Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunei Cup 2007 [Aug. 25-Sept. 2,2007]

Brunei Cup 2007

The Brunei Cup 2007 is scheduled on Aug. 25 - Sept. 2, 2007. However, defending champions PBA All-Stars won't be defending their crown. Runner-up Darwin Airport Resort All-Stars will make a return to Brunei Darussalam and they will be hot favourites along with newcomers RP Harbour Centre National Team of Philippines and Sta. Lucia Realtors. LG Sakers will be representing South Korea while Singapore Slingers will also make their presence in the Brunei Cup 2007.

Participating Teams:

Darwin Airport Resort All-Stars - former runner-up
    Singapore Slingers - the team that plays in Australia?
    Jordan All-Stars - Jordan NT team B
    Sta. Lucia Realtors - bannered by the same old PBA team together with Paolo Mendoza, Marlou Aquino, Dennis Espino, Kelly and the rest of the Gang
    RP Harbour Centre National Team - bannered by Jason Castro and Gabe Norwood
    LG Sakers - a South Korean team
    Last edited by saints13; 08-07-2007, 09:04 AM.
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

the players

Harbour Center RP NT

Sta. Lucia Realtors

Jordan All-Stars (Jordan NT - Team B)

Darwin All-Stars

LG Sakers

Singapore Slingers - not available on the website
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Jordan All-Stars have at least two (2) National Players who played in Tokushima: 6-3 Fadel Anajjar and 6-9 Ayman Idais.
      SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
        Harbour Center RP NT

Sta. Lucia Realtors

That's because the Slingers don't even have a final lineup yet. They're having a hard time finding Aussie and Kiwi players willing to play far from home in a stadium that's never full.
        First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Comment

expect either kelly williams or gabe norwood as MVP...
          NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Originally posted by JET007
            expect either kelly williams or gabe norwood as MVP...
            we just dont know

Comment

Darwin allstars and jordan allstars will play in the finals i think although i want a philippine duel sta lucia and harbour center at this point of stage indonesia has the upperhand if the sea games basketball competition play right now we'll see btw someone in other thread that slaughter is in the line up for harbour center
              PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

hopefully, ABC-5 will televise these games..nonetheless, I'm aching for basketball entertainment.. I wanna see Williams-Norwood match-up

Comment

nice thread saints

Comment

I wanna see how harbour or SLR fare against the Jordan team. Im not expecting them to win, but who knows.
                    Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

Harbour Center RP NT

Sta. Lucia Realtors

Jordan All-Stars (Jordan NT - Team B)

Darwin All-Stars

LG Sakers

I know for sure the harbour-centre will win this cup..it will be tough to beat them..even though they have many opponents of tall players its because we have an nba point guard..harbour centre has one of the best point guard in nba..JASON WILLIAM duh they just forgot the letter 's' wekekek! im not kidding just look at the pictures

Comment

^^Hahahahaha. I saw that also.
                        Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

from Interbasket/Philippines

Gabriel Norwood (196-G/F-85) will play under the SEAG-bound RP Harbour Centre National Team in the 7th Brunei Cup Basketball Championship this coming August 25 in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.

Norwood's name was listed in the tournament's official website along with other former pro and amateur players like Ato Morano, Chico Lanete, Jeffrey Chan, Dennis Daa, Eric Dela Cuesta, Joshua Urbiztondo, Chad Alonzo, Jason Castro, Beau Belga, Erick Rodriguez, Christian Coronel, Jerwin Gaco, Allan Salansang and Robert Sanz that will play in the prestigious annual basketball tournament which offers a grand total prize of B$35,000, biggest in the region so far.

Norwood, who will likely to play in Philippine Basketball League, is still consulting with its agent and weighing up options whether to apply for PBA next year or to play in US or Europe after carrying the national colors in the coming South East Asian Games in Thailand.

Brunei Cup this year will be considered as the most competitive in its tournament history after the confirmation of Australia's National Basketball League expansion squad Singapore Slingers to join the tournament. Other teams that will also give hard time for the RP Harbour Centre NT bid are last years runner-up Darwin Airport Resort All-Stars, Jordan All-Stars which will be reinforced by a number of Jordan national team members that competed recently in the W.Jones Cup and the Asian Championship in Japan, PBA's Sta Lucia Realty, and Korean Basketball League's LG Sakers which will be bannered by its two American imports.

_ _ _ _ _

So Gabe Norwood wants to develop his skills outside RP, then go on.

Comment

from Interbasket/Philippines

Gabriel Norwood (196-G/F-85) will play under the SEAG-bound RP Harbour Centre National Team in the 7th Brunei Cup Basketball Championship this coming August 25 in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.

Norwood's name was listed in the tournament's official website along with other former pro and amateur players like Ato Morano, Chico Lanete, Jeffrey Chan, Dennis Daa, Eric Dela Cuesta, Joshua Urbiztondo, Chad Alonzo, Jason Castro, Beau Belga, Erick Rodriguez, Christian Coronel, Jerwin Gaco, Allan Salansang and Robert Sanz that will play in the prestigious annual basketball tournament which offers a grand total prize of B$35,000, biggest in the region so far.

Norwood, who will likely to play in Philippine Basketball League, is still consulting with its agent and weighing up options whether to apply for PBA next year or to play in US or Europe after carrying the national colors in the coming South East Asian Games in Thailand.

Brunei Cup this year will be considered as the most competitive in its tournament history after the confirmation of Australia's National Basketball League expansion squad Singapore Slingers to join the tournament. Other teams that will also give hard time for the RP Harbour Centre NT bid are last years runner-up Darwin Airport Resort All-Stars, Jordan All-Stars which will be reinforced by a number of Jordan national team members that competed recently in the W.Jones Cup and the Asian Championship in Japan, PBA's Sta Lucia Realty, and Korean Basketball League's LG Sakers which will be bannered by its two American imports.

_ _ _ _ _

So Gabe Norwood wants to develop his skills outside RP, then go on.
                            he should play in us or europe...
                            NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Originally posted by JET007
                              he should play in us or europe...
                              I thought his entry to the PBL and later on to the PBA was final, well' I'm glad he has a handler who's thinking not only for the money..

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information