Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Blessing in disguise: New format of Phil Basketball team and composition/strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Blessing in disguise: New format of Phil Basketball team and composition/strategies

Well, It's too bad we lost another heartbreaking experience for us but it's not the time to give up. We must be ready for the future because I believe the future is bright for all of us for example if we get to sponsor the 2008 World Qualifiers i think it's a long shot but who knows ryt?

MY probably new composition of line up of RP NT

1. Sonny Thoss
    2. Gabe Norwood
    3. Kelly Williams
    4. Danny Seigle (last chance?)
    5. Kirby Raymundo
    6. Willie Miller
    7. Ren Ren Ritualo
    8. James Yap
    9. Japeth Aguilar
    10. LA Tenorio
    11. Greg Slaughter
    12. Jimmy Alapag
    13. Mike Cortez
    14. Jay Washington
    15. Arwin Santos

Long term short list

1. Gian Chiu
    2. Sam Ekwe ( naturalized?)
    3. Ronnie Aguilar (If proven)
    4. Ray Parks Jr.
    5. Eman Samigue
    6. Jason Castro
    7. Yousif Aljamal
    8. Jvee Casio
    9. Mac Cardona
    10. Rico Maierhoffer

List can go on but i think pretty much of 6 of the original 15 man roster now will be the core group.well, It's planning time again but i think this time we will succeed given of the bright future of our RP basketball term plan

Originally posted by Jedi_master_from_phils
    Well, It's too bad we lost another heartbreaking experience for us but it's not the time to give up. We must be ready for the future because I believe the future is bright for all of us for example if we get to sponsor the 2008 World Qualifiers i think it's a long shot but who knows ryt?

MY probably new composition of line up of RP NT

1. Sonny Thoss
    2. Gabe Norwood
    3. Kelly Williams
    4. Danny Seigle (last chance?)
    5. Kirby Raymundo
    6. Willie Miller
    7. Ren Ren Ritualo
    8. James Yap
    9. Japeth Aguilar
    10. LA Tenorio
    11. Greg Slaughter
    12. Jimmy Alapag
    13. Mike Cortez
    14. Jay Washington
    15. Arwin Santos

Long term short list

1. Gian Chiu
    2. Sam Ekwe ( naturalized?)
    3. Ronnie Aguilar (If proven)
    4. Ray Parks Jr.
    5. Eman Samigue
    6. Jason Castro
    7. Yousif Aljamal
    8. Jvee Casio
    9. Mac Cardona
    10. Rico Maierhoffer

List can go on but i think pretty much of 6 of the original 15 man roster now will be the core group.well, It's planning time again but i think this time we will succeed given of the bright future of our RP basketball term plan
    I'd take Mac Cardona to replace either Miller or Ritualo. Both are rather short for 2-guards.

And the way things look, the only way Gian Chiu is joining the RP squad is as team physician.
    First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Comment

This Is My Lineup For 2010 Wold Championships

MY TEAM A
      J.AGUILAR(6'9-C/PF), S. THOSS(6'8-C/PF), JR. REYES(6'7-PF), J. WASHINGTON(6'7-PF), K.RAYMUNDO(6'6-PF/SF), K.WILLIAMS(6'6-PF/SF), G.NORWOOD(6'5-SF/SG), A.SANTOS(6'4-SF/SG), J.YAP(6'2-SG), M.CAGUIAO(6'0-SG) I THINK HE WILL BE A TEAM PLAYER BY THAT TIME, M.CORTEZ(6'0-PG), J.ALAPAG(5'8-PG)alapag can still play hes just turning 32 at year 2010..olsen racela was 32 when he plays at the 2002 asian games so i include alapag!
      Reserves: R. RITUALO(6'0-SG) in case caguiao dont change he's style of playing!
      LAKAS PARIN NITO!ANG BUMANGGA GIBA!
      MY TEAM B

Y. DE OCAMPO(6'9-C), E. SAMIGUE(6'8-C), J. DEVANCE(6'6-PF), MAIERHOFFER(6'6-PF), E. VILLANUEVA(6'6,PF), R. DE OCAMPO(6'5-SF), S. SALVACION(6'3-SF) JC INTAL(6'4-SF),L.FONACIER(6'2-SG), M.CARDONA(6'1-SG), J. CASTRO(5'10-PG),LA TENORIO(5'8-PG),

Comment

you forgot rafi reavis

Comment

remove Seigle. he is not worth it because he gets injured all the time.
          =========================================
          Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by dgenx
            you forgot rafi reavis
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English please stick to that coz he looks like another american!

i want a lesser fil-ams as much as possible!
            Last edited by rikhardur; 07-30-2007, 07:11 PM. Reason: Little time between consecutive posts

Comment

If ill be the next coach...

