Is it true ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true ??

I heard that someone in Philippine stopped the basketball in Manila city.
    I don't have any idea about it,but i'm little confused about this news.
    Si if anyone can tell us the real story and if this decision will be negative on the basketball in Rp.
    Thanks in advance.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

thats probably old news when BAP was suspended by FIBA. if this is a new news then maybe someone from the old BAP filed a law suit or court case against the new SBP or if its only in manila then its some crazy fool because there is still basketball in the philippines more than 70 provinces.

Originally posted by daniab
    Si if anyone can tell us the real story and if this decision will be negative on the basketball in Rp.
    Thanks in advance.
    =========================================
    Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by pachador
      thats probably old news when BAP was suspended by FIBA. if this is a new news then maybe someone from the old BAP filed a law suit or court case against the new SBP or if its only in manila then its some crazy fool because there is still basketball in the philippines more than 70 provinces.

I read it today in many forums.
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

I've not heard of that yet.
        But few days ago games were suspended in Manila because of typhoon

Comment

i think what he is talking about is Mayor Lim remove all basketball street court at manila..

Comment

Yes, daniab, it is true: the mayor of Manila has ordered the dismantling of all streetball courts and has encouraged residents to use their neighborhood courts instead. However, this will simply not work out because neighborhood courts are too few for a city with a population of more than a million.
            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
              Thanks in advance.
              don't worry. manila is only a small part of the philippines, with only about 2 million in population. most games in the NCAA, the UAAP and the PBA are held in other neighboring cities of manila like quezon city so there is no real problem. also, most of the best basketball players don't come only from manila but in all the provinces in this country. so, don't worry bro.

Comment

hahaha ok i got it. what happens Daniab is that filipinos are so crazy about bball that there is a home-made court on almost every street in manila and all over the philippines causing traffic. anything with a hole we use for practice like garbage can, its true !
                =========================================
                Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Manila City Mayor Fred Lim ordered all makeshift basketball courts to be dismantled.

These basketball stands and rims are literally "StreetBall Courts" because its built right on the streets. People play halfcourt basketball on them. When kids are playing ball, they stop for a "timeout" everytime a car or a truck drives through their street, and after the vehicle passes by, the game starts again.

It causes congestion and its not very safe for the kids and the drivers.

Comment

There are only 3 things common in every town or city in Philippines: (1) church; (2) a small retail store (sari-sari); and (3) basketball court.

In the Philippines, basketball is not limited in the basketball court....even without the rectangular court, people install basketball rings in every street corner, on the tree, on a post, on the wall, etc..just enough for everyone to shoot balls. What was in the news was the banning of these makeshift rings in the streets of Manila where vehicles usually pass. Manila is a congested city with traffic everywhere so the city government merely just introduced a temporary solution for the traffic mess. Anywhere else, it's ok.
                    SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by pinoy pac fan
                      Manila City Mayor Fred Lim ordered all makeshift basketball courts to be dismantled.

These basketball stands and rims are literally "StreetBall Courts" because its built right on the streets. People play halfcourt basketball on them. When kids are playing ball, they stop for a "timeout" everytime a car or a truck drives through their street, and after the vehicle passes by, the game starts again.

It causes congestion and its not very safe for the kids and the drivers.
                      dirty harry is doing a good job in "cleaning" manila! little vietnam, baywalk bars, criminals ("salvages" )... and now the "streetball" courts!

hopefully, he would start "building" soon... pba court replacing manila zoo well, he already said NO!!!

%^)

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information