how did you accept it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did you accept it?

well it was really a very painful loss for our team... there were really so many what ifs... i really don't want to blame anyone but its just that coach chot was simply outcoached by mario palma... knowing the style of palma, he is a very defense oriented coach especially in the inside but what we continued to do was to penetrate the basket and go back to the usual 1-on-1 play, where in fact we could have gone to renren ritualo to break the defense... well that's life... anyway 2 days have passed and it seems many people including me have already began to move on...

well that loss to jordan was really painful... as the buzzer sounded, i have mixed emotions- frustrated, disappointed and honestly, i was beginning to get teary eyed... its not a cry because of losing but its a cry for the love of the game, love of the country, and sharing my sympathy to the team that has sacrificed a lot... the likes of jimmy alapag, who still kept on hitting the 3point shot eventhough the game was already over, and danny seigle who waited for this tournament only to get injured again... i really feel for them...

after the loss i was really not into mood, i remember after watching the game, i had to attend this party of my friend and during the party i didn't talk for hours, i was busy thinking of that loss and i also got busy drinking a lot of beers... it was actually a surprise that i didn't get tipsy or drunk for the number of beers i had, well i guess that's because you let your mind function paving the way for the beer to go directly to your stomach not in your mind... i tell u it works... anyway, the day after that frustrating loss, i was still not in mood, i didn't talk that much and it was only late in the afternoon that i finally started to show some me... well i guess its really time to move on... that's life! there are a lot of things to look forward to... this isn't the end of our basketball, this is just the beginning... we should continue supporting ourour country no matter, we just had a lot of bad breaks in this tournament... im sure next time we'll be successful... i really think this is God's will... well im just sharing this to show u guys how proud i am as a filipino and how i love basketball and my country a lot...

feel free to also give your sides... Godbless and Long Live Pilipinas!!!
    Last edited by jrb0yd; 08-02-2007, 10:29 AM.

I pissed.

Comment

Im am not dissapointed with the loss against Iran and Jordan. Im a more dissapointed that this is one of the rare times that China is not sending their Strongest Team, giving RP got a good chance of winning the tournament. but Luck wasn't on our side.
      to answer to the topic.
      I just talked to our fellow kabayans here, talked about our misfortunes, whats gonna happen next. after that, concentrated on my work, to forgot what happened. and last, thinked about futute competitions RP NT will join.
      ________
      Ford boss 351 engine
      Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 01:18 AM.
      Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Originally posted by jrb0yd
        well it was really a very painful loss for our team... there were really so many what ifs... i really don't want to blame anyone but its just that coach chot was simply outcoached by mario palma... knowing the style of palma, he is a very defense oriented coach especially in the inside but what we continued to do was to penetrate the basket and go back to the usual 1-on-1 play, where in fact we could have gone to renren ritualo to break the defense... well that's life... anyway 2 days have pass and it seems many people including me have already began to move on...

well that loss to jordan was really painful... as the buzzer sounded, i have mixed emotions- frustrated, disappointed and honestly, i was beginning to get teary eyed... its not a cry because of losing but its a cry for the love of the game, love of the country, and sharing my sympathy to the team that has sacrificed a lot... the likes of jimmy alapag, who still kept on hitting the 3point shot eventhough the game was already over, and danny seigle who waited for this tournament only to get injured again... i really feel for them...

after the loss i was really not into mood, i remember after watching the game, i had to attend this party by my friend and during the party i didn't talk for hours, i was busy thinking of that loss and i also got busy drinking a lot of beers... it was actually a surprise that i didn't get tipsy or drunk for the number of beers i had, well i guess that's because you let your mind function paving the way for the beer to go directly to your stomach not in your mind... i tell u it works... anyway, the day after that frustrating loss, i was still not in mood, i didn't talk that much and it was only late in the afternoon that i finally started to show some me... well i guess its really time to move on... that's life! there are a lot of things to look forward to... this isn't the end of our basketball, this is just the beginning... we should continue supporting ourour country no matter, we just had a lot of bad breaks in this tournament... im sure next time we'll be successful... i really think this is God's will... well im just sharing this to show u guys how proud i am as a filipino and how i love basketball and my country a lot...

feel free to also give your sides... Godbless and Long Live Pilipinas!!!
        nicely said pare...i fell the same way,i hope alapag gets another shot at this and of course ren ren and asi! win or lose its still my beloved rp team.