I'll keep Kelly Williams Kerby Raymundo Gabe Norwood and Jimmy Alapag...

the rest will be replaced....

Marc Caguioa - very selfish player... Where did You see a PG that will bring the ball down.... dribble dribble dribble dribble and more dribble then shoot.... wtf?

Eric Menk - slowed by his injuries... He's still the MAJOR PAIN we know... MAJOR PAIN for his injuries....

Danny Seigle - Like menk he's been slowin down by injuries.... he's not the same player anymore... no more explosivness... sayang sya!

Pennisi - Too slow.... Cant get rebounds... Too slow for defense...

Ren Ritualo - We all know for the fact that this kid can score.... Maybe chot misused him.... I think I'll keep him.... They just need to make plays for him... Like what they did to Allan Caidic... set him some plays....

Asi Taulava - He's old for the next Qualifying round... Just concentrate in PBA...

Jay Helterbrand - Nerbyoso.... He cant execute plays like what he's been doin in PBA....

Hontiveros - Foul Prone.... Parang mamamatay kung hindi makapag foul ng kalaban.... He did his job... now pass the ball to the youngsters.... He represented RP team two times already and he failed...

Now lets start to train our Young ones....

Sonny Thoss
              Arwind Santos
              Joe Devance
              Eman Samigue
              Jay Washington
              James Yap
              Greg Slaughter
              Jc Intal
              Mike Cortez
              and many more...

We need Tall and Fast players...
              Someone who is ready to die for loose balls...

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita
                If ill be the next coach...

I'll keep Kelly Williams Kerby Raymundo Gabe Norwood and Jimmy Alapag...

the rest will be replaced....

Marc Caguioa - very selfish player... Where did You see a PG that will bring the ball down.... dribble dribble dribble dribble and more dribble then shoot.... wtf?

Eric Menk - slowed by his injuries... He's still the MAJOR PAIN we know... MAJOR PAIN for his injuries....

Danny Seigle - Like menk he's been slowin down by injuries.... he's not the same player anymore... no more explosivness... sayang sya!

Pennisi - Too slow.... Cant get rebounds... Too slow for defense...

Ren Ritualo - We all know for the fact that this kid can score.... Maybe chot misused him.... I think I'll keep him.... They just need to make plays for him... Like what they did to Allan Caidic... set him some plays....

Asi Taulava - He's old for the next Qualifying round... Just concentrate in PBA...

Jay Helterbrand - Nerbyoso.... He cant execute plays like what he's been doin in PBA....

Hontiveros - Foul Prone.... Parang mamamatay kung hindi makapag foul ng kalaban.... He did his job... now pass the ball to the youngsters.... He represented RP team two times already and he failed...

Now lets start to train our Young ones....

Sonny Thoss
                Arwind Santos
                Joe Devance
                Eman Samigue
                Jay Washington
                James Yap
                Greg Slaughter
                Jc Intal
                Mike Cortez
                and many more...

We need Tall and Fast players...
                Someone who is ready to die for loose balls...

Cool Cat Mike Cortez is aging also.. by that time he is 30+ years old maybe.

Jimmy Alapag can still play by that time, same with Norwood, Williams, Kerby, RenRen. the rest of the 12, cut it. replace them with, Yap, De Ocampo, Thoss, Washington and some young talents.
                JC Intal is a one on one type of player, Arwind is too thin, unless he gains muscle like kerby and he is 26 years old now.
                How about Sam Ekwe? is he a Filipino? or a foreigner who is just studying at San Beda College?
                ________
                HEALTH FORUMS
                Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 12:59 AM.
                Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Originally posted by chokoi
                  MY TEAM A
                  J.AGUILAR(6'9-C/PF), S. THOSS(6'8-C/PF), JR. REYES(6'7-PF), J. WASHINGTON(6'7-PF), K.RAYMUNDO(6'6-PF/SF), K.WILLIAMS(6'6-PF/SF), G.NORWOOD(6'5-SF/SG), A.SANTOS(6'4-SF/SG), J.YAP(6'2-SG), M.CAGUIAO(6'0-SG) I THINK HE WILL BE A TEAM PLAYER BY THAT TIME, M.CORTEZ(6'0-PG), J.ALAPAG(5'8-PG)alapag can still play hes just turning 32 at year 2010..olsen racela was 32 when he plays at the 2002 asian games so i include alapag!
                  Reserves: R. RITUALO(6'0-SG) in case caguiao dont change he's style of playing!
                  LAKAS PARIN NITO!ANG BUMANGGA GIBA!
                  MY TEAM B

