September 14, 2010 12:00 AM

SBP executive director Noli Eala and orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Jose Raul (George) Canlas of St. Luke’s Hospital have been appointed to two prestigious FIBA commissions, it was announced by FIBA administrator and sport development director Zoran Radovic the other day.

“I’ve encountered all the big names in basketball, world-wide and even treated some of them,” said Canlas who took care of Spain’s Pau Gasol at the 2006 World Championships in Saitama. “Most satisfying is seeing my work and recommendations being applied in how FIBA basketball is played from how the court is made to the rules.”
                    these little steps will eventually help us regain our footing in and out of the FIBA court, slowly regain respect that eventually pave way for more opportunities that we can take advantage of.

Now, on with our bid to host the FIBA Asian qualifier.

Comment

Everything are falling into place. We're in good hands now, our voices will be heard by FIBA officials.
                      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

http://www.nba.com/global/fiba_2014_release.html

Spain elected host of the 2014 FIBA World Championship
                        Posted May 26 2009 6:38PM

GENEVA, Switzerland/22nd May 2009 – The FIBA Central Board, the highest executive body of the International Basketball Federation, has entrusted the organisation of the 2014 FIBA World Championship to the Spanish Basketball Federation (FEB).

China was eliminated in the first round and in the second round Spain won with 11 votes, while Italy received eight.

A few minutes after two internationally renowned all-time basketball stars; Sasha Djordjevic and Arvydas Sabonis, opened the sealed envelope carrying the result of the FIBA Central Board voting and announcing the name of the winning candidature, Spain, Mr. José Luis Sáez, President of FEB, declared:

“Italy and China put forward fantastic projects that were viable in two amazing countries. Of course, there could only be one winner. It was us this time, but any of the countries could have done a fantastic job in hosting the 2014 FIBA World Championship.

We look forward to working with FIBA over the next five years in our quest to make the 2014 edition of the FIBA World Championship the best one ever.”

FIBA Secretary General and IOC member Patrick Baumann congratulated all three candidatures for their extraordinary efforts over the past 16 months, stating: “It has been a long process. We have had three amazing candidates coming from three wonderful countries where there is a strong basketball tradition. They have presented great proposals and ideas on how to make the FIBA World Championship one of the top sporting events in the world. Today basketball has taken another step forward on its journey to become one of the biggest global sports in the world.

My thoughts are with China and Italy which have worked so hard, with full support from their governments. I am sure that they will have another chance in the future. And, on behalf of the FIBA Central Board, our most sincere congratulations to Spain, a candidature which has brought a lot of innovative ideas and has a fantastic team, being our current World Champions and the Olympic silver medallist.”

FIBA President Bob Elphinston said: “This whole process and the incredibly media exposure of not only today but of the past months has lifted basketball to new heights. We are extremely pleased with the investments made for basketball by the three candidates and we wish to sincerely congratulate Spain for their success.”
                        LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                        Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post

http://www.nba.com/global/fiba_2014_release.html

Spain elected host of the 2014 FIBA World Championship
                          Posted May 26 2009 6:38PM

GENEVA, Switzerland/22nd May 2009 – The FIBA Central Board, the highest executive body of the International Basketball Federation, has entrusted the organisation of the 2014 FIBA World Championship to the Spanish Basketball Federation (FEB).

China was eliminated in the first round and in the second round Spain won with 11 votes, while Italy received eight.

A few minutes after two internationally renowned all-time basketball stars; Sasha Djordjevic and Arvydas Sabonis, opened the sealed envelope carrying the result of the FIBA Central Board voting and announcing the name of the winning candidature, Spain, Mr. José Luis Sáez, President of FEB, declared:

“Italy and China put forward fantastic projects that were viable in two amazing countries. Of course, there could only be one winner. It was us this time, but any of the countries could have done a fantastic job in hosting the 2014 FIBA World Championship.

We look forward to working with FIBA over the next five years in our quest to make the 2014 edition of the FIBA World Championship the best one ever.”

FIBA Secretary General and IOC member Patrick Baumann congratulated all three candidatures for their extraordinary efforts over the past 16 months, stating: “It has been a long process. We have had three amazing candidates coming from three wonderful countries where there is a strong basketball tradition. They have presented great proposals and ideas on how to make the FIBA World Championship one of the top sporting events in the world. Today basketball has taken another step forward on its journey to become one of the biggest global sports in the world.

My thoughts are with China and Italy which have worked so hard, with full support from their governments. I am sure that they will have another chance in the future. And, on behalf of the FIBA Central Board, our most sincere congratulations to Spain, a candidature which has brought a lot of innovative ideas and has a fantastic team, being our current World Champions and the Olympic silver medallist.”

FIBA President Bob Elphinston said: “This whole process and the incredibly media exposure of not only today but of the past months has lifted basketball to new heights. We are extremely pleased with the investments made for basketball by the three candidates and we wish to sincerely congratulate Spain for their success.”
                          Oh the host selection was held last year . Lets change the title of this thread, pls change it to Philippine bid for 2018 FIBA world basketball championship
                          “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
                          - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

Originally posted by AlYuson View Post
                            Oh the host selection was held last year . Lets change the title of this thread, pls change it to Philippine bid for 2018 FIBA world basketball championship
                            as the thread starter said, the bidding begins 2009...and he posted it 3 years ago

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information