Comment

i did not feel humiliated or deeply pained because i did not show-off or boast to the lebanese , chinese and other posters. we did our best, we did not lose by big margins and we got more respect this time, and I'm happy with that.

my attitude is, lets find where we went wrong and try again next time.

and lastly, let the other foreign posters show-off and brag. Don't mind them. My attitude has always been to let the RP team do the talking on the court. If we win or lose , actions always speak louder than words.
          Last edited by pachador; 08-01-2007, 11:21 PM.
          =========================================
          Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by pachador
            i did not feel humiliated or deeply pained because i did not show-off or boast to the lebanese , chinese and other posters. we did our best, we did not lose by big margins and we got more respect this time, and I'm happy with that.

and lastly, let the other foreign posters show-off and brag. Don't mind them. My attitude has always been to let the RP team do the talking on the court. If we win or lose , actions always speak louder than words.
            Kudos!! It was really painfl to accept that kind of a lose.. especially to IRan.. I do hope that Asi, Renren, and Jimmy will get another shot at this even if they are quite old during that time.. Well, this is the time of reckoning and it is also time to move on... It just says that we still have to improve our game... a lot!!

Comment

I'll be a hypocryte if I didn't say oh its just a loss but its not that just like that a lot of pride, honor and the name of our beloved country at stake to gain some respect and honor I don't want to mention some countries they've been bullying our country for so long even now I'm depressed its not just getting back at the world basketball map our quest here is redemption.
              Last edited by rycorpz; 08-02-2007, 01:07 AM.
              PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

Obviously, i was totally devastated with our loss to Jordan. Yes, devastated is the correct term. The words "frustrated" and "dissapointed" does not give enough justice to what im feeling that night. This may sound funny to some of you but i totally lost the appetite to eat that night. I had a hard time sleeping too and i found myself staring blankly on our ceiling.

"This can't be happening! We are bound to atleast enter the quarterfinals." This is what i repeatedly told myself until i fell to sleep.

I woke up feeling tired. It felt that i came from a bad dream. I realize that if this is how i felt, how much more the players and coach chot reyes, who was about to celebrate his birthday. They must have downed bottles of liquors in order to comfort themselves during the night.

Despite of our bad fate, i would still like to congratulate Team Pilipinas for their courageous effort. Luck was not really on our side, and it was evident the moment we were grouped in the Group of Death.
                RP Basketball Quintet...The Road Back to the Olympics

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50158

Comment

I felt bad really especially when Jordan went up by 11 in the 4th quarter. tsk.tsk.tsk. I was monitoring the score at FIBA Website. When RP was just exchanging baskets with Jordan, I've concluded it was all over. I was not in the mood of eagerly waiting to watch the delayed telecast at 7PM later that night. Lots of "what ifs" and "why dids" came to my mind...what if we're not bracketed in Group A?...why did Reyes not field Ritualo when we were up?...and many more. But this is just a game. I know we had little time to prepare while other NTs have been there for several years. But when I got home, I watched the first half...only the first half. ooh....Before I forgot, anybody caught that slamdunk by Gabe Norwood over Zaid Alkhas in the dying seconds? Have anybody posted it at youtube? Gabe was over the head flying for the slam. It reminded me of Vince Carter's dunk over Fred Weis of France in the Barcelona Olympics....which posterized him.
                  SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

my reaction ...