Y. DE OCAMPO(6'9-C), E. SAMIGUE(6'8-C), J. DEVANCE(6'6-PF), MAIERHOFFER(6'6-PF), E. VILLANUEVA(6'6,PF), R. DE OCAMPO(6'5-SF), S. SALVACION(6'3-SF) JC INTAL(6'4-SF),L.FONACIER(6'2-SG), M.CARDONA(6'1-SG), J. CASTRO(5'10-PG),LA TENORIO(5'8-PG),
                  Team Pilipinas
                  J.Aguilar-C 6'9
                  S.Eman-C 6'10
                  S.Thoss-C/F 6'8
                  J.R Reyes-F 6'8 or 6'7
                  Kerby Raymundo-F 6'6
                  K.Williams-F 6'6
                  G.Norwood-F/G 6'6
                  A.Santos-F/G 6'5
                  Kg Canaleta-F/G 6'6
                  JC Intal-G 6'4
                  Mark Cagioua-G 6'0
                  J.Castro-G 5'11
                  J.Alapag-G 5'8
                  reserved
                  Mike Cortez-G 6'0
                  J.Washington -F 6'7
                  J.Devance-F 6'7
                  G.Chiu-C 6'10
                  Rabi Al Hussiene? C 6'8
                  Head Coach:Chot Reyes
                  [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

Here's my line-up for next RP NT:

5-8 G Jimmy Alapag
                    6-2 G Ryan Reyes --- replacing Jayjay Helterbrand
                    6-3 G James Yap --- replacing Florendo Ritualo
                    6-0 G Mark Cardona --- replacing Mark Caguioa

6-6 GF Gabe Norwood
                    6-7 F Kirby Raymundo
                    6-7 F Kelly Williams
                    6-7 F Anthony Washington --- replacing Danny Seigle
                    6-9 CF Japeth Aguilar --- replacing Dondon Hontiveros

6-8 C Sonny Thoss --- replacing Eric Menk
                    6-8 C JayR Reyes --- replacing Mick Pennisi
                    6-11 ONE NATURALIZED PLAYER
                    or
                    6-9 C Asi Taulava --- to spell our big men for a few minutes
                    SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by thugpinoy
                      Cool Cat Mike Cortez is aging also.. by that time he is 30+ years old maybe.

Jimmy Alapag can still play by that time, same with Norwood, Williams, Kerby, RenRen. the rest of the 12, cut it. replace them with, Yap, De Ocampo, Thoss, Washington and some young talents.
                      JC Intal is a one on one type of player, Arwind is too thin, unless he gains muscle like kerby and he is 26 years old now.
                      How about Sam Ekwe? is he a Filipino? or a foreigner who is just studying at San Beda College?
                      Ekwe is a Nigerian and is studying at San Beda to become a monk. He is taking up marketing then he would move to the San Beda monastery in Bukidnon.
                      "Life is like chess; an art and a struggle."

Comment

I should using the Philippine team system are:

For SBP---

1.)Joining all international tournaments
                        2.)More training programs and more basketball population players esp. young kids for future national players
                        3.)Focus scouting other country players
                        4.)Pick experience international coach, but just in case it would be effective
                        5.)Tune-up games against complete world power teams
                        6.)Allowing naturalize player

For PBA---

1.) Use FIBA rules(please remove the player's permitted the call time-out, remove no charging zone) but only remain 12 minutes per quarter.
                        2.) No age limit
                        3.) The Filipino referees adopt FIBA officiating seminars
                        4.) Create international invitational tournaments. More national power teams compete is a must(like William Jones Cup)
                        5.) A player atleast highschool graduate and college student
                        6.) Allow foreign-blood player who have Filipino citizenship and more years in the Philippines for natural Filipino.

Coaches and Players

1.) Must learn international experience
                        2.) Give our faith
                        3.) Do not lose your pride
                        4.) Our hearts

Comment

Originally posted by aklanarcher
                          Ekwe is a Nigerian and is studying at San Beda to become a monk. He is taking up marketing then he would move to the San Beda monastery in Bukidnon.
                          I'd prefer Sam Ekwe to be naturalized, he's young, he's disciplined and he has been embraced by the Philippine Amateur Basketball..he'll go to waste if he will not continue his basketball career.
                          It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                          I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                            I'd prefer Sam Ekwe to be naturalized, he's young, he's disciplined and he has been embraced by the Philippine Amateur Basketball..he'll go to waste if he will not continue his basketball career.
                            What if Ekwe was naturalized and Chiu was drafted into the team? We won't only have two big players, but both a priest and a doctor as well! Best of both worlds, baby!
                            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by chokoi
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English please stick to that coz he looks like another american!

i want a lesser fil-ams as much as possible!
                              Actually Raffi is more look like an amerasian....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information