Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the Philippines bag the rights to host the wild card tournament next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the Philippines bag the rights to host the wild card tournament next year?

Assuming SBP won the bidding process to host the event next year and as a host given a slot, do you think our team (RP NT) has a chance against inter continental countries like Russia, Germany, Puerto Rico, Canada, New Zealand and Nigeria?

At least our national team will keep busy and will continue their training and who will be in the final line-up of the team and who will fill the right role for our national coach?
    Last edited by rycorpz; 07-31-2007, 05:14 PM.
    PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

You'd need to finish 2nd and 3rd at FIBA-Asia to qualify to that tournament... Sorry no Philippines
    aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by rycorpz
      Assuming SBP won the bidding process to host the event next year and as a host given a slot, do you think our team (RP NT) has a chance against inter continental countries like Russia, Germany, Puerto Rico, Canada, New Zealand and Nigeria?

At least our national team will keep busy and will continue their training and what will be the final line-up of the team and who will fill the right role for our national coach?
      malabo pre

ihost na lang ng Pinas ang WBC, sureball, qualified na tayo dun.hehe

translation:
      if the Philippines will host the World Basketball Championship, then we are qualified
      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
        You'd need to finish 2nd and 3rd at FIBA-Asia to qualify to that tournament... Sorry no Philippines
        may question is what if and assuming

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
          malabo pre

translation:
          if the Philippines will host the World Basketball Championship, then we are qualified
          oo nga at least dun sure na sure

trans: chances are very very slim

Comment

malabo pre

translation:

Sorry pre but the WBC will be hosted by Turkey in 2010. try nalang natin sa 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China. or 2009 Qualifying for WBC, even the SEA Games in Thailand this year.
            ________
            BMW M06
            Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 01:11 AM.
            Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Originally posted by thugpinoy
              Sorry pre but the WBC will be hosted by Turkey in 2010. try nalang natin sa 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China. or 2009 Qualifying for WBC, even the SEA Games in Thailand this year.
              there are a lot of WBC's and FIBA Asia to come, there are lot of FIBA-sanctioned tournaments to host, there are the Asian Youth Championships to consider. let's embrace FIBA in our own backyard, for everybody's awareness. btw, the last FIBA-sanctioned tournament we've hosted was back in 2005, the FIBA Champions Cup wherein RP placed 5th I guess.

we can never host the olympics, because we don't have the facilities and the capability of doing so. the only remaining option is to bid for the WBC if we want an automatic outright berth in the world basketball scene, no sweat for qualifying tournaments
              I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

there are a lot of WBC's and FIBA Asia to come, there are lot of FIBA-sanctioned tournaments to host, there are the Asian Youth Championships to consider. let's embrace FIBA in our own backyard, for everybody's awareness. btw, the last FIBA-sanctioned tournament we've hosted was back in 2005, the FIBA Champions Cup wherein RP placed 5th I guess.

we can never host the olympics, because we don't have the facilities and the capability of doing so. the only remaining option is to bid for the WBC if we want an automatic outright berth in the world basketball scene, no sweat for qualifying tournaments
                OT
                FYI Manila and Hiroshima are cooperatively talking to bid for 2020 Olympics, if they fail, 2024 Olympics, the scenario would be Manila-Hirsoshima Olympics.
                since the 2012 Olympics will be held in London, there are sayings that Chicago might take the 2016 Olympics.

________
                Sex videos
                Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 01:13 AM.

Comment

OT
                  FYI Manila and Hiroshima are cooperatively talking to bid for 2020 Olympics, if they fail, 2024 Olympics, the scenario would be Manila-Hirsoshima Olympics.
                  since the 2012 Olympics will be held in London, there are sayings that Chicago might take the 2016 Olympics.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Summer_Olympics
                  wtf? Manila-Hiroshima olympics? we really had a hard time hosting the SEA games, there was a potluck with corporate godfathers just to make the thing happen, now they are bidding for the 2020 Olympics, how come? btw bro, I've visited the Phillipine Olympic Committee office, I was researching for my thesis proposal back then which was an athlete's village and olympic village, but it did not materialize for some reasons. upon my research I didn't know that 2020 olympic bid not until now. kindly tell me where you got that news? tnx.

Comment

wtf? Manila-Hiroshima olympics? we really had a hard time hosting the SEA games, there was a potluck with corporate godfathers just to make the thing happen, now they are bidding for the 2020 Olympics, how come? btw bro, I've visited the Phillipine Olympic Committee office, I was researching for my thesis proposal back then which was an athlete's village and olympic village, but it did not materialize for some reasons. upon my research I didn't know that 2020 olympic bid not until now. kindly tell me where you got that news? tnx.
                    One friend of mine who is working as a sports journalist told me few months ago. You know Dennis Principe? a boxing scribe, one of the source of Madamme Beth Celis about Boxing news. this link for other bidding countries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Summer_Olympics
                    ________
                    MERCEDES-BENZ M115 ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
                    Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

One friend of mine who is working as a sports journalist told me few months ago. You know Dennis Principe? a boxing scribe, one of the source of Madamme Beth Celis about Boxing news. this link for other bidding countries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Summer_Olympics
                      Dennis Principe, I think he's the young sports analyst among the old-timers here in the Philippines.

that one was quite a fact. tnx dude.

Comment

Dennis Principe, I think he's the young sports analyst among the old-timers here in the Philippines.

that one was quite a fact. tnx dude.
                        Welcome,
                        Maybe you have seen him before, if theres a Pacquiao fight. he is like a young Quinito Henson in boxing..
                        ________
                        WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE FORUM
                        Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 01:15 AM.

Comment

OT
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Summer_Olympics
                          Wat?? Manila-Hiroshima games?? How is it possible?? All this time, I thought only one nation could host the Olypics for that said year...

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
                            Yes the Philippines failed to qualify for the Second Chance/Wild Card Tournament but if the country won the right to host the said tournament... then the Philippines can field the RP national team...

Originally posted by rycorpz
                            Against Russia and Germany will be a tough game... against Puerto Rico - we'll just have to distribute some scissors (na kinakalawang!) to every single Filipino players and we'll win ... I dunno about our chance against Canada - but a game between Steve Nash and Jimmy Alapag... About New Zealand - we can beat them and they're not that good.. Nigeria - 50-50...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar
                              Yes the Philippines failed to qualify for the Second Chance/Wild Card Tournament but if the country won the right to host the said tournament... then the Philippines can field the RP national team...

Against Russia and Germany will be a tough game... against Puerto Rico - we'll just have to distribute some scissors (na kinakalawang!) to every single Filipino players and we'll win ... I dunno about our chance against Canada - but a game between Steve Nash and Jimmy Alapag... About New Zealand - we can beat them and they're not that good.. Nigeria - 50-50...
                              New Zealand not good? Kiwis beat the U.S. NT in the last world championships, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information