Manila to host 2009 FIBA-Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manila to host 2009 FIBA-Asia?

What do you think guys? This is the qualifying tournament for the 2010 World Championships in Turkey. I thought we had a great chance in hosting this year's FIBA-Asia no thanks to the suspension. Smart, San Miguel and Nike Phils. will join hand in hand again to support and provide the finances for this so I think there will be no problem financially. We will also get to see Yao, Sun, Yi and the rest of China A because for sure, they will field them on this tournament to qualify for the WBC, and we get to choose our own bracket.
    ROCK ON PHILIPPINES!

I think that would be great but are we eligible to host it? I just hope we make a much bigger stadium than Araneta Coliseum with a higher ceiling.
    http://www.philippinebasketball.net

Comment

I do hope that the PBA Coliseum would be finished by then.
      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by jazperson
        I think that would be great but are we eligible to host it? I just hope we make a much bigger stadium than Araneta Coliseum with a higher ceiling.
        I believe Araneta Coliseum is more than enough to host such event
        It's considered one of the biggest indoor venue in Asia.
        It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
        I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
          I believe Araneta Coliseum is more than enough to host such event
          It's considered one of the biggest indoor venue in Asia.
          its that right... is fiesta carnival still functioning... Man, I love Cubao! Ali Peek's hometown..!

Comment

yeap, araneta can accomodate more people, as i see it will be standing crowd.... and its better than the municipal gym that used in tokushima... and it will be a great day for RP basketball team and fans as well,,, well i hope they group with china and beat it again, even if we lose we have the luxury of making it to turkey right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fil-Aus Boy
              its that right... is fiesta carnival still functioning... Man, I love Cubao! Ali Peek's hometown..!
              off-topic:

Fiesta Carnival died already, LOL. it was converted to a shopping center. btw, Cubao is reincarnating its urban context. a sprawl of high-density/high-rise condominiums (named as manhattan gardens) are expected to sprout like mushrooms in the area
              It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
              I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano
                I do hope that the PBA Coliseum would be finished by then.
                What PBA Coliseum? Is there a plan on building one?
                http://www.philippinebasketball.net

Comment

Philippines is 1st Country Host of Fiba Asia (Asian basketball Confederation Championships) 1960 and 1973 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Asia_Championship

Comment

Originally posted by jazperson
                    Dude Araneta is big enough you know the problem is we have only one great basketball arena which is Araneta Coliseum

Wag mong maliitin ang Araneta no mas magand pa nga yan sa ibang basketball stadium ng ibang bansa

trans: Araneta is a great basketball arena
                    PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack
                      Philippines is 1st Country Host of Fiba Asia (Asian basketball Confederation Championships) 1960 and 1973 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Asia_Championship
                      We've hosted 1978 FIBA World Basketball Champs
                      PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                        off-topic:

Fiesta Carnival died already, LOL. it was converted to a shopping center. btw, Cubao is reincarnating its urban context. a sprawl of high-density/high-rise condominiums (named as manhattan gardens) are expected to sprout like mushrooms in the area
                        Fiest Carnival is still operational. Even if the old indoor site was converted into a suoermarket, most of the rides and attractions were transferred to an open space right across the street fronting Shoemart-Cubao on one side and the Araneta Coliseum on the other.
                        Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                        Servinio's Blog of Sports
                        Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                        Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                        Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Originally posted by rycorpz
                          We've hosted 1978 FIBA World Basketball Champs
                          Actually, the Philippines hosted a two-in-one event at that time. While the Araneta Coliseum was playing host to the World Championship, the Asian Youth Championships (which the Philippines won) was being played at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by rycorpz
                            Dude Araneta is big enough you know the problem is we have only one great basketball arena which is Araneta Coliseum

Wag mong maliitin ang Araneta no mas magand pa nga yan sa ibang basketball stadium ng ibang bansa

trans: Araneta is a great basketball arena
                            When the Philippines hosted the 2005 FIBA-Asia Champions Cup, the games were rotated between the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, the Cuneta Astrodome in Pasay City and the Ynares Center in Antipolo City.

In 2000, the ABC All-Star Extravaganza was held at the Philsports Arena in Pasig City.

The 1996 Champions Cup was played at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum in Manila while the 1994 ABC Juniors was at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium also in Manila.

I think for 2009, the Araneta Coliseum should be the main venue while The San Juan Arena can serve as a support venue for holding classification or consolation round games or games involving the perceived "weak" teams.

Comment

Originally posted by pilipinas02
                              What do you think guys? This is the qualifying tournament for the 2010 World Championships in Turkey. I thought we had a great chance in hosting this year's FIBA-Asia no thanks to the suspension. Smart, San Miguel and Nike Phils. will join hand in hand again to support and provide the finances for this so I think there will be no problem financially. We will also get to see Yao, Sun, Yi and the rest of China A because for sure, they will field them on this tournament to qualify for the WBC, and we get to choose our own bracket.

Most probably it will hosted by an arab country. Dubai, UAE or Kuwait, since arabs are booming in the game, or Malaysia who is starting to promote their toursim, Manila? hopefully when this PBA coliseum is finish we might as well bag it. btw, PBA Coliseum will be build at the exact location of where is Manila Zoo right now?
                              Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information