Well ... hmmm ... for me I do feel sad that the fact that I will not be able to have the opportunity to be able to see Team Pilipinas in the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Games ... how wonderful it would have been to be able to see on my TV screen ... Asi, Alapag, Norwood and company ... walk with the other Filipino athletes and demonstrate to the rest of the basketball world and the world that Filipino basketball still exists ...

okay ... I will shift away from the topic ... but I still find relevance to what I am about to say ... now I found it quite annoying that so many Filipinos in this forum over estimated the national teams from the other Asian nations ... I have been following Asian basketball for the last eight years and I knew that the Philippines would find it difficult to contest against an up and rising team like Iran or Jordan (especially since the Jordanian team is coached by one of the greatest international coaches in Mario Palma). Team Pilipinas is a VERY, VERY TALENTED team ... but ... as we all know that team chemistry is probably the biggest factor in being successful in the international basketball scene and not individual talent. HOWEVER, I am certain, that if Team Pilipinas continues its ways in preparing itself like they did HANDS DOWN ... Team Pilipinas would be with the Big Boyz.

Okay ... feel free to call me a hypocrite since for those who might remember that when Australia was playing in the 2006 World Championships I was OVER PASSIONATE ... and OVER CONFIDENT ... thus I do have understanding with the Filipinos and their fanaticism of their national team ...

Anyway, in summary ... I had mixed emotions ... the defeat allowed me to prove my point that though Philippines is a talented team ... it was over estimated that it could defeat national teams like Jordan and Iran who have been playing international basketball for a long while ...
                    However ... I have lost the opportunity to be able to boast to my friends in Australia and Uruguay that basketball in the "motherland" is top class ... I can still try to boast however, a 9th place in the FIBA Asia is tough to argue with ... anyway ... I really hope that Team Pilipinas will rise up again to the challenge ...and I am sure they will ... as we say here in South America ... VIVA FILIPINAS ... VIVA!!!
                    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
                    -El Padrino

Comment

jrboyd, man u had me teary eyed. you know i had to send off someone special today to the airport who i probably won't see for many years. im listening to jack johnson songs, sipping on hot tea, reading about our elimination in the ABC。

i feel you dude, we all cant jsut get down though. for all the injuries, blood, sweat, and tears of failure, it'll only make us better in the long term running if the program stays it's course. because if it doesn't then we would have dont nothing but in vain.

hang in there guys.
                      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Saskibaloia

Okay ... feel free to call me a hypocrite since for those who might remember that when Australia was playing in the 2006 World Championships I was OVER PASSIONATE ... and OVER CONFIDENT ... thus I do have understanding with the Filipinos and their fanaticism of their national team ...

if i remember correctly you used "mate" a lot and aussie slang haha, i need to find that post of yours it was awesome! haha good times saski, good times of arguing with each other and everyone in these boards.

remember bobo or something like that, that guy formt he mid east who was pro america more than some of us yanks int hese threads?!
                        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

If we get the 9th place in Japan FIBA, is there a chance that our rankings will get up at least by a few margin?
                          http://www.philippinebasketball.net

Comment

Originally posted by pachador

very well said

I agree with Pachador..

actually, I didn't watch the game live, I knew the results first through this forum, before watching it, I came home an hour earlier prior to the RPN 9 sked. Upon knowing that RP lost, I was more interested in watching the game vs. Jordan, and from what I see, it was a good loss, good loss in the sense that warriors need a good death, in RP NT's case, they deserve to loose in order to grow. and they have nothing to be ashamed of (especially those hardworkers in the team) and we have nothing to do about it, they are the ones doing the job and we are just observers. after the game, I felt relieved, relieved in the sense that finally I could focus on my thesis.

Even Coach Chot Reyes wished that the basketball program should still continue, even if he will not be the head coach again, still he wishes for a brighter future for the RP NT. we all do, and we should look forward to a brighter future and not drool over whatever disaster that happened.
                            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Coach Chot Reyes and the rest of the SBP just sang the hit song of James Ingram " Just Once " they did their best but they guess their best wasn't good enough..
                              ________
                              Glass Weed Pipe
                              Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 01:20 AM.
                              Